• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

No, you're evading. I explained that they wanted the ID, so they could develop their own domestic vaccine, which would be drastically cheaper and give them the wherewithal to develop such vaccines in the future. You're dodging and trying to rebut with something I wasn't talking about.
Happy to discuss this further in a thread on China if you create one in the Asia forum. If your or I create it and quote the other - it's seen as baiting so just send me a private message with a link.
So what you're saying is intellectual property comes first before human lives?
Happy to discuss this further in a thread on China if you create one in the Asia forum. If your or I create it and quote the other - it's seen as baiting so just send me a private message with a link.
Do you also support the temporary lift of intellectual property rights which would allow the vaccine to be produced by others, which the big pharmaceuticals and wealthy countries like the US opposed?
Could we stick to the OP.
Thanks.

Apologies.

Apologies.
Happens to all of us

Either the partisans have been busy or some Russian clod took a smoke break too close to an ammo shed again.
You know, it is really important to train these new troops about cigarette discipline.

You know, it is really important to train these new troops about cigarette discipline.
"Comrades, it very important to know that Comrade Cigarette and Comrades Explosives and Ammunition are nyet friends."

Pressure on oligarchs had already been building before Russia’s invasion, with a “de-oligarchization” law promoted by Zelensky that took effect this year. The law places limits on the political activity of super-rich individuals who meet certain criteria, including those who have major holdings in television and other media to press their financial interests and political agenda. The Zelensky government is also crafting antitrust measures to crack down on monopolies controlled by oligarchs in areas from coal mining to electricity to railroads.
“The system was so strong and well institutionalized that it was quite difficult to break, but we will do everything we can to make sure it never recovers,” said Rostyslav Shurma, a close economic aide to Zelensky who previously worked for many years as a top executive in Akhmetov’s steel company, Metinvest.

Quote from Reznikov: "Thanks to this, the procedures for allowing military equipment to operate in the Armed Forces were significantly simplified. This has already had a significant effect, primarily in the field of UAVs.

Previously, the Army accepted one to two UAV samples for operation per year. As a comparison: over the past 30 days, 7 samples of Ukrainian-made UAVs have been approved for operation in the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

Ukrainian offensives in Kharkiv in September and Kherson last month have put Russia on the defensive along vast front lines. The exception is Bakhmut, along with Avdiivka to the south. Virtually all of Russia’s remaining offensive power—which is not much—has been thrown at the town since August. That was originally because it anchors the southern end of a defensive line shielding the bigger cities of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk. But the attacks now seem to be animated more by stubbornness than strategy. Even before the war, the town’s population was not much over 70,000.

The offensive has been led by the Wagner Group, a mercenary outfit, and supported by air power, copious artillery and waves of hapless infantry, reinforced in recent weeks by troops withdrawn from Kherson and by newly mobilised men. The regular army fights during the day. Wagner units, better funded and equipped with the latest tanks, come out at night. Elite airborne forces have joined in. For all that, the front lines have hardly budged.

"Comrades, it very important to know that Comrade Cigarette and Comrades Explosives and Ammunition are nyet friends."
But Comrade Picupandropov, if we were to get them to do shots of wodka together, then they could be friends, dah?

putin admits to war crimes

by admitting the obvious--that russia is intentionally targeting civilian infrastructure.

Then he asks, "But who started it?" to which the world answers in unison, while no one in russia can honestly join in the chorus--"Uh, russia did? Dozens upon dozens of times over?"--without threat of imprisonment and/or designation as инностранным агентом--literally, foreign agents, i.e., spies.

If the current Nobel Peace Prize winner succeeds in her goal of creating an international tribunal capable of handling the thousands upon thousands of russian war criminals, this on-air admission by putin will help with the case against him.

If he somehow manages to survive that long.

Has a country ever created and celebrated a holiday based upon the death of an enemy country's leader?

Because "Happy putin Death Day" has a nice ring to it.

Either the partisans have been busy or some Russian clod took a smoke break too close to an ammo shed again.
Or it's more of these homemade heavy lifter drones the Ukrainians are making. Supposedly - and this is not yet confirmed - the strikes on the airfields and at Kursk were not conducted with old repurposed SWIFT units, but with something that is being made by a collection of civilian Ukrainian interests.

EDIT: It's confirmed.

This has been in the news in Germany for over a week now. A somewhat hot topic, because it would involve Poland again.
There is the problem. Poland refused that the Bundeswehr could service PzH and other weapons in Poland. Then add the kindergarten about the Patriots. Now Poland wants them again, but under the condition, that they would be under polish command and not NATO. That does not fly
Some people including this lady have the fantasy, that Leo2s could be easily serviced in Poland since they have a lot of them. But by whom and who would pay for it.
Considering how difficult the relationship between Poland and Germany is, I do not think that this will happen, its just not feasible, in the near future.
One just has to look at the cluster fook Poland has created around the Patriots, PzH and so on.
Poland just has to quit being an asshole.

This has been puzzling me, because Bakhmut in it's current condition is absolutely useless. Even Mariopol could be used as a port with a bit of work. Bakhmut hasn't got an intact roof in the entire city.

The Russians have thrown away something like 20,000 troops to take a rubble field.
I think it represents the power struggle going on and this useless town manifests it. Russian Army against Wagner, who plants the flag.

This has been puzzling me, because Bakhmut in it's current condition is absolutely useless. Even Mariopol could be used as a port with a bit of work. Bakhmut hasn't got an intact roof in the entire city.

The Russians have thrown away something like 20,000 troops to take a rubble field.
Hitler and Moscow comes to mind. Smaller scale but the mindset

Back
Top Bottom