• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:225]LA Bars and Restaurants Begin Turning Away Unvaccinated Customers

so how do people after they've been vaccinated test positive for COVID-19?

Reality doesn't seem to agree with your opinion on how vaccines work.
I explained how vaccines work, and repeated it. The answer to your question is addressed in my response. You don't have the courtesy to even quote that response or address any of the points made. If you have a problem with my explanation tell me where I went wrong, specifically, and cite your source. Again:

"If the vaccine is effective, as soon as COVID enters my body my immune system recognizes the pathogen and immediately mobilizes to attack and wipe out the pathogen, before the virus is widespread. Hopefully that happens very quickly and I never know I'm infected, but in any case the vaccine generally lessens the severity of any infection, therefore lessening the amount in my 'saliva', therefore reducing the pathogen I expel when I breath, lessening the risk of spread, and vastly shortens the time that I'm sick and contagious. All of that reduces the chance I'll spread COVID unknowingly."

Last edited:
This is not true. You are spreading lies. The mRNA technology is decades in the making. As of today's date, approximately 3 billion doses have been given and approximately 1 billion people have been fully vaccinated. We can be very confident at this point the vaccines based on mRNA technology are very safe.
you be very confident all you wish. The people who would tell us these things have lied to us repeatedly. They have shut their credibility all to hell. And people crying about this vaccine or the same ones that pretended masks worked and social distancing what it doesn't we already know this.

If you want me to place confidence in you you have to earn it

This is not true. You are spreading lies.

Lancet study:

Lancet study - Comparison of the characteristics, morbidity, and mortality of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza: a nationwide, population-based retrospective cohort study
The problem here is the so-called studies which are dishonest are comparing covid-19 to any given flu season.

Compared to a new strain of influenza but spreads as easily as covid 19.

I'm not going to explain herd immunity and viral mutation again. Take a course.

When i was younger, i could smoke at bars. Now i can't because i quit, and they don't allow it any more. Both are smart things. Another smart thing is not letting in COVIDiot anti-vaxers.
I am not an anti vaxer, everyone should get vaccinated, and just like quitting smoking it is the right thing to do. If someone doesn't get vaccinated, then that is ON THEM, same way if someone smokes that is on them. I could care less who is smoking who is not in my personal space, anymore than I could care less who has or does not have a mask in my personal space.

Masks DO NOT get us to herd immunity. Only two ways to get to herd immunity are antibodies protecting people who have already had the virus, or the vaccine. Mask play NO part in herd immunity. They are at this point only a silly placebo, and means to control and/or virtue signal apart from any medical/hospital situation, where actual medical grade respirators are useful.

Statistically false, but whatever. They really don't care what you think. They're out living their lives, while you're tying to tell if your neighbors are smiling behind masks and making sure they brought their vaccination card so they can pick up lunch. Suckers.

If you are unvaccinated against a virus that has thus far killed over 600,000 Americans and left many others with lifelong heart and lung damage, then unfortunately you are the sucker. The approved vaccines are some of the safest, most effective vaccines ever developed for any disease, and they are free. If you are not vaccinated, for your own good you really need to get yourself vaccinated.

If you are unvaccinated against a virus that has thus far killed over 600,000 Americans and left many others with lifelong heart and lung damage, then unfortunately you are the sucker. The approved vaccines are some of the safest, most effective vaccines ever developed for any disease, and they are free. If you are not vaccinated, for your own good you really need to get yourself vaccinated.
What if you're in the demographic that's more likely to die a flu than this? What if you're in the demographic that is likely not to have any lung or heart damage from it? Would that person need to get vaccinated against something that isn't a threat?

I am not an anti vaxer, everyone should get vaccinated, and just like quitting smoking it is the right thing to do. If someone doesn't get vaccinated, then that is ON THEM, same way if someone smokes that is on them. I could care less who is smoking who is not in my personal space, anymore than I could care less who has or does not have a mask in my personal space.

Masks DO NOT get us to herd immunity. Only two ways to get to herd immunity are antibodies protecting people who have already had the virus, or the vaccine. Mask play NO part in herd immunity. They are at this point only a silly placebo, and means to control and/or virtue signal apart from any medical/hospital situation, where actual medical grade respirators are useful.
Masks protect others from you. This has also been explained endlessly.

Masks protect others from you. This has also been explained endlessly.
It hasn't been proven. You can explain something until your mouth falls off, that doesn't make the explanation correct.

The only protection they would provide is that when you cough or sneeze saliva doesn't go directly in front of you it gets forced out the sides anyone who's worn a mask wouldn't know this.

What if you're in the demographic that's more likely to die a flu than this? What if you're in the demographic that is likely not to have any lung or heart damage from it? Would that person need to get vaccinated against something that isn't a threat?

If they care about their family, their friends, their neighbors, their community, their state, and their country, then yes, if that person is not a selfish ignorant asshole, that person would get vaccinated, and it would be a heroic action because that person would be helping everyone else out because that person would be far less likely to spread the highly contagious disease that has already killed approximately 600,000 American citizens.

Delta Variant seem to have awakened the Republican Governor of Alabama... (Finally!!!)

Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.
"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.
Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country, with roughly 33.9% of residents fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Average daily Covid-19 cases in Alabama are nearly double what they were a week ago, and more than four times higher than they were two weeks ago.

