• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#2363][W:#1708]Ketanji Brown Jackson Confirmed As The First Black Woman To Serve on US Supreme Court

Thank God! She is going to be a great addition to the court.
Truly a dark day for this Country. This woman belongs no where near the Court. She will not stand up for our Constitutional rights, but I'm sure she'll invent some that aren't there and allow the government to step all over us. And, of course, left wing radicalism will supersede the Constitution on every important issue. Child molesters rejoice!

You felt the same way when Republicans confirmed three qualified judges with a total of 4 Democrat votes split between the three of them?
Nah. You can use the Search Function to find my comments on Gorsuch, CryBaby K and Barrett.

she definitely plays guard if her family has a basketball team...

1649371606803.png

Nah, but I hope he takes the time to teach her about the Constitution and what her job is.
What is the problem? A liberal replaced a liberal. Conservatives overwhelmingly control our court system. I understand you disagree with her politics, but that doesn't make her bad. Biden won the election. He gets to pick a left-of-center justice.

KBJ is under no obligation to go along with silly questions posed by the GOP. Particularly ones that have nothing to do with her job.
Will she recuse on issues of gender being that she is not a biologist? I suspect there will be some title 9 cases......
You can thank Ted Kennedy for partisan votes for the courts. Democrats discovered judges are much more efficient legislators than those we elect. It shouldn't matter if judges followed the constitution and the law.

Nah, but I hope he takes the time to teach her about the Constitution and what her job is.
it appears that she is really smart and has consumed knowledge.

She could not even answer a question about what a woman is, so how is she going to make decisions on what people's rights are?

She is a radical activist judge. Shame on Collins, Murkowski, and that low down lying POS fake Mitt Romney for not standing with the opposition to this radical judge.

Had Romny and the other two telegraphed their votes against Brown earlier on, then maybe one or two dems would have followed. But no dem would vote against her knowing that 3 Republicans were already in line to vote for her anyway.

Collins you may almost excuse to some degree as she is in a blue state. But Romney the FAKE conservative is from Utah, he should have stood against this nominee.

The fact that the right is butt hurt over this makes it the right choice. Congrats to her and thank you to the Republicans like Collins, Murkowski, and Mitt Romney for not being like the other piece of shit, racist, partisan puke Republicans.

Unless you are molested by someone that should have been in jail, but isn't, because of her.
i think once you're less emotional and she rules the way you want a time or two you'll stop using the Fox line.

Please flesh out and expound on “this issue”.
Sure. Based on prior conversations I figured the “shame on you for not voting for a qualified judge” would only lean in one direction, but was curious if it were true or if you’d admit it. It’s a false argument to claim “shame” on one side while not doing the inverse when your preferred side is acting in a more abhorrent manner of what you claim to disagree with. There’s no valid reason 100% of Democrats would have voted against ACB beyond pure partisanship. Republicans were more generous with Jackson than Democrats were of Republican nominees. Likewise, Democrats gave similar results to Gorsuch and let’s not even get into the ridiculousness of what Democrats did in the Kavanaugh confirmation. Jackson got off easy in that regard.

Well deserved.

Graham and Paul are a disgrace for their blatant disregard for the dignity of the process. Of course the Right will cheer on their lack of respect.
"Dignity of process"

You did not see the prior three confirmation's did you?

Lack of respect...... Oh my......
Has to be a partisan view of the process.

Here's some interesting facts:

KBJ is the 116th Supreme Court Justice.

She got more votes than Amy Coney Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh.
Yep. Three DEMs crossed over for Gorsuch: Manchin, Heitkamp and Donnelly.

Final Tally: 54 - 45. Isakson (R- Georgia) did not vote; apparently stayed home recovering from back surgery.

Sure. Based on prior conversations I figured the “shame on you for not voting for a qualified judge” would only lean in one direction, but was curious if it were true or if you’d admit it. It’s a false argument to claim “shame” on one side while not doing the inverse when your preferred side is acting in a more abhorrent manner of what you claim to disagree with. There’s no valid reason 100% of Democrats would have voted against ACB beyond pure partisanship. Republicans were more generous with Jackson than Democrats were of Republican nominees. Likewise, Democrats gave similar results to Gorsuch and let’s not even get into the ridiculousness of what Democrats did in the Kavanaugh confirmation. Jackson got off easy in that regard.
More predictable long winded rubbish.

Will she recuse on issues of gender being that she is not a biologist? I suspect there will be some title 9 cases......
You can thank Ted Kennedy for partisan votes for the courts. Democrats discovered judges are much more efficient legislators than those we elect. It shouldn't matter if judges followed the constitution and the law.
Blackburn never asked her about Title 9 cases. That would have been an actual question. More over, gender doesn't really deal with biology.

Yep. Three DEMs crossed over for Gorsuch: Manchin, Heitkamp and Donnelly.

Final Tally: 54 - 45. Isakson (R- Georgia) did not vote; apparently stayed home recovering from back surgery.
It is really sad that Supreme Court Justice appointments have morphed into partisan fist fights. We no longer go by the principle of: Elections have consequences. The Presidents picks the person. If they are qualified for the position, you vote them in. Republicans will appoint right-of-center folks. Democrats left-of-center. Most Republicans voted against KBJ because she's a Democrat and Biden appointed her.

Back
Top Bottom