• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:199] What Americans Think about President Biden

Biden's ratings should be in the dump. He is listening to all the wrong people, far too many are experiencing economic issues from inflation, and ultimately Biden is ignoring the voter that pushed him past CheetoVonBannedTweeto.

More evidence of what the world and country thinks of Biden and rightly so

Wow. They don't like him so much that they reprinted a commentary from four months ago not liking him.
You might try to guess what the country thinks of him but the world? Until the United Nations has a good belly-laugh over his bragging you just can't know.

Wow. They don't like him so much that they reprinted a commentary from four months ago not liking him.
You might try to guess what the country thinks of him but the world? Until the United Nations has a good belly-laugh over his bragging you just can't know.
Right absolutely amazing how the world has reacted to Joe Biden, Let's see, Russia invades Ukraine, China is once again threatening Taiwan, NK just set off a strong nuclear device, France's leader was very receptive to Biden's comments about removing Putin and then there is this in this country 37% approval rating on the economy, 40% overall job approval rating. Do you people actually listen to Biden or pay any attention to his actions? Being liked seems to only resonate with foreigners like you who don't have to pay for the Biden incompetence.

Biden had the vaccine for over a year now, said he would stop the virus, so many times you called on Trump claims as lies but now Biden in office is different. Here is the reality that you want to ignore

Not only that, the Biden Admin just basically declared an end to anything having to do with Covid, and the media doesn't care, despite the fact that the numbers are worse now than they were in 2020. They just got the media to go along with "it's over, let's stop talking about it."

If that doesn't tell you something about Covid in the first place, nothing will...

Right absolutely amazing how the world has reacted to Joe Biden, Let's see, Russia invades Ukraine, China is once again threatening Taiwan, NK just set off a strong nuclear device, France's leader was very receptive to Biden's comments about removing Putin and then there is this in this country 37% approval rating on the economy, 40% overall job approval rating. Do you people actually listen to Biden or pay any attention to his actions? Being liked seems to only resonate with foreigners like you who don't have to pay for the Biden incompetence.

Hey, Don't get me wrong. Biden means zip to me. But Trump was just contemptible and is still so recent that his memory trumps any criticism of Biden.
By the end of Biden's term the memory of Trump will be distant enough (unless the disgusting con-man runs again) that Biden can be assessed on his own merits instead of benefiting from comparison.

Hey, Don't get me wrong. Biden means zip to me. But Trump was just contemptible and is still so recent that his memory trumps any criticism of Biden.
By the end of Biden's term the memory of Trump will be distant enough (unless the disgusting con-man runs again) that Biden can be assessed on his own merits instead of benefiting from comparison.
Contemptable? So rhetoric and personality trump policies and results in your world? you can turn off the radio and TV but policies cannot be turned off. You are probably right at the end of the Biden term if he survives his entire Trump we won't have much of a country left or at least won't be the world power that protects and defends your country or mine.

Contemptable? So rhetoric and personality trump policies and results in your world? you can turn off the radio and TV but policies cannot be turned off. You are probably right at the end of the Biden term if he survives his entire Trump we won't have much of a country left or at least won't be the world power that protects and defends your country or mine.

Contemptible, yes. While he was in office he was found to have paid hush money to a prostitute, defrauded the gullible with his bogus Trump University and skimmed money that had been donated to a charity to use in his campaign and to buy football memorabilia ana a portrait of himself. If he weren't a Republican President, if he was still the Democratic real estate shyster and trash-tv shill he was not so long ago, still the Democrat who donated to Hillary Clinton's campaign, you'd call him worse than that. You'd want to know why he's still at large. But nothing redeems the sins of a wealthy, powerful Democrat like conversion to the Republican party, apparently.
Make no mistake though, he might be a Republican but he's no conservative. Bill Clinton was more conservative than Trump by a long shot. And any Republican who still advocates for Trump is nearly a traitor to his party, acting on behalf of the Democratic Party.

