• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#202]Sri Lankan factory manager lynched and set on fire in Pakistan

ooh goodie, are we going to nitpick bible verses too? Or as the bible says (so I have been told:

Nitpick? :sleep:

The attempts that you charter members of the don't-blame-Islam club make to trivialize direct commands from the Qur'an to kill unbelievers just get more and more desperate and absurd.

More of the same:

From the article:

As well as the attacks from armed groups such as ISIL in the Greater Sahara (ISGS) in the west of the country, Niger also has to contend with Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province in the southwest of the country, near the border with Nigeria.

Note the common thread.

Nitpick? :sleep:

The attempts that you charter members of the don't-blame-Islam club make to trivialize direct commands from the Qur'an to kill unbelievers just get more and more desperate and absurd.
Because a religion did not kill this man, followers of that faith did this. And again, if christians did what the bible said, they would most likely also commit these kinds of atrocities. And the only one who is getting more and more desperate and absurd is your reasoning. Just because a few idiots in a country that is that backward as Pakistan does not mean this is the trend among all followers of islam.

Oopsy, you've wandered into the wrong thread.
Nope.
Just because I'm not going along with your game doesn't mean I am in the wrong thread.
My point is, your precious Christians are setting up the same game right here and it's becoming increasingly
difficult to tell fundie islamist whackos and fundie christiban whackos apart.
They may wear different clothing and have different accents but that's fast becoming the only thing that separates them.

And Flynn is parading around as if he's a grand cleric of the christo-fascists.
Any day now we'll see him waving his "holy index finger" around at a rally, just as if he's Muqtada al-Sadr.

Because a religion did not kill this man, followers of that faith did this.

Not according to the Qur'an. Verses 8:17 says, "So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them".

It was not the KKK who lynched negroes, but the followers of the KKK.
It was not Nazism that caused the Holocaust, but the followers of Nazism.

See how stupid that sounds?

And again, if christians did what the bible said, they would most likely also commit these kinds of atrocities.

Nope. That's just not true. There are exactly zero verses in the bible that tell Christians to form an army and attack non-Christians. That's just plain, flat-out false. If a Christian wants to jump in here, that would be good.

And the only one who is getting more and more desperate and absurd is your reasoning. Just because a few idiots in a country that is that backward as Pakistan does not mean this is the trend among all followers of islam.

As I explained already, blasphemy laws in Pakistan are supported by a plurality of voters and were endorsed by the current PM as part of his election platform. The difference between your imagined "few idiots" and a plurality of the voters is in the millions.

A good test to determine if you're on the right side of an argument is to recognize the absurdity/stupidity of the things you have to say to support your point.

Nope.
Just because I'm not going along with your game doesn't mean I am in the wrong thread.
My point is, your precious Christians are setting up the same game right here and it's becoming increasingly
difficult to tell fundie islamist whackos and fundie christiban whackos apart.
They may wear different clothing and have different accents but that's fast becoming the only thing that separates them.

And Flynn is parading around as if he's a grand cleric of the christo-fascists.
Any day now we'll see him waving his "holy index finger" around at a rally, just as if he's Muqtada al-Sadr.

Then please, tell us all about the beheadings, terrorist attacks, kidnappings, airplane hijackings, ethnic cleansing/raping, honor killings, and life sentences for blasphemy that the Christian right is committing to this day in the U.S.

The things you people will say and actually put your names to boggles the mind.

Then please, tell us all about the beheadings, terrorist attacks, kidnappings, airplane hijackings, ethnic cleansing/raping, honor killings, and life sentences for blasphemy that the Christian right is committing to this day in the U.S.

The things you people will say and actually put your names to boggles the mind.

I'm not saying it's happening now, I'm saying that Flynn and his theocrat buddies are setting up the right conditions for it to happen in the future.
Your only response is: "They aren't doing it yet".

Nope. That's just not true. There are exactly zero verses in the bible that tell Christians to form an army and attack non-Christians. That's just plain, flat-out false. If a Christian wants to jump in here, that would be good.
So when god ordered the Israelites to go and destroy people this did not happen?

“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”
— 1 Samuel 15:2–3

The bible also says if people do not believe in him and try and make gods children listen to the words of other gods, they should be:

put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God,
Deuteronomy 13

And if you hear of a village in which people have turned away from gods word (in a village he gave them to live in) you must investigate and if you find it to be true that have turned from the one true god, this is what you need to do:

You must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

Or the vengeance in the bible on the Midianites when god told Moses to take 12,000 soldiers to go and kill every man, boy child or women who had had sex, the virgins were given to the soldiers. They also took all cattle and valuables for the Israeli's. God did this because some women tried to introduce their gods to 2 Israeli's. (Numbers 31)

King Josiah was such a follower of god that he executed all priests of pagan shrines on their own altars and then burned human bones on these altars to desecrate them. He did this on gods laws and commands according to 2 Kings 23.

