• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

?
What do you mean?

Of course its entirely possible.
No it aint.
The Russian nuclear thread did not work. Nobody in the West was impressed.
But it needed a Russian response. What did they do blow up 4 obsolete pipelines, they own and they did that in Danish waters and Swedish waters.
What are they saying, no nukes, but we can destroy you infrastructure any time. In the Baltics, in the North Sea or the Meds.
In the Baltics they even control the valves. If they open the valves, then what?

Those dam Krauts, no guts and they do not support the Ukraine. Nuke them and all the gas they get from Russia.
State captured bastards. Nuke them.
I get the frustration you and others have

No it aint.
But it needed a Russian response. What did they do blow up 4 obsolete pipelines, they own and they did that in Danish waters and Swedish waters.
What are they saying, no nukes, but we can destroy you infrastructure any time. In the Baltics, in the North Sea or the Meds.
In the Baltics they even control the valves. If they open the valves, then what?
And how easy it is to disrupt energy facilities, pipelines in Europe

I was thinking of Trumps finances. How he got there
Read that. Their Capital attack work was good as well. A NYT subscription is worth every penny.

Meduza, a Russian news source based in Latvia, interviews Russian combat vets about chances of new recruits.

Not sure the authenticity of it but the article is an interesting read.
They interview a few Russian that have made it back from Ukraine, one of them served with the Wagner group.

It seems very consistent with other articles about or by the disillusioned. In some ways it is heartening, that there are those that in spite of their ideological nationalism brainwashing, once there they recognize reality.

Unfortunately, the majority of the Russian people are flat worms (as are many others) , palov's dogs that, in this case, salivate the moment there hear the bell ringing "Nazi"... the all purpose brain dead excuse for mass murder and destruction... the Preacher Putin's call to "get at the devil at any cost".

The part that always stuns me is how resistant people are to give up their illusions when you tell them its a lie, there is no devil, at least when it involves their identity. Children call parents in Russia to tell them what is happening and there isn't any devil in Ukraine, and the Russian parent would rather disown their own child than believe it. The solider who has seen the lies behind the propaganda isn't to be believed by people who are clueless and parochial, still ready to support the war as a just cause.

The state is a god in Russia, and always has been. And when the state tells them the sky is green, and the ocean orange, and that Satan lives next door then by golly it is true.

Last edited:
Many overlook the fact that Germany has/will provide updated tanks/AD/armor/artillery to Poland, Grecce, Slovakia and others to replace Russian kit provided to Ukraine.
Not on a 1 for 1 basis, but these countries just get an added boost to replace old kit, and update their military to NATO standards

The questions are: have they? Will they? and when?

Fiona Hill's interview is very interesting...

She has excellent insight into Putin's personality and his strategy.

Important video that shows how Putin's lies about Ukraine have evolved over the years.

Putin must be dealt with, firmly.

The story behind the following video is really interesting.

Two Ukrainian SU 24s somehow knows there is a "tank" in a thick forest and from extremely low level precisely lays on ordinance and destroy it. The accuracy for an unguided set of bombs, from a very low level, is uncanny.

Go "full screen" on the vid to get the full impact.

No one knows how they did it but speculation is that they are using commercial GPS units strapped on their dash somewhere, and getting exact coordinates from ground forces or a drone.

AND, by the way, eleven of their twelve SU 24s were destroyed very early in the war. So they went to their aircraft junkyards, pulled out old frames, and spare parts and rebuilt their fleet into 12 more, that are still flying.

I keep marveling at their innovative abilities...so different than the Russians.

It is 9:42 PM Pacific Time.

As I write this I wonder what the news from Ukraine (or about Ukraine) will be tomorrow morning. I am sensing that some very serious developments are near, and that in the next few mornings the taking Lyman will be accomplished. What will follow is unknown, but the 10s of thousands of newly conscripted are arriving and while I still believe they can halt Ukraine's offensive gains between now and the end of October, I also believe their slaughter will be inevitable.

Indeed, Russia sent in close to 200,000 troops, from which it lost approximately 40 to 50 percent. This army included conscripts who had completed training but the strong majority were professionals, many with experience in Syria, Chechnya, and and other conflicts.

