• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:22:181]They ARE coming for our guns.

Re: [W:22]They ARE coming for our guns.

They aren't coming for our guns?

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines. - https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases&id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

Yes nothing to see here, they aren't coming for our guns?

"In addition to Feinstein, Murphy and Blumenthal, cosponsors of the bill include Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.). - Same as above.

Any questions?

What makes this most insidious? After you die or move to a state or municipality where you can't have it? Must be destroyed as it is illegal to sell or give away.

Trying to do an end run around the Constitution.
They are willing to use more violence than you are, so they're going to win eventualy.

Re: They ARE coming for our guns.

So walls do not prevent illegal entry?

Thanks
Correct, walls are not magical forcefields and thus do not prevent illegal entry, because walls have holes in them; these holes are referred to as doors and windows.

maui-600x250.jpg

Why does anyone need a gun to stop a home invasion? Dont their homes have walls?

I have been told that walls are an effective way to stop illegal entry

Aoocrding to the 2010 DOJ study "Victimization During Household Burglary", about 1 million home invasions occur each year in the US with 26% of residents suffering injury from their attackers.

Do you think that the walls erected to keep people out remain unguarded?

Aoocrding to the 2010 DOJ study "Victimization During Household Burglary", about 1 million home invasions occur each year in the US with 26% of residents suffering injury from their attackers.

Do you think that the walls erected to keep people out remain unguarded?

According to sangha, home invasions do not exist at all, anywhere, ever, because homes have walls and walls stop DeathStar lasers.

Why does anyone need a gun to stop a home invasion? Dont their homes have walls?

Walls and/or door and window locks do not stop home invasion or illegal entry but breaching them (unauthorized forced entry) them does provide evidence that a crime is in progress.

They are willing to use more violence than you are, so they're going to win eventualy.

It is possible they might be willing to use more violence than you.

I have watched the anti-gun movement for the past 40 or so years. Ever watch a pendulum? Gets boring after a while......

It is possible they might be willing to use more violence than you.

I have watched the anti-gun movement for the past 40 or so years. Ever watch a pendulum? Gets boring after a while......
If you meant half of that, modern machine guns wouldn't be banned.

Where did you come up with that nonsense?

Anti rights crowd isn't willing to use more violence, but they are willing to exploit the violence to fulfill their agenda.

Anti rights crowd isn't willing to use more violence, but they are willing to exploit the violence to fulfill their agenda.

This is far more accurate.

Battery dremel tool with heavy cutting wheel (some kind of small portable cutting tool, no torch) and a glass cutter. 30 secs. I've seen it before as a police officer.

Amazing what you can pull off when no one is home. :roll:

$50 worth of chain from Ace and a trailer hitch.

Walls are effective at that otherwise we wouldnt use them or locks. Guns are for people who simply want them or wish to protect their family against life threatening situations. Those who dont care to protect their family will get by just fine up until they are killed...we even have a word for them...they are called victims.

They aren't coming for our guns?

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines. - https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases&id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

Yes nothing to see here, they aren't coming for our guns?

"In addition to Feinstein, Murphy and Blumenthal, cosponsors of the bill include Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.). - Same as above.

Any questions?

What makes this most insidious? After you die or move to a state or municipality where you can't have it? Must be destroyed as it is illegal to sell or give away.

Trying to do an end run around the Constitution.

In each case, it literally said "owners may keep existing weapons".

That's the exact opposite of someone coming to take your gun.

In each case, it literally said "owners may keep existing weapons".

That's the exact opposite of someone coming to take your gun.

What part of...

Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.

Are you missing? I mean it's right in front of "Owners may keep existing weapons." Which is funny. It might as well say "Owners may keep existing weapons until such time as they wish to sell or transfer said weapons, at which point it will be turned in because it can't even be transferred out of state.

Any questions?

PS: I just wanted to show how "owners may keep existing weapons" is some bull**** argument. Sure they are only removing the purchase of any new ones and I can't even leave others to family etc.

Last edited:

What part of...

Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.

