• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

At the moment? Corpse-eating rats are winning the war. The Russians certainly aren't.
Not sure it's just the rats. Notice the abandoned dogs aways running around in the videos? Hmmm... I wonder what they eat when they get hungry enough?

It's war until the Russians leave or win. It's just that simple.

I would prefer that the Russians gain nothing from this war, but lose a great deal. Having their government collapse would be a good start.
including Crimea?

Russia leave Ukraine. Yeah I am good with that.
Ukraine will allow them to retreat to Russian territory.
Ukrainians are not the barbarians in this war
That is not realistic. You want more war.

At the moment? Corpse-eating rats are winning the war. The Russians certainly aren't.

Not yet. Once tanks start arriving in quantity, I imagine that some of them will head that direction. Most, though, will go straight to the Luhansk and Donetz regions.

That was never an objective.

That's an interesting interpretation of events.
Me I see upwards of 150 MBT's in Ukraine by July/Aug
The issue aside from training is maintenance, & replacing losses
We knew early in the war that Ukraine's losses of offensive/defensive weapons would eventually require replacement with NATO kit.

There are enough Leopards to supply Ukraine with the 300 requested.
They could use the same or higher on 155 artillery

We will see much more NATO kit light armor in particular will increase substantially

We saw how Ukraine's offensive in Kherson where all armor/infantry were linked in RT made rapid gains

We will see more of that but on a larger scale with top of the line tanks

Saw the new German tank, it's a beast

Yeah, this "Scholz making the German government look ineffective and indecisive was just 4D chess" just tells me you didn't follow anything related to this subject as it actually developed.

Neither his critics nor his supporters have argued that Scholz really wants to deliver tanks to Ukraine and every action he's taken in the past several weeks has made that abundantly clear, to the point where his domestic opposition is grilling him for it.

There was nothing "organized" about this, and tells me you haven't been following German politics. On Saturday Mützenich was saying that Germany couldn't act "unilaterally", despite the fact that multiple European states were pushing for tanks to be sent. After the Ramstein meeting Scholz and his allies were insisting on Austin's visit having been a re-affirmation of American-Germany unity, only for the US to give to the German press details of their conversation with Pistorious and Chancellery Minister Schmit which demonstrated the opposite; the US was grilling Germany over its failure to provide tanks.

Part of the problem is that the Germans didn't even know what their own position was, and they gave contradictory answers. First the defense minister says "Germany would be part of a concentrated effort by multiple powers to supply tanks to Ukraine", only for the Chancellery to walk back that statement. On sunday Baerbock said that Germany would consent to the export of tanks if officially requested, but then refused to clarify whether that was her opinion or that of the German government.

Scholz has damaged Germany's international reputation with this stunt, and the German defense industry.
I am German, read 4 news outlet and every evening 3 TV news. Telling me that I have no idea about German politics, makes you, who even can't read and speak German, a rather crude joke, don't you think so?

I am German, read 4 news outlet and every evening 3 TV news. Telling me that I have no idea about German politics, makes you, who even can't read and speak German, a rather crude joke, don't you think so?
You guys have no problem taking the piss from us. Turnabout is fair play.

Until it's done, yes. Otherwise, it will just happen again in a year or two.

So until the Russians leave the internationally-recognized boundaries of the Ukraine, more war.
That is not necessarily true. Given what Angela Merkel has said about the Minsk agreement I can understand why people would not see peace as possible. She said in 2022 that the agreement had been "an attempt to give Ukraine time" and that Ukraine used it to strengthen its armed forces.

You guys have no problem taking the piss from us. Turnabout is fair play.
As you might have noticed in this thread, I have stayed rather neutral as possible. Tried to explain German politics concerning this war.
But it is obvious that you guys do not read it, or make no effort to understand it. It is the US way or the high way. I have that point out a few times, too.

I do not live in the twitter world, don't have account for any social media, I get my news from traditional European media, which I can read in 4 languages.

Before I open my stupid mouth I educate myself, which a lot of people do not do. They just love the trash talk they learned on social media.
I am not by any means an expert, but show me where I have been truly wrong, or just ran my mouth of.

As you might have noticed in this thread, I have stayed rather neutral as possible. Tried to explain German politics concerning this war.
But it is obvious that you guys do not read it, or make no effort to understand it. It is the US way or the high way. I have that point out a few times, too.

I do not live in the twitter world, don't have account for any social media, I get my news from traditional European media, which I can read in 4 languages.

Before I open my stupid mouth I educate myself, which a lot of people do not do. They just love the trash talk they learned on social media.
I am not by any means an expert, but show me where I have been truly wrong, or just ran my mouth of.
Welcome to America.

Small country, 36 Leopards, conidering, it will happen, donating 8. Over 20% of their assets
Poland/Germany have IIRC the largest numbers of Leopards in service./ storage

That is not necessarily true. Given what Angela Merkel has said about the Minsk agreement I can understand why people would not see peace as possible. She said in 2022 that the agreement had been "an attempt to give Ukraine time" and that Ukraine used it to strengthen its armed forces.

1. You are totally ignoring Russia's behavior during this time period (for the love of God, Kremlin was responsible for fomenting the civil war to begin with), and

2. When Merkel made this comment she's was talking about an attempt to give Ukraine time against Russia's likely future aggression, in order to protect Ukraine.

1. LOL, nobody trusts Putin's word.

2. Still expects the Ukraine to give up 30% of their land.

Until it's done, yes. Otherwise, it will just happen again in a year or two.

So until the Russians leave the internationally-recognized boundaries of the Ukraine, more war.
If and its a big IF, they regain Crimea, they control the Black Sea - and half of Sea of Azov which either side can close it down.
Black Sea is the big win as Russian naval/air assets are pushed way back

I don't see the west as a bloc supporting retaking Crimea. They can say International Borders till the cows come home, but words are just words
Some would see that as a Russian red line and NATO could fracture on this .

I am German. My mother is a native of Rhineland-Pfalz.

The idea that this was anything other than an embarrassment for Scholz and the German government, not to say German policy, is a rather crude joke.

Back
Top Bottom