• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

So you have no feelings about people like fundamental Christians who do believe those things?
So, you're saying "absurd notions like that Jesus is god, or that he rose from the dead, or that he was born from a virgin, or that he walked on water or made blind men see..." is fundamentalist.

Interesting.

[deleted words]

Funny how 40,000+ groups exist, all claiming to be "Christian", yet each one of those groups interprets passages in the Bible in ways that support the beliefs of their specific church. I wonder why that might be - nah, not really - if Christians can't agree, then how are the non-believers supposed to understand.

Then there is the problem with the historical reality, or not, of some random guy claiming to be THE Son of God (YWHW) in the early years of the First Century. We have zero 1st century evidence of any type that there was a man named Yeshua ha Natzri preaching in Roman Palestinia. Now, I know that some will provide us with their best evidence and I will wait to see what they offer.

There was zero need for there to have been a real human being, one who today is worshipped as the Son of God. Evidence of that is found in the number of religions based on other dying and rising deities. Why aren't they still around if so many believed in Osiris, Romulus, Mithra and other gods back in the day? Why? Because of the political and military power of the Empire and the Church from the 5th Century up thru the Renaissance days.

Though Constantine was a significant influence in the climb to power of the early faith, it was Theodosius I who proclaimed Christianity to be the official faith of the Roman Empire when he issued the Edict of Thessalonica in 380 CE.

Use your seeing eyes, Sommerville. Read again:

That's a cop-out! :)

Think of it like you're sitting watching football and drinking beer, then you hear someone yell, "Fire!"
You get up and look out the window, you can't see any smoke or fire. You go back to watching football.
Then you hear people again saying, "The garage is on fire!"
But wait, you also hear some people say, "The roof is on fire!"

Shouldn't you get your butt out of that sofa and at least go out and take a look? :ROFLMAO:

My point:

Christians may have differing interpretations but most - if not all of them - are saying the same thing regarding
the Scriptures:
YOU NEED CHRIST!

As for the rest of your arguments - you've got to create a searate thread for it if you want ti get into the existence of God.
It's out of topic.

I thought it was about getting a private jet:

Lol. Sensible people surely don't define a whole organization, or a whole people, or group by members
who go against the principles
of what they claim to belong to.

Surely it entered your mind that fraud can be anywhere?
Surely, you didn't think that having access to tons of money isn't going to be a temptation to anyone - even to a man of the cloak?
Surely, you're not that naive? Are you?

Lol - why is it said, "money is the root of all evil?" :)
Uh - don't tell me you thought there is a "money tree!" :ROFLMAO:

Lol - I hope you don't readily blurt out loud what comes to your mind!

Anyway, if you have some knowledge of Christ's teachings, you'd know............Christianity is definitely not about worldly things.
Not that we are not supposed to enjoy worldly things like gourmet eating, or hi-tech, or travel etc....
......................but, they shouldn't be the focus of our lives.

What more can I say?
Not everyone is suited for this kind of discussion.
🤷

Last edited:
Lol. Sensible people surely don't define a whole organization, or a whole people, or group by members

What can I say? Not everyone is suited for this kind of discussion. 🤷
Who determines who, and who is not, "suited for this kind of discussion"?

Who determines who, and who is not, "suited for this kind of discussion"?

Anyone. Even the person not suited for it.
Surely you'd know when you're out of your league?

Why, you saying you can't tell?

Hahaha, lol - you give me a funny visual of yourself passionately debating with a kindergarten about the ECONOMY!

tosca1: Logician Man - why are you wasting your time on that one? He isn't suited for that kind of discussion!

And you turn to me, hands on your hips, "Who determines who, and who is not, "suited for this kind of discussion"?

......................but the kid gets a plus point for bravely trying to "keep up with you!" BWA-HAHAHAHA
Maybe, he even scored! BWA-HAHAHA

Last edited:
Anyone. Even the person not suited for it.
Surely you'd know when you're out of your league?

Why, you saying you can't tell?

Hahaha, lol - you give me a funny visual of yourself passionately debating with a kindergarten about ECONOMY!

tosca1: Logician Man - why are you wasting your time on that one? He isn't suited for that kind of discussion!

And you turn to me, hands on your hips, "Who determines who, and who is not, "suited for this kind of discussion"?

......................but the kid gets a plus point for bravely trying to "keep up with you!" BWA-HAHAHAHA
Maybe, he even scored! BWA-HAHAHA
Quite childish. Posting cartoons around senseless drivel. *sigh*

Quite childish. Posting cartoons. *sigh*

Childish response you gave deserves cartoons.

Anyway - I wasn't kidding. I really got that visual from your silly response.

I'm still grinning.

Childish response you gave deserves cartoons.

Anyway - I wasn't kidding. I really got that visual from your silly response.

I'm still grinning.
So, politely asking you who determines who, and who is not suited to discuss a topic, makes you grin, and compels you to post drivel surrounded by childish cartoon characters. It appears you may not be suited to discuss the topic, and are "out of your league." We will leave that up to each individual poster to determine for themselves. Fair enough?