If they care about their family, their friends, their neighbors, their community, their state, and their country, then yes, if that person is not a selfish ignorant asshole, that person would get vaccinated, and it would be a heroic action because that person would be helping everyone else out because that person would be far less likely to spread the highly contagious disease that has already killed approximately 600,000 American citizens.
Actually getting the vaccine doesn't stop you from carrying the virus or transmitting the virus.

Masks are not about completely eliminating the chances a person will become infected or the chances someone else will become infecting.

Masks are about reducing the overall rate of the community spread of the disease because the Covid-19 virus is spread through contact with bodily fluids secreted from the respiratory system (coughing, sneezing, saliva, etc.)

Reducing the rate of the spread of a virus is an essential part of any response to any pandemic. It allows a society, as a whole, to respond more effectively to a danger that has the capacity to grow at an exponential rate.

I know it's incredibly difficult for Trump supporters to look at contagious diseases this way because Trump supporters, for the most part, are selfish assholes, who don't care about their community.

Delta Variant seem to have awakened the Republican Governor of Alabama... (Finally!!!)

Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.
"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.
Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country, with roughly 33.9% of residents fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Average daily Covid-19 cases in Alabama are nearly double what they were a week ago, and more than four times higher than they were two weeks ago.
But the Alabama football team has a 93% vaccination rate ...

The bold. That's the big lie right there.

The Trump base is not responsible for COVID. Never has been.

Not responsible for CoVid arriving in America, but increasingly responsible for the fact it is not under control. If mask mandates return, it will be their fault.

Is this really what you believe? That if you don't get vaccinated you will inevitably die? lol Even among the unvaccinated, the death rate is far less than 1%.

...but is still much higher than the death rate of soldiers that fought in Iraq (.37%) and much, much, much higher than the death rate from drunk drivers (.014%).

The delta variant is so contagious that most medical professionals say if you are not vaccinated you WILL get it. Moreover, there are long-term health consequences to having had CoVid, some unknown, beyond death, that could shorten your life.

The longer we allow a disease spread incubator that we now have, the more like that later, perhaps more deadly variants will make this situation much worse. America is fighting a war with this pandemic. It is already the most deadly event in American history (we just past the death total of the civil war) other than the pandemic of 1918 (and we are likely to eclipse that).

At this point, those that will not get vaccinated are not only selfish buffoons, they are essentially enemy sympathizers.

Last edited:
you be very confident all you wish. The people who would tell us these things have lied to us repeatedly.

No, they haven't. Have they been wrong? Of course. No one is perfect.

They have shut their credibility all to hell.

What has happened is that pro-Trump propagandists have convinced Trump supporters that they cannot be trusted.

And people crying about this vaccine or the same ones that pretended masks worked and social distancing what it doesn't we already know this.

Masks and social distancing work to reduce the rate of the spread of Covid-19 amongst a population.

They are not a fool-proof way of completely eliminating any and all risk to the virus, and they have never been presented to the public as such.

Therefore, what you hare doing now is engaging in a logical fallacy, You are presenting a strawman argument.

If you want me to place confidence in you you have to earn it

The mRNA technology is decades in the making. As of today's date, approximately 3 billion doses have been given and approximately 1 billion people have been fully vaccinated.

How many more billions of people have to be vaccinated before you become convinced the vaccination is safe?

The problem here is the so-called studies which are dishonest are comparing covid-19 to any given flu season.

In what way? Be specific.

Compared to a new strain of influenza but spreads as easily as covid 19.

Are you trying to compare a hypothetical strain of influenza, with properties you've invented in your own mind, that hasn't arisen yet to Covid-19?

You understand what you are doing here is presenting another strawman argument, right?

But the Alabama football team has a 93% vaccination rate ...
That team is likely so, because being vaccinated represents "money making accessibility"... Maybe the team should have spoken to the citizen population, especially these non vaccinated types who whine and cry about business closures, and other thing where they can't chase making money and let them know... if they'd stepped up and got their vaccines... the spread likely could be better contained, and they'd be able to go back to their money making chase.

These unvaccinated types are the exact ones that complained about business closures and other types of closures, but too dumb to realize they are part of why those closures were so expansive and so prolonged, and they will be the the culprit in any future business closures due to covid, or lock down if it comes to that.
(sadly, these types of unvaccinated people are like ignorance wrapped in layers of ignorance)

Actually getting the vaccine doesn't stop you from carrying the virus or transmitting the virus.

Getting the vaccine decreases the chances that you will be infected.

Getting the vaccine increases the body's ability to create antibodies, therefore if you do become infected, it reduces both your likelihood of getting sick AND your likelihood of making other people sick.

It's not perfect. But it doesn't have to be perfect to be very helpful. And we know it works because the people getting very sick and the people dying are now mostly people -- exceeding 95 to 98% --- who have not been vaccinated.

And if you look at the figures and charts referenced earlier in this thread you will see the strong correlation between vaccinations and the reduced rate of Covid-19 cases.

So it's STUPID to say, "Well, it doesn't totally solve the problem so therefore it's shit."

The argument Trump supporters are making is "It's not perfect and I won't die from Covid-19 so I'm not going to bother getting it", and it is a stupid, ignorant, selfish argument.

It hasn't been proven. You can explain something until your mouth falls off, that doesn't make the explanation correct.

The only protection they would provide is that when you cough or sneeze saliva doesn't go directly in front of you it gets forced out the sides anyone who's worn a mask wouldn't know this.

Nope. You're wrong. It has been proven that masks help reduce the rate of the spread of Covid-19.

Stop lying about Covid-19 and stop spreading propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom