• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: #211] What do you know about sex, pregnancy, and childbirth?

Yes I did and so did you and so did the heavily biased (and no more truthful than much of the RCC) Catholic.com. It's whitewashed of course.

However, you were unable to refute any of it directly, all you did was say 'na huh' and fall back on Catholic.com.

If I was going to accept any 'sources' about the RCC they wouldnt "be produced by the RCC". The RCC doesnt even follow or interpret the Bible accurately. It invented popes and then when it couldnt control them, they had to invent Ex-Cathedra. And the intercession of priests between God and sinners.

I have done my own reading on the RCC over the years.
Um, if I want to know what Baptist doctrine is I am going to read a Baptist website. If I want to know what Catholic doctrine is, I would read Catholic.com

So, it doesn't matter what you accept or not...they are the authority on what the religious doctrine is.

Yeah. But it's still a sin, right? Can they do their Hail Mary's and still enter Heaven? (I dont know the answer to that)
If a divorced person remarries, the church considers it adultery but I'm not sure if they can enter Heaven or not.

Um, if I want to know what Baptist doctrine is I am going to read a Baptist website. If I want to know what Catholic doctrine is, I would read Catholic.com

So, it doesn't matter what you accept or not...they are the authority on what the religious doctrine is.

Depends on what you want to know. And you already admitted that they dont 'practice' some doctrine anymore...which again, is my point. It's still doctrine, but they're glossing it over, rationalizing it, whatever. And you couldnt refute any of mine directly.

Depends on what you want to know. And you already admitted that they dont 'practice' some doctrine anymore...which again, is my point. It's still doctrine, but they're glossing it over, rationalizing it, whatever. And you couldnt refute any of mine directly.
If I want to know Methodist doctrine, I would consult Methodist websites and churches...if I want Baptist doctrine I would consult Baptist churches and Baptist websites...if I want Catholic doctrine I would consult a Catholic website, a priest or the Vatican...I wouldn't consult a non-Catholic site about Catholic doctrine....that would be silly.

If I want to know Methodist doctrine, I would consult Methodist websites and churches...if I want Baptist doctrine I would consult Baptist churches and Baptist websites...if I want Catholic doctrine I would consult a Catholic website, a priest or the Vatican...
I already answered that for me. I dont need to read what the RCC thinks of itself...as I wrote...I've done my research and it included more than just their publications. I'm not particularly concerned with your research strategies altho it seems kind of limited.

I wouldn't consult a non-Catholic site about Catholic doctrine....that would be silly.

Multiple people were in the conversation. What are NoteBene's 'qualifications?' Or Patriotic Voter's? Or Scrabaholic's?

Wrong, I believe there were only 2 states that had repealed it before reaching statehood, but they also prohibited interracial marriage before reaching statehood.
I did err, as I discovered after posting, but you are erring here, too.
See:

Nine states never had any such laws:
New Hampshire and Vermont, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Note that New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey were among the original 13 colonies that became states (NH included Vermont till 1790). To this group, Pennsylvania should probably be added only because it repealed its anti-miscegenation law in 1780, but Massachusetts didn't do so until 1843, I think. I was mistaken about RI.

I assure you, the history of NY is deeply intertwined with Iroquois history and very prominent so-called whites married to members of the Mohawk, Seneca, Oneida, and Tuscarora nations.

NH, Vermont, and Minnesota, like Quebec and Ontario in Canada, were filled with French and British fur traders in the colonial years who often married Native Americans.

Remarkably, in 1662, only one of the colonies had such a law, and that was Virginia.

If I want to know Methodist doctrine, I would consult Methodist websites and churches...if I want Baptist doctrine I would consult Baptist churches and Baptist websites...if I want Catholic doctrine I would consult a Catholic website, a priest or the Vatican...I wouldn't consult a non-Catholic site about Catholic doctrine....that would be silly.
If one wants unbiased historical material, it makes no sense to go to an official website of any longstanding organization, because they are too likely to whitewash their own histories. That is especially true as regards their worst behavior and their attitudes toward pr implicating non-whites and women.

I already answered that for me. I dont need to read what the RCC thinks of itself...as I wrote...I've done my research and it included more than just their publications. I'm not particularly concerned with your research strategies altho it seems kind of limited.

Multiple people were in the conversation. What are NoteBene's 'qualifications?' Or Patriotic Voter's? Or Scrabaholic's?
if they are Catholic (I believe notabene is) I also am Catholic...then they can speak on it. PV is not Catholic so she has no clue what the doctrine is. I actually went through the classes that discuss the beliefs in depth. I do know what I am talking about. I suspect that notabene does as well.

if they are Catholic (I believe notabene is) I also am Catholic...then they can speak on it. PV is not Catholic so she has no clue what the doctrine is. I actually went through the classes that discuss the beliefs in depth. I do know what I am talking about. I suspect that notabene does as well.

It's ludicrous to tell non-Catholics that we dont know Catholic doctrine. We can study and read...I've said I've done so. We may not know all of it, we may not have been submerged in it in school/church, but it is expressed clearly by the Catholic Church...and I've been saying that it's not necessarily practiced as coercively, as misogynistically, as repressively, as that doctrine states...because people today wont accept it and the church is hemorrhaging members.

And I also know what I'm talking about, altho again, I dont know everything and then I am happy to ask questions. Your own answers have proven much of what I've said is true.

Back
Top Bottom