• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;198]Mississippi Republican Says Trans Rights Supporters Should Face a Firing Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, can we all agree that people like this need to be completely ostracized from politics and that if the GOP doesn't actively excise people who use this type of rhetoric then they are culpable for allowing it to continue and persist within their movement?
Let me get this straight..
A former candidate for Mississippi governor tweeted last week that “groomers” and supporters of trans rights should be executed by firing squad.
I might add his political career was derailed by the voters:
Foster, a former two-term state representative who received 18 percent of the Republican primary vote in 2019
So that means all Conservatives are bad, or if EVERY conservative/GOP member doesn't issue a statement they are supporting this... nobody who failed to get anywhere politically?

Should we play this game then, do you really want too? Can I go dig up the crazy thing haz been dems say and castigate the left mercilessly too?

Let me get this straight..

I might add his political career was derailed by the voters:

So that means all Conservatives are bad, or if EVERY conservative/GOP member doesn't issue a statement they are supporting this... nobody who failed to get anywhere politically?

Should we play this game then, do you really want too? Can I go dig up the crazy thing haz been dems say and castigate the left mercilessly too?
Maxine-the moron-Waters could fill a phone book sized ledger with idiotic statements. Such as claiming the almost near fatal beating of white truck driver Reginald Denny was justified

I’m sure you will. After all, it debunks your favorite myths.
You've become mastered by your own mythology. You love big brother, when will you be buying a ring?

So, can we all agree that people like this need to be completely ostracized from politics and that if the GOP doesn't actively excise people who use this type of rhetoric then they are culpable for allowing it to continue and persist within their movement?
Well we can agree he’s wrong in terms of degree, people who mutilate kids or encourage child mutilation should be imprisoned at hard labor, like the movie Papillion.

Oh, it’s likely there still would have been a revolution; it just would have come later, or in a different form.

Is that what your magic 8 ball told you?

The fact is, without arms, there would have been no American revolution. It was arms that allowed the colonists to free themselves from a powerful government.

So you're wrong.

Well we can agree he’s wrong in terms of degree, people who mutilate kids or encourage child mutilation should be imprisoned at hard labor, like the movie Papillion.
This is barely a better statement, but I didn't expect anything less from you.

If you read the thread, you'll see that I simply said that if he decides to run again, which he can, that he should get NO support from the GOP.

Even so, I doubt you can find Dem calling openly for people to be sent to firing squads.

Is that what your magic 8 ball told you?

The fact is, without arms, there would have been no American revolution. It was arms that allowed the colonists to free themselves from a powerful government.

So you're wrong.

No, that’s literally what happened. No country remained a part of the British Empire forever. Most gained their independence through peaceful pressure rather than armed revolt.

The fact is, the fantasy that it was people hoarding arms which gained America its freedom is a bad joke, especially since armed uprising failed so miserably in places like India and Kenya.

Gee, what a surprise, totally ignoring the fact that the colonists gained massive amounts of help from France’s professional army and navy(you can cry about the colonists hoarding guns all you want, they never could have trapped Cornwallis in Yorktown without the French Navy for once not crumbling like a wet paper bag against the Royal Navy). But then again, historical ignorance is kinda your thing.

So you are totally clueless....as usual.

will you kneel when you propose?

It’s always funny watching you pretend to care about “big government” when in reality you’d be quite happy defending it as long as it promised you could keep your guns.

If you read the thread, you'll see that I simply said that if he decides to run again, which he can, that he should get NO support from the GOP.

Even so, I doubt you can find Dem calling openly for people to be sent to firing squads.
True he shouldn't. While I AGREE with anyone, left, right or center that wants to challenge and fight "grooming" we have to be clear "GROOMING" and not just advocacy for LGBT Teens.
This guy is just overly zealous and frankly taking righteous outrage at something he dislikes into evil turf.

It’s always funny watching you pretend to care about “big government” when in reality you’d be quite happy defending it as long as it promised you could keep your guns.
you constantly make up stuff and pretend others would agree to it. All we know is that you want to ban guns. You have admitted that. so why do you run from that?

you constantly make up stuff and pretend others would agree to it. All we know is that you want to ban guns. You have admitted that. so why do you run from that?
Gee bud, where, exactly, have I said I “want to ban guns”? Let’s see some evidence.

I think folks like Robert Foster should be totally embraced by the Republican Party after all it is Republicanism that is birthing and grooming these folks.

They should be inviting them to rallies and having them on Fox News and letting them speak at nominating conventions.

Lord knows Foster et al are just saying out loud what so many other Republicans are no doubt thinking to themselves.

I think folks like Robert Foster should be totally embraced by the Republican Party after all it is Republicanism that is birthing and grooming these folks.

They should be inviting them to rallies and having them on Fox News and letting them speak at nominating conventions.

Lord knows Foster et al are just saying out loud what so many other Republicans are no doubt thinking to themselves.
That is your willful ignorance of what conservativism is about, who we on the right are and what we support. YOU WANT that to be true, so any has been washed up nutcase who spews none sense you use to reinforce your own, intentionally wrong view of the right. Because actually understanding someone that disagrees with you is hard work, not nearly as fun as making blanket and hateful comments in the most snarky way.

Moderator's Warning:
I know this will come as a shock to many of you, but not every thread is about guns. Get on topic, stop the personal sniping, and no more guns in this thread. Violators will be thread banned and more.

this is coming from a guy who jumps on dozens of threads each month merely to hump my posts: usually by dishonestly misrepresenting irrelevant (to the current thread) comments I made months or years ago. As one poster noted, I obviously thrashed you years ago, you're still severely butt hurt over it, and you cannot let it go
Some strategy you have. Claim every poster is here to troll your posts. 🤡

if he actually said that with the same context , then yes he should be ostracized from politics. I am not sure the GOP can do it (they should protest what he said maybe), but voters should.

no one short of murderers should ne given a death penalty and certainly not people for merely having an opinion about trans rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom