• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:20] My Brother, Israel

Not true...fleshly Israel turned their backs on God and His son to this day...Jesus is the one and only means of salvation...

5 The next day their rulers, elders, and scribes gathered together in Jerusalem,

6 along with Anʹnas the chief priest, Caʹia·phas, John, Alexander, and all who were relatives of the chief priest.

7 They stood Peter and John in their midst and began to question them: “By what power or in whose name did you do this?”

8 Then Peter, filled with holy spirit, said to them: “Rulers of the people and elders,

9 if we are being examined today about a good deed to a crippled man, and you want to know who made this man well,

10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, whom you executed on a stake but whom God raised up from the dead, by means of him this man stands here healthy in front of you.

11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the chief cornerstone.’

12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.

13 Now when they saw the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were astonished. And they began to realize that they had been with Jesus."

Just as the topmost stone of a building is conspicuous, so Jesus Christ is the crowning stone of the Christian congregation of anointed ones, which is likened to a spiritual temple...Peter also applied Psalm 118:22 to Christ, showing that he was “the stone” rejected by men but chosen by God to become “the head of the corner.”​ Acts 4:8-12; 1 Peter 2:4-7

You've quoted Acts 4 (from your WatchTower Bible).....however, you didn't post the first paragraph!

Why did you leave out the very first paragraph?

Acts 4
Peter and John Before the Sanhedrin

4 The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. 2 They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people, proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.
3 They seized Peter and John and, because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day.
4 But many who heard the message believed; so the number of men who believed grew to about five thousand.

See how quoting it without the first paragraph had changed the context of the message?

There! IT SAYS SO THAT MANY JEWS BELIEVED!

Last edited:
Not true...fleshly Israel turned their backs on God and His son to this day...Jesus is the one and only means of salvation...

5 The next day their rulers, elders, and scribes gathered together in Jerusalem,

6 along with Anʹnas the chief priest, Caʹia·phas, John, Alexander, and all who were relatives of the chief priest.

7 They stood Peter and John in their midst and began to question them: “By what power or in whose name did you do this?”

8 Then Peter, filled with holy spirit, said to them: “Rulers of the people and elders,

9 if we are being examined today about a good deed to a crippled man, and you want to know who made this man well,

10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, whom you executed on a stake but whom God raised up from the dead, by means of him this man stands here healthy in front of you.

11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the chief cornerstone.’

12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.

13 Now when they saw the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were astonished. And they began to realize that they had been with Jesus."

Just as the topmost stone of a building is conspicuous, so Jesus Christ is the crowning stone of the Christian congregation of anointed ones, which is likened to a spiritual temple...Peter also applied Psalm 118:22 to Christ, showing that he was “the stone” rejected by men but chosen by God to become “the head of the corner.”​ Acts 4:8-12; 1 Peter 2:4-7

Lol. That's really a butchered Acts 4, isn't it - when not only was the first paragraph left out of it - but also the rest of the chapter, which shows that there were believers among the Jews!

The Believers Pray

23 On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them.
24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.
25 You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David:

“‘Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord
and against his anointed one.

Furthermore.....it wasn't only Jews who were solely against Jesus!

27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.

There were gentiles, too!
So.....if you're going to lump all Jews together - you should do the same to gentiles!

If we go by your belief, NO NONE WILL BE SAVED, right Elvira?
Not Jews! Not gentiles!

Originally Posted by Elvira View Post

Anyway....

What's this about "fleshly" Israel?

Chunky, plump Jews? :lamo

Acts 4
4 But many who heard the message believed; so the number of men who
believed grew to about five thousand.

What are those 5 thousand? Ghosts? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
1 Peter 2:4-10; 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13,14; Hebrews 8:6-13

What about those? Don't just dump verses and have us try to decipher what your point is!

Explain!

What about those? Don't just dump verses and have us try to decipher what your point is!

Explain!

Isn't it obvious? In 1 Peter 2:4-10 Peter clearly identified that “nation” as one composed of persons who had accepted Christ Jesus...the Christian congregation...

In 2 Corinthians 1:22 and in Ephesians 1:13,14 that congregation was/is sealed with the holy spirit...

In Hebrews 8:6-13, where natural Israel was constituted a nation under the Law covenant, the “holy nation” of spirit-begotten Christians became such under the new covenant...

In Acts 1:4,5;15;2:1-4, when God’s spirit was first poured out upon about 120 disciples of Jesus...all natural Jews...on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 CE, it became evident that God was dealing with a new spiritual nation...then later, beginning in the year 36 CE, membership in the new nation was extended to uncircumcised Gentiles, who also received God’s spirit...Acts 10:24-48; Ephesians 2:11-20

Whatever others preach otherwise, we owe Jews an eternal debt of gratitude!

From the lips of Jesus, Himself:

John 4

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for
salvation is from the Jews.

What did we get from the Jewish people?

The Scriptures.
The Patriarch.
The Prophets.
The Apostles.
Jesus Christ.

While some people deny the connection between Jesus Christ and the Jews of the world -
Jesus Christ never denied His Jewishness. In fact, He practiced being Jewish!

