• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:212] Chief Justice Roberts should resign

jnug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Roberts should resign in embarrassment.

In fact a good many of the Justices lied through their teeth in their Senate Judiciary Committee testimony. We have Justices sitting on the SC that claimed that Roe v Wade was settled law. That appears to be no longer be the case. They no longer deserve their robes. They have screwed their own hooch.

On top of that, Justice Alito's draft opinion for majority has been leaked. Nothing like this, the leak of a draft opinion of the SC, nothing even close to this has ever happened before.

This is a stain that the SC will not easily overcome. The only shot the court has is for Roberts to resign though he is not part of the majority opinion.

SCOTUSblog is going nuts over this.

In fact a good many of the Justices lied through their teeth in their Senate Judiciary Committee testimony. We have Justices sitting on the SC that claimed that Roe v Wade was settled law. That appears to be no longer be the case. They no longer deserve their robes. They have screwed their own hooch.

On top of that, Justice Alito's draft opinion for majority has been leaked. Nothing like this, the leak of a draft opinion of the SC, nothing even close to this has ever happened before.

This is a stain that the SC will not easily overcome. The only shot the court has is for Roberts to resign though he is not part of the majority opinion.
Roberts should resign in shame, Thomas and O'kanenaugh should be impeached, and either Goresuch or Coney/barret is illegitimate by their own reasoning.

Four picks for Biden.

SCOTUSblog is going nuts over this.
In my opinion another institution that can't see the forest for the trees...stuck in gibberish. The term "super precedent" has no real meaning. As such Senators should not be asking SC nominees about super precedent. There is precedent. There is stare decisis. We have enough definitions for precedent. We keep creating language gibberish without purpose. It just gives people an out. "Oh I believe in the concept of Precedent and I believe in the concept of Stare Decisis but then there is Super Precedent you know". BULLSHIT!!!!

Roberts should resign in shame, Thomas and O'kanenaugh should be impeached, and either Goresuch or Coney/barret is illegitimate by their own reasoning.

Four picks for Biden.
after what the FDR court did, nothing justifies such a stupid attack on the current court

after what the FDR court did, nothing justifies such a stupid attack on the current court
Don't be silly, I'm not talking about crap from more than half a century ago, I'm talking about the last couple of years. What the FDR court did is totally irrelevant to my statement.

No SC has ever done THIS before. Not one...not ever.

In addition as just pointed out somewhere, when Roe v Wade was offered by the SC, it was on a 7-2 vote of the SC with 5 Republicans voting for it. So much for which Party has moved farther to an extreme. We now have at least 5 Conservative Justices nominated to the Court by Republican Presidents voting to flip it.

I don't want to see any more arguments about which Party has moved farther toward an extreme. This vote ends that discussion as well.

In my opinion another institution that can't see the forest for the trees...stuck in gibberish. The term "super precedent" has no real meaning. As such Senators should not be asking SC nominees about super precedent. There is precedent. There is stare decisis. We have enough definitions for precedent. We keep creating language gibberish without purpose. It just gives people an out. "Oh I believe in the concept of Precedent and I believe in the concept of Stare Decisis but then there is Super Precedent you know". BULLSHIT!!!!
"Super precedent" is MAGA for "MAGA," from an intellectual standpoint...an intellectual cartoon. The SCOTUS, the efin' Supreme Court of the United States, invented a legal term by grammatically incorrectly adding a superlative. Superlatives...that sounds familiar...who uses those?

(It all means MAGA. And no, there is no intellectual version of MAGA.)

Don't be silly, I'm not talking about crap from more than half a century ago, I'm talking about the last couple of years. What the FDR court did is totally irrelevant to my statement.
You’re not 85 years old

In addition as just pointed out somewhere, when Roe v Wade was offered by the SC, it was on a 7-2 vote of the SC with 5 Republicans voting for it. So much for which Party has moved farther to an extreme. We now have at least 5 Conservative Justices nominated to the Court by Republican Presidents voting to flip it.

I don't want to see any more arguments about which Party has moved farther toward an extreme. This vote ends that discussion as well.
Four of them were selected by Republican presidents who lost the popular vote. Our government is ruled by the minority, from top to bottom.

I feel absurd asking what just happened, but I really was chasing a kiddo
Well if you are seriously asking, just wait or I will fill you in a bit. Alito has written the draft majority opinion which will in effect flip Roe v Wade. So there is that.

Then there is the fact that the draft opinion has been leaked, something that has never ever in the history of the SC happened before. Its a stain that the Robert's Court owns and will not soon clean from itself.

I had to delete my original comment. Which decision are you talking about?

Well if you are seriously asking, just wait or I will fill you in a bit. Alito has written the draft majority opinion which will in effect flip Roe v Wade. So there is that.

Then there is the fact that the draft opinion has been leaked, something that has never ever in the history of the SC happened before. Its a stain that the Robert's Court owns and will not soon clean from itself.

Where are you seeing this? I figure I'd have read something about this already, but I haven't seen anything.

I had to delete my original comment. Which decision are you talking about?

Where are you seeing this?
Politico broke the story and all of the networks are now picking it up. In other words, Politico HAD the draft majority opinion in their hands.

the USSC under FDR pissed all over 100+years of precedent including a bunch of cases that were issued before FDR threatened to pack the court. Before the FDR pet monkeys got hold of the court, the commerce clause had never been used to justify federal power over individuals operating at a state level. Roe v wade was a bullshit opinion that was nothing more than political expediency. And yes, not only do I support legal abortion, I put my ass on the line as security for a clinic that was constantly under attack and was firebombed once and had an attempted firebombing a second time

They believe as Trump does, lie your ass off and the right wingers will give you big bucks to retire on. This is why a majority of citizens no longer have faith in the court. I hope Susan Collins is happy with herself.

the USSC under FDR pissed all over 100+years of precedent including a bunch of cases that were issued before FDR threatened to pack the court. Before the FDR pet monkeys got hold of the court, the commerce clause had never been used to justify federal power over individuals operating at a state level. Roe v wade was a bullshit opinion that was nothing more than political expediency. And yes, not only do I support legal abortion, I put my ass on the line as security for a clinic that was constantly under attack and was firebombed once and had an attempted firebombing a second time
They did not leak draft majority opinions either. Nice try.

They did not leak the draft majority opinion to the media.
It probably would have been if they could back then.

I also thought you were talking about something else, so never mind

I bet the court will decide it was legal to bomb abortion clinics and let all of the people who did so out of prison.

Back
Top Bottom