Today the standing professional Army of Russia is half or less of what it was. Entire Russian "armies" have been destroyed, and their carnage continues. This mob of prior and older conscripts, without any refresher training, and raw conscripts and impressed civilians, will suffer much worse.

The 18 Himars will, I believe, be just the beginning of a new awakening to the the reality that this has never been a limited war in the mind of Putin, it has always been a proxy war since (or before) he invaded Georgia and then Crimea and NATO is his true enemy, not just Ukraine.

There is no off ramp because regardless of what the West does or does not do, Ukraine will never give up the fight. And hopefully neither will we.

We do not know if this will end with a collapse of the Russian army, a coup, or a nuclear event. All that can be said is that Russia will pay even more dearly for their quest for empire and enslavement, and that if eventually the west is willing to setup, train, and provide tanks, western aircraft, and more heavy weapons the Ukrainians can and will wipe the map clean of their enemy.

Till then, the Russians haven't seen anything yet.

I don't like this, every fleeing Russian is one less soldier in Ukraine. I think we should open our borders to them.

I agree. I don't care if he have to put them in refugee camps for "filtration" (as the Russians term it), the point is to give safe haven to hundreds of thousands of potential military conscripts.... make it as easy as possible to get out. If they come with a Z sticker on their car, well I don't mind tossing those back...we want the smart ones and you have to be really dumb to think anyone to would give you refuge with that on your car..

Offer haven, offer incentives to technology folk, engineers, scientists, etc. Drain Russia of talent and bodies... with a loss of working age labor, production will fall.

No it aint.
We'll show the world! We'll blow up our own pipe lines!

Actually to me it looks like Russia wanted to show the world what they can do to pipelines, but blew their own pipeline to not step over the line. Might blow the other country's pipelines if they are losing even worse than they are now and become desperate? Or not?

Last edited:
It is 9:42 PM Pacific Time.

As I write this I wonder what the news from Ukraine (or about Ukraine) will be tomorrow morning. I am sensing that some very serious developments are near, and that in the next few mornings the taking Lyman will be accomplished. What will follow is unknown, but the 10s of thousands of newly conscripted are arriving and while I still believe they can halt Ukraine's offensive gains between now and the end of October, I also believe their slaughter will be inevitable.

Indeed, Russia sent in close to 200,000 troops, from which it lost approximately 40 to 50 percent. This army included conscripts who had completed training but the strong majority were professionals, many with experience in Syria, Chechnya, and and other conflicts.

Today the standing professional Army of Russia is half or less of what it was. Entire Russian "armies" have been destroyed, and their carnage continues. This mob of prior and older conscripts, without any refresher training, and raw conscripts and impressed civilians, will suffer much worse.

The 18 Himars will, I believe, be just the beginning of a new awakening to the the reality that this has never been a limited war in the mind of Putin, it has always been a proxy war since (or before) he invaded Georgia and then Crimea and NATO is his true enemy, not just Ukraine.

There is no off ramp because regardless of what the West does or does not do, Ukraine will never give up the fight. And hopefully neither will we.

We do not know if this will end with a collapse of the Russian army, a coup, or a nuclear event. All that can be said is that Russia will pay even more dearly for their quest for empire and enslavement, and that if eventually the west is willing to setup, train, and provide tanks, western aircraft, and more heavy weapons the Ukrainians can and will wipe the map clean of their enemy.

Till then, the Russians haven't seen anything yet.

I awoke this morning to the increasingly serious news that Belorussia is "mobilizing" under the euphemism of "testing military capabilities" - this maybe the reason that Americans are being urged to leave Russia immediately. Previously I discounted the concern because there was no upside for Belorussia. There still is not but it may be that Putin issued an ultimatum to Lukashenko to do it or be liquidated by FSB agents.

(Other news is more of what I expected, if the Russian's aren't lying again, the 20K of new cannon fodder will replace Russian troops in Belorussia so the troops can redeploy to Ukraine.)

Anyway if some sources are correct, Lukashenko promised to launch an attack on Ukraine between November and February.

The mood is that this time it is likely real, but while it would impinge on Ukraine's further offenses it will also risk insurrection in Belorussia. Moreover, an attack in the dead winter likely confined to the few roads that cross the borders would end in a slaughter against the experienced Ukrainians.

Now I fully get why 18 HIMARS are being sent "unexpectedly".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom