• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

Conversely how adequate will the weapons and support be for the Russian draftees and how extensive will their training be? From all I'm hearing this will be cluster*uck for them. I don't side with the Russians, but I do feel sorry for these guys in a way. What a mess thanks to some egocentric ***hole.

OTOH here's hoping it's such a cluster**** that Ukraine with western support can end this soon.

I feel a helluva' lot sorrier for the Ukrainians.

There ya' go! How many of us have proclaimed this from the very get-go?

An army of a million men is worth nothing, if they have not one bullet amongst them!
You know that reminds me of what my dad told me once. He was in a remote Special Forces camp in Vietnam where they were down to the bare minimum of ammo due to something about congress hadn't allocated the funds or something. He says if Charlie would have known that they wouldn't have lasted very long.

I feel a helluva' lot sorrier for the Ukrainians.
I do too but there's something about leading people to slaughter to save your own ass that rubs me the wrong way. Especially people that don't want to be there and aren't fighting for anything worthwhile.

The brain drain (and laborer drain) of all of these guys leaving the economy is going to affect Russia in a bad way. These guys are just fodder. They are not going to fight hard, there are going to be a lot of people deserting and a hell of a lot of them are going to die.

And who is going to do their jobs in the Russian economy?

Putin can only keep the public quelled for so long before they really rebel.

Add in the fact that Putin is crazier than a shithouse rat at this point...

And from what I can see of RU technological capabilities, it doesn't sound like there's excess much brain capacity to start with.

Last edited:
You know that reminds me of what my dad told me once. He was in a remote Special Forces camp in Vietnam where they were down to the bare minimum of ammo due to something about congress hadn't allocated the funds or something. He says if Charlie would have known that they wouldn't have lasted very long.

Someone in this thread once posted something to the effect:

"Military amateurs talk of tactics & strategy, professionals speak of logistics & supply chains"

Great stuff! (y)

Last edited:
I do too but there's something about leading people to slaughter to save your own ass that rubs me the wrong way. Especially people that don't want to be there and aren't fighting for anything worthwhile.

Yeah, mine was a cheeky comment. I get your point, and can empathize too a point. Let's face it, conscription in RU is a pretty horrendously forced, and the battlefield conditions will be even worse.

How cooperative are Belarusian security forces with Russia? I've heard there is a mix?
Russia also attacked from Belarus. But public support is against the war in Ukraine
If Belarus joined the war, which I doubt, there would be a coup

The Russians appear to be engaging in a mobilization strategy that involves ethnically cleansing their own population by sending minority ethnic groups to die in Ukraine.

Like i said somewhere here yesterday: Putzin wants a way to get rid of some undesirables and this is his solution.

And from what I can see of RU technological capabilities, it doesn't sound like there's much brain capacity to start with.
When over 20,000 jews recently exited Russia to Israel in fear that probably didn't help either.

Jews tend to be better educated than average and well represented in academia and science.

Hitler shot himself in the foot that way too. Afterall the U.S. got Einstein! (y)

Yeah, mine was a cheeky comment. I get your point, and can empathize too a point. Let's face it, conscription in RU is a pretty horrendously forced, and the battlefield conditions will be even worse.
But you can bet the well connected and wealthy will find a way to keep their kids out of it. The U.S. Vietnam draft was a good example. A expatriate Russian in Canada told me it's very common in Russia.

But you can bet the well connected and wealthy will find a way to keep their kids out of it. The U.S. Vietnam draft was a good example. A expatriate Russian in Canada told me it's very common in Russia.
Been around since rich & powerful people

If true, it will be massive

Back
Top Bottom