• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:236] Name them and shame them or let them do their jobs?

I think the reason they’re taking this course is based on investigations and the conclusion in their minds of the findings that this move is warranted. Will they fail? Most likely. But then I doubt the amount of money and time will be spent on it that was given to the mueller investigation and what was gained from it?

chirp, chirp, chirp, crickets?

chirp, chirp, chirp, crickets?

“So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

I can’t find anything to disagree on. There are enough piling on Trump’s stupidity that I need not join. There’s no doubt in my mind that Biden will be the next POTUS. But there’s also no doubt in my mind that if the election turned out differently that the Democrats would not be playing their own political games to overturn the legitimacy of the election. They tried for four years and failed.
They may have tried for four years through impeachment. I don't recall the Dems raising such a fuss over the 2016 election. I don't recall Obama calling officials asking them to change the certified results of an election.

Politics has just gotten nasty in the US. Republicans tried to block Obama from getting anything done. Democrats tried to block Trump from getting anything done.
In the end it is the American people who loose.

You don't have a clue. Using your silly logic, the Trump camp would have sought to contest every single state they lost. They obviously stuck to the states with voting irregularities.
Except there were only claims of voting irregularities and 90 Court judges threw all of them out of court in disgust. Claims are meaningless without evidence and proof. I can claim you are from Mars, which is how you behave but without proof it is not real and would be thrown out of any court.

They may have tried for four years through impeachment. I don't recall the Dems raising such a fuss over the 2016 election. I don't recall Obama calling officials asking them to change the certified results of an election.

Politics has just gotten nasty in the US. Republicans tried to block Obama from getting anything done. Democrats tried to block Trump from getting anything done.
In the end it is the American people who loose.
Don’t you recall some elected officials calling for Trump’s impeachment before he even had a chance to step into the WH? What act could he have possibly done as President to be considered for impeachment?

Yes, politics and politicians have gotten increasingly nasty. On both sides. Makes me sick. We do lose and I don’t think the losing is over.

That's the point of contention though. The claims of fraud presented by the incumbent and his legal team have gone through 50+ reviews and all have been dismissed. The administrations own agencies have not found evidence supporting the fraud claims. So the potential harm here is endless challenges to election results in despite the findings of legal challenges and conclusions reached by government agencies.

It's the old "rabbit hole" dilemma at play here, and there will never be an end if at the core of the complaints is the assumption nothing or no one can be trusted.

Both sides of the fence play the same partisan games attempting to gain favor with the public, but it's too late for some to push the idea that Republicans bad, Democrats good, after the four most divisive years in any elected president's term.
Say what you want about DJT, but the sitting congressional Democrats from 2016-2020 should IMO, never be trusted again. Who tears up a sitting president's state of the union address in public for the whole world to see?

This is a general statement/question, and not pointed at you.

Don't anyone ever lecture or pretend the Democrats do anything noble for the good of the country... but to grab power back for themselves.

Except there were only claims of voting irregularities and 90 Court judges threw all of them out of court in disgust. Claims are meaningless without evidence and proof. I can claim you are from Mars, which is how you behave but without proof it is not real.

Again, I can never quite take you seriously. One cannot say there was not evidence and proof until such evidence and when presented is actually allowed to be presented and looked at. Those judges refused to even allow the evidence into court. That's why the group of GOP Senators is seeking an audit. If you do not think there were irregularities, then you should not fear an audit. If an audit found no evidence of irregularities, then it would at least restore confidence at some level in the election system.

I can’t find anything to disagree on. There are enough piling on Trump’s stupidity that I need not join. There’s no doubt in my mind that Biden will be the next POTUS. But there’s also no doubt in my mind that if the election turned out differently that the Democrats would not be playing their own political games to overturn the legitimacy of the election. They tried for four years and failed.
There were no claims about the legitimacy of the one term mistakes election results in 2016. There were investigation on Russian interference and his involvement as well as an impeachment for crimes he committed as President. In fact several GOP Senators asked the American people to decide his guilt in the impeachment and we did that and the verdict is guilty as charged . Here's a part of Rob Portmans comment.

