• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

Do you think Putin would really comply to a no fly zone? And from what I have seen, what little control Russia may have had over the skies is dwindling. I read 10 Russia MIGS were downed in the recent offensive. That's a big loss if true!
I don't know. He has casually threatened nukes. NATO should casually interdict every missile and as much rocket artillery as possible.

...until special operation over.
Mr. tough guy might not be so tough if they all rushed him. And the fact that he isn't at the war front tells me he's probably a flunky.

If they have lack of discipline now can you imagine how bad it will be when the bullets are flying, the rockets are coming in, and they see tanks bearing down on them. They are focked.

Mr. tough guy might not be so tough if they all rushed him. And the fact that he isn't at the war front tells me he's probably a flunky.
No doubt. These videos keep showing the same sort of incompetent commissar.

But he just told these men they are in until it's over. Wouldn't want to be their officers mid November.

They have!

The image is from a older set of photos of cadets training for a parade some time back. Our local gun club has a "Winter Wars" target shoot. They allow the Mossin-Nagant and the German K-98 Mauser only. They may be modified only in the ways the they may have been modified during the war, no scopes. On the MN the shooters typically blacken the front sight as that gun had a shiny front blade. They hold the contest in the coldest time of the year. You compete as teams.

Man, that one guy in the center foreground, I get a hangover just watching him.......
I think he's just miserable. If he had a hangover he'd be in the back.

The image is from a older set of photos of cadets training for a parade some time back. Our local gun club has a "Winter Wars" target shoot. They allow the Mossin-Nagant and the German K-98 Mauser only. They may be modified only in the ways the they may have been modified during the war, no scopes. On the MN the shooters typically blacken the front sight as that gun had a shiny front blade. They hold the contest in the coldest time of the year. You compete as teams.
Roughly where are you located?

I understand why Putin is doing this, but I find it to be repugnant, parasitically using those people who are least capable of doing anything to oppose him.

Putin keeps trying to do everything on the cheap.

If I were Russian I would be furious at Putin and his conduct.

He isn't out of options, its just that any attempt to take the off ramp after all the blood spilled would end in his "termination". Russia appears to be in some kind of gang warfare, with people of every political view and/or friendship getting bumped. Putin is the only indispensable one to most of the henchmen because no one else has the backing of the sheeple. Sergei Shoigu was once Putin's only popular threat, but the threat was never real. Not only is he tarnished by the failure of the invasion, Russian's will never support an ethnic 'non white' as their nation's leader.

What Russia needs is one of the highest ranking general in Russia to get a spine, to channel Zhukov. After Stalin's death both Khrushchev and Zhukov wanted to end Beria's power. Zhukov made sure that his troops replaced all the normal KGB security, surrounded the capital with his people and military, and arrest Beria.

I also think at a certain point, for ordinary Russians, it makes more sense for them to oppose Putin's regime rather than go along with it. Unfortunately, many more Russians may have to die before this becomes a realistic possibility. But I cannot fathom that they wouldn't understand what's in store for them at this point, and what Putin intends to do. They must know what the future will bring if Putin stays in power.

The Russian revolution is a good example of a regime being overthrown as a result of a long-simmering, populist revolt; and the Russian revolution, in some form, would have occurred as a result of the internal dynamics of Russian society despite which opposition leaders were in place or became prominent.

Did you see the new penalties by Russia for surrendering?
Yes, 10 years. 10 years alive or dead in Ukraine. Not a hard choice
Same was done after WW2, with Russians who had surrendered/captured. Many were punished

Reactions: Bum
This will not end well for the Russians:

Что за свадьба без драки? = what's a wedding without a fight?

Could be a mobilization. Could be another a russian wedding.

Really, who's to say?

russian wedding fights are a YouTube staple, I wrote, surprising no one ever.

Last edited:

...until special operation over.

These men are clearly not happy with being mobilized, angry yelling back and forth with the arsehole lecturing to them. I note that the guy ordering the crowd to accept their fate still referred to this as a "special operation" and that these conscripts will serve until the war is over...however long that will be.

One point: the arsehole forgot to mention that for the 50 percent of them that will soon be dead, maimed, or disabled, they will be brought back early, free of charge, including free coffins, litters, and wheelchairs.

One point: the arsehole forgot to mention that for the 50 percent of them that will soon be dead, maimed, or disabled, they will be brought back early, free of charge, including free coffins, litters, and wheelchairs
I remember early in the war there were mobile crematoria captured from the Russians. There was also a problem with Russia not accepting railroad train cars filled with their dead. Did that ever get worked out or is Ukraine just digging trenches and spreading sunflower seeds?

These men are clearly not happy with being mobilized, angry yelling back and forth with the arsehole lecturing to them. I note that the guy ordering the crowd to accept their fate still referred to this as a "special operation" and that these conscripts will serve until the war is over...however long that will be.

One point: the arsehole forgot to mention that for the 50 percent of them that will soon be dead, maimed, or disabled, they will be brought back early, free of charge, including free coffins, litters, and wheelchairs.
Yeah, that's the thing that stuck out for me from his litany: you military right now, combat bennies, war pay, veteran status, also you stay until operation over. IIRC, that's in Yakutsk, almost 9000 km from Kyiv.

Those men will become mud all of Eurasia away from home. Their mothers will outlive them. Their wives will have a piece of paper and a cheap tin medal to put in the earth.

I remember early in the war there were mobile crematoria captured from the Russians. There was also a problem with Russia not accepting railroad train cars filled with their dead. Did that ever get worked out or is Ukraine just digging trenches and spreading sunflower seeds?

As I understand it, the 8,000 or so Russian dead are stored in meat packing plant freezers or cold storage.

Too bad there isn't a way drop them by parachute over Moscow. Would 8,000 chutes of their dead sink in for the Muskovites?

Back
Top Bottom