• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:22:181]They ARE coming for our guns.

Black Dog

King Of The Dog Pound
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
They aren't coming for our guns?

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines. - https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases&id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

Yes nothing to see here, they aren't coming for our guns?

"In addition to Feinstein, Murphy and Blumenthal, cosponsors of the bill include Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.). - Same as above.

Any questions?

What makes this most insidious? After you die or move to a state or municipality where you can't have it? Must be destroyed as it is illegal to sell or give away.

Trying to do an end run around the Constitution.

Last edited:
Re: They ARE coming for our guns.

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines. - https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases&id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

"In addition to Feinstein, Murphy and Blumenthal, cosponsors of the bill include Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.). - Same as above.

Any questions?

What makes this most insidious? After you die or move to a state or municipality where you can't have it? Must be destroyed as it is illegal to sell or give away.

Unfortunately, not much new to see here. Anti-gunners have wanted similar restrictions for a while, and now they have the gavel in the House. Expect more noise like this as soon as this bill dies in the Senate, maybe even before.....

Fortunately for gun rights enthusiasts, this type of bill is not likely to even make it out of committee in the Senate. Make sure your Representative, and more importantly, your Senators, know where you stand on this matter.

Any questions?

And with a little as we pay attention to the Constitution now you should be awake enough to understand that the Constitution no longer protects you or me.

It is a promise that we decided to break.

Because we suck like that.

SAD

Unfortunately, not much new to see here. Anti-gunners have wanted similar restrictions for a while, and now they have the gavel in the House. Expect more noise like this as soon as this bill dies in the Senate, maybe even before.....

Fortunately for gun rights enthusiasts, this type of bill is not likely to even make it out of committee in the Senate. Make sure your Representative, and more importantly, your Senators, know where you stand on this matter.

• The first problem with this is nomenclature.

The term "Assault Weapon" was made up by legislators like Feinstein, and translates to "scary gun."

It is derived from the term "Assault Rifle," which is basically nomenclature identifying a select fire (can select automatic or semi-automatic fire) magazine fed non-crew-served weapon used by military personnel.

The purpose of the term is to frighten citizens into thinking that a rifle that merely LOOKS like something a soldier would carry should not be carried by a common citizen.

Last edited:

The first problem with this is nomenclature.

The term "Assault Weapon" was made up by legislators like Feinstein, and translates to "scary gun."

It is derived from the term "Assault Rifle," which is basically nomenclature identifying a select fire (can select automatic or semi-automatic fire) magazine fed non-crew-served weapon used by military personnel.

The purpose of the term is to frighten citizens into thinking that a rifle that merely LOOKS like something a soldier would carry should not be carried by a common citizen.

It is my contention that these so-called "assault weapons" are the only weapons the Second Amendment was meant to protect; weapons meant for members of a militia, i.e., military-grade weaponry for use on a battlefield. Not firearms merely meant to stop home invasions or going bird hunting.

Last edited:

It is my contention that these so-called "assault weapons" are the only weapons the Second Amendment was meant to protect; weapons meant for members of a militia, i.e., military-grade weaponry for use on a battlefield. Not firearms meant to stop home invasions or going bird hunting.

Why does anyone need a gun to stop a home invasion? Dont their homes have walls?

I have been told that walls are an effective way to stop illegal entry

Why does anyone need a gun to stop a home invasion? Dont their homes have walls?

How often do burglars go through walls to rob a home? Seems to me they use doors and windows.

As I actually know someone who was robbed while home. You go ahead and depend on those walls after someone decides to come in, uninvited.

Trolling is such a waste of everyone's time.

And with a little as we pay attention to the Constitution now you should be awake enough to understand that the Constitution no longer protects you or me.

It is a promise that we decided to break.

Because we suck like that.

SAD

Ummm if that were the case the SCOTUS would not be so important.

Not saying you should not be watchful and guard your rights. Just saying over simplifying the issues is no better than what people who try to ban guns want to do.

Ummm if that were the case the SCOTUS would not be so important.

Not saying you should not be watchful and guard your rights. Just saying over simplifying the issues is no better than what people who try to ban guns want to do.

SCOTUS is important because it has power, not through giving a damn about the Constitution.

SCOTUS is a political body now not a body of law as it was intended to be.

Corruption does that.

How often do burglars go through walls to rob a home? Seems to me they use doors and windows.

Patio-Gate-Ritz.jpg

As I actually know someone who was robbed while home. You go ahead and depend on those walls after someone decides to come in, uninvited.

So walls do not prevent illegal entry?

Thanks

SCOTUS is important because it has power, not through giving a damn about the Constitution.

SCOTUS is a political body now not a body of law as it was intended to be.

Corruption does that.

So without the Constitution? You think the SCOTUS would have power? :lamo

If you spent more time talking about the things you can change, and stopped worrying about the things you can't. You would have much better debates.

To be honest the sad sack crap gets old quick.

Thanks

Not all no. No one is claiming or implying anything that ridicules... Except you. It's funny how people can make really stupid assumptions. Then run away like they have proved something.

:lamo <--- At you!

Battery dremel tool with heavy cutting wheel (some kind of small portable cutting tool, no torch) and a glass cutter. 30 secs. I've seen it before as a police officer.

Amazing what you can pull off when no one is home. :roll:

Certainly, sangha, to my knowledge, no unguarded wall or fortification in history has ever stopped a determined invader.

An estimated 3.7 million burglaries a year in the US.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/vdhb.pdf

Unfortunately, walls and door locks will only stop the honest.

Thanks

trolling is silly. Why do prisons have guards with firearms since they have walls, bars and razor wire too?

Any questions?

Who will this affect? Law-abiding citizens like myself. Not criminals.

trolling is silly. Why do prisons have guards with firearms since they have walls, bars and razor wire too?

Thank goodness for the ability to scroll past certain posters.

Who will this affect? Law-abiding citizens like myself. Not criminals.

Feinslime and her toadies are all about harassing honest gun owners-its an attempt to punish people who generally vote against scum like her

Battery dremel tool with heavy cutting wheel (some kind of small portable cutting tool, no torch) and a glass cutter. 30 secs. I've seen it before as a police officer.

Amazing what you can pull off when no one is home. :roll:

Barring what kind of neighborhood this is in. A length of chain with a hook and nearly any kind of vehicle can get those bars off as well.

Re: [W:22]They ARE coming for our guns.

Any questions?

The democrats are driven by gun banning insanity. It is mob delusion. Disarming Americans will not make Americans safer, especially from well armed enemies of Americans and American freedom. People who first reject God are then turned to insanity and this is insanity. Democrats are hell bent on removing all securities currently in place for protection of America and Americans, whether it's border security, protection by police, or weapons for personal protection.

Re: [W:22]They ARE coming for our guns.

Any questions?

The fact that many of these same politicians either praise the draconian gun control laws in the UK and Australia or whine how we don't have laws like those countries prove they want to ban and or confiscate firearms. Anyone who is actually a 2nd amendment proponent would never praise the draconian gun control laws of other countries.Nor would they whine how we don't have draconian gun control laws like many other countries do.

Back
Top Bottom