• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

How is Sparky being hypocritical? If one does not believe in a certain set of rules and has their own mindset as to proper behaviour toward other humans, they are not being hypocritical about Christan rules of behaviour when they don't follow those 'Christian' rules.
Because he has a double standard of behavior. He demands Christians follow one standard, while he gets to follow a lower one. That's hypocrisy.

So - when a person claiming to be a Christian acts in ways that you claim to be un-Christian, that person isn't really a Christian, according to you.

This is the problem - for those humans outside of the faith, it has become impossible to determine who is really a Christian and what is the faith, because there are so many variations - variations that contradict each other.
There's no variation in the RCC.

Because he has a double standard of behavior. He demands Christians follow one standard, while he gets to follow a lower one. That's hypocrisy.

You need to check a dictionary before writing words that are nonsense

hypocrisy: noun - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform

Seems to me it is SOME of the Christians who are more often acting in hypocritical ways

So - when a person claiming to be a Christian acts in ways that you claim to be un-Christian, that person isn't really a Christian, according to you.

:rolleyes:

The definition of a Christian is stipulated in the Scriptures. In a nutshell:

Matthew 7

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Now - what is the will of God?

From that statement by Jesus, we see that.........

................................... Christianity is not all about just saying........................"I believe."

Therefore, when I say an act is un-christian, I'm simply repeating what is in the Scriptures.

This is the problem - for those humans outside of the faith, it has become impossible to determine who is really a Christian and what is the faith, because there are so many variations - variations that contradict each other.

That's still a......cop-out!

Have you ever heard a Christian denomination saying you don't need Jesus Christ to be a Christian?

All Christians are saying you need Christ. That's the most important thing.
First - you gotta have the "admission ticket."
Worry about the "seating" later.

So we have differing interpretations of some DETAILS. So what?
Why will you let that be the obstacle that hinders your chances? We are all human who make mistakes.

Like I said - you can try to study the Bible. That's one way of guarding yourself from false teachings.

It isn't me or other Christians who'll be judging you in the end. It's God.

He knows what's in your heart. He is just and merciful.

Last edited:

The definition of a Christian is stipulated in the Scriptures. In a nutshell:

Matthew 7

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Now - what is the will of God?

From that statement by Jesus, we see that.........

................................... Christianity is not all about just saying........................"I believe."
It's not about loud font or goofy emoji either.

How can it be not about Christian doctrines when God Himself had given us the Scriptures for the purpose of knowing and understanding.
Even Jesus was quoting from the Scriptures and using it for reference.

Christianity is not all about forgiveness and understanding.

Those are just part of it.
False.

There's no variation in the RCC.

You need to get out of your bubble.

The Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX), which was founded in 1970, with the authorization of the bishop of Lausanne, Geneva and Fribourg, by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre. Members of this category view many of the changes following the Second Vatican Council, as doctrinally and pastorally unacceptable. They recognize the official Church hierarchy, while generally functioning independently of them and rejecting some decisions which they perceive as inconsistent with the Catholic faith.

Just one of the groups that say they are the ones following the true faith while the hierarchy at the Vatican is pandering to modernists.

No, Gandhi said "I don't like your Christians". He took a potshot at fallible humans, which is the easy path so many non-Christians take. They ignore the fact that the irreligious are EXTREMELY unlike Christ. They have two standards of behavior. One for Christians who are trying hard to be good people, and one for themselves, who have no such standards. It is SO hypocritical.

Was Jim Bakker trying hard to be a good person? Was Jerry Falwell Jr. trying to a good person? Are all the pastors who want their followers to buy them jets trying to be good people?

Falwell is just a hypocrite who condemns gay people and then has sex with his pool boy, those mega-church owners are grifters who use Christianity as a get-rich-quick scheme, but Bakker is a convicted rapist. It's pretty hard to take the modern Church seriously when the pastors fall very short of the goals they demand of others.

Forget it, the biggest fatal flaw in the thinking happens to be universal going back to any degree of formal organization. And that is the self-issued authority to determine who is and who is not following some faith correctly, and then literally and with a lack of Christian ethics mock everyone else.

We see it across the board and it perhaps center to why religion tends to split with amazing frequency, on a long enough timeline those creating all the litmus tests enjoy watching the next splinter. Much like this OP.

This whole thread was yet another OP self-serving and self-issued in advance victory lap in determination of what Christianity is and is not. Entirely on the authority of the OP themselves. The worst part is not really how epically wrong the OP is since by history, by numerics, by splinter, by reality, by any measure the OP cannot possibly be right.

