• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

Yeah, I must have missed the Russian army triumphantly marking through the streets of Kyiv and Kharkiv.

Oh, wait. They have taken 9 months to go ten miles.
Ukraine is going backwards and getting shelled as they do. Realistically what would you like to happen next with this war? Not your fantasy but a realistic next step. Continue to fight? Ukraine counter offensive? When is a good stopping point?

Ukraine is not going to beat Russia in a war.

Ukraine is going backwards and getting shelled as they do. Realistically what would you like to happen next with this war? Not your fantasy but a realistic next step. Continue to fight? Ukraine counter offensive? When is a good stopping point?

Ukraine is not going to beat Russia in a war.
Counter offensive.

Your heroes are going to fertilize Ukrainian fields, and Russia will wind up with less than they started with.

I understand the Swiss are letting specific agreements with EU lapse. From what I gathered, Swiss loses as access to markets are lost.
Yes, the Swiss government has cut important ties with the EU.
But I love it, because on the one side they point out how neutral they are and why they cannot help the Ukraine. But then come asking to be more involved with NATO.
That is the problem with Swiss-land, on the one side they want all the goodies of the EU and Schengen, but on the other side they rebuff both of them.
Same with NATO, no export license for NATO countries supporting the Ukraine, but then wants to be a backdoor NATO member, or what ever, or profit from NATO.

The answer to that has to be NO.

Yes, the Swiss government has cut important ties with the EU.
But I love it, because on the one side they point out how neutral they are and why they cannot help the Ukraine. But then come asking to be more involved with NATO.
That is the problem with Swiss-land, on the one side they want all the goodies of the EU and Schengen, but on the other side they rebuff both of them.
Same with NATO, no export license for NATO countries supporting the Ukraine, but then wants to be a backdoor NATO member, or what ever, or profit from NATO.

The answer to that has to be NO.
Thing is, they are surrounded by NATO. Their mindset would change if Russia was near their front door

Thing is, they are surrounded by NATO. Their mindset would change if Russia was near their front door
Austria and Swiss-land are riding the gravy train of the huge NATO umbrella, without having to make a commitment. Sweden and Finland did the same. But now they could be frontline states, if Russia thinks they are Ukraine. Russia has a serious fleet in the Baltic, which could threaten Sweden. Finland is obvious, its border.
Suddenly NATO is popular. Makes you think, don't you think so ?

I think it is time for Austria and Switzerland to make a commitment and not be a parasite of the European NATO umbrella.

Meant to post this video from 3 days ago - apologies if someone else has already posted it.

These Dutch YPR-765s are what you see scurrying around on the battlefield from38 seconds onwards.

7a5653ca908f88424799d8c521ff8a1b.jpg

Why are the YPR's doing?

Is that dumb or what? Letting your enemy know what you you think their plans are and how you will counter them? Seems to me this should be classified vs. on an Internet video.

Wow, she lets it hang out, good for Her.
Gee I not only wish the leaders of the other big NATO members spoke like that, I also wish on the occasion that they speak half that strong they had staffs that didn't "walk back" their passion.

My bet anyone working for her that tried that crap would be booted soccer style right out the door.

Last edited:
Austria and Swiss-land are riding the gravy train of the huge NATO umbrella, without having to make a commitment. Sweden and Finland did the same. But now they could be frontline states, if Russia thinks they are Ukraine. Russia has a serious fleet in the Baltic, which could threaten Sweden. Finland is obvious, its border.
Suddenly NATO is popular. Makes you think, don't you think so ?

I think it is time for Austria and Switzerland to make a commitment and not be a parasite of the European NATO umbrella.
I disagree on some points
1 -always need a Neutral country for negotiations
2- IIRC Austrian neutrality was an agreement with the US/West/Russia after WW2
3- Finland-survived next to the Russian Bear -fought wars with Russia
4- Sweden - same as 3 except for proximity -fought wars with Russians - knows them well
5 - Sweden/Finland joining NATO - huge decision for both. But the US/others stepped in with security guarantees. Read that as US guarantees
6- No NATO future procurements of arms from Switzerland

Why are the YPR's doing?

Is that dumb or what? Letting your enemy know what you you think their plans are and how you will counter them? Seems to me this should be classified vs. on an Internet video.
Who knows what comes out of that mouth
His Wagner mercs are being decimated in Ukraine

I find him creepy to look at.
Me I look at his agenda and laws passed
Someone here had a sig along the lines of" dictatorship in the US will come riding a Whitehorse and carrying a Bible".
That is DeSantis - a much smarter Trump - dangerous man

So P has Ukraine attacking on 5 fronts with 200K reserves, in addition to the 200K already active? Seriousaly?