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious? In 1 Peter 2:4-10 Peter clearly identified that “nation” as one composed of persons who had accepted Christ Jesus...the Christian congregation...

In 2 Corinthians 1:22 and in Ephesians 1:13,14 that congregation was/is sealed with the holy spirit...

In Hebrews 8:6-13, where natural Israel was constituted a nation under the Law covenant, the “holy nation” of spirit-begotten Christians became such under the new covenant...

In Acts 1:4,5;15;2:1-4, when God’s spirit was first poured out upon about 120 disciples of Jesus...all natural Jews...on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 CE, it became evident that God was dealing with a new spiritual nation...then later, beginning in the year 36 CE, membership in the new nation was extended to uncircumcised Gentiles, who also received God’s spirit...Acts 10:24-48; Ephesians 2:11-20

Therefore......salvation isn't denied to the Jews, right?
That nation isn't closed to other Jews who'd opted to be saved, right?
That nation isn't an exclusive club that prohibits other Jews from joining, right?

Therefore, you can't say that Jews will perish just because they're Jews!
Like all others, if they want to be saved, they have to accept Jesus Christ!

Last edited:

John 4

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

The Scriptures.
The Patriarch.
The Prophets.
The Apostles.
Jesus Christ.

While some people deny the connection between Jesus Christ and the Jews of the world -

At that time, it was before the new covenant with the Christian congregation was activated/enforced...

salvation begins with the Jews: Or “salvation originates with the Jews.” Jesus’ statement implies that the Jewish people had been entrusted with God’s Word, pure worship, and the truth that could lead to salvation. (Ro 3:1, 2) They were also chosen as the people from whom the Messiah would come, fulfilling God’s promise regarding the “offspring” of Abraham. (Ge 22:18; Ga 3:16) When Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman, it was only through the Jews that a person could learn the truth about God and what he required as well as details about the Messiah. Israel was still God’s channel, and any who wished to serve Jehovah had to do so in association with his chosen nation.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2018/43/4#s=22&study=discover

Therefore......salvation isn't denied to the Jews, right?

Therefore, you can't say that Jews will perish just because they're Jews!

No one said that...:roll:

No one said that...:roll:

Well, this is what you wrote as a response to my OP!

:roll:

Like as if no "fleshly Jews" - then and today - had converted and accepted Christ!

Be clear, will you? Which part of what I said in the OP, isn't true?

At that time, it was before the new covenant with the Christian congregation was activated/enforced...

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2018/43/4#s=22&study=discover

No! JW is twisting and taking the message out of context.

The statement is clear!
Jesus had said that salvation is from the Jews.....and I've given you what Jews had given us regarding that salvation!

Give credit where credit is due!

Isn't Jesus born a Jew? Mary wasn't a Jew? The Scriptures weren't from Jews? The prophets?
The Apostles? The early disciples who spread out? Were they all Jews? Yes or no.

Will there be JW without Jews?

Last edited:
No!

The statement is clear! Jesus had said that sakvation is from the Jews.....and I given you what Jews had given us regarding that salvation!

I've explained what I meant thoroughly...not gonna :2brickwal for you are anyone else...go back and read until you get it or not...makes no difference to me...

You're the one making the assumption on what you say, "they assumed."

Corrections: Not "wiped out." But defeated, and/or enslaved!

You think Israel will ever be wiped out? :lol:
With so many annhiliation attempt - they're still very much around, aren't they?

When did Israel become a state? 1948!

And yet, in twenty years - they beat up a COALITION of arab nations!
How can you manage that in only twenty years, without any divine intervention?
It was like the Old Testament, all over again!

Compared to other countries - some of those arab nations still in the dark ages even now - Israel had managed to be a powerhouse in no time at all!

I can't remember exactly how many times they've been defeated - but many times!
Every time they're being punished by God!

And, how many times did they win?
I can't remember exactly how many times they've won - but many times!
Every time they're being helped by God!

No, actually this has been well established by the historical record. Israel ignored every warning sign of what the Arabs were planning, ignored the acquisition of first rate anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons from the Soviets, and generally assumed that the Arabs couldn't fight because of the quick win in the Six Day War. This proved damn near catastrophic when push came to shove.

Yes, wiped out. Driven off the face of the map. And not by a coalition, but by one powerful empire or another coming to into the area.

"No time at all"

Israel has been around for more than fifty years. Generally speaking if a nation hasn't established stability by that point it isn't real likely that it ever will. So your time frame doesn't mean as much you as think it does.

Yes, they beat up a coalition of nations, several of whom' she militaries were bad jokes at best. 1973 showed a much more proper look at an Israeli-Arab War......and that, like I said before, came damn near down to the wire.

Oh really? You are claiming the Israelis murdered hundreds if not thousands of civilians? Because they had a really nasty habit of doing that during the Old Testament.

As history has shown, the most dangerous people are those who think god is on their side, because then they are capable of committing absolutely any atrocity.

Reading comprehension problems?

Why don't you want to explain?

let me guess.....you'll run off again! That's been your modus operandi. You disappear when you can't rebutt. :lol:

I've explained what I meant thoroughly...not gonna :2brickwal for you are anyone else...go back and read until you get it or not...makes no difference to me...

