• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#201]Your parent's Democratic Party is dead

I really appreciate your thoughtful and respectful replies to that poster. Sadly, his style is to try to intimidate and belittle and to repeat the same talking points endlessly and he does it without addressing your reply and instead attacks. I want you to know that others are reading what you're writing and agreeing with you!

Thank you. It's kind of sad when somebody can't engage in a discussion on a mutually respectful basis. I'd much rather address points well made than to get into a ridiculous insult contest. Sadly, though, the propensity to lay blame, unload and denigrate is all too common online.

It's a major problem in our country. So much hatred. It's good to remember that online forums are not a proportional representation of all Americans. And there is the issue of the anonymous nature of a discussion forum, which allows people to be mean without having to look the other in the eye. Sort of like driving.

Most of America wants nothing to do with an online political discussion. Most of America wants nothing to do with politics, really. It's often considered rude just to bring it up, but we have to talk about our national situation sometime. Those who say it is impolite to talk politics never say when it is polite to do it. If we don't then the powerful just take it all.

I'm just trying to set the tone I would like to hear. We have to talk about our national politics. And we really need to show more respect for others. Many would simply take the bait and fire an insult right back. And that accomplishes nothing. Really, it just makes our impasse worse. Americans need to chill out and accept that we have a lot of different people with different ideas. We need to learn how to work together better.

People who act rudely should simply be left alone until they can figure out that is not appropriate.

Thank you. It's kind of sad when somebody can't engage in a discussion on a mutually respectful basis. I'd much rather address points well made than to get into a ridiculous insult contest. Sadly, though, the propensity to lay blame, unload and denigrate is all too common online.

It's a major problem in our country. So much hatred. It's good to remember that online forums are not a proportional representation of all Americans. And there is the issue of the anonymous nature of a discussion forum, which allows people to be mean without having to look the other in the eye. Sort of like driving.

Most of America wants nothing to do with an online political discussion. Most of America wants nothing to do with politics, really. It's often considered rude just to bring it up, but we have to talk about our national situation sometime. Those who say it is impolite to talk politics never say when it is polite to do it. If we don't then the powerful just take it all.

I'm just trying to set the tone I would like to hear. We have to talk about our national politics. And we really need to show more respect for others. Many would simply take the bait and fire an insult right back. And that accomplishes nothing. Really, it just makes our impasse worse. Americans need to chill out and accept that we have a lot of different people with different ideas. We need to learn how to work together better.

People who act rudely should simply be left alone until they can figure out that is not appropriate.
So sorry I hurt your feelings but this is a debate forum and the facts posted destroyed your narrative and it is those facts that hurt your feelings

So sorry I hurt your feelings but this is a debate forum and the facts posted destroyed your narrative and it is those facts that hurt your feelings
Your "facts" are manipulated and you leave off other facts that provide a completely different context than your claims not to mention that you get off on attacking other posters in a vicious way that is recognized in this Forum as belligerent and meant to incite.

Ok but the issue is what spending, discretionary or mandatory and knowing the difference along with the taxes that fund those issues. That doesn't seem to be the case with far too many. FIT and CIT fund the discretionary budget which is the operating expenses of the country. There is more than enough FIT and CIT to fund that part of the budget according to Treasury which I have posted links to over and over again. The other issue is Mandatory spending which is SS and Medicare along with other entitlement obligations, those are funded by payroll taxes and that is where the problem is, not with FIT and CIT. We do not nor should we have a unified budget where every dollar is treated the same and all goes into one pot to fund all the expenses of the gov.t FIT and CIT weren't created for mandatory line items
Discretionary and Mandatory budget line items
Our Founders created a small central gov't but over the years bureaucrats found a way to create career jobs and power. The power belongs at the state and local level. The problem with the left is they don't pay any attention to the state and local responsibilities and taxes always diverting to FIT and CIT Cuts blamed for the deficit, FIT and CIT cuts DON'T Cause deficits, they stimulate economic activity growing federal, state and local revenue
1653003734650.png

Both parties are changing.

The grassroots on the right are trying to kick out the endless war establishment to focus on American Manufacturing and more individual freedoms.

The grassroots on the left are also trying to kick out establishment although they are being coopted by big business.

I truly hope both grassroots efforts succeed. I think the establishment of both parties has to go.

My family strongly supported Hubert Humphery. He was the most liberal politician of his time.

Humphery single handily forced the Democrat Party to support giving blacks the vote and equal rights.

His speech in 1948 was and still is, the best speech supporting civil rights for blacks. He was a lion whose great speeches roused the hope for fair treatment for all.

No Democrat ever did as much for civil rights and liberal policies as Humphery did.

Humphery was strongly against the Vietnam War, but he believed the Vice President was to be seen and not heard when he disagreed with the President.

In one of the most ungrateful acts of all time, blacks went strongly against Humphery in 1968. The blacks blamed Humphery for Johnson's War.

Labor Unions also broke with the best friend labor ever had. (He was blamed for the riots of 1968.)

What a tragedy. The man who supported Unions and Civil RIghts more than any other man was abandoned by them.

While Humphery was the lion of the Liberals for his entire life, Humphery's good deeds were forgotten.

What is also important is that Humphery loved America and believed strongly that our people would do the right thing once they understood the cruelty of racism and the plight of the working man.

If the Democrats had a man like Hubert Humphery today, they would win by a landslide.

The biggest problem for the Democrats is their love and support for criminals.

Humphery cleaned up the corrupt police department so the city could become safe again. Corrupt cops who sold out to the mob were caught and fired. (If not tried for their crimes.)
Honest cops made the town safe again.

Hubert Humphery was my dad's favorite politician and even though I am not quite as liberal as he was I can still say he was one of my favorites too.

If you ever want to study the greatest liberal of all time, just take a look at Hubert Humphery's life.

Back
Top Bottom