In this case, no crime is alleged. …It’s better to let the people decide. Early voting has already started in some states and the Iowa caucuses occurred last night. Armed with all the information, we should let the voters have their say at the ballot box.”

https://www.justsecurity.org/68415/...es-53-senators-say-trump-guilty-on-the-facts/

Again, I can never quite take you seriously. One cannot say there was not evidence and proof until such evidence and when presented is actually allowed to be presented and looked at. Those judges refused to even allow the evidence into court. That's why the group of GOP Senators is seeking an audit. If you do not think there were irregularities, then you should not fear an audit. If an audit found no evidence of irregularities, then it would at least restore confidence at some level in the election system.
So now all our judges are corrupt and you take the one term mistakes word instead? You must be from Mars, no American would ever make those claims. WTF is an audit anyway? I can't find it in the Constitution or anywhere in election law. Most of Mr. One and dones lawsuits did not even claim election fraud BTW. The couldn't because they had no evidence.

Why Trump’s election fraud claims aren’t showing up in his lawsuits challenging the results

There seems to be a real disconnect between the claims of widespread fraud, a stolen election and illegal voting made by President Donald Trump and his allies and the actual claims formally made by his lawyers in court.
Both Trump in his Twitter feed and White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany in her press conferences have made allegations of broad-based election fraud. But under questioning from judges in Arizona and Pennsylvania, Trump’s lawyers have backed away from actually asserting fraud. Despite Trump’s allegations to the contrary, his lawyers have acknowledged that they are not claiming that dead people voted or that occasional computer glitches were part of a deliberate conspiracy.

In one of several Pennsylvania cases, Trump attorneys actually signed a legal document in which they stated,

“Petitioners do not allege, and there is no evidence of, any fraud in connection with the challenged ballots; Petitioners do not allege, and there is no evidence of, any misconduct in connection with the challenged ballots; Petitioners do not allege, and there is no evidence of, any impropriety in connection with the challenged ballots; Petitioners do not allege, and there is no evidence of, any undue influence committed with respect to the challenged ballots.”
https://theconversation.com/why-tru...n-his-lawsuits-challenging-the-results-150505

One cannot say there was not evidence and proof until such evidence and when presented is actually allowed to be presented and looked at. Those judges refused to even allow the evidence into court. That's why the group of GOP Senators is seeking an audit.

So why did these Senators not demand investigations? The have had two months and have not once demanded a Senate investigation. Now they want one?

Moderator's Warning:
If one is unable to debate in this thread with civility and without attacking other posters they will be dealt with.

Who agrees? Who disagrees and give your reasons why.

Said by the eleven Republican Senate members,

11 Senate Republicans say they will oppose Electoral College results Wednesday

Eric Swalwell tweeted this morning a scathing rebuke of senate Republicans.

Ironically, Eric Swalwell, of all people, says the above eleven should be named and shamed because they are the enemies of democracy.
Now that's some crazy stuff coming from him of all people. So should we name them and shame them or sit back, let the process unfold, and let them do their jobs?

Eric Swalwell on Twitter: "Name & shame these enemies of democracy: Ted Cruz (TX) Ron Johnson (WI) James Lankford (OK) Steve Daines (MT) John Kennedy (LA) Marsha Blackburn (TN) Mike Braun (IN) Cynthia Lummis (WY) Roger Marshall (KS) Bill Hagerty (TN) Tommy Tuberville (AL)" / Twitter

Name them and shame them. As you've already said on multiple occasions yourself, the function is to delegitimize the election results in order to weaken Biden politically. This is inappropriate and it's time this nonsense stops.

Now this is where you say that Democrats did something mean at some other point in time, to which I say, get a new schtick.

Name them. Everyone should know who they are and what they're trying to do. If you see that as shaming them that's on you. If you're gonna nut up like these guys then have the balls to own your actions. Don't hide. And hey, look, Ted Cruz. The poster child for the subservient, emasculated, nutless Trumpists. History should remember them as the losers they are. And I will continue to hope for the complete collapse of the Republican Party. They have brought this on themselves.

Just one more silly rant..... attacking as posted: subservient, emasculated, nutless Trumpists?
One more emotional outburst ;)
There will no be a collapse of the republicans. There will be a change.

Name them and shame them. As you've already said on multiple occasions yourself, the function is to delegitimize the election results in order to weaken Biden politically. This is inappropriate and it's time this nonsense stops.

Now this is where you say that Democrats did something mean at some other point in time, to which I say, get a new schtick.

Say whatever you want... What I wrote should be obvious to everyone, regardless of their political leaning.

Don’t you recall some elected officials calling for Trump’s impeachment before he even had a chance to step into the WH? What act could he have possibly done as President to be considered for impeachment?

Yes, politics and politicians have gotten increasingly nasty. On both sides. Makes me sick. We do lose and I don’t think the losing is over.

