• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:225]LA Bars and Restaurants Begin Turning Away Unvaccinated Customers

It would be great if you were to bother to list those.
Try starting with the one that killed 675,000 Americans AND about 28% of the population of 105 million became infected and gravely ill.
And that was before international air travel existed.

Are you talking about the Spanish Flu? Yeah, it was bad, and eventually it burned out naturally. Life went on, right?
All these doctors, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists and all those researchers at NIH and CDC...they keep saying that COVID is dangerous.
But all these people who barely graduated high school keep saying it's not.
It's just so hard to know who to believe anymore.

Where are all of these Republicans and conservatives who have said the virus isn't real, or can't harm you? I haven't met one yet, and conservatives are all the people I know.

I don't care what some loon says, whether they are Republican or Democrat. Last year when this thing kicked off and the Trump administraion was shutting down travel, it was Pelosi, Shummer, and other democrats out claiming the administration was overreacting. Have you forgotten that? Or when Harris said she would refuse to take any vaccine that the Trump administration was telling people was safe to take. Did you forget that too?

Are you talking about the Spanish Flu? Yeah, it was bad, and eventually it burned out naturally. Life went on, right?

This is such an ignorant and uninformed response. They didn't just do nothing. They did something about it. They didn't just wait for the virus to roll them over.

Also, the public health authorities didn't take shit from the early 1900s version of idiotic, ignorant, and uneducated Trump supporters:

Of course, getting citizens to comply with such orders is another story: In 1918, a San Francisco health officer shot three people when one refused to wear a mandatory face mask. In Arizona, police handed out $10 fines for those caught without the protective gear. But eventually, the most drastic and sweeping measures paid off. After implementing a multitude of strict closures and controls on public gatherings, St. Louis, San Francisco, Milwaukee, and Kansas City responded fastest and most effectively: Interventions there were credited with cutting transmission rates by 30 to 50 percent. New York City, which reacted earliest to the crisis with mandatory quarantines and staggered business hours, experienced the lowest death rate on the Eastern seaboard.

This is such an ignorant and uninformed response. They didn't just do nothing. They did something about it. They didn't just wait for the virus to roll them over.

Also, the public health authorities didn't take shit from the early 1900s version of idiotic, ignorant, and uneducated Trump supporters:

Of course, getting citizens to comply with such orders is another story: In 1918, a San Francisco health officer shot three people when one refused to wear a mandatory face mask. In Arizona, police handed out $10 fines for those caught without the protective gear. But eventually, the most drastic and sweeping measures paid off. After implementing a multitude of strict closures and controls on public gatherings, St. Louis, San Francisco, Milwaukee, and Kansas City responded fastest and most effectively: Interventions there were credited with cutting transmission rates by 30 to 50 percent. New York City, which reacted earliest to the crisis with mandatory quarantines and staggered business hours, experienced the lowest death rate on the Eastern seaboard.

Face masks did NOT end the Spanish flu pandemic. It was herd immunity AFTER infections which ended it.

Even your beloved Dr Fauci early last year was very clear to say that face masks and other measures like hand washing and distance could ONLY flatten and extend the curve, they would NOT stop the vaccine, until either a vaccine was created and then widely used, or herd immunity after infections. Were you not listening to your scientist?

The idea that masks will stop a pandemic is really dumb. Maybe if we all, 100% of the people on the planet, all individually isolated and made zero contact with anyone else, not family or friends, or children, and we all stayed inside, then it would burn out. But then all it would take would be ONE person to have the infection later and spread to two or three, and so forth and so on, and we would right back to infections.

Antibodies after infection, or vaccine, and then at least 70-80% of the herd having that, is how this thing eventually burns out. Masks only flatten the curve, that is all.

Face masks did NOT end the Spanish flu pandemic. It was herd immunity AFTER infections which ended it.

READ THE ARTICLE.

I am not suggesting face masks did not end the pandemic.

I am suggesting the idiotic republican/trump supporter notion of not doing anything...IS STUPID.

READ THE ARTICLE.

I am not suggesting face masks did not end the pandemic.

I am suggesting the idiotic republican/trump supporter notion of not doing anything...IS STUPID.
Why do you insist Trump did nothing? Fast tracking a search for a vaccine, and streamlining that process through setting aside all the red tape, surely got the ball rolling. Trump didn't do all that by himself, but by just before the election last year we had two very good vaccines a year sooner than earlier predicted.

There are several reasons one may not want to be vaccinated. Maybe their doctor advises them to pass. Maybe they object because the FDA has not yet approved these vaccines. Maybe they have the antibodies in their system and don’t need it.

It’s not your place or my place to tell people how to live and what to do.