Contemptible, yes. While he was in office he was found to have paid hush money to a prostitute, defrauded the gullible with his bogus Trump University and skimmed money that had been donated to a charity to use in his campaign and to buy football memorabilia ana a portrait of himself. If he weren't a Republican President, if he was still the Democratic real estate shyster and trash-tv shill he was not so long ago, still the Democrat who donated to Hillary Clinton's campaign, you'd call him worse than that. You'd want to know why he's still at large. But nothing redeems the sins of a wealthy, powerful Democrat like conversion to the Republican party, apparently.
Make no mistake though, he might be a Republican but he's no conservative. Bill Clinton was more conservative than Trump by a long shot. And any Republican who still advocates for Trump is nearly a traitor to his party, acting on behalf of the Democratic Party.
Really? he did all those things while in office? Interesting, how many of those supposed issues impacted you, your family or your country? All those supposed things were campaign issues during the 2016 election and none of them have anything to do with the OP here today or your inability to grasp the reality of policies and results. This thread isn't about Trump this thread is about the disaster we have in the WH created by people like you who use rhetoric to determine actions. You like far too many foreigners focus on rhetoric, personality and make claims like Trump is no conservative vs Hillary or Biden? ROFLMAO, Tax cuts are conservative, strong military is conservative, personal responsibility is conservative and all those were promoted by Trump policies.

Really? he did all those things while in office? Interesting, how many of those supposed issues impacted you, your family or your country? All those supposed things were campaign issues during the 2016 election and none of them have anything to do with the OP here today or your inability to grasp the reality of policies and results. This thread isn't about Trump this thread is about the disaster we have in the WH created by people like you who use rhetoric to determine actions. You like far too many foreigners focus on rhetoric, personality and make claims like Trump is no conservative vs Hillary or Biden? ROFLMAO, Tax cuts are conservative, strong military is conservative, personal responsibility is conservative and all those were promoted by Trump policies.
I didn't say he did those things while in office. I said he was found to have done them.
What is with you guys and tax cuts? First off, if you are one who benefited from Trumps tax cuts you're not one who needs the benefit most. Second, if paying taxes is a burden to you you need to reorganize something. The people who cry most about taxes are the same ones who blame teachers for the dismal performance of American students compared to other developed countries, for example. Strong military? Your military is a hole in the ground that you pour money into. Any idea how many military facilities you support in foreign countries? Still, 20 years, four Presidents, thousands of lives and trillions of dollars later and It's like you never put a boot down in Afghanistan. It's exactly the same as it was before the first plane landed. Before the first Russian plane landed too, actually. That sound like military strength to you? Super-powers just ain't what they used to be, I guess. Personal responsibility? Trump? Now that's a hoot. Trump flat-out said that he takes no responsibility. There was so much blaming and finger-pointing around his administration that it got to be impossible to keep track.

I didn't say he did those things while in office. I said he was found to have done them.
then he should have been prosecuted and wasnt.
What is with you guys and tax cuts? First off, if you are one who benefited from Trumps tax cuts you're not one who needs the benefit most. Second, if paying taxes is a burden to you you need to reorganize something. The people who cry most about taxes are the same ones who blame teachers for the dismal performance of American students compared to other developed countries, for example. Strong military? Your military is a hole in the ground that you pour money into. Any idea how many military facilities you support in foreign countries? Still, 20 years, four Presidents, thousands of lives and trillions of dollars later and It's like you never put a boot down in Afghanistan. It's exactly the same as it was before the first plane landed. Before the first Russian plane landed too, actually. That sound like military strength to you? Super-powers just ain't what they used to be, I guess. Personal responsibility? Trump? Now that's a hoot. Trump flat-out said that he takes no responsibility. There was so much blaming and finger-pointing around his administration that it got to be impossible to keep track.
I have addressed this many times only to be ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge reality, the FIT and CIT cuts allow people to keep more of what they earn and even with those tax cuts generated enough revenue to pay for the line items they were created to fund, the discretionary budget. Those tax cuts also benefited state and local revenue as having more spending generated more sales, property tax and lottery revenue for the states. I don't think you have a clue what taxes Americans pay and for what purpose. FIT and CIT did nothing to cause the deficits but did generate the economic activity that benefited the economy and the citizens. The Budget for military bases over the world is a drop in the bucket in the total budget but great talking points to liberals who seem to hate having a country defend them

So only the bad stuff is his fault. (The pandemic isn't ending.) Only today, a UK holiday airline cancelled 200 flights for lack of staff due to Covid.

No, just the things he (and Democrats) are responsible for are his fault. And when you look at the latest numbers on cases and 9especially) deaths, the pandemic is indeed ending. Of course, its impact is going to be felt for years if not decades....

A very slight improvement for Biden this week. But by now, I imagine Democrats will take whatever they can get.

Biden's past week:
  • Strong Approval 23%
  • Strong Disapproval 47%
  • Total Approval 42%
  • Total Disapproval 56% (-1)
Biden's past month:
  • Strong Approval 22%
  • Strong Disapproval 47%
  • Total Approval 41%
  • Total Disapproval 57%
Biden's time in office:
  • Strong Approval 26% (-1)
  • Strong Disapproval 44%
  • Total Approval 46%
  • Total Disapproval 53%
Trump's past week:
  • Strong Approval 32% (+2)
  • Strong Disapproval 40% (-2)
  • Total Approval 49% (+3)
  • Total Disapproval 50% (-3)
Trump's past month:
  • Strong Approval 31%
  • Strong Disapproval 42%
  • Total Approval 47% (+1)
  • Total Disapproval 52%
Trump's time in office:
  • Strong Approval 30%
  • Strong Disapproval 44%
  • Total Approval 46%
  • Total Disapproval 54%
Obama's past week:
  • Strong Approval 31% (+1)
  • Strong Disapproval 42%
  • Total Approval 47%
  • Total Disapproval 52%
Obama's past month:
  • Strong Approval 28% (+1)
  • Strong Disapproval 42%
  • Total Approval 46%
  • Total Disapproval 53%
Obama's time in office:
  • Strong Approval 32%
  • Strong Disapproval 35%
  • Total Approval 51%
  • Total Disapproval 48%

A very slight improvement for Biden this week. But by now, I imagine Democrats will take whatever they can get.

Biden's past week:
  • Strong Approval 23%
  • Strong Disapproval 47%
  • Total Approval 42%
  • Total Disapproval 56% (-1)
Biden's past month:
  • Strong Approval 22%
  • Strong Disapproval 47%
  • Total Approval 41%
  • Total Disapproval 57%
Biden's time in office:
  • Strong Approval 26% (-1)
  • Strong Disapproval 44%
  • Total Approval 46%
  • Total Disapproval 53%
Trump's past week:
  • Strong Approval 32% (+2)
  • Strong Disapproval 40% (-2)
  • Total Approval 49% (+3)
  • Total Disapproval 50% (-3)
Trump's past month:
  • Strong Approval 31%
  • Strong Disapproval 42%
  • Total Approval 47% (+1)
  • Total Disapproval 52%
Trump's time in office:
  • Strong Approval 30%
  • Strong Disapproval 44%
  • Total Approval 46%
  • Total Disapproval 54%
Obama's past week:
  • Strong Approval 31% (+1)
  • Strong Disapproval 42%
  • Total Approval 47%
  • Total Disapproval 52%
Obama's past month:
  • Strong Approval 28% (+1)
  • Strong Disapproval 42%
  • Total Approval 46%
  • Total Disapproval 53%
Obama's time in office:
  • Strong Approval 32%
  • Strong Disapproval 35%
  • Total Approval 51%
  • Total Disapproval 48%
Overall, I don't think you appreciate how totally meaningless these polls are. The MoE is so large and the ingrained biases so large as to render them so. Republicans, by and large, will "disapprove" of any Democrat, and vice versa. That locks in a 40+% approval/disapproval on either side of the ledger. We're really only looking at the 10% or so in between, and they simply don't have strong feelings either way. That population is so small that the noise reliably overcomes the signal every time.

Overall, I don't think you appreciate how totally meaningless these polls are. The MoE is so large and the ingrained biases so large as to render them so. Republicans, by and large, will "disapprove" of any Democrat, and vice versa. That locks in a 40+% approval/disapproval on either side of the ledger. We're really only looking at the 10% or so in between, and they simply don't have strong feelings either way. That population is so small that the noise reliably overcomes the signal every time.
Interesting how meaningless they are when they don't support your narrative. These poll numbers are a disaster for someone who supposedly got 81 million votes. Obviously you and others are voting for the D ignoring just how incompetent, lost, and senile Joe Biden is. Have no idea what it is about liberalism that creates your kind of loyalty as you are buying into an ideology that destroys incentive and creates dependence. Biden and liberalism need people like you who believe in massive gov't to and taxpayers to fund your personal responsibility issues.

