• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It's not about gaining popularity among the heathen.

It's not about appeasement.

It's not about compromise.

It's not about coercion.

It's not about relentless persuasion.

It's not about getting the most likes in forums, or being "buddy-buddy" with, or praised by heathens, for being "understanding" of their stance.

It's not about being unscathed - whether it be from physical or emotional injury, or being villified, or ridiculed, or marginalized, or even shunned.

For those who think that upholding and staying true to what is in the Scriptures beats the purpose of converting non-believers,
and instead drives them away from Christianity......

....here is a sobering statement from Christ.

Matthew 10

22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Christianity is not about pleading with you to, "pretty please, see it from my viewpoint, and please believe!" Uh-uh.

Christianity is informing and explaining to you how you can be saved. Whether you want to believe it or not, that's up to you.

You have been invited by Christ. Your choice is whether to accept and take what is being offered.
Christians are simply His messengers who deliver His invitation. Making it known that the invitation is for EVERYONE!

All you have to do is call on Christ.

Your free will. No one will force you.

TAKE IT.............or................. LEAVE IT.

Last edited:
Bull. It's all about feeling you're a better person than the "other." After all, they go to hell while the so-called Christian is assured a seat in heaven. Amirite?

Being "hated" is not an accurate indication that you are a Christian. It really depends on why you are receiving that "hatred". Being annoying enough to generate dislike does not make you a Christian. Putting down those who don't share your faith so that they dislike you for it is not what Christianity is all about. Being annoying, condescending, and irritating are not Christian trait. Trying to justify obnoxious behavior by blaming the dislike you generate on being Christian is not being Christian.

It's about taking solace in thinking the people who don't believe exactly as you do will be burned and tortured. Based on the beliefs and positions you've presented on this forum over the years, I'm not sure you have any idea what Christianity is or isn't.

stopped reading there

Define “heathen”.

Also, do you think that word is meant to be anything other than a pejorative at the very least?

Try to respond without bold, colored, large fonts and emoticons please. Just plain regular default text is fine.

It's not about coercion.
It's not about getting the most likes in forums, or being "buddy-buddy" with, or praised by heathens, for being "understanding" of their stance.
It's not about being unscathed - whether it be from physical or emotional injury, or being villified, or ridiculed, or marginalized, or even shunned.
For those who think that upholding and staying true to what is in the Scriptures beats the purpose of converting non-believers,
Matthew 10

22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Christianity is not about pleading with you to, "pretty please, see it from my viewpoint, and please believe!" Uh-uh.
Christianity is informing and explaining to you how you can be saved. Whether you want to believe it or not, that's up to you.
You have been invited by Christ. Your choice is whether to accept and take what is being offered.
Christians are simply His messengers who deliver His invitation. Making it known that the invitation is for EVERYONE!
definition . . . .
HEATHEN
noun, plural hea·thens, hea·then.
(in historical contexts) an individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; a pagan.
Informal. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
adjective
of or relating to heathens; pagan.
Informal. irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized.

How ironic. Some of the most uncultured and uncivilized people I know call themselves christians, and some of the most civilized and cultured people I know claim not to be. And none of them are pagans.
It's a mystery!

:unsure:

Watch how this thread and how it is responded to becomes seen by the OP as proof of it's claims for the OP. If there were a god, it wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for this.

Wait for it....

It's not about coercion.

Matthew 10

/// TAKE IT..............or....................LEAVE IT. /// Put me down for the latter, TYVM.

Based on the OP’s posts, I have concluded that Christianity is about different fonts, font sizes and character weights and colors. That sounds great to me... a font based religion sounds cool. But, if Tosca starts using Comic Sans then we’ll have confirmed that he was working for Satan all along.

Being "hated" is not an accurate indication that you are a Christian. It really depends on why you are receiving that "hatred". Being annoying enough to generate dislike does not make you a Christian. Putting down those who don't share your faith so that they dislike you for it is not what Christianity is all about. Being annoying, condescending, and irritating are not Christian trait. Trying to justify obnoxious behavior by blaming the dislike you generate on being Christian is not being Christian.
Yep. They use their religion as a license to discriminate and hate, all in the name of Jesus.

