• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

HIMARSes are indestructible?
I don't play gotcha but maybe this time I'll make an exception but only because it's you. ;)

So yeah, you'd have to quote me on that which of course -- going OTT as you PutinRowers do all the time -- you can't.

Your post is anyway a presumptive declaratory and accusatory statement that is badly disguised as some sort of interrogatory cause it isn't one to begin with. So instead of it being a you win, I lose post, it is in fact you lose and I win. OTT, yep. Flat out silly besides.

For Putin's ass licker's.
Is this a military target?

What soldiers have to go through. The picture below says it all. It doesnt matter what side he is on.

1659752293536.png

Japan doesnt have much of a military (?) that may be changing. India commissions it's first carrier later this year.

NATO expansion ( remember the chess analogy) is by definition a switch from a defensive posture to aggressive.
US Naval War College assesses the Japan Sea Self Defense Force as the best Navy in Asia, to include of course CCP-PRC and Russia. CCP-PRC Navy has greater tonnage but then so does an elephant against a cougar. Japan Sea SDF have considerably better commanders, its sailors are better going in to it and once trained; JSSDF trains at sea much more than does the PLA Navy. And while the island nation of Japan is oriented to the sea, the China Navy never was more than a riverboat Navy; PLAN rarely ventures anywhere that at-sea replenishment is needed.

In the Global Firepower evaluation for 2022 Japan is ranked 5 of 142 out of the countries considered for the annual GFP review. It holds a PwrIndx* score of 0.1195 (a score of 0.0000 is considered 'perfect'). This entry is last updated on 05/02/2022.

As to your delusional chess "analogy" I do remember saying Putin never played chess against anyone he couldn't put in jail. And that you really don't play chess per se, ie, you too play by the Putin Rules.

Japan doesnt have much of a military (?) that may be changing. India commissions it's first carrier later this year.
India is valuable if we can make the Quad more then just a paper alliance
Aukus pact (US/Aust/UK) along with US bilateral security pact with various littoral states all mean China doesn't get a free ride
in the Indo-Pacific; but when crunch time come I wonder if we'll be so gung ho defending Taiwan as we are with dispatching Russia

NATO expansion ( remember the chess analogy) is by definition a switch from a defensive posture to aggressive

we never had to expand NATO. all members involved with Gorbachev negotiations realized this and assured Gorby
we had no designs on Russian redlines. we blew right past that, and even when it was crunch time with Russia massing on Uk borderand asking us to take it's redlines seriously - well you know we told Russia to **** off.and then act like "why is Russia so aggressive?

Thank you for this rare burst of self-doubt--(?)--about your own bullshit.

You simply didn't know whether what you said was true and you admitted it.

Hooray!

Please adopt the (?).

As to your delusional chess "analogy" I do remember saying Putin never played chess against anyone he couldn't put in jail. And that you really don't play chess per se, ie, you too play by the Putin Rules.

(y)

Thank you for this rare burst of self-doubt--(?)--about your own bullshit.

You simply didn't know whether what you said was true and you admitted it.

Hooray!

Please adopt the (?).
consider it done - i can put it in my sig(?) Of course I'm full of bullshit - you be full of bullshit too. we all be bullshitting.
you have to make strong case for your posts that convey ideas. Sometimes impolite happens with the bullshitting as well

While better than nothing, its really the same old story with the Biden administration. For three months Ukraine supporters have waited for an opportunity to push the Russians out, to turn the war distinctly in their favor. For almost as many months military observers and intelligence agencies have predicted aa moment to strike, when Russian forces are battered and exhausted, before they can replenish their substantial losses. And yet, when that moment arrived once more the administration pulls back and saves Putin from being severely punished.

When most needed to exploit Russia's weakness, the talk of more HIMARS or M270s or anything else suddenly dies. The administration has admitted that it could easily supply up to 16 more without consideration of its effect on inventory, and with over a 1000 M270s produced there isn't close to a shortage of those yet...yet...another untimely obstruction by the Biden cadre.

When I first noticed this behavior, a friend of mine was certain this could only be explained by Biden's festering hostility over Hunter's troubles and/or by his desire to save his failing negotiations with Iran by not alienating Putin so much as to scuttle them.

That seemed to be a rather cynical view to me, and I told him that one should not attribute to malice that which may be more easily explained as a case of political stupidity. For many weeks I held out the prospect that these inexplicable and timely sabotages of Ukraine by the administration were more of a product of Biden's growing senility and lack of grasp, or bad advisors, than anything else.

