• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:220,1256]***Trinitarianism = Polytheism

That's odd considering that he thinks Isaiah could make a prophecy come true.

All I know is what Ramoss posted in the past. Notice he didn't answer you direct when you asked him, "Did Moses part the Red Sea? How about the burning bush? The 10 commandments handed down to Moses by God?"

All I know is what Ramoss posted in the past. Notice he didn't answer you direct when you asked him, "Did Moses part the Red Sea? How about the burning bush? The 10 commandments handed down to Moses by God?"

Yes, I noticed that.

Jeremiah 25:11-12
Jeremiah 32:36-37

Jeremiah, frustrated that his reprimands have produced animosity rather than repentance, is now falling into despair and desperation. The fall of Assyria is complete, the Chaldeans out of Babylon have emerged the victors. Jeremiah surmises – correctly – that Judah will fall to Nebuchadnezzar. He then uses 70 years, in other words THE SPAN OF A LIFETIME, that Babylon too will fall. That is a fair prediction (“prophecy” is just a fancy word for geo-political predictions of probable short term outcomes). Of course, you forgot to cite the additional passage that goes hand-in-hand with this one – Jeremiah 29:10. Only problem is, the period Jeremiah is discussing (circa 586 BC) to the downfall of Babylon was only 47-48 years. Close but no cigar.

Jeremiah 49:16

Not quite sure where you’re going with this one. Are you referring to Edom?

Isaiah 13:19
Isaiah 14:23

Let’s break the Isaiah’s down into their respective authorships/eras; these 2 are from Isaiah ben Amoz (aka Proto-Isaiah) of the neo-Assyrian period. These particular verses refer to Babylon under Marduk-apla-iddina II, how he was driven out by Sargon, reemerged, then was defeated again. What it DOESN’T refer to is the fall of Babylon at the hands of Cyrus. Not quite close enough for cigar consideration.

Isaiah 45:1

So this would be Deutero-Isaiah, an acolyte of Isaiah ben Amoz, writing during the Exilic period. And since this author is witnessing the advance of Cyrus, he is discussing probable outcomes. Nothing “prophetic” about this passage whatsoever. Forget that cigar, no soup for you.

Nahum 1:10
Nahum 3:15

Ah yes, Nahum of Elkosh, overly expressing his joy at the impending and more-than-probable downfall of the Assyrians in Nineveh. Probability does not equate to “prophecy”. Still no soup.

Ezekial 25:14
Ezekial 26:3
Ezekial 26:12

Ah yes, Ezekiel glorifying the Chaldeans as though he were some Babylonian patriot; “prophesying” only against their enemies. Interestingly enough, though he was a “prophet”, he certainly didn’t possess the foresight to “prophecy” what was going to happen to his Babylonian patrons. But back to Tyre/Tyrus… As an advantageous coastal citadel,Tyre had undergone military blockades and sieges since the days of Shalmaneser V. Sometimes they resisted firmly, other times they paid tribute. By the time of Nebuchadnezzar, Tyre had stood with Egypt (Babylon’s enemy) in defiance of Babylon; thumbing their nose at them. Ezekiel’s “prophecy” of the “eleventh year” took place in 587 BC, when the siege of Tyre was already a certainty. So yeah, it didn’t take much of a “prophet” to foresee Tyre’s probable destruction in the face of Nebuchadnezzar’s wrath. Again, probability and “prophecy” are not one and the same. Still no soup.

OM

God has already shown himself once in world history, and people who thought like you helped nail him to the cross.

He'll be back again to wrap things up and cast evil into Hell.

...according to the words of men, that is. Funny how gods always "revealed themselves" in the Mediterranean and Near East prior to the collapse of the Bronze Age and into the Iron Age, but never since.

I'll go with Occam's Razor on that one.

OM

Ezekial 25:14
Ezekial 26:3
Ezekial 26:12

Ah yes, Ezekiel glorifying the Chaldeans as though he were some Babylonian patriot; “prophesying” only against their enemies. Interestingly enough, though he was a “prophet”, he certainly didn’t possess the foresight to “prophecy” what was going to happen to his Babylonian patrons. But back to Tyre/Tyrus… As an advantageous coastal citadel,Tyre had undergone military blockades and sieges since the days of Shalmaneser V. Sometimes they resisted firmly, other times they paid tribute. By the time of Nebuchadnezzar, Tyre had stood with Egypt (Babylon’s enemy) in defiance of Babylon; thumbing their nose at them. Ezekiel’s “prophecy” of the “eleventh year” took place in 587 BC, when the siege of Tyre was already a certainty. So yeah, it didn’t take much of a “prophet” to foresee Tyre’s probable destruction in the face of Nebuchadnezzar’s wrath. Again, probability and “prophecy” are not one and the same. Still no soup.

OM

In my original reply, I notice afterwards that I didn't emphasize Nebuchadnezzar's - and by extension, Ezekiel's - failure at having destroyed Tyre. That sure is some dandy "prophesying".

OM

God has already shown himself once in world history, and people who thought like you helped nail him to the cross.

He'll be back again to wrap things up and cast evil into Hell.

I thought the bible teaches a blood atonement was part of God's plan to save mankind. Are you denying this and putting the plan upon man, as opposed to what the bible professes ? It certainly appears to be the case in your post above. ( post # 1373 )

That's odd considering that he thinks Isaiah could make a prophecy come true.

Well, when it comes to Isaiah, I will say that it is 'after the fact' writing, where isaiah is reciting to a priest, claiming it is true. Hindsight prophecy is often 20/20.

It also does not refer to Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom