• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:21:647]Teens in MAGA Hats Harassed a Native American Vietnam Veteran

Re: [W:21]Teens in MAGA Hats Harassed a Native American Vietnam Veteran

But the liberals thought it was ok to spit on the Vietnam veterans coming home back in the 60's and 70's and calling them baby killers.

Really? Vietnam was like a half a century ago. Is that how far back you had to go to find something to come up with? Sad.

What's the difference?

If you were alive to witness the difference, you wouldn't be asking.
A lot of difference between flower power, peace. loving liberal hippies, and radical leftists who took they anger out on our nation's vets.

If you were alive to witness the difference, you wouldn't be asking.
A lot of difference between flower power, peace. loving liberal hippies, and radical leftists who took they anger out on our nation's vets.

I was alive back then.There was no difference.I knew back then that I was a conservative Republican.I didn't want anything to do with the filthy liberal life style.

I was alive back then.There was no difference.I knew back then that I was a conservative Republican.I didn't want anything to do with the filthy liberal life style.

I was a liberal.
No way would I ever, nor would many other liberals I knew at the time, spit on a Vet, so please watch the stereotyping.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a25962532/maga-teens-indigenous-peoples-march-veteran/

Tons of the hate for those that are from different culture
Has the level of hate like this increased in the US?
Also he is a Vietnam Vet.

Video

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0m92rHOkG/

WTH? I watched your video link and another video posted on Twitter. In both videos there was no one mobbing the Indian.

The kids were there first.

It shows the Indians walking into the group of kids.

In the video it shows clearly that the group of kids even separated to allow a path for the Indians to walk up the steps to do their ceremonial thing.

Instead of going around the boy in which he was given plenty of room he continued to stand in front of the kid chanting and pounding his drum which signaled the man was insisting the boy to move instead of him walking around him where there was more than ample room to do so.

This story is BS.

Those were radical leftists; Marxists, not liberals, who spit on the Nam vets.

Radical leftist? Holy ****, dude. Apparently the definition of 'radical leftist' has morphed into anyone who disagrees with alt right ideology.

young, uneducated, know nothing, snot nose punks....

glad their catholic school condemned their activities already and is trying to teach them better . .

I would hope the parents stepped up too but im guessing thats probably part of the problem. Poor parenting.

These Trump cult racist MAGA boys were from Covington Catholic School going to Washington DC to join the "pro-life" March for Life :roll:.

To me the whole "pro-life" ideology is mostly about disrespecting women and their right to choose what they do with their own bodies. Is it any surprise that a 2018 graduate of Covington Catholic School recently forcibly raped and sodomized a highschool girl?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...alter-charged-repeatedly-sodomizing-girl.html

Did anyone else think 'there's a young Brett Cavanaugh' when looking at the main smug faced boy?

Last edited:

Is this what the MAGA cult really mean when they say they want to "Make America Great Again"?

magaCULT.jpg

The MAGA cult and Steve Bannon Style Catholicism is an ugly blend.

"The behavior of these young boys is disgusting and reprehensible. The fact that they were donning their MAGA attire just makes the video that much more obscene. The boys were first harassing a group of African American men when Nathan Philips turned his attention towards the boy as an act of peace and healing. It was then that the boys surrounded him and began chanting “Build that wall”. The audacity! The utter disrespect for an elder and the absolute repugnance of young men to behave like this while they were to be representing their Catholic school. But, this isn’t the first time that Covington Catholic High School has been in the news.

Jake Walter a former Covington Catholic High School basketball standout who once had a scholarship offer from Xavier University was recently arrested and charged with rape and sodomy. Allegedly he had been accused of rape several times in the past and his high school covered for him. Of note, Jake’s father is former Bengals player Joe Walter.

Two other former students from CCHS stated that they were horribly bullied. One for coming out as gay and the other because he didn’t run with the cool kids clique. There have been others who are speaking out about the bullying culture at the school."​

Read more about the bigots of Covington Catholic School:

http://prinniefied.com/wp/2019/01/19/the-bigots-of-covington-catholic-high-school/

Young MAGA cultists screaming "Build that wall!" at indigenous people, show the "message" they are receiving from Trump has nothing to do with border security or 'Making America Great Again' and everything to do with Trump's toxic white supremacy.

Last edited:

What do you expect from Trump supporters? Are you shocked?

Any Trump supports want to defend this? Because this is who is representing you. And it looks like they're doing a good job.

Has social media identified that boy yet? Usually they are pretty quick in exposing the identity of "bad-behaving" MAGA supporters ...

I hope so. That way we can prevent them from going to college, EVER. They can mop toilets, that's all those little punks are good for.

Any Trump supports want to defend this? Because this is who is representing you. And it looks like they're doing a good job.

There's a bunch of them on twitter trying to claim the Native American elder was the one harassing all those teenagers. Yeah. Seriously.