Yet, now one can almost believe that Biden and/or his staff are more than useful idiots, more like Putin's agents of influence to cripple and slow decisive aide to Ukraine. From the outset many of them have publicly roared like lions, only to secretly decide as a 'no we can't to that' lobby. How is it they constantly finding reasons not to facilitate the transfer of planes (which has proceeded without them by other allies), resisted sending heavy weapons, and refused strategic missiles to eliminate Russian supply hubs and rail lines?

This can no longer be excused or explained by innocent dumbness. The can be no excuse for a nation with 550 HIMARS and over 1000 M270s that a paltry 16 launchers is our "best effort". That is shameful bull excrement.

This is not the result of some innocent act of incompetence, its an unspoken administration policy designed to keep Ukraine bleeding. It's goal is now clear: Putin and Russia cannot have its ego damaged, Putin and Russia shouldn't suffer as Ukraine has suffered, Putin and Russia must be given some major territorial gifts and we must provide a fragile peace that Putin may exploit later.

Thankfully, those of us who support Ukraine are catching on:

The Hill
The Hill

"Mr. President, take the winning shot in Ukraine already​

Opinion by Jonathan Sweet and Mark Toth, Opinion Contributor - Wednesday​
Russian President Vladimir Putin and his military forces in Donbas and Kherson are running on empty, and the Biden administration once again has entangled itself in escalation paralysis, unwilling to seize the initiative needed to deliver a knockout blow to Russian troops in Ukraine. Seemingly fearful of forcing the Kremlin into a decisive endgame, President Biden is playing for a European football-style of a tie: win if you can, but primarily focus on not losing. That kind of “wait and see” approach can work in a soccer match given a hard time limit; however, in Ukraine where there is no clock, it could be a recipe for turning the conflict into a “forever war.”​

yep. he offers you a poisoned pawn that you cant refuse

Looks like something out of the Kursk offensive...I couldn't imagine Ukraine massing so many armored units in one convoy.

You post here has nothing to do with the claim that nobody knew the world war started when Germany invaded Poland. Obviously the UK and France and frankly the rest of the world knew it. Prior to invading Poland, Germany took land from France and Czechoslovakia and forced a union with Austria. This current war in Ukraine has nothing in common with WW2.
Prior to invading Poland, Germany forced the Anschluss with Austria (Hitler's own country) and took part of Czechoslovakia's land (the Sudetenland) by dint of the Munich Conference. It did not take any French land.

The point of my post was that declarations of war moved slowly. You missed that.

Looks like something out of the Kursk offensive...I couldn't imagine Ukraine massing so many armored units in one convoy.

Excellent video thx as I counted 13 of the suckers that I could see, or three platoons plus the command tank. That's one company of 'em. (In US and depending on the outfitting of the tank and training, some are called troop and others called company.) That's what I could see, yeah.

That's a lot of fire and maneuver flexibility, strength and power. With that number of tanks you've got other tanks covering your arse too, mutually, so survivability is increased exponentially. I'd like to have seen some Infantry Fighting Vehicles yet the tank company could be meeting up with some at some point up ahead.

battle-of-easting-73-tank-battle-741x463.jpg

Got 'em between the eyes we did. Methinks the turret came down in Saudi Arabia.

Recall that in the 1991 Gulf War then Captain H.R. McMaster with his Eagle Troop of a 9 tank advance force (of 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment) blew away in furious rapid firing 50 Iraqi Republican Guard tanks, 40 trucks, and 25 armored personnel carriers -- without taking any losses. Rather breathtaking to say the least, especially given Eagle Troop rolled through an antipersonnel minefield that McMaster said later "tickled" the tanks underbelly without exploding, as he knew would be the case. It was the historic Battle of Easting 23 (desert map coordinates) and is in the books as the last great tank engagement of the 20th century. McMaster had 13 IFV in support but that don't have the volume of ammo nor the muscle of tank ammo. I call it a shooting gallery myself but then again I wasn't there busting my chops. UAF aren't Americans of course yet with US trainers in Ukraine since 2014 UAF is looking good. Damn good.

Last edited:
Prior to invading Poland, Germany forced the Anschluss with Austria (Hitler's own country) and took part of Czechoslovakia's land (the Sudetenland) by dint of the Munich Conference. It did not take any French land.

The point of my post was that declarations of war moved slowly. You missed that.
What is your point about knowing if a big war was starting with the invasion of Poland? Did, or did not the world understand a greater war in Europe had broken out at the time?

Back
Top Bottom