• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

No, Rheinmetall, KM, MTU and so on will have their ordering books overflowing full. Production capacity in the US is struggling, too.
The European, Asian and US defense industry will make a lot of money and will run at full capacity for a decade.

Rheinmetal is talking with Ukraine concerning a factory for its Panter ( 4th generation tank).

Thanks!

BASF does a world wide restructuring for cost savings. That will cost 2700 jobs world wide, 700 in Germany. Apparently the 3 German plants are for several reasons not working as cost effective as other. BASF said overregulation was the main reason and the high cost of energy is part of it, on top of it they have overcapacities in Europe. The amonia plant in Antwerpen will be able to cover the EU market handily. One of the plants in Germany is producing a chemical with sales way below expectations and gets closed for that reason.
So, no gloom and doom in Germany. One bonus from the Ukraine war, the refugees are rather well educated and highly motivated to learn and get snatched up by the industry.

No idea what they're into these days, but BASF made some good quality recording tape back in the day.

I don't believe they're trapped, yet. But I'm suspecting we're never going to accurately know the story - at least anytime soon.
I think the Russians are more than happy to have the Ukrainians to attempt to fight within Bakhmut and around Bakhmut. the Russians have expanded the northern salient in the high ground to disrupt the Ukrainian artillery installations. the Russians have taken the time to secure all the recent gains. The Russians are not in a hurry.

I think the Russians are more than happy to have the Ukrainians to attempt to fight within Bakhmut and around Bakhmut. the Russians have expanded the northern salient in the high ground to disrupt the Ukrainian artillery installations. the Russians have taken the time to secure all the recent gains. The Russians are not in a hurry.
Well yeah, over a year now. That is clear as day

The Netherlands has their own natural gas fields, so this does not reflect what is going on in Germany. In addition there was created subsidies for gas companies to fill the national reserves, so this price chart is not really reflective of market pricing. On top of all of that, your chart if it went back further in time would show that the prices umped up in mid 2021.
LOL The Netherlands is a major supplier of gas to Germany and the chart reflects gas prices in the entire E.U. Your lack of knowledge is only surpassed by you lack of unbiased sources. FYI Russia failed more miserably with Putin's plan to freeze out and bankrupt the rest of Europe even worse than his military failures in Ukraine, All his cutting off gas did was make Europe realize they never need to buy fossil fuels from Russia at all... ever. He is doomed. The last thing they want to do is give Putin even one dime to rebuild his military now that is decimated. He needs to stay that way in perpetuity.

RU is going to continue to try to take all of Bakhmut regardless of UKR actions.

But given Bakhmut is a highly political undertaking, I can't see why RU would desire to pay more for it than might otherwise occur in UKR retreat.

LOL The Netherlands is a major supplier of gas to Germany and the chart reflects gas prices in the entire E.U. Your lack of knowledge is only surpassed by you lack of unbiased sources. FYI Russia failed more miserably with Putin's plan to freeze out and bankrupt the rest of Europe even worse than his military failures in Ukraine, All his cutting off gas did was make Europe realize they never need to buy fossil fuels from Russia at all... ever. He is doomed. The last thing they want to do is give Putin even one dime to rebuild his military now that is decimated. He needs to stay that way in perpetuity.
LOL The Netherlands are more concerned this year with filling up their own reserves and not other countries reserves. LOL

It's pronounced Foo-khet. A party city, full of bars, beaches and resorts. Lots of Westerners there.

With a name like that, how could it not be?

Reactions: PoS
the pipeline not delivering cheap NG has hurt the German economy.

Sorry, in April last year, the EU decided to slow if not ban imports of Russian gas as part of sanctions. Germany was one of the prime movers, they knew it would hurt the economy while they tried to find alternative sources. Russia in return started to slow or cut exports to Europe and switch them towards China and India.

Russia exproprating plants, that seems to not be the case at all. the plants have been abandoned by BASF.

Your BASF article is April 22, the plants were expropriated after this slowdown by BASF. My article is dated 2023 - 8 months after your BASF release.

I can remember interest rates in the teens when I was a lot younger.

Bank of England rate was 17.9% at its highest in the UK - 1979 however I think what people could get at the banks was higher. Historically too - our interest rates trickled along between 2 and 5% since the 1850's.

If consumers did not see a gigantic price increase it would only be because the governments are subsidizing the cost.

Prices increased due to high energy costs. The main instigator was Germany seeking to fill her gas reserves ready for winter. Putin's gamble on a cold European winter failed and Europe has not had to pay as much for energy as Putin hoped - it didn't erode support for Ukraine in the way Putin hoped.

The article on Russia's gamble is very good reading even if you ignore all the rest of my links that disprove your argument.

An excerpt below:
"Germany’s reliance on cheap and plentiful supplies of Russian gas was one of three key factors that led President Vladimir Putin to believe that Russia could invade Ukraine and get away with it.
A second factor was the Russian president’s belief that the NATO security alliance would use the same ‘Macbeth Response’ (‘full of sound and fury, signifying nothing’) to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as it did to Russia’s invasion of Georgia in 2008 and to Russia’s invasion of Crimea in 2014.
A third factor was that Putin thought that Russia would be in control of Ukraine within three days of the invasion of 24 February 2022 due to its cutting-edge military capabilities and the broadly welcoming embrace of Ukraine’s inhabitants."

I think the Russians are more than happy to have the Ukrainians to attempt to fight within Bakhmut and around Bakhmut.

It's been the other way around for quite a time. Figures now seem to suggest the kill ratio has dropped from the high numbers of Russian deaths in meat waves but Bakhmut is still a killing ground that Russians keep throwing people into.

The Russians are not in a hurry.

LOL, they've had nearly a year to try and take this town.

No matter what he may have done, or may not have done, in his life and on the battlefield,

My feeling is that he knew he wouldn't be rescued or taken to hospital by the Russian or Wagner forces. Better a quick painless death than a slow lingering death out in sub-zero temperatures.
This is the life for Putin's Mobiks that don't actually want to be there.

Putin's double does get to travel.

Back
Top Bottom