As I explained already, blasphemy laws in Pakistan are supported by a plurality of voters and were endorsed by the current PM as part of his election platform. The difference between your imagined "few idiots" and a plurality of the voters is in the millions.

A good test to determine if you're on the right side of an argument is to recognize the absurdity/stupidity of the things you have to say to support your point.
And the number of times the Pakistani government has executed someone for blasphemy? Zero, no judicial executions ever occurred due to these blasphemy laws.

I'm not saying it's happening now, I'm saying that Flynn and his theocrat buddies are setting up the right conditions for it to happen in the future.
Your only response is: "They aren't doing it yet".

Right. Christians in the U.S. are poised to carry out - wait for it - beheadings, terrorist attacks, kidnappings, airplane hijackings, ethnic cleansing/raping, honor killings, and life sentences for blasphemy.

Do you really want to be known as the guy who actually thinks that could happen?

So when god ordered the Israelites to go and destroy people this did not happen?

“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”
— 1 Samuel 15:2–3

The bible also says if people do not believe in him and try and make gods children listen to the words of other gods, they should be:

put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God,
Deuteronomy 13

And if you hear of a village in which people have turned away from gods word (in a village he gave them to live in) you must investigate and if you find it to be true that have turned from the one true god, this is what you need to do:

You must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

Or the vengeance in the bible on the Midianites when god told Moses to take 12,000 soldiers to go and kill every man, boy child or women who had had sex, the virgins were given to the soldiers. They also took all cattle and valuables for the Israeli's. God did this because some women tried to introduce their gods to 2 Israeli's. (Numbers 31)

King Josiah was such a follower of god that he executed all priests of pagan shrines on their own altars and then burned human bones on these altars to desecrate them. He did this on gods laws and commands according to 2 Kings 23.

And the number of times the Pakistani government has executed someone for blasphemy? Zero, no judicial executions ever occurred due to these blasphemy laws.

Yup. All in the past (assuming any of it really happened). None of that addresses my statement that, "There are exactly zero verses in the bible that tell Christians to form an army and attack non-Christians".

What I did not specify, and I should have, is that I'm talking about verses in the bible that tell Christians to form an army and attack non-Christians in an on-going, and never-ending manner. I though that was obvious, but I should have definitely not assumed that you were able to extrapolate the bleedin' obvious.

Yup. All in the past (assuming any of it really happened). None of that addresses my statement that, "There are exactly zero verses in the bible that tell Christians to form an army and attack non-Christians".

What I did not specify, and I should have, is that I'm talking about verses in the bible that tell Christians to form an army and attack non-Christians in an on-going, and never-ending manner. I though that was obvious, but I should have definitely not assumed that you were able to extrapolate the bleedin' obvious.
I already produced verses in which armies were sent to destroy non-christians, if you don't want to acknowledge that, so be it.

Also, the quran was written in a time of war, strive and battle. So it is logical to read such idiotic things because that is what happened to muslims too by the hands of their enemies.

All those religious books are bogus, there are no gods and people have been misusing these text for death and violence since they were written. Sadly you think only one book is the basis for violence.

I already produced verses in which armies were sent to destroy non-christians, if you don't want to acknowledge that, so be it.

Sorry, but you're not getting away with that dodge. There is NO ON-GOING COMMAND for Christians to make war against non-Christians. OT stories are just that - stories. They absolutely do not constitute orders for all time the way the Qur'an does.

Also, the quran was written in a time of war, strive and battle.

Yes - war started by Mohamed and commanded by the Qur'an.

So it is logical to read such idiotic things because that is what happened to muslims too by the hands of their enemies.

Muslims had no enemies not of their own making.

All those religious books are bogus,

Irrelevant. People believe them and act on them, so that's all that matters.

there are no gods and people have been misusing these text for death and violence since they were written.

It's not misuse to follow commands that you think are from God.

Sadly you think only one book is the basis for violence.

It's by far the worst. Just look at the terrorism of today, and it's almost all Islamic.

