• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

You just can't be kind, can you?
I'm just saying since you’ve denied the Bible’s and Jesus’ multiple condemnations of a multitude of obvious sins, and are pinning your Christianity exclusively on being nice to people, isn’t it time you started being nice to people?
I was kind...why wont you admit it? Complimenting Pres. Joe and Dr Jill Biden as a handsome couple is very kind. How is it not? Why do you find it offensive? That is very unkind of you...and hypocritical.

I didnt deny the Bible just the interpretations of some men. Why cant you read better and understand what I've written? Is there an issue that prevents you from critically thinking it thru? (It's not unkind to voice concern.)

And yes, God's Word is all about how we're to treat our fellow man...and since you dont seem to realize that, I'd say you've got a major problem in your following of The Lord....why do you choose to focus on hateful, intolerant, repressive misinterpretations?

I focus on and try to follow God's Word...of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace. Why dont you?

You just said she was a mentally challenged teen. What intelligent person gives credence to the caustic words of a mentally challenged teen?
Correct, I used that term, it's accurate for the autistic. And such people are often incredibly intelligent. I guess you didnt really understand....LOLOL

Correct, I used that term, it's accurate for the autistic. And such people are often incredibly intelligent. I guess you didnt really understand....LOLOL
So if she's mentally competent, which is now your story, then she and her insane vitriol can be challenged. Correct?

So if she's mentally competent, which is now your story, then she and her insane vitriol can be challenged. Correct?
Where did I write that? Again, her intelligence isnt in question...but you dont seem to *understand.* LOLOL I dont know if she's mentally competent....but look at how unkind you are being...describing an autistic young woman like that.

Wow...such incredible unkindness is so unChristian of you.

Love doesn't have to be earned. It should be freely given. Jesus instructs us to love our enemies, even.

Then there isn’t a single modern conservative that is a true Christian.

I was kind...why wont you admit it? Complimenting Pres. Joe and Dr Jill Biden as a handsome couple is very kind. How is it not? Why do you find it offensive? That is very unkind of you...and hypocritical.

I didnt deny the Bible just the interpretations of some men. Why cant you read better and understand what I've written? Is there an issue that prevents you from critically thinking it thru? (It's not unkind to voice concern.)

And yes, God's Word is all about how we're to treat our fellow man...and since you dont seem to realize that, I'd say you've got a major problem in your following of The Lord....why do you choose to focus on hateful, intolerant, repressive misinterpretations?

I focus on and try to follow God's Word...of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace. Why dont you?
Just my personal opinion, but true, loving, Christians, who profess to hate evil acts, do not refer to young teenagers afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome as creepy piglets. Nothing kind about that whatsoever.

Where did I write that? Again, her intelligence isnt in question...but you dont seem to *understand.* LOLOL I dont know if she's mentally competent....but look at how unkind you are being...describing an autistic young woman like that.

Wow...such incredible unkindness is so unChristian of you.
Now you're back to wanting her to be a victim, again. Which means her insane vitriolic can't be challenged again? You'll have to decide which it is, but you can't have it both ways.

Now you're back to wanting her to be a victim, again. Which means her insane vitriolic can't be challenged again? You'll have to decide which it is, but you can't have it both ways.
I didnt say she's a victim...I said you were being very cruel about her....the opposite of the kindness you are demanding...and the opposite of God's Word...He is horrified to see you describe His child that way. It's disgusting and completely unChristian.

Your posts display an amazing hypocrisy...and you dig it deeper with every post...such cruelty. After calling me out on kindness

It's comical when atheists start defining 'true Christians'.

Conservatives were telling people to sacrifice their grandparents to covid so they could go back to Arby’s this past summer. Yknow, as Jesus taught them.

Conservatives were telling people to sacrifice their grandparents to covid so they could go back to Arby’s this past summer. Yknow, as Jesus taught them.
Mmm. Arby's. Their gyros are surprisingly good.

Mmm. Arby's. Their gyros are surprisingly good.

Nowhere in the Bible does it put Arby’s ahead of grandma and grandpa though, no matter how tasty and delicious.

I didnt say she's a victim...I said you were being very cruel about her....the opposite of the kindness you are demanding...and the opposite of God's Word...He is horrified to see you describe His child that way. It's disgusting and completely unChristian.

Your posts display an amazing hypocrisy...and you dig it deeper with every post...such cruelty. After calling me out on kindness
I'm sorry you won't be kind in your posts.

I'm sorry you won't be kind in your posts.
And I'm sorry you are intentionally cruel in yours. Such a sin against God's Word.

At least I have been kind about Pres Joe and Dr Jill Biden and Greta. And you have not admitted that I was...you continue to lie...chalk up another sin for you.

Nowhere in the Bible does it put Arby’s ahead of grandma and grandpa though, no matter how tasty and delicious.
My one grandpa doesn't much care. He would be 148 now.

Yes...and I just explained it to you. Obviously the concept of merit, or lack thereof, is such a complex issues as to escape your understanding.
You do realize the doctrine that only believers in Christ get to Heaven is no different than saying only whites with blue eyes and blonde hair get there. Right?

True but the Jews would not stand for it...
And thus began the Christian hate of Jews....two thousand years of persecution, hundreds of them with “convert or die” written into the laws of the land.

Sadly yes. If there was anything less Christian than ridiculing a mentally challenged teen, I'm not sure what it would be.

It was an embarrassment to think that such commentary came from a person who claimed he followed God. A true wedge driving people further from God. Which is the opposite of what He demands of us. We are supposed to share God's Word and such hate and ridicule are the opposite of that.
Yep, which is why I reject John, a book of divine division, the “othering” by god’s decree. IMO, it’s the book of zealotry.

The first three books are not like that. Mathew, Mark and Luke preach love and acceptance. John pushes hate and rejection of non-believers.

Yep, Christianity in a nutshell.
Not really, but the churches and members of those churches have so perverted Christ's message of tolerance and love, this is now what most think of Christianity.

Then there isn’t a single modern conservative that is a true Christian.
There are, but they are not Right Wing Christians. I’ve met them.

It's comical when atheists start defining 'true Christians'.
We actually understand the writings. You’ve already proven that you didn’t even read them.

There do seem to be several posters here whose aim appears to be driving people away from Christianity by parody. I aways say, Jerry Falwell drove more people to atheism than he ever convinced to accept Christ as a savior.

Now, you're just being wishy washy... :p
Long story, but the one and only true message I received from Christ was to never join a mob yelling, “Crucify Him!”

Sadly, most Right Wing Christians would repeat that chant today, if given half a chance.

Back
Top Bottom