• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

Moderator's Warning:
If you can't discuss the topic without making it personal, don't be surprised if a mod leaves a present in your inbox.

Long story, but the one and only true message I received from Christ was to never join a mob yelling, “Crucify Him!”

Sadly, most Right Wing Christians would repeat that chant today, if given half a chance.
2000 years after the fact, all the translations, and lost context or dead languages, none of us really know Christ's message. You'd think God would see that, God would send us a new messenger to clear up all the confusion, but reassured if he did, that person would be the first to hang.

Truth is, most people don't want the messiah, because they just want the forgiveness without the judgement, so they can continue to justify living a life where the few have so much and the masses have so little.

I include myself in that, while here in America I am by no means rich, when compared to the people of the entire world, I'm in the top 10% of wealth.

My point is made. Fact is, Christians believe their faith gets them a free ticket to heaven. They think they are better than everyone else, you know, all of those who will not get into heaven.

Almost every religion thinks they're the only ones who are "right". This isn't a new thing.

Why do you say that reporting factual events (like John did) is "hate"? Why do you say that disagreeing with a group is hate? Why do you say that criticizing a group is hate?

We actually understand the writings. You’ve already proven that you didn’t even read them.
So now you say you're atheist. Earlier you said you were Christian.

Long story, but the one and only true message I received from Christ was to never join a mob yelling, “Crucify Him!”

Sadly, most Right Wing Christians would repeat that chant today, if given half a chance.
Actually...it's atheists with the history of slaughtering Christian leaders.

There do seem to be several posters here whose aim appears to be driving people away from Christianity by parody. I aways say, Jerry Falwell drove more people to atheism than he ever convinced to accept Christ as a savior.
And of course, that's ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as saying "The jails are filled with more people who attend church, than those who don't."
Or. "People who go to church have more abortions than those who don't".

Listen to yourselves, atheists. You say one wrong illogical thing after another.

Actually...it's atheists with the history of slaughtering Christian leaders.
Hmmm. The Inquisition would be evidence against that...at least in terms of #s.

You do realize the doctrine that only believers in Christ get to Heaven is no different than saying only whites with blue eyes and blonde hair get there. Right?
It's a lot different. That was one of the most stupid comparisons I've ever read.

Nothing even close to atheists' killing of Christians. 100 million in the last century alone.

And thus began the Christian hate of Jews....two thousand years of persecution, hundreds of them with “convert or die” written into the laws of the land.
Recording the truth of the matter is NOT hate...

Honest, truthful observations are not a sin.
Remember that the next time someone points out the truth to/about you...

I obviously do. Sorry if you don't.

Oh, actually based on our posts it would strike folks taht *I* am a believer while you definitely aren’t. You just told me it was fine for other grandparents to die cause yours was already dead. What part of that is as Christ teached?

Pretending you display the words and actions of a good Christian would be a sin.
Glad you finally make that acknowledgement...

Oh, actually based on our posts it would strike folks taht *I* am a believer while you definitely aren’t. You just told me it was fine for other grandparents to die cause yours was already dead. What part of that is as Christ teached?
More silly made-up nonsense. Tell you what. I'll hang with you until you start playing games. You decide.

Almost every religion thinks they're the only ones who are "right". This isn't a new thing.

Why do you say that reporting factual events (like John did) is "hate"? Why do you say that disagreeing with a group is hate? Why do you say that criticizing a group is hate?
It does seem to be the American way these days...

Glad you finally make that acknowledgement...
Odd that you dont seem to understand who the word 'you' applied to in my post. I was responding to 'YOU.'

If you want to attempt wordplay, it has to 'work,' lol.

Please source that. Otherwise I call that BS.
Sorry, I don't play that game, chasing my tail for leftwingers. If you truly want the truth, you'll look it up. If you don't, you'll say something snarky. Which will it be?

Sorry, I don't play that game, chasing my tail for leftwingers. If you truly want the truth, you'll look it up.
If your game is lying, then you win.

Otherwise, in a discussion forum, when you make a claim like that, you back it up with sources.

Back
Top Bottom