So, politely asking you who determines who, and who is not suited to discuss a topic, makes you grin, and compels you to post drivel surrounded by childish cartoon characters. It appears you may not be suited to discuss the topic, and are "out of your league." We will leave that up to each individual poster to determine for themselves. Fair enough?

Well - I already gave the answer to that!
Anyone can.

Anyway - here is what I said:

That's a factual statement.
Do you agree or not?

Surely, you didn't think that having access to tons of money isn't going to be a temptation to anyone - even to a man of the cloak?

Anyway, if you have some knowledge of Christ's teachings, you'd know............Christianity is definitely not about worldly things.
Not that we are not supposed to enjoy worldly things like gourmet eating, or hi-tech, or travel etc....

What more can I say?
🤷

One, it was a joke, learn to laugh at yourself.

Two, the prosperity Gospel that the religious right preaches is the cause of the type of the corruption I mentioned, it's religious doctorine that links Christianity with rampant consumerism and pursuit of wealth. It's a corrupt religious order.

So, politely asking you who determines who, and who is not suited to discuss a topic, makes you grin, and compels you to post drivel surrounded by childish cartoon characters.

Politely asking you to take a deep breath and read Yes_ Minister's response to the OP.

I thought it was about getting a private jet:

What is the OP about?

WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT!

Lol. He can't even tell that.............................................. he's not on the same page! :ROFLMAO:

It appears you may not be suited to discuss the topic, and are "out of your league." We will leave that up to each individual poster to determine for themselves. Fair enough?

EH?
How is that fair.....when looks like you're sitting on the same boat with Yes_Minister?

You didn't even notice his response was so off-key from the OP.
What you gave is simply a knee-jerk response.
And you can't even deny you gave a knee-jerk response! Okay, let's wear our thinking caps here and chew on this:

You're arguing about a FACTUAL STATEMENT!

NOT EVERYONE IS SUITED FOR THIS KIND OF DISCUSSION.

That's a fact!

Lol - I even gave you an example with you debating with a kindergarten about the economy!

Now, tell me. Who's posting drivel?

Last edited:
One, it was a joke, learn to laugh at yourself.

Two, the prosperity Gospel that the religious right preaches is the cause of the type of the corruption I mentioned, it's religious doctorine that links Christianity with rampant consumerism and pursuit of wealth. It's a corrupt religious order.

Lol. Read my response to Logician Man.
Yup - you meant it as a joke - having your sarcastic fun at the expense of my OP.

Lol - you're like that other poster who posted a stupid article and thought she had a eureka moment. NOT.
BACK-FIRED!

Guess who' s laughing now.
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Lol. Read my response to Logician Man below.
Yup - you meant it as a joke - having your sarcastic fun at the expense of my OP.

Lol - you're like that other poster who posted a stupid article and thought she had a eureka moment. NOT.
BACK-FIRED!

Guess who' s laughing now.
:ROFLMAO:

For someone who claims to be religious, you sure seem to engage in the deadly sin of Pride.

What have you done to earn this hubris?

For someone who claims to be religious, you sure seem to engage in the deadly sin of Pride.

What have you done to earn this hubris?

Lol. Don't blame me. You're the one who blundered, big time.

Ever heard of " .....turning the other cheek?"
Meh. More likely, not.

FYI

Humor.................................. is also a gift from God! :)

Lol. Don't blame me. You're the one who blundered, big time.

Ever heard of " .....turning the other cheek?"
Meh. More likely, not.

FYI

Humor.................................. is also a gift from God! :)

If you are Christian, shouldn't you be displaying humility rather than hubris?

Also if prosperity gospel is turning people away from Christianity with its vulgar worship of material wealth, isn't that a problem? What is the difference between prosperity gospel and the indulgences the Catholic Church sold in the Middle Ages?

What more can I say?
🤷
Good point, because I certainly do not judge all Christians by the annoying emoji and goofy font used by others.

So, you're saying "absurd notions like that Jesus is god, or that he rose from the dead, or that he was born from a virgin, or that he walked on water or made blind men see..." is fundamentalist.

Interesting.

Well, yes. Fundamentalists do believe those things. What do you think about people who believe those things?

Well, yes. Fundamentalists do believe those things. What do you think about people who believe those things?
Asked and answered. Move on.

But you weren't saying it to be kind. You were saying it to incite. We both know it, so why the posturing?
Do your Christian beliefs extend to all mankind, or only those who agree with your politics? I watched Lursa ask you several times about the Bidens, and you deflected, apparently unable to find a kind word about a fellow Christian.

Do your Christian beliefs extend to all mankind, or only those who agree with your politics? I watched Lursa ask you several times about the Bidens, and you deflected, apparently unable to find a kind word about a fellow Christian.
She wasn't say it to be kind. We all know it.

She wasn't say it to be kind. We all know it.
You cannot know her motives, and the fact that you pretend to says more about you than all the Christian posturing!

You cannot know her motives, and the fact that you pretend to says more about you than all the Christian posturing!
Of course I know her motives. Any intelligent person does. If you are saying something nice to a poster, you aren't stating a falsehood designed to incite them.

Back
Top Bottom