• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#201]Your parent's Democratic Party is dead

You know that when Republicans try to tell you what Democrats are thinking? It's propaganda.

the dems of old saw the government as a tool to improve the lives the many-while perhaps, as a byproduct, making their elites richer and perhaps upsetting some on the right. Now, the main goal is getting power and sticking it to the right. Some of the Democrap tax and gun control laws are perfect example.
Ridiculous. Conservatives pretend they are concerned with the debt but when Democrats try to increase taxes to reduce the debt, oh, all of a sudden it's Democrats trying to stick it to conservatives.

Never was there a tax that only affected one political party - they apply equally. Democrats are willing to pay their fair share. Republicans can't have their taxes cut too low.

The Republican Party is on its way out.

Ridiculous. Conservatives pretend they are concerned with the debt but when Democrats try to increase taxes to reduce the debt, oh, all of a sudden it's Democrats trying to stick it to conservatives.

Never was there a tax that only affected one political party - they apply equally. Democrats are willing to pay their fair share. Republicans can't have their taxes cut too low.
democrats don't try to reduce debt.. they raise taxes to pander to class warfare sentiments while promising the masses that tax hikes on the rich, will pay for more and more handouts

truth. the hate that comes from the left is well demonstrated

That's your trawling strategy- to drop comments on the net to collect hate so you look like a conservative victim.

My parents' Republican Party is dead and was replaced by idiots who worship a fake conservative and cower like slaves when he speaks. It was replaced by frauds who obsess about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms. It was replaced by assholes who run up the debt while pretending to care about debt and deficits.

That's your trawling strategy- to drop comments on the net to collect hate so you look like a conservative victim.
nice evasion. nope

This is your democrat party now.....

Im a Kennedy democrat. The democrat party died long ago. But lets be honest...the GOP is equally dead.

When you find any "no credibility right wingers" let us know, Lloyd. All I see is "No credibility Liberals, whining.
Right wingers are all extremists and have zero credibility. Rudy Giulliani, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Matt Gaetz, Majorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Rand Paul, Steve Bannon, Donald Trump the has-been, the violent criminals of 1-6-21, Fox news, Bill O'Reilly, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, Sarah Palin, and on and on and on. Too many zero-credibility extremists to name.

Fortunately, we won't. They are so distasteful to the majority of Americans with their constant "Me, Me, Me..."
Just because your side rigs elections and jerrymanders districts does not make hateful culture war views a 'majority.'

Better yet, you cite ANY position that will help anyone.
*clears throat*

> Ending the war on drugs
> Ending the war on terror
> Ending employment based healthcare
> Ending for profit prisons
> Ending broken windows policing
> Aggressive anti-trust laws to bring back competition
> Federal privacy laws that heavily restrict both corporate and government surveillance
> Federal parental leave
> Federal child care
> Renewable/alternative energy infrastructure spending to our oil dependence
> Funding police training instead of arming police with military equipment
> Working towards more affordable higher education
> Closing tax loopholes for corporations and the wealthy
> Funding schools based on number of students instead of property taxes
> Housing veterans
> Free school lunches
> End "right to work" laws
> Automatic voter enrollment
> Make voting a federal holiday
> Infrastructure spending

Last edited:
The Democrats Party has changed, can't stop talking about trans, gays and bathrooms.

But if you think that's bad look at what the Republicans have evolved into.

Trump and Putin.jpg

7.jpg

Republicans could not win elections without the votes of white supremacists, racists, xenophobes, government haters and haters of liberals.

Take away all those votes and Republicans would lose nearly every time.

democrats don't try to reduce debt.. they raise taxes to pander to class warfare sentiments while promising the masses that tax hikes on the rich, will pay for more and more handouts
And now for some actual facts: Bill Clinton reduced the debt and Barack Obama reduced the deficit. Bush and Trump ran both up.

Anyone realistically concerned about the debt would vote Democratic.

Vote Blue in 22 or the Super-Rich are gonna stick it to you!

*clears throat*

> Ending the war on drugs
> Ending the war on terror
> Ending employment based healthcare
> Ending for profit prisons
> Ending broken windows policing
> Aggressive anti-trust laws to bring back competition
> Federal privacy laws that heavily restrict both corporate and government surveillance
> Federal parental leave
> Federal child care
> Renewable/alternative energy infrastructure spending to our oil dependence
> Funding police training instead of arming police with military equipment
> Working towards more affordable higher education
> Closing tax loopholes for corporations and the wealthy
> Funding schools based on number of students instead of property taxes
> Housing veterans
> Free school lunches
> End "right to work" laws
> Automatic voter enrollment
> Make voting a federal holiday
> Infrastructure spending
in title alone, i support each and every one of those

now how we achieve them may be a different story but I support them in premise

IMO major regulation on financial institutions, healthcare (especially family, child and elderly), education, infrastructure and voting rights are some of my top issues
after that id guess id like to see a cyberforce instead of a space force and of course police reform is majorly needed
Protection and equal rights is always a high priority along with parental leave

JFK said

And this is the Democratic Party that I supported for years, that party doesn't exist any more and shame on those who changed it
I'm sensing you're not going to be voting "blue" this November?

the dems of old saw the government as a tool to improve the lives the many-while perhaps, as a byproduct, making their elites richer and perhaps upsetting some on the right. Now, the main goal is getting power and sticking it to the right. Some of the Democrap tax and gun control laws are perfect example.
The republicans defunded the ATF department that would have restored my second amendment rights. I would absolutely qualify

So I will not vote for them.

id like to see a cyberforce instead of a space force
Actually, as ridiculous as it sounds the Space Force is one of the more defensible things Trump did. They are primarily focus on cyber, specifically satellite security.
The new, independent U.S. Space Force will maintain and enhance the competitive edge of the DOD in space while adapting to new strategic challenges.

Spacelift operations at the East and West Coast launch bases provide services, facilities and range safety control for the conduct of DOD, NASA and commercial space launches. Through the command and control of all DOD satellites, satellite operators provide force-multiplying effects – continuous global coverage, low vulnerability and autonomous operations. Satellites provide essential in-theater secure communications, weather and navigational data for ground, air and fleet operations and threat warning.

Ground-based and space-based systems monitor ballistic missile launches around the world to guard against a surprise missile attack on North America. A global network of space surveillance sensors provide vital information on the location of satellites and space debris for the nation and the world. Maintaining space superiority is an emerging capability required to protect U.S. space assets from hostile attacks.

I'd much rather we spend our military budget building up more cyber security than helping the Saudi's bomb Yemen. We need a cyber force and a space force (dumb name still) much more than we need bases in half the world's countries.

Actually, as ridiculous as it sounds the Space Force is one of the more defensible things Trump did. They are primarily focus on cyber, specifically satellite security.
I do agree with that statement for sure lol

I'd much rather we spend our military budget building up more cyber security than helping the Saudi's bomb Yemen. We need a cyber force and a space force (dumb name still) much more than we need bases in half the world's countries.
also agreed

Yes. We need to learn to be more loving, joyful, kind, sensitive, and gentlemanly- like our rightwing friends. :)

fyourfeelings.jpg

Cite a single position you believe Bernie or AOC holds that would enrich "liberal elites".
Who do you think runs the programs Sanders is promoting? where does all that money come from and who pays the administrative staff that handles those programs? Like most liberals you have no idea what taxes you pay or they fund. You continue to buy the Sanders rhetoric that doesn't even come close to resonating with reality

Back
Top Bottom