Like you mentioned earlier, term limits would help.

Projection. ^

So you don't want them to do their jobs then and are quite OK with Swalwell's hypocrisy?

They didn't do their jobs when they declined to remove this psychotic criminal from office.

Say whatever you want... What I wrote should be obvious to everyone, regardless of their political leaning.

And you can say whatever you want, thought that "whatever" is always going to be the same thing: justifying the worst behavior and the worst actions because a Democrats said something mean once.

It's not acceptable for the Republican Senators to delegitimize the democratic process for purposes of revenge.

What is the point? There is nothing to investigate. Of course, they could have done this a month ago.

The message here is, don't bother with the courts, don't bother with the recounts, don't bother with the court cases, don't bother with the certifications. WE will determine the election.

The destruction of norms, which is what we are seeing here, is a step towards autocracy. Its why we have them. So is refusal to accept the results of elections and the peaceful, accepting transfer of power.

Maybe these senators can created their own caucus - the Autocratic Caucus.

Like you mentioned earlier, term limits would help.
It will never be seriously considered by politicians that have made a career out of politics.

Speaking of just presidential elections alone. If I recall there is a minimum age of 42 to run. Why not a maximum age? If the best this country can expect is someone close to death (statistically) then we’re in trouble. These people just don’t want to let go.

It will never be seriously considered by politicians that have made a career out of politics.

Speaking of just presidential elections alone. If I recall there is a minimum age of 42 to run. Why not a maximum age? If the best this country can expect is someone close to death (statistically) then we’re in trouble. These people just don’t want to let go.

I don't think it's about holding on to the money with many of these career old timers. It's arrogance for many to think they would be so missed by the country, when in effect, I think it's about them holding onto power to appease their egos.

Seriously? You going to go this route as an intelligent rebuttal to the constant, divisive, corrupt display of fakery, bogus Russia colluin CT's, political impeachment and staged shit shows by the 2016-2020 butt hurt Democrats?

Carry on...🤪
So you ARE saying it is ok for the Republicans to do what they want but if the DEM's try the same thing they are doing something that isn't right.
Again it is a matter of what goes around comes around .
The Republicans did everything they could tomake Obama a one term President, McConnell started working against Obama even BEFORE he took office, and now that the dems have done it to Trump they don't like it
Have a nice afternoon

I don't think it's about holding on to the money with many of these career old timers. It's arrogance for many to think they would be so missed by the country, when in effect, I think it's about them holding onto power to appease their egos.
I was thinking more about power. That’s the currency of politicians.

There is precedent for an Electoral Commission . In 1877 the election results between Rutherford Hayes and Samuel Tilden were being contested in multiple states over allegations of fraud. Congress did not just blow it off but instead formed an Electoral Commission. This commission was made up of 5 House representatives, 5 senators and 5 Supreme Court justices to resolve the conflict.

Since part of the fraud allegations involve Dominion voting machines I see a real possibility of a forensic audit being ordered in every contested state where Dominion machines were used and major irregularities occurred.

There are some serious allegations of foreign interference in our election.

There are allegations of fraud occurring over the use of fraudulent ballots being used that were not the right weight of paper and the ovals being filled in perfectly as if a machine/computer did it. And several amount of ballots counted did not have creases that would have occurred if stuffed in an envelope to be mailed.
So most likely there will be an inspection of ballots in certain areas.

There are numerous allegations of fraud of someone casting a ballot under a name that was deceased, or listed residential addresses that do not exist like empty lots, address of mail distribution centers etc., or ballots being cast in the name of people who no longer reside in the county/state and filled out years ago a change of address where they have resided for years, or ballots being cast under a name that were not registered voters. Illegal persons casting ballots. The Amistad Project for months has had an army of people painstakingly researching and documenting their findings of all these scenarios using state and federal records to expose fraudulent ballots that were cast.

A ten day audit is something all should want. If you believe this election was won fair and square you should not fear it. If you believe it was stolen you should be willing to accept the outcome if it does not go your way.

There is a report out there a group over 400 strong of former intelligence officers, analysts, operatives, military, law enforcement, and judiciary from the FBI, CIA, Military Intelligence, DIA, and National Security Agency (NSA), among others, as well as many former intelligence officers in other countries that are involved in investigating fraud of the 2020 election. From their own observations they believe massive fraud occurred .

https://www.theepochtimes.com/more-...estigate-election-irregularities_3640420.html

Back
Top Bottom