It appears there is more to this story that what is seen at first glance, and I may be wrong in my initial assessment....if that is the case, I offer my apologies to the kid in question.

With grandparents and parents like this, I suppose it's to be expected of kids like that.

magaCULT.jpg

Little rock.jpg

maga.jpg

The kid in the front is certainly the worst but what the other kids are doing is the equivalent of making squinty eyes and saying “Ching Chong, Ching Chong” to an Asian. It is not ok. But maybe they just don’t know any better and this will be a learning opportunity for them. I am less optimistic about the asshole staring down the older gentleman. I get a sociopath vibe from him. Hope I’m wrong.

Oh no doubt. The noble thing to do would be for one of the kids to step in and say "cut it out, that's disrespectful". How often do 14-15 year olds fill that role, though? I wonder how many of those kids are old enough to truly understand racism and its role in American history. Hell, I would wager 10-20% of them don't even know what a "Native American" is, or at the very least, what American frontiersmen did to them.

Please don't take this post as me trying to defend the "MAGA" ideology, which I find repulsive. Just telling it how I see it in this particular instance. Obviously my stance would be different if these were 30 year olds.

I got a breaking news notification on my I-phone from the Washington Post about this video, which I thought was straight overkill.

It appears there is more to this story that what is seen at first glance, and I may be wrong in my initial assessment....if that is the case, I offer my apologies to the kid in question.

Yes, there is a bit more to this. I've seen a number of longer video clips on Twitter. Doesn't take away from what most of these these teens were doing and it's difficult to spin it in any sort of positive light for these boys.

There's one close up where another younger Native American guy tells one teen he should "go back to Europe" because his people were there first (in response to being mocked by the teens).

There's another showing the elder moving towards the Lincoln memorial through the crowd of teens and then he got surrounded and had to stop.

There's a video showing the chaperones from the school standing by and laughing in the background.

The Trump MAGA-ites were chanting "Build the wall!" "Gone in 2020!" to the small handful of indigenous people.

Iexpect them to be expelled if found guilty, that's far more than the inept obama expected from his supporters.

Has social media identified that boy yet? Usually they are pretty quick in exposing the identity of "bad-behaving" MAGA supporters ...
I hope so. That way we can prevent them from going to college, EVER. They can mop toilets, that's all those little punks are good for.
Yes the name of the main boy standing there smirking in the videos has been revealed. I won't repeat it here as he's a teen. Unfortunately for him and the others captured clearly on video, colleges and future employers often look at social media now. A sincere public apology from the teens and some volunteer community service for Native American people might help.

These kids are victims of their parent's and community's ignorance and racist attitudes as well as Trump's, so I hope they can learn better. Shaming doesn't work. Education can.

Yes the name of the main boy standing there smirking in the videos has been revealed. I won't repeat it here as he's a teen. Unfortunately for him and the others captured clearly on video, colleges and future employers often look at social media now. A sincere public apology from the teens and some volunteer community service for Native American people might help.

These kids are victims of their parent's and community's ignorance and racist attitudes as well as Trump's, so I hope they can learn better. Shaming doesn't work. Education can.

Your opinion does not comport with the reality of what the videos show.
Here are two of those videos.

The first shows the indigenous group entering the area where the kids are.
The second shows the indigenous male moving to and then getting in the kids face.

Your opinion does not comport with the reality of what the videos show.
Here are two of those videos.

The first shows the indigenous group entering the area where the kids are.
The second shows the indigenous male moving to and then getting in the kids face.

I suggest you find out more about what happened, ie watch a lot more of the available videos instead of just cherry-picked short ones. How strange none of your videos showed the chants of "Build the wall!" "Gone in 2020!" and the mocking actions by the teens to the indigenous people. Plus read some of the comments of people who were there about what happened... then see an optometrist.

Last edited:

I suggest you find out more about what happened, ie watch a lot more of the available videos instead of just cherry-picked short ones. How strange none of your videos showed the chants of "Build the wall!" "Gone in 2020!" and the mocking actions by the teens to the indigenous people. Plus read some of the comments of people who were there about what happened... then see an optometrist.
Your silly snideness aside. I have watched the other ones and have also read many of the comments.
The chants are irrelevant to the points I made, which you clearly can not refute. The NA approached the kids and made contact with them. They are responsible for that not the kids, regardless if you do not like their response or not. The NA male got in the kids face and is responsible for that contact as well.

Your silly snideness aside. I have watched the other ones and have also read many of the comments.
The chants are irrelevant to the points I made, which you clearly can not refute. The NA approached the kids and made contact with them. They are responsible for that not the kids, regardless if you do not like their response or not. The NA male got in the kids face and is responsible for that contact as well.
Your silly opinions aside...

Well there's nothing left after that.

Back
Top Bottom