Worry about yourself. If someone doesn’t get vaccinated, for whatever reason it’s not your problem.
There are limited reasons a doctor would advise people to skip the vaccination. I imagine that those would be medical reasons (unless your doctor is Rand Paul). If you have medical reasons not to get the vaccine I'm not really worried about you going out to bars and restaurants, they'd likely be protecting themselves. I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried that the economy won't fully reopen, I'm worried that Covid will be with us for years because of these unvaccinated knuckleheads, I'm worried that this will allow mutations that skirt the vaccines already developed.

Don't be so selfish, you should be concerned about your community.

There are limited reasons a doctor would advise people to skip the vaccination. I imagine that those would be medical reasons (unless your doctor is Rand Paul). If you have medical reasons not to get the vaccine I'm not really worried about you going out to bars and restaurants, they'd likely be protecting themselves. I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried that the economy won't fully reopen, I'm worried that Covid will be with us for years because of these unvaccinated knuckleheads, I'm worried that this will allow mutations that skirt the vaccines already developed.

Don't be so selfish, you should be concerned about your community.
There are legit reasons people may not want to take the the vaccine. None of them are any of your business.

There are legit reasons people may not want to take the the vaccine. None of them are any of your business.
Outside of the underlying condition that creates a medical exemption, private organizations will have every right to ask you why you're not vaccinated. I'm hoping for full authorization from the FDA in September, and an under 12 vaccine by January.

Outside of the underlying condition that creates a medical exemption, private organizations will have every right to ask you why you're not vaccinated. I'm hoping for full authorization from the FDA in September, and an under 12 vaccine by January.
Someone’s status is none of your business. Period.

Someone’s status is none of your business. Period.
It is, when your own health and safty (or the health and safety of your staff and customers) is at stake.

Right now some folks are just grumbling, but not even five months ago tensions were running high.
NorCal up by Southern Oregon, parts of Central Cal, parts of Orange and Riverside Counties, anti-vaxxers were getting mighty testy and Trumpy groups were experimenting with "Store Invasions" where they were running around screaming at people to take off their masks, and coughing and spitting on shoppers.
I briefly experimented with concealed carry and just was not of the mind to deal with having to be constantly hyper-vigilant, and so I gave up and just stayed home as much as possible and waited for the kooks to settle down.

Right now things are not hysterical, just GRIM...really GRIM.
No telling which way the mood is going to go right now...I am just not cut out to be Mr. CC, as much as I'd like to be, it's too nervewracking.
Sooner or later the red hats will start pulling their guns out over this.

Sooner...they already are.
Spectacular instances of GUN PLAY haven't begun in earnest yet but the MAGAts are indeed becoming quite agitated and violent.
It's just a matter of time before they begin shooting people.

Actually a private organization can just create a rule which says one must be vaccinated to enter their establishment. Why you are or aren't is none of their business either.

It is, when your own health and safty (or the health and safety of your staff and customers) is at stake.
Why is the status of others your business? Go get your vaccination and you’ll be fine, right?

If a privately owned business wants to an non vaccinated customers. Fine. Still it’s none of your personal business.
Relax. It’s only a red cap.

Why is the status of others your business? Go get your vaccination and you’ll be fine, right?

If a privately owned business wants to an non vaccinated customers. Fine. Still it’s none of your personal business.

Relax. It’s only a red cap.
Of course, it's not the red cap that's the problem. It's the mentality of the person wearing it, and waving a gun.

And, as for the status of vaccine, it drastically reduces the risk, but does not make it zero. This is particularly true of people who have compromised immune systems, or take medicines that raise the risk of infections.

Of course, it's not the red cap that's the problem. It's the mentality of the person wearing it, and waving a gun. You’re facing a greater threat from deranged liberals.

And, as for the status of vaccine, it drastically reduces the risk, but does not make it zero. This is particularly true of people who have compromised immune systems, or take medicines that raise the risk of infections.
Yep everyone wearing a red cap is a crazy racist waving gun.

I don’t know why do many people think the private and personal business of others is their concern. If someone decides that that they don’t want to get vaccinated for whatever reason, I don’t care. It’s one of my business.

A private business can make their own rules. That too is not my concern. I can choose to abide by their rules or take my business elsewhere. That’s where my or your business starts and ends.

Yep everyone wearing a red cap is a crazy racist waving gun.

I don’t know why do many people think the private and personal business of others is their concern. If someone decides that that they don’t want to get vaccinated for whatever reason, I don’t care. It’s one of my business.
I don't care what people think . I care about their actions. And, not getting vaccinated is an actioln that can affect people who are my friends and who are my family.

I don't care what people think . I care about their actions. And, not getting vaccinated is an actioln that can affect people who are my friends and who are my family.
It won’t effect your friends and family it they get vaccinated.

Mind your own effing business. I also don’t care what people think until they start thinking that they can get in my personal business.

A private business can make their own rules. That too is not my concern. I can choose to abide by their rules or take my business elsewhere. That’s where my or your business starts and ends.
And, considering that they have those rules, I am sure they will be happy to protect their employees and their paying customers.

Back
Top Bottom