The worst part is the OP's real intention. The hallmark to religion, arrogant certitude for the purpose of judgement, division, rhetoric, and all the ills of history that people like the OP bring to the table. It is intentional, the OP never hides this.

The only difference with this OP over others with the same hate filled attitude... an overuse of text colors, text sizes, and perhaps smilies to make whatever the point of the day is.

However when really looking across the history of religion including the flavor the OP subscribes to we have exceptional evidence that the ideology is nothing more than an epicenter of getting a litany of things absolutely wrong.

This branch of religion, that flavor of "Christianity" the OP subscribes to, is based on coercion and relentless persuasion. Is based on division with intention to cause conflict with "heathens." And is about self issued capability to vilify, isolate, and divide people.

Much like the OP stands for and offers thread after thread confirming, an excuse for outright hatred by weaponizing faith.

Several factions of Islam would in principle agree with the OP, and they tend to fly planes into buildings or other acts of insanity and lunacy.

Lol. Who cares what Gandhi said. Anyway......

Corrections: That's your own quote, not Gandhi's.

Here is what Gandhi said:

“I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. "

Eh, I googled the quote and got it slightly wrong, sue me.

The point stands, modern Christian conservatives act like the money changers Jesus threw out of the temple, the flock will grow smaller if this behavior continues.

But yet you give yourself a pass for the same behavior? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
Christians seem to believe that only other Christians can be honest, hard working people. I feel that I have always been a good man, I don't lie cheat or steal, and I
give full credit to the parents who raised me for the way I turned out. They were not church going people, but they had a set of values that they passed along to me, and I try always to maintain those values. As to your remark about me being hypocritical, I know for a fact that we all have a bit of hypocrisy in us, yourself included.

the flock will grow smaller if this behavior continues.

It's not your problem.

God has the handle on it.
He already told us that only a few will find the NARROW path.

It's not your problem.

God has the handle on it.
He already told us that only a few will find the NARROW path.

If the modern Temple money changers and a rapist like Bakker claiming that they have the right path, it's going to seem to a lot of people like they are wrong, that these people use Christianity as a get out of jail free card for themselves, instead of actually acting like good people.

Also were the Christians who opposed desegregation in the 70s, like Jerry Falwell Sr. on the right path back then?

Last edited:
It seems some Christians are exactly what they claim to "not" be about.

A data breach at a Christian crowdfunding website has revealed that serving police officers and public officials have donated money to fundraisers for accused vigilante murderers, far-right activists, and fellow officers accused of shooting black Americans.

Hmmm...

Makes ya wonder what Far Right US Christians really believe these days.

You're talking about humans. Christians.

The subject is about religion. CHRISTIANITY.

This is funny - and NO, I am not pasting a 'laffing gif'

You now appear to be saying that Christianity has no need for anyone to believe in it, for the religion to exist. I do think that is actually not possible. Humans created the religion, if no humans believe in it then it is little more than some dry passages in a few history texts.

Also, as I and others have noted, Christianity has so many definitions at this time that it has become impossible to see it as little more than a bit of philosophy used to create social groups.

Christians seem to believe that only other Christians can be honest, hard working people. I feel that I have always been a good man, I don't lie cheat or steal, and I
give full credit to the parents who raised me for the way I turned out. They were not church going people, but they had a set of values that they passed along to me, and I try always to maintain those values. As to your remark about me being hypocritical, I know for a fact that we all have a bit of hypocrisy in us, yourself included.

You can't be hypocritical for not acting according to his rules, but he can and is.

The message of Christianity is Love. That's it.

All you need is Love. Everybody. All you need is Love. Love. Love is all you need!

More of what Christianity is not

But, yet, his biggest following is the Evangelical Christian base.

Of course I know her motives. Any intelligent person does. If you are saying something nice to a poster, you aren't stating a falsehood designed to incite them.
Not only is your post unkind, it also displays the sins of pride and lying. Tsk tsk.

Better "take that log out of your own eye first!" :LOL:

Hmm...

Betty nails it. They are cheering a crackpot.

Heh, that's a very poorly informed conclusion. But convenient for you, and typical.

For example, one is not a hypocrite if, they see a Christian sinning (like lying) and call them out on it, and yet as a member of the Jewish Faith, still does their best to follow their own laws. It's no double standard, even if he sometimes does sin.

Your version of it, only. You need to remember that.
My version according to the Bible...remember she doesn't follow what the Bible says...she says they are just made up stories...

Back
Top Bottom