• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2221][W: 821] [W:15] Rittenhouse Verdict

I'm not blind, you're deaf. Forget about Huber's ass in a stillshot right after he was shot. You're not listening for the shot. Pay attention to when the shot was fired. Huber was still pulling on the gun when he was shot and only let go after he was shot. In the chest.
I will admit my mistake. Huber was shot in the chest. That does not take away from what I have said from the start. Rittenhouse's action were rash and he went to a fight he was not prepared for training-wise or emotionally.

Why can't you also be man enough to admit what is so clearly evident?

He was armed with a skateboard and Rittenhouse's actions were rash. That has been my contention from the beginning.

Why can't you also be man enough to accede to what is so clearly evident?
A skateboard can be just as lethal as a baseball bat. Huber's actions were rash by trying to arm himself with Rittenhouse's gun, and Rittenhouse's actions were not rash, they were in self defense. You've been wrong from the beginning. Are you man enough to admit that yet? :)

Unlike you, I will admit my mistake. Huber was shot in the chest.

Nonetheless, it does not take away any of the points I have made before. He was armed with a skateboard and Rittenhouse's actions were rash. That has been my contention from the beginning.

Why can't you also be man enough to accede to what is so clearly evident?

The “rash“ actions were Huber hitting KR with a skateboard and then trying to take away his gun (personal property) by force. KR shooting someone who has already attacked him during a subsequent robbery attempt was deemed justified self-defense by the jury.

I will admit my mistake. Huber was shot in the chest. That does not take away from what I have said from the start. Rittenhouse's action were rash and he went to a fight he was not prepared for training-wise or emotionally.

Why can't you also be man enough to admit what is so clearly evident?
I have said, for over a year, that Rittenhouse was naive, misguided, irresponsible, etc, but he was not guilty of the crimes he was charged with. Now you're still arguing with me, even though you've conceded all my points, even though you now agree with what I've been saying all along.

Rittenhouse's action were rash and he went to a fight he was not prepared for training-wise or emotionally.
You can rant and rave all day long about his young age, the appropriateness of his being there, and his emotional preparedness as you perceive it, but the fact remains that Rittenhouse showed remarkable restraint and discipline given the circumstances. He tried to run away and deescalate the situation. He waited until the last possible instant before resorting to deadly force. He didn't shoot anyone who didn't attack him first. He immediately tried to turn himself in to the police. He was 100x more emotionally prepared to be there than Rosenbaum was, that's for damn sure.

Views like this are why the people that shot Arbery thought it was ok. "If Arbery hadn't acted so rashly, he wouldn't have gotten shot. People rarely die from fights, why didn't he just take his beating and wait for the cops?"

It's not a view that the vast majority of people share. In fact, almost everyone in the country thinks that your views are wrong.
Mouse, as always you state things without any factual evidence backing you up.

Here is the truth:

More Americans think Kyle Rittenhouse should be convicted

43% of Americans approve of the Wisconsin jury’s not guilty verdict, while 39% disapprove

43% versus 39%, you consider that to be a VAST majority?

Even drunken drivers who didn’t mean to kill anyone are held accountable. They got behind the wheel with alcohol in their system, and Kyle Rittenhouse walked down the street with a semiautomatic rifle over his shoulder.

I have said, for over a year, that Rittenhouse was naive, misguided, irresponsible, etc, but he was not guilty of the crimes he was charged with. Now you're still arguing with me, even though you've conceded all my points, even though you now agree with what I've been saying all along.
I did not say that the others were not rash. Nonetheless, they paid with their lives for their rashness. What consequences has Rittenhouse paid for his rashness?

Is rashness a reason to be killed for?

Here is the truth:

43% of Americans approve of the Wisconsin jury’s not guilty verdict, while 39% disapprove

Even drunken drivers who didn’t mean to kill anyone are held accountable. They got behind the wheel with alcohol in their system, and Kyle Rittenhouse walked down the street with a semiautomatic rifle over his shoulder.

I'm going to guess very few people followed the trial closely so these polls are pretty pointless in determining what the jury should've decided. I take the opinions of those who know the case well and are honest over people who are just reacting to things they heard on the media.

Did you see this poll, @Luckyone? Your opinion on it? Your votes?

You can rant and rave all day long about his young age, the appropriateness of his being there, and his emotional preparedness as you perceive it, but the fact remains that Rittenhouse showed remarkable restraint and discipline given the circumstances. He tried to run away and deescalate the situation. He waited until the last possible instant before resorting to deadly force. He didn't shoot anyone who didn't attack him first. He immediately tried to turn himself in to the police. He was 100x more emotionally prepared to be there than Rosenbaum was, that's for damn sure.
Total BS. I know difference as I have been in situations like that in my life. In addition, I have been around people that have been in the same kind of situations and mostly they agree with me.

The fact you disagree means you have never been in such a situation where life and death to someone else has been in play based on your decisions. Have you ever been attacked by people that are trying to kill you? If you have, how many did YOU kill? I have been in situations like that and the number of people I have killed is ZERO.

I did not say that the others were not rash. Nonetheless, they paid with their lives for their rashness. What consequences has Rittenhouse paid for his rashness?

Not sure you'll ever get it. Probably because you don't want to.