Let us hope they don't dissipate their forces, and stick to no more than two fronts. Although the idea of takin Belgorad as a bargaining chip has its appeal, most likely because no one would expect it and it likely wouldn't be a great problem.

Still, I expect the two front sectors to be attacked, if they are attacked, will be within Ukraine.

Last edited:
Counter offensive.

Your heroes are going to fertilize Ukrainian fields, and Russia will wind up with less than they started with.
why do people need to suggest anybody not cheering on Ukraine is cheering on Russia? I could care less who wins or loses.

Gee I not only wish the leaders of the other big NATO members spoke like that, I also wish on the occasion that they speak half that strong they had staffs that didn't "walk back" their passion.

My bet anyone working for her that tried that crap would be booted soccer style right out the door.

I do not want to be married to her

So P has Ukraine attacking on 5 fronts with 200K reserves, in addition to the 200K already active? Seriousaly?
True
Let us hope they don't dissipate their forces, and stick to no more than two fronts. Although the idea of takin Belgorad as a bargaining chip has its appeal, most likely because no one would expect it and it likely wouldn't be a great problem.
WW3 with Ukrainian troops on Russian soil.
How would Putin react?

why do people need to suggest anybody not cheering on Ukraine is cheering on Russia? I could care less who wins or loses.
Well to make it simple & clear-You are a prime time example of a Putin supporter
You would do Tucker proud

I disagree on some points
1 -always need a Neutral country for negotiations
2- IIRC Austrian neutrality was an agreement with the US/West/Russia after WW2
3- Finland-survived next to the Russian Bear -fought wars with Russia
4- Sweden - same as 3 except for proximity -fought wars with Russians - knows them well
5 - Sweden/Finland joining NATO - huge decision for both. But the US/others stepped in with security guarantees. Read that as US guarantees
6- No NATO future procurements of arms from Switzerland
1. We do not need a neutral country, we have a place, called UN
2. It was agreed on that neither Germany nor Japan, should ever have its military operated outside its borders. Besides WWII is history, the USSR does not exist anymore. Russia is not the USSR
3. Finland used the time after WWII, to be either in the West, or be Russia's buddy, same for Sweden, always dancing around. If Germany was bad, than those 2 countries, were the worst. Counting on the NATO umbrella. When they found out what that means, no NATO troops, just what ever weapons NATO could afford, they ran for NATO, what a surprise. They are very welcome, because now the Baltics become a NATO pond and will castrate Kaliningrad.
5. Not a huge decision, pragmatism, NATO prevents you from being attacked, like Ukraine. Nobody trusts US security guarantees. That's why they want NATO.
6. Correct

Why are the YPR's doing?

Sometimes it is good to let your enemy know, what you might do, forces them to react, and you might not do it.

Well to make it simple & clear-You are a prime time example of a Putin supporter
You would do Tucker proud
I do not support Zelensky or Putin. I am telling you what I think. Are you a Zelensky supporter?

1. We do not need a neutral country, we have a place, called UN
Russia IIRC heads the Security Council - 1 April-here April Fools' Day
UN as we know is mostly dysfunctional but is the best we have
1 always needs a neutral go between.
This war ends with negotiations
2. It was agreed on that neither Germany nor Japan, should ever have its military operated outside its borders. Besides WWII is history, the USSR does not exist anymore. Russia is not the USSR
No idea about Germany, citation, comparing Japan / Germany? I stated this was an agreement ref Austria. Precedence rules in this
3. Finland used the time after WWII, to be either in the West, or be Russia's buddy, same for Sweden, always dancing around.
Hard to fault their dancing, when the wall fell & Germany saw Russia pulled away from their borders, Germany was safer from the Russian threat
If Germany was bad, than those 2 countries, were the worst. Counting on the NATO umbrella. When they found out what that means, no NATO troops, just what ever weapons NATO could afford, they ran for NATO, what a surprise.
They jumped at the right time, little discussion, why condemn them?
They are very welcome, because now the Baltics become a NATO pond and will castrate Kaliningrad.
Yes they are
5. Not a huge decision, pragmatism, NATO prevents you from being attacked, like Ukraine. Nobody trusts US security guarantees. That's why they want NATO.
No one trusts the US I get from the Trump effect, but if it were not for Biden's leadership and US arms shipments, Ukraine would be Russian
Germany being the largest economy could not fill that hole. Fact is, the rest of NATO could not fill that hole.
Shit on the US but best accept the reality of their lethal/economic aid

6. Correct

Back
Top Bottom