Overall, I don't think you appreciate how totally meaningless these polls are. The MoE is so large and the ingrained biases so large as to render them so.
The margin of error is 2.5%, which is actually lower than most polls’ 3% or 3.5%. If 2.5% is so large as to render the poll meaningless, then so too is practically every other poll ever taken.

The margin of error is 2.5%, which is actually lower than most polls’ 3% or 3.5%. If 2.5% is so large as to render the poll meaningless, then so too is practically every other poll ever taken.
What is really sad is how many people simply vote for the D or R ignoring the policies of those D's or R's. Policies not hatred of the individual has always generated my vote and that has been the conservative policies of pro private sector, pro individual and personal responsibilities, and less dependence on the federal bureaucrats. Too many people are ignoring the Biden actions as he now appears to be a senile, incompetent President who is putting our country at risk. Our enemies have no fear of Biden as he knows his actions will never match the demands required.

What is really sad is how many people simply vote for the D or R ignoring the policies of those D's or R's. Policies not hatred of the individual has always generated my vote and that has been the conservative policies of pro private sector, pro individual and personal responsibilities, and less dependence on the federal bureaucrats.
I mostly agree with that except that I also have a floor based on character, I’m not going to vote for Mussolini because his opponent is Stalin. The more power the individual politician will wield the higher that floor is—and president of the United States is about a high as a politician gets, certainly any politician I can vote for. Which is why I’m really hoping Trump either doesn’t run or loses the primaries, I’d like to be able to vote for a Republican for president in 2024.

I mostly agree with that except that I also have a floor based on character, I’m not going to vote for Mussolini because his opponent is Stalin. The more power the individual politician will wield the higher that floor is—and president of the United States is about a high as a politician gets, certainly any politician I can vote for. Which is why I’m really hoping Trump either doesn’t run or loses the primaries, I’d like to be able to vote for a Republican for president in 2024.
I think Trump is despicable in character but understand sometimes you need despicable people to handle a world full of despicable leaders. I didn't vote for Trump on his personality but rather the fact that his policies support everything that I believe in and the world factor also played part in that decision. To deal with Russia, China, NK, Iran you need someone who has that ability and Biden isn't it.

With that last sentence, you accurately describe the bulk of the polling. MoE is often exaggerated because it depends on an algorithm with imperfect inputs. Statistically, the MoE should be discernable, but it is often manipulated by pollsters to be smaller than reality.

For example, one input is by "weighting" the sample. That is, generally, a good process, because it reduces the impact of over- and under-sampling. Say a polling sample is 50/50%, but the population is really 60/40% Dem to Rep. It makes sense to give the Dem sample greater weight by adjusting it to the expected percentage. If the inputs are accurate, the results are presumably more accurate.

But, if the expected results are inaccurate (say, more Dem voter registrations are rejected in that jurisdiction, or student populations lead to population fluctuations), that error is then compounded in the reported results. For this reason, I generally add a full %point to any MoE to account for such variance when evaluating results. A 9%+/- is a pretty wide discrepancy (since MoE is additive). It pays to be skeptical.

I think Trump is despicable in character but understand sometimes you need despicable people to handle a world full of despicable leaders.
No, sometimes we need strong leaders to handle a world full of despicable leaders. In fact, we always need strong leaders, we haven't been able to afford to vote in a nebbish (which we have apparently done) since WWII. But it is never right to vote in someone that truly has a despicable character (not personality).

No, sometimes we need strong leaders to handle a world full of despicable leaders. In fact, we always need strong leaders, we haven't been able to afford to vote in a nebbish (which we have apparently done) since WWII. But it is never right to vote in someone that truly has a despicable character (not personality).
So you think Obama, Hillary, Biden are or were strong leaders? Can you give me an example of those leadership skills?

So you think Obama, Hillary, Biden are or were strong leaders? Can you give me an example of those leadership skills?
Did I say we have always elected strong leaders? Of course we haven't, and the results have been disastrous.

Did I say we have always elected strong leaders? Of course we haven't, and the results have been disastrous.
Here's the problem however are we safer today than under Trump

Here's the problem however are we safer today than under Trump
No, we aren't--a state of affairs that both Republicans and Democrats are responsible for ... the Democrats for selecting a man like Biden as their standard bearer, and the Republicans for selecting a man like Trump as theirs.

Back
Top Bottom