Yep. They use their religion as a license to discriminate and hate, all in the name of Jesus.

The more they are hated, the more they convince themselves they are on the righteous christian path. With that logic, they can't lose and they can justify any obnoxious behavior.

Reminds me of the saying, "please don't hate me because I'm beautiful".

This is a very evangelical approach to the teachings of Christ and I'll explain why it is harmful.

You get a group of Christians together who are followers of the word. Nothing special there. You then tell them to go out into the world and save as many people as possible because it's not enough to simply practice the teachings yourself. We need to save people! And if you're not saving people then you're not a good Christian.

The followers go out and try to aggressively convert people under this model, and naturally fail the vast majority of the time. This is then taken as evidence that the world is decadent and falling into sin. It's evidence that the world is against Christ and Christians, and is totally lost. People react with hatred to this aggression, alienating Christians so that they are forced to flock together even tighter, becoming more isolated communities with increasing fundamentalism.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

This is the formula for how all cults work, and why the evangelicals are not trusted. Their conversion rate is fairly low yet their political voice is very loud.

I left the Catholic Church a long time ago but you never saw us Catholics going out and being so aggressive. Even our Protestant neighbors weren't that way. The evangelicals have totally alienated themselves and blame it on sin rather than their methods.

Talking about upholding and believing the scriptures "not beating" converting followers is precisely the kind of rot that has infected American Christianity. It's so conflated with the spiritual competitiveness that spawned from Puritanism + capitalism that it's why we see these huge megachurches with creepy, corrupt leaders who make millions of dollars a year by being parasites of believers while getting obscene tax breaks.

Converting people is NOT more important than following the faith yourself. Jesus taught us to lead by example. If you are upright and righteous, do good works, and follow the examples God and Jesus have laid out for us, then others will naturally be drawn to your purity. If you aren't connected to Christ and God and make that your daily practice, then your attachment to worldly things is nothing short of idolatry. Your religious army is just another false icon you've fallen for, sorry. People are not going to let a corrupt, whiny, aggressive, hateful, entitled person convert them. You're being setup to fail so that you run back into the arms of your church leader who is taking advantage of you for their own evil purposes. If you want people to really hear you, then you need to be the light in the world that can show them.

Jesus likes people. Jesus likes atheists too.

Converting people is NOT more important than following the faith yourself. Jesus taught us to lead by example. If you are upright and righteous, do good works, and follow the examples God and Jesus have laid out for us, then others will naturally be drawn to your purity. If you aren't connected to Christ and God and make that your daily practice, then your attachment to worldly things is nothing short of idolatry. Your religious army is just another false icon you've fallen for, sorry. People are not going to let a corrupt, whiny, aggressive, hateful, entitled person convert them. You're being setup to fail so that you run back into the arms of your church leader who is taking advantage of you for their own evil purposes. If you want people to really hear you, then you need to be the light in the world that can show them.

Insightful post; I agree. If my perspective on a religion is that it’s mainly about God requiring its adherents to be Used Religion Salesmen, I’m going to form an opinion that it’s a stupid religion and steer clear. After all, used religion salespeople like their automotive dealership brethren are not exactly the most attractive ambassadors for their industry. Letting their own good works do the talking is much more compelling but I think this point is often missed by Christian Evangelists like the OP.

Bull. It's all about feeling you're a better person than the "other." After all, they go to hell while the so-called Christian is assured a seat in heaven. Amirite?

How do you know how somebody feels? You don't.
But that's how you want to rationalize it.

You're projecting your own feelings of inferiority.
🤷
You're the one who thinks you're not a "better" person.

How do you know how somebody feels? You don't.
But that's how you want to rationalize it.

You're projecting your own feelings of inferiority.
🤷
You're the one who feels you're not a "better" person.

Ironic post.

stopped reading there

Define “heathen”.

Also, do you think that word is meant to be anything other than a pejorative at the very least?

If the term "heathen," is not to your liking....substitute it with the term, NON-BELIEVERS.

