• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#201]Your parent's Democratic Party is dead

JFK said

And this is the Democratic Party that I supported for years, that party doesn't exist any more and shame on those who changed it
My parents were life long Republicans. I was up until Reagan. The Republican party has morphed into something my parents wouldn't recognize. The Party that started Earth Day now shrugs at pollution. To think the 'winner' of the Cold War wouldn't be allowed into the party he bolstered with 2 (might say 3 counting coattail Bush I) dominate wins that created the foundation for modern Republican resurgence.

Who do you think runs the programs Sanders is promoting? where does all that money come from and who pays the administrative staff that handles those programs? Like most liberals you have no idea what taxes you pay or they fund. You continue to buy the Sanders rhetoric that doesn't even come close to resonating with reality

Reality is every single developed nation on the planet, except us, have such programs. It's not that hard. (Of course I'm not sure we qualify as a developed nation anymore- it's more like the freedom of the jungle here).

Now THAT's funny!

As if Republicans care about the debt...

-laughing-

Good one!

They only talk about it when Democrats in the majority and Republicans want to take power.
Your problem is typical liberalism totally ignoring what taxes you pay and their purpose always buying the liberal rhetoric. Why don't you post the line items that created the Trump deficits pre pandemic then 2020? You won't because you have no clue and it would make you and the rest of left look like fools

Reality is every single developed nation on the planet have such programs. It's not that hard.
Name for me any other nation that has 330,000,000 people, 50 states with different costs of living and tax structures, Constitutions, Governors and mayors. You can't but you are right liberalism/Progressives are frauds

Breaking news: guy who repeatedly rails on about how much he hates Democrats horrified that Democrats really aren’t interested in appeasing people like him anymore.
Growing up a JFK Democrat and probably voting for more Democrats than you Republicans I can tell you that today's Democratic Party is being destroyed from within and isn't close to what the party my parents and I supported for years

Whenever we get enough progressives in office that they have any real political power.
Progressivism = Mental illness....all you need to do to know that is to listen to the few progressive kooks that have made it into office now!

No thank you!

Like all fox and right wing bullshit, what a ridiculous projection. The GOP and their racist,sexist, taliban bullshit is against American ideals. And they know it, that's why they are tryhing to make it harder to vote and putting Trump hacsk on election boards, they know they don't represent america. More like Afghanistan

Growing up a JFK Democrat and probably voting for more Democrats than you Republicans I can tell you that today's Democratic Party is being destroyed from within and isn't close to what the party my parents and I supported for years

Good. Anything a fanatical Trump cultist like you would support is not anything the Democratic Party should even remotely resemble.

Name for me any other nation that has 330,000,000 people, 50 states with different costs of living and tax structures, Constitutions, Governors and mayors. You can't but you are right liberalism/Progressives are frauds
That's a dodge... :rolleyes:

Name a nation with our gross national production. Has as many millionaires and billionaires. Since Reagan has turned from creditor to debtor to the extent we have.

First use per capita, next many corporations have an index for cost of living. I don't see how local taxes figure in.

Just MAGA/Rabid Right puffery... ✌️

Both political Parties are not the same as they were decades ago. Both have lost their way.

The EU has a bigger population, and a bigger GDP, than the US. They are doing just fine- if not better. It's not that hard.

The members of the EU are much smaller and those members have their own cost of living but keep buying the liberal rhetoric. You and your leftwing friends have no idea how much is being spent on social programs in this state as you look at Federal taxes only and not state and local taxes on top of the eeral return. It is truly amazing how we ever survived decades ago without today's radicals.

That's a dodge... :rolleyes:

Name a nation with our gross national production. Has as many millionaires and billionaires. Since Reagan has turned from creditor to debtor to the extent we have.

First use per capita, next many corporations have an index for cost of living. I don't see how local taxes figure in.

Just MAGA/Rabid Right puffery... ✌️
Typical leftwing opinion that is refuted by reality. What is preventing you from being part of the rich in this country?? YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Corporations employ people who pay taxes, they support local communities and charities and aren't the evil you and the left want to portray

Good. Anything a fanatical Trump cultist like you would support is not anything the Democratic Party should even remotely resemble.
Aw yes, cultist like me who has no problem keeping more of what I earn to help people in my community thanks to President Trump. You have yet to point out exactly what Trump did to hurt you or your family because you can't

Progressivism = Mental illness....all you need to do to know that is to listen to the few progressive kooks that have made it into office now!

No thank you!
And stupid unintelligent nonsense void of any actual facts or argument are is all you can muster. As usual, right wingers do nothing but project

The members of the EU are much smaller and those members have their own cost of living but keep buying the liberal rhetoric. You and your leftwing friends have no idea how much is being spent on social programs in this state as you look at Federal taxes only and not state and local taxes on top of the eeral return. It is truly amazing how we ever survived decades ago without today's radicals.

Heck we were surviving just fine before air conditioners, antibiotics, and blood pressure medicines too. But modern civil societies have gone just a little beyond all that.

The US has freedom alright- the freedom of the jungle. It takes a strong stomach to keep living in it though- with folks just walking around the mall and near the schools with military style weapons, just to show off and intimidate the public and to exercise and show off their "freedom", while watching elementary school kids staying hungry in the schools because they just happened to be born to poor families. It's like something out of the 19th century like Oliver Twist or something.

Both political Parties are not the same as they were decades ago. Both have lost their way.
I always hear this. That the GOP and DNC are bad now and we need to go back to the good old times. But what way did they lose exactly? Do you need to go back to when both parties supported segregation? When both parties thought gay marriage should be illegal? Back when there was bipartisan support for the war on drugs?

Like seriously, what quality have we lost with time.

Heck we were surviving just fine before air conditioners, antibiotics, and blood pressure medicines too. But modern civil societies have gone just a little beyond all that.

The US has freedom alright- the freedom of the jungle. It takes a strong stomach to keep living in it though- with folks just walking around the mall and near the schools with military style weapons, just to show off and intimidate the public and to exercise and show off their "freedom", while watching elementary school kids staying hungry in the schools because they just happened to be born to poor families. It's like something out of the 19th century like Oliver Twist or something.
I am waiting for you or any other liberal to tell us how we fund those social issues you and Sanders deem important? States have that ability now so why do you think it is federal taxpayer responsibility to fund social programs in your stat?

We certainly have free access to airlines and transportation to a European utopia so leave at your choice. You have 50 choices if you want to state in this country and TX has no state income taxes thus more spendable income for you to purchase what you want

I always hear this. That the GOP and DNC are bad now and we need to go back to the good old times. But what way did they lose exactly? Do you need to go back to when both parties supported segregation? When both parties thought gay marriage should be illegal? Back when there was bipartisan support for the war on drugs?

Like seriously, what quality have we lost with time.
What you seem to ignore is that states have different laws and programs giving you a choice where to live. State and local taxes and programs are ignored by most on the left

What you seem to ignore is that states have different laws and programs giving you a choice where to live. State and local taxes and programs are ignored by most on the left
Ignored? California is trying to implement a state wide healthcare and UBI right now.

a ton of the southern, conservative racist democrats split for the Republican party decades ago.

of course the party is different. thank God.

Back
Top Bottom