I'm going to guess very few people followed the trial closely so these polls are pretty pointless in determining what the jury should've decided. I take the opinions of those who know the case well and are honest over people who are just reacting to things they heard on the media.
That response I gave has to do with the attack on me that stated that a VAST majority of people think differently than I do and I proved him wrong.

Here is the truth:

What is important in a criminal trial is what 100% of the jurors decided. Deciding criminal cases based on public opinion poll (plurality?) results would be moronic.

Rittenhouse was not "rash" in any case where he pulled the trigger, because they were all in self defense.

His only "rash" decision in my view was choosing to be there in the first place. And he's paid a hefty social and emotional price for it.

That response I gave has to do with the attack on me that stated that a VAST majority of people think differently than I do and I proved him wrong.

And you're proved wrong with the poll on this forum (with people who actually paid more attention than Jimmy from Tulsa).

Not sure you'll ever get it. Probably because you don't want to.
Perhaps you are right Josie but that same mentality applies to you also. You are convinced of your view, much like i am convinced of mine. Nonetheless and given that I have been in such a situation before in my life and acted differently and had different results than what happened to Kyle, I happen to believe that the probabilities favor my opinion having more substance than yours.

Ever found yourself in such a situation? Did you have to make such a decision?, If so, how many people are dead because of you self-defending yourself?

Here is the truth:

Yes, you are wrong. If people thought like you, the laws would be changed. But they don't, which is why the laws don't punish people who defend themselves against attackers.

A poll of people who don't know the case or the facts doesn't change the truth that people believe that self defense is fine. Even in this thread people were claiming that Huber was shot in the back, and that KR killed black people. With misinformation like that being spread, the general public doesn't know the facts and so any poll is skewed by their ignorance.

Total BS. I know difference as I have been in situations like that in my life. In addition, I have been around people that have been in the same kind of situations and mostly they agree with me.

The fact you disagree means you have never been in such a situation where life and death to someone else has been in play based on your decisions. Have you ever been attacked by people that are trying to kill you? If you have, how many did YOU kill? I have been in situations like that and the number of people I have killed is ZERO.
You're armed with a rifle that everyone can see. A guy who just threatened your life 30 minutes ago suddenly appears from behind a car and starts sprinting after you. You start running away, yelling "friendly friendly friendly!" but he doesn't stop. He's gaining on you. You turn around and point your gun at him for an instant while still running away. He doesn't stop. He's still gaining on you. You're about to be cornered with nowhere else to go. Then a shot rings out from close behind you and he screams "**** YOU!" as loud as he can. You turn around again to see him lunging at you at near point-blank range and reaching for your rifle.

What would you do? Ask him why he's chasing you? Ask him if he's really about to tackle you to the ground? Ask him whether or not he's trying to take away your firearm? Is that your position??

Perhaps you are right Josie but that same mentality applies to you also. You are convinced of your view, much like i am convinced of mine.

The difference is, I'm basing my opinion on the evidence and the law. You're basing yours on your emotions most likely driven by a partisan mindset.
Nonetheless and given that I have been in such a situation before in my life and acted differently and had different results than what happened to Kyle, I happen to believe that the probabilities favor my opinion having more substance than yours.

Ever found yourself in such a situation? Did you have to make such a decision?, If so, how many people are dead because of you self-defending yourself?

If a man attacks me and I pull out a gun and shoot him -- am I wrong?

given that I have been in such a situation before in my life and acted differently and had different results than what happened to Kyle, I happen to believe that the probabilities favor my opinion having more substance than yours.

Sorry, but I don't believe that for a second.

The difference is, I'm basing my opinion on the evidence and the law. You're basing yours on your emotions.

If a man attacks me and I pull out a gun and shoot him -- am I wrong?

Yep, using Luckyman “logic”, you were wrong to be there since you obviously considering simply being there cause to be armed. ;)

Yes, you are wrong. If people thought like you, the laws would be changed. But they don't, which is why the laws don't punish people who defend themselves against attackers.

A poll of people who don't know the case or the facts doesn't change the truth that people believe that self defense is fine. Even in this thread people were claiming that Huber was shot in the back, and that KR killed black people. With misinformation like that being spread, the general public doesn't know the facts and so any poll is skewed by their ignorance.
It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see Rittenhouse sue the pants off the slanderous media for their slimy and despicable coverage of his case. They are the reason so many are misinformed and thus outraged over the verdict.

And you're proved wrong with the poll on this forum (with people who actually paid more attention than Jimmy from Tulsa).

Paid attention to what? The facts? I am now totally aware of the "facts" involved and my outlook remains the same. I have my set of principles, training, values, and experience and they all tell me that Kyle was rash. What principles, training, values, and experience do you have? You ae saying that the "people on this forum paid more attention to the trial than I did" Does paying attention mean that they are right? Is attention the measuring stick for being right or wrong?

In addition, the jurors found Rittenhouse innocent of the charges brought against him. There was not enough evidence to convict him of those charges. No juror has yet been interviewed after the verdict. Do you know what they actually think about Rittenhouse? They voted based on the "legal technicalities" of the charges. Do you know that none of them feel the way I do (Kyle was innocent of the charges but guilty of making rash decisions, which are not legally prosecutable but morally they are wrong)?

Yep, using Luckyman “logic”, you were wrong to be there since you obviously considering simply being there cause to be armed. ;)
do I need to remind you that two of the attackers were not armed?

Back
Top Bottom