Are you missing? I mean it's right in front of "Owners may keep existing weapons." Which is funny. It might as well say "Owners may keep existing weapons until such time as they wish to sell or transfer said weapons, at which point it will be turned in because it can't even be transferred out of state.

Any questions?

PS: I just wanted to show how "owners may keep existing weapons" is some bull**** argument. Sure they are only removing the purchase of any new ones and I can't even leave others to family etc.

Yes, you seem to have missed the fact that, again, no one is taking your gun.

Not being able to sell it for a profit, for example, is not "someone taking your gun".

This is nothing more than simple hysteria, pure and simple.

Yes they are. If I had an AR or an AK, hewll any of the 205 weapons on the ban list, and it broke down. Let's say I need a new firing pin. Oh sorry sir those are illegal.

So yes they are trying. Stop with the intellectual dishonesty.

Not being able to sell it for a profit, for example, is not "someone taking your gun".

Yes, not being able to sell my property for what I deem fair. How un-American of me. Yes affecting my income is, and you know this.

The only hysteresis here is from idiots who keep telling us they are not coming for our guns.

What if I own an AR pistol?

What if I own an AR pistol?

No one is going to take it.

If I had a dollar for every time a conservative posted a fantasy about their guns getting taken away I'd be rich enough to simply buy every single gun myself.

No one is going to take it.

If I had a dollar for every time a conservative posted a fantasy about their guns getting taken away I'd be rich enough to simply buy every single gun myself.

I would not be allowed to own it under the 2019 AWB:

Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:

Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases?id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

Yes they are. If I had an AR or an AK, hewll any of the 205 weapons on the ban list, and it broke down. Let's say I need a new firing pin. Oh sorry sir those are illegal.

So yes they are trying. Stop with the intellectual dishonesty.

Yes, not being able to sell my property for what I deem fair. How un-American of me. Yes affecting my income is, and you know this.

The only hysteresis here is from idiots who keep telling us they are not coming for our guns.

Yes, the fantasy that someone is coming for your guns is rather idiotic.

Guess you better take care of your precious then, or you'll be **** outta luck.

But again, that is not "someone coming for your gun".

What's really dishonest is continuing to spew these inane fantasies about people coming to take your gun when no one has the time, energy or interest in actually doing any such thing.

Plus, of course, killing a bunch of hicks is bad PR, so there's another factor against it.

Boo ****ing hoo. Cry me a river. The government deciding what one can or can't sell is nothing new.

I would not be allowed to own it under the 2019 AWB:

Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:

Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases?id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

Then I guess you better get one of the two thousand plus weapons listed as "exempt".

Or, if you owned your AR pistol legally, you don't have to worry.

"The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment."

Yes, the fantasy that someone is coming for your guns is rather idiotic.

Guess you better take care of your precious then, or you'll be **** outta luck.

But again, that is not "someone coming for your gun".

Only in partisan hack world.

What's really dishonest is continuing to spew these inane fantasies about people coming to take your gun when no one has the time, energy or interest in actually doing any such thing.

And yet they keep trying.

Plus, of course, killing a bunch of hicks is bad PR, so there's another factor against it.

Boo ****ing hoo. Cry me a river. The government deciding what one can or can't sell is nothing new.

So in other words nothing factual, just tears and yelling.

Thanks for playing.

Then I guess you better get one of the two thousand plus weapons listed as "exempt".

Or, if you owned your AR pistol legally, you don't have to worry.

"The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment."

Why is it that people want to pretend, yes as in fantasy that grandfathering in makes it magically not a ban.

Only in partisan hack world.

And yet they keep trying.

So in other words nothing factual, just tears and yelling.

Thanks for playing.

People only take care of their guns in partisan hack world?

Gee bud, sounds like you don't deserve a firearm if you aren't going to treat it with the proper respect.

And yet, nothing has ever happened, nor will it.

Yes, you are crying and yelling quite a bit.

Why is it that people want to pretend, yes as in fantasy that grandfathering in makes it magically not a ban.

Why do people want to pretend that someone is coming for their guns when nothing of the sort is happening?

Back
Top Bottom