Here we go again - your typical "I've already aswered/explained/given" tactic when you're placed on a spot.

Nah.....you didn't answer or explain the question(s) that I asked you.

No, actually this has been well established by the historical record. Israel ignored every warning sign of what the Arabs were planning, ignored the acquisition of first rate anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons from the Soviets, and generally assumed that the Arabs couldn't fight because of the quick win in the Six Day War. This proved damn near catastrophic when push came to shove.

Yes, wiped out. Driven off the face of the map. And not by a coalition, but by one powerful empire or another coming to into the area.

"No time at all"

Israel has been around for more than fifty years. Generally speaking if a nation hasn't established stability by that point it isn't real likely that it ever will. So your time frame doesn't mean as much you as think it does.

Yes, they beat up a coalition of nations, several of whom' she militaries were bad jokes at best. 1973 showed a much more proper look at an Israeli-Arab War......and that, like I said before, came damn near down to the wire.

Oh really? You are claiming the Israelis murdered hundreds if not thousands of civilians? Because they had a really nasty habit of doing that during the Old Testament.

As history has shown, the most dangerous people are those who think god is on their side, because then they are capable of committing absolutely any atrocity.

I'm not going to go to any more details about middle east conflict. That's not the issue here.

My point remains the same:

Not only did Israel win those two wars - but they did so after only 20 years since they've established the statehood of Israel! What country can do that? And become a power house in such a short time?

Divine Intervention!

It's like in the Old Testament.

Last edited:
Here we go again - your typical "I've already aswered/explained/given" tactic when you're placed on a spot.

Nah.....you didn't answer or explain the question(s) that I asked you.

lol...hardly...I don't stutter, I don't repeat myself...nor can I understand anything for you that I've already explained...look to it...:2razz:

lol...hardly...I don't stutter, I don't repeat myself...nor can I understand anything for you that I've already explained...look to it...:2razz:

Suit yourself. I sure know why you refuse to explain.....;)

Israel features prominently in the Old Testament. In fact, the whole Old Testament centers on the turbulent relationship between God and His chosen people, Israel. The history was given for a reason - that we may have some understanding of God, and that we may learn from it.

For all the wrongs that Israel had done to God - which earned them His wrath every now and then - the Bible tells us that God will never forsake Israel.

Isaiah 54
Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

The Laws of Nature will be abolished before God rejects Israel! That's practically what He said in His new covenant!

Jeremiah 31
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

35 This is what the Lord says,

he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the Lord Almighty is his name:
“Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,”
declares the Lord,
“will Israel ever cease
being a nation before me.”

37 This is what the Lord says:

“Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,”
declares the Lord.

Actually, Gentiles (we), have been grafted because of Israel!

Romans 11
Ingrafted Branches

11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

And we are given a warning!

Romans 11
17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,
18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Christians must stand with Israel.

Our Christian heritage lies with Israel - through our Messiah, Jesus Christ.
Our heritage is Jewish.

how do you wrong a omnipotent being?

and what do you mean by stand with israel?

Still, those who practice Judaism hasn't accepted Christ. Even today!

It's okay to point out a wrong - or to criticize - even with fellow-Christians. But I'm talking about those who wishes to see the downfall of Israel! Those who want to deny the statehood of Israel - for them to have their own nation and sovereignty, and security. Those who condemn Israel, those who wishes to annihilate Israel, and those who support the annihilation of Israel.

We did. The 6-day war!

Israel is where God wants her to be.

id like for israel to remain a nation but taking other people's land and not letting the dendnests of non jewish refugees return seems wrong and not good for long term security

John 4

The Scriptures.
The Patriarch.
The Prophets.
The Apostles.
Jesus Christ.

none of that seems necessary of a god would just talk to every one and not hurt you for not always doing what it wants

none of that seems necessary of a god would just talk to every one and not hurt you for not always doing what it wants

I'm not asking for, nor do I care about your opinion, as to what's necessary or not.

I'm not interested about your assumptions.

I'm talking about the quote from Jesus Christ.

Israel features prominently in the Old Testament. In fact, the whole Old Testament centers on the turbulent relationship between God and His chosen people, Israel. The history was given for a reason - that we may have some understanding of God, and that we may learn from it.

For all the wrongs that Israel had done to God - which earned them His wrath every now and then - the Bible tells us that God will never forsake Israel.

Isaiah 54
Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

The Laws of Nature will be abolished before God rejects Israel! That's practically what He said in His new covenant!

Jeremiah 31
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

35 This is what the Lord says,

he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the Lord Almighty is his name:
“Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,”
declares the Lord,
“will Israel ever cease
being a nation before me.”

37 This is what the Lord says:

“Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,”
declares the Lord.

Actually, Gentiles (we), have been grafted because of Israel!

Romans 11
Ingrafted Branches

11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

And we are given a warning!

Romans 11
17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,
18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Christians must stand with Israel.

Our Christian heritage lies with Israel - through our Messiah, Jesus Christ.
Our heritage is Jewish.

God Bless the great state of Israel.

Back
Top Bottom