• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2270] Does a Gun Make Your Home Safer?

It's been illegal to carry knives, in the UK, for some time now.

Are you saying the UK's murder rate is higher than than of the USA ?

How do the number of mass shootings match up ?
Did the UK ban knives because they believe they are responsible for murders?

Where have I brought up the legality, in the USA, of semi-auto rifles ?
What, then, is the purpose of repeating "They're popular in a lot of mass shootings though" in a gun control forum?

What, then, is the purpose of repeating "They're popular in a lot of mass shootings though" in a gun control forum?
the mass shooting mantra is designed to allow gun banners to avoid the following problems with gun control as a solution to crime control

1) 80% or more of gunshot murders are perpetrated by felons who cannot own guns-many who don't YET have records are juveniles whose records are not searchable

2) many gunshot murders are perpetrated by minorities living in Democrat run cities, that have democrat passed gun laws

mass shootings more often involve white males than most killings involving guns-many of whom don't have records so the gun banners try to amplify the seriousness of these shootings (mass shooting involving gangbangers are almost never reported btw). So gun banners can point to these shootings as evidence that gun bans need to be imposed on law abiding people before they can execute mass shootings

Because they are

Please explain why you think, it was suggested that impacts on their "legality".

Because they are

Please explain how that impacts on their "legality".
bannerrhoids are targeting those rifles for banning and when we point out handguns (which are constitutionally protected without a doubt) are used in 40Xmore murders, the bannerrhoids whine about "mass shootings"

bannerrhoids are targeting those rifles for banning and when we point out handguns (which are constitutionally protected without a doubt) are used in 40Xmore murders, the bannerrhoids whine about "mass shootings"

True, but I'd be surprised if the GC lobby can get a ban on semi-auto's passed let alone past the SC.

I absolutely agree with the "ounce of prevention" suggestions of conducting a security assessment here on your house and spending the money that would've been earmarked for a firearm on stuff that makes it harder for baddies to get in your house in the first place.

Then, I'd start looking for local firing ranges with firearm safety courses and seeing how you feel after some instruction and a long discussion with the spouse.

The simple truth of the matter is that if the threats are prevalent in your neighborhood, it is evidenced by the bars on the windows and doors installed by your neighbors.

Here in Indianapolis, there are entire neighborhoods with "hardened" target looks about them.

In my neighborhood, not so much.

If the bad guy wants to get in, breaking the window is probably his best bet.

The simple truth of the matter is that if the threats are prevalent in your neighborhood, it is evidenced by the bars on the windows and doors installed by your neighbors.

Here in Indianapolis, there are entire neighborhoods with "hardened" target looks about them.

In my neighborhood, not so much.

If the bad guy wants to get in, breaking the window is probably his best bet.

Then get double or triple glazing.

So, when you say "fix people" do you mean before or after those "agencied" people shoot someone ?
Of course. Who pulls the trigger shoots the gun.

What is that cap on the end? Is that for a suppressor?
Looks like a thread protector. The barrel appears to be threaded for accessories such as a flash hider or moderator.

Back
Top Bottom