• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:212] Chief Justice Roberts should resign

the USSC under FDR pissed all over 100+years of precedent including a bunch of cases that were issued before FDR threatened to pack the court. Before the FDR pet monkeys got hold of the court, the commerce clause had never been used to justify federal power over individuals operating at a state level. Roe v wade was a bullshit opinion that was nothing more than political expediency. And yes, not only do I support legal abortion, I put my ass on the line as security for a clinic that was constantly under attack and was firebombed once and had an attempted firebombing a second time

Yes, we know you are mad at the scaffolds of anti-discrimination laws.

Don't be silly, I'm not talking about crap from more than half a century ago, I'm talking about the last couple of years. What the FDR court did is totally irrelevant to my statement.
crap like pretending that the commerce clause gave congress any power it wanted? Do all you people going ballistic over what has yet to be confirmed understand that even if the piss poorly written Roe V Wade nonsense is overturned-that still requires the states to outlaw abortion? and a state cannot prevent a woman going to another state to get a legal abortion. I do suspect that women who have had multiple abortions might have some issues if their state does ban it though.

BTW the "reasoning" in Roe left open scientific advances rolling back some of the "Freedom" in Roe

Yes, we know you are mad at the scaffold of anti-discrimination laws and bans on womb control.
You aren't able to understand the level of legal reasoning I operate at and your stupid comment is evident of that. You are unable to fathom that one can support keeping abortion legal while finding fault, as John Hart Ely (look him up, I suspect you have no idea who he was), in a poorly written politically expedient decision.

BTW there is not much rational reasoning for a state to ban all or even most abortions

I bet the court will decide it was legal to bomb abortion clinics and let all of the people who did so out of prison.
If you actually believe that, your opinions on this issue have no credibility whatsoever

You aren't able to understand the level of legal reasoning I operate at and your stupid comment is evident of that.

Yo went to Yale, yo'.

Seriously, though? You disagree with decicions a century go, so we should snap back to then and ride out whatever cataclysm results?

The whole thing is too stupid for that. It's just an excuse for you to be verbally aggressive. The horrid thing here is that abortion will be re-decided in womens' blood. And you'll lose again. You'll just have killed people to do it. That is evil.

Last edited:
after what the FDR court did, nothing justifies such a stupid attack on the current court
LOL still crying after over 80 years. You'd think you would be cried out by now.

baby-crying-picture-id151557041

crap like pretending that the commerce clause gave congress any power it wanted?

Because commerce in one state cannot possibly affect commerce in other states, and if it could it defintely wouln't have national hence international effects?

Ok. Welcome to your San Fran poopy needles overlords. Let's let them dictate national policy. Plus, free market amirite?

Please. The world changes. Old ideas have to be applied to new circumstances. Originalism is a lie. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Nobody cares.

crap like pretending that the commerce clause gave congress any power it wanted? Do all you people going ballistic over what has yet to be confirmed understand that even if the piss poorly written Roe V Wade nonsense is overturned-that still requires the states to outlaw abortion? and a state cannot prevent a woman going to another state to get a legal abortion. I do suspect that women who have had multiple abortions might have some issues if their state does ban it though.

BTW the "reasoning" in Roe left open scientific advances rolling back some of the "Freedom" in Roe
Five people are taking away the constitutional rights of more than half the population. That should concern you.

The Congress is going to have to act and codify Abortion. Should've done it years ago.

Oh its a humdinger. Slaps the Warren Court over the head with a 2x4 in the process. Robert's Court is a mess.
I should have mentioned that the Alito's majority opinion obliterates the Rehnquist Court as well.

You aren't able to understand the level of legal reasoning I operate at and your stupid comment is evident of that. You are unable to fathom that one can support keeping abortion legal while finding fault, as John Hart Ely (look him up, I suspect you have no idea who he was), in a poorly written politically expedient decision.

BTW there is not much rational reasoning for a state to ban all or even most abortions
Question for you, are candidates questioned by the Senate during conformation hearing done so under oath? If they lied during their conformation hearing, can they be prosecuted or just impeached?

Question for you, are candidates questioned by the Senate during conformation hearing done so under oath? If they lied during their conformation hearing, can they be prosecuted or just impeached?
they never promise how they would rule.

The Congress is going to have to act and codify Abortion. Should've done it years ago.
congress doesn't have that power. what part of Article One Section Eight authorizes this?

Five people are taking away the constitutional rights of more than half the population. That should concern you.
A court created constitutional right taken away by the same court? How many people can actually make a sound legal argument in favor of Roe V Wade versus making a good argument that a state doesn't have a rational basis to ban all or most abortions

congress doesn't have that power. what part of Article One Section Eight authorizes this?
Absurd.... Its called an Amendment. Perhaps you have heard of it.

Roberts can’t stop the other five any more.
Look at the politics of it and how it will ignite women.
Roberts kept Roe alive so more R’s would vote.

Absurd.... Its called an Amendment. Perhaps you have heard of it.
start counting the states. Count the states that would oppose a right to abortion amendment. when you get to 13 states, you can stop counting

A court created constitutional right taken away by the same court? How many people can actually make a sound legal argument in favor of Roe V Wade versus making a good argument that a state doesn't have a rational basis to ban all or most abortions
And the supporters for flipping Roe are using the concept of super precedent claiming that Roe is not super precedent. Well super precedent simply says you don't even have to hold the majority view to consider overturning settled law. You just have to be a dumbass with a big megaphone.

Irrelevant. The arguments have been made and confirmed, many times. Rights are supposed to expand, not contract. This should concern you, but I see you are a slave to politics. I like rights. I like freedom. I don't give two shits about ideologies and politics, and I absolutely abhor religious fundamentalists.

Roberts should resign in embarrassment.

In fact a good many of the Justices lied through their teeth in their Senate Judiciary Committee testimony. We have Justices sitting on the SC that claimed that Roe v Wade was settled law. That appears to be no longer be the case. They no longer deserve their robes. They have screwed their own hooch.

On top of that, Justice Alito's draft opinion for majority has been leaked. Nothing like this, the leak of a draft opinion of the SC, nothing even close to this has ever happened before.

This is a stain that the SC will not easily overcome. The only shot the court has is for Roberts to resign though he is not part of the majority opinion.

Roberts is going to go down as one of the worst chief justices in SCOTUS history.

start counting the states. Count the states that would oppose a right to abortion amendment. when you get to 13 states, you can stop counting
States are states. The Congress of the United States is something else again. Congress can pass a Bill and the President can sign it. That is all that it would take. Should have been done years ago.

Roberts can’t stop the other five any more.
Look at the politics of it and how it will ignite women.
Roberts kept Roe alive so more R’s would vote.
That a draft of a majority opinion was leaked to the press more than suggests that the Robert's Court is entirely off the rails.

Roberts should resign in shame, Thomas and O'kanenaugh should be impeached, and either Goresuch or Coney/barret is illegitimate by their own reasoning.

Four picks for Biden.
The current SCOTUS has lost any credibility. Im not sure how it will regain any credibility without a major house cleaning. Roberts is an embarrassment to the bench.

That a draft of a majority opinion was leaked to the press more than suggests that the Robert's Court is entirely off the rails.
And here we may have the "why" it was leaked. What better way to show the nation how off the rails it is?

Back
Top Bottom