Try to respond without bold, colored, large fonts and emoticons please. Just plain regular default text is fine.

Can you try to go back to ignoring me.....if you can't stand my colored fonts and emojis?
As fas as I know - you've been ignoring me for quite sometime, and all is well.
:)

or, you can try wearing dark glasses.

It's not about coercion.

Most of the above is an outright falsehood, devoid of fact and history, pure projection rooted in the worst of ignorance.

Every Abrahamic Religion is about expansion, further influence over people and area. To the point of competition with other interpretations from all Abrahamic Religions. Leading to division, conflict, warfare, and loss of life over who is right. This fight has been going on for thousands of years and even in the modern era is still the leading underline ideological influence to talk someone else's life.

Every Abrahamic Religion has been through a series of evolutions, even Islam despite being so far behind the curve, that men have decided what to appease and compromise on going back to some of the earliest text compared to the more recent versions. The version of the bible you hold in your hand today has almost no direct association to what the Romans came up with. Ideas and stories of course, wording and contextual interpretation no.

Every Abrahamic Religion through the expansion you claim does not exist, has gone through evolution after evolution of coercion and persuasion to the point of intimidation in a multitude of ways including how things played out from the fall of the Roman Empire up through today. The Dark Ages and theocracy of area governments, enlightenment and colonialization of the Americas, and up to today with the majority of our world affairs having religious ideological differences as an excuse to kill. Without exception or pause, no wonderful period of peace, leading to some of the most vile chapters in human history including right here in the US.

All that "free will," is rhetoric. All of that "no one will force you", is also rhetoric.

Religion has and always will be the plague of human history because it empowers people to think just like you do.

definition . . . .
HEATHEN
noun, plural hea·thens, hea·then.
(in historical contexts) an individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; a pagan.
Informal. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
adjective
of or relating to heathens; pagan.
Informal. irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized.

How ironic. Some of the most uncultured and uncivilized people I know call themselves christians, and some of the most civilized and cultured people I know claim not to be. And none of them are pagans.
It's a mystery!

:unsure:

Read my response to Dragon Fly.

If the term "heathen," is not to your liking....substitute it with the term, NON-BELIEVERS.

Can you try to go back to ignoring me.....if you can't stand my colored fonts and emojis?
As fas as I know - you've been ignoring me for quite sometime, and all is well.
:)

or, you can try wearing dark glasses.

You're going to need a bigger shovel to get out of this failed thread.

Most of the above is an outright falsehood, devoid of fact and history, pure projection rooted in the worst of ignorance.

Every Abrahamic Religion is about expansion, further influence over people and area. To the point of competition with other interpretations from all Abrahamic Religions. Leading to division, conflict, warfare, and loss of life over who is right. This fight has been going on for thousands of years and even in the modern era is still the leading underline ideological influence to talk someone else's life.

Every Abrahamic Religion has been through a series of evolutions, even Islam despite being so far behind the curve, that men have decided what to appease and compromise on going back to some of the earliest text compared to the more recent versions. The version of the bible you hold in your hand today has almost no direct association to what the Romans came up with. Ideas and stories of course, wording and contextual interpretation no.

Every Abrahamic Religion through the expansion you claim does not exist, has gone through evolution after evolution of coercion and persuasion to the point of intimidation in a multitude of ways including how things played out from the fall of the Roman Empire up through today. The Dark Ages and theocracy of area governments, enlightenment and colonialization of the Americas, and up to today with the majority of our world affairs having religious ideological differences as an excuse to kill. Without exception or pause, no wonderful period of peace, leading to some of the most vile chapters in human history including right here in the US.

All that "free will," is rhetoric. All of that "no one will force you", is also rhetoric.

Religion has and always will be the plague of human history because it empowers people to think just like you do.

What you described are organized religions.

I'm referring to what is
BIBLICAL (NEW TESTAMENT)

What you described are organized religions.

I'm referring to what is
BIBLICAL (NEW TESTAMENT)

Cherry picking, I've known that about you for a very long time now.

Back
Top Bottom