Sorry, but you're not getting away with that dodge. There is NO ON-GOING COMMAND for Christians to make war against non-Christians. OT stories are just that - stories. They absolutely do not constitute orders for all time the way the Qur'an does.
Sure, you keep making that up there.
Yes - war started by Mohamed and commanded by the Qur'an.
and? Did the Israeli's not have to fight? The christians? The protestants against the catholics and vice versa. Religion is a dirty business.
Muslims had no enemies not of their own making.
the same goes for the jews, christians, protestants. Keep repeating that old record, it just is a total focus on islam and a total ignoring of the other world religions.
Irrelevant. People believe them and act on them, so that's all that matters.
And before the christians were forced into not violently forcing their religion through other people's throats christians did the very same thing. You are just obsessed with islam.
It's not misuse to follow commands that you think are from God.
then what are you complaining about with muslims, they are following their gods commands, stupid commands but there it is. Luckily most muslims do not follow those commands, just a small minority in most countries are a large bunch of backward fools in countries that kinda live in about the middle ages.
It's by far the worst. Just look at the terrorism of today, and it's almost all Islamic.
Crusades, most wars in the west before 1914, forcing others to go into their religion, the troubles, etc. etc. etc.

Again, islam is still living in the past because most people live in countries that are war torn, unstable and of course having the same issues that catholics and protestants used to have (until not so long ago)

Sure, you keep making that up there.

and? Did the Israeli's not have to fight? The christians? The protestants against the catholics and vice versa. Religion is a dirty business.

the same goes for the jews, christians, protestants. Keep repeating that old record, it just is a total focus on islam and a total ignoring of the other world religions.

And before the christians were forced into not violently forcing their religion through other people's throats christians did the very same thing. You are just obsessed with islam.

then what are you complaining about with muslims, they are following their gods commands, stupid commands but there it is. Luckily most muslims do not follow those commands, just a small minority in most countries are a large bunch of backward fools in countries that kinda live in about the middle ages.

Crusades, most wars in the west before 1914, forcing others to go into their religion, the troubles, etc. etc. etc.

Again, islam is still living in the past because most people live in countries that are war torn, unstable and of course having the same issues that catholics and protestants used to have (until not so long ago)

It doesn't matter how many layers of bricks you add to your great wall of whataboutism. Nothing changes the fact that Muslim mobs in Islamic shit-holes like Pakistan will kill a person who 'insult Islam'. They get their hatred from the pages of the Qur'an (Unbelievers are the worst of God's creatures - 8:55).

Right. Christians in the U.S. are poised to carry out - wait for it - beheadings, terrorist attacks, kidnappings, airplane hijackings, ethnic cleansing/raping, honor killings, and life sentences for blasphemy.

Do you really want to be known as the guy who actually thinks that could happen?

Almost half of all Republicans have openly admitted that they may need to resort to violence.
You can piss on my leg and insist it's raining all you like but it doesn't change the facts.
And you can also keep whistling "It Can't Happen Here" all you like, too.
And when someone tells you who and what they are, you should believe them.

It doesn't matter how many layers of bricks you add to your great wall of whataboutism. Nothing changes the fact that Muslim mobs in Islamic shit-holes like Pakistan will kill a person who 'insult Islam'. They get their hatred from the pages of the Qur'an (Unbelievers are the worst of God's creatures - 8:55).
You do not get to pick and choose your batshit religious doctrines. In the past non-christians were also slaughtered or forcibly converted. Just because their faith now exists in the first or somewhat civilized world where such idiotic views are no longer accepted, does not mean that this was not the view of the christian church in the past. Sadly no muslim country has ever been a first world country or democratic and free, so they have to catch up with our standards.

All we can do is make it known by all measures that such ideas are not going to be accepted if they want to be part of the civilized world.

You do not get to pick and choose your batshit religious doctrines. In the past non-christians were also slaughtered or forcibly converted. Just because their faith now exists in the first or somewhat civilized world where such idiotic views are no longer accepted, does not mean that this was not the view of the christian church in the past. Sadly no muslim country has ever been a first world country or democratic and free, so they have to catch up with our standards.

All we can do is make it known by all measures that such ideas are not going to be accepted if they want to be part of the civilized world.

You've stated the difference between Islam and Christianity nicely.

The certainly are in Pakistan. When 'Islam is insulted' people die. I don't call that peaceful. Do you?

There are 1,800,000,000 Muslims in the world. If they were all violent, you'd know it.

There are 1,800,000,000 Muslims in the world. If they were all violent, you'd know it.

They're not all violent. Only enough of them to fund and support the dozens of terrorist groups that operate where Islam does not yet rule.

In some of the countries where Islam does rule, it does so with an extremely heavy hand. Did I get anything wrong about Pakistan, its people, and its laws? Anything at all?

Not the too distant past, the troubles are not that long ago

'The troubles' were almost entirely political. I don't recall a single incident in which a bomb was planted because the other side wasn't worshipping Jesus the right way.

'The troubles' were almost entirely political. I don't recall a single incident in which a bomb was planted because the other side wasn't worshipping Jesus the right way.
It was a religious conflict, catholics versus protestants. Good christian boys who had no issue killing and going to church on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom