• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

:rolleyes:

So we're on the same page then? God is very clear that He values the lives of women more than the unborn and views them, before birth, as no more substantial or valuable than the slime of a slug that vanishes in the sun. It's very clear:

Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

Of course there's the other, more well-known, scripture from Exodus 21:22-25 where God is clear that killing the woman is an offense worth killing for, but NOT for killing her unborn...that's a more minor punishment. There are loads of translations of this saying the same.

Wrong...David tells us in verse 4 exactly who will melt away like a snail, like a stillborn that will never see the sun...

"The wicked go astray* from birth;*
They are wayward, liars from the time they are born."
Oh!!! You are almost there! Yeah! And then he used the miscarried 'unborn' in his comparison. You even write it out, kinda....come on! You can do it!

Oh!!! You are almost there! Yeah! And then he used the miscarried 'unborn' in his comparison. You even write it out, kinda....come on! You can do it!
Yeah, they will be dead, just as a stillborn...which in now way means God literally does not value the unborn...metaphor... :rolleyes:

a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...aqs=avast.0.69i59j69i57j0l7.4005j0j7&ie=UTF-8

What is the phrase? "Like a woman’s stillborn child who never sees the sun." Who is it being applied to? The wicked...it has nothing to do with the unborn literally...

So we're on the same page then? God is very clear that He values the lives of women more than the unborn and views them, before birth, as no more substantial or valuable than the slime of a slug that vanishes in the sun. It's very clear:

Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

Of course there's the other, more well-known, scripture from Exodus 21:22-25 where God is clear that killing the woman is an offense worth killing for, but NOT for killing her unborn...that's a more minor punishment. There are loads of translations of this saying the same.

Why would I be on the same page with your silly, juvenile translation?

I wasn't done with my post. Read back.

Last edited:
Yeah, they will be dead, just as a stillborn...which in now way means God literally does not value the unborn...metaphor... :rolleyes:

a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...aqs=avast.0.69i59j69i57j0l7.4005j0j7&ie=UTF-8

What is the phrase? "Like a woman’s stillborn child who never sees the sun." Who is it being applied to? The wicked...it has nothing to do with the unborn literally...
Not literally applicable...correct. Yet it has meaning. The words 'mean' something. Let me see if I can find a 5th grader to help you....

And it doesnt matter in the context that I'm using it 'what it applies to,' it's the statement, the perspective as written that makes my point. That God is using his view of the unborn in the analogy, the metaphor. And He's comparing the 'life' of the unborn to that of slug slime...that it is that transient and insubstantial. It's crystal clear.

Not literally applicable...correct. Yet it has meaning. The words 'mean' something. Let me see if I can find a 5th grader to help you....

And it doesnt matter in the context that I'm using it 'what it applies to,' it's the statement, the perspective as written that makes my point. That God is using his view of the unborn in the analogy, the metaphor. And He's comparing the 'life' of the unborn to that of slug slime...that it is that transient and insubstantial. It's crystal clear.

Context is everything... :rolleyes:

And He's comparing the 'life' of the unborn to that of slug slime...that it is that transient and insubstantial. It's crystal clear.

No, He's not comparing the life of the stillborn to the slug.

He didn't merely say unborn."
Psalms was specifically talking about the STILLBORN. Big difference.

The STILLBORN never sees the light of day because he's already dead when delivered!

Back
Top Bottom