• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;198]Mississippi Republican Says Trans Rights Supporters Should Face a Firing Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
A former candidate for Mississippi governor tweeted last week that “groomers” and supporters of trans rights should be executed by firing squad.

On Thursday, Robert Foster suggested—apparently unprompted—that “those who want to groom our children and pretend men are women,” the latter a reference to supporters of transgender rights, should be “lined up against [a] wall before a firing squad and sent to an early judgment.” Foster reiterated his call for the state-sanctioned murder of trans rights supporters in a message to the Mississippi Free Press. “The law should be changed so that anyone trying to sexually groom children and/or advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women should receive the death penalty by firing squad,” Foster told the website, declining an interview.

“Now the Godless have power and they are destroying our country,” Foster tweeted at Ritchie. “Soon we will have to deal with this directly.”

That tweet was still up as of Tuesday morning, as was another where Foster said that a firing squad was a “civilized and efficient way of disposing of evil” and cheaper than it would be to “fly them all up high over the Gulf of Mexico and push them out of a helicopter.

“Transgendered people are merely victims, it’s their pedo groomers that are consumed by evil,” Foster said in another post.

So, can we all agree that people like this need to be completely ostracized from politics and that if the GOP doesn't actively excise people who use this type of rhetoric then they are culpable for allowing it to continue and persist within their movement?

So... he's got a strong opinion?

Failure to condemn language like this will literally get people killed. It is actually chilling that the first reply to this post was a deflection on what should be an easy moral total condemnation.

Any time I hear people go on a rant about sexual issues, my first thought is: Be careful..Somebody might think you doth protest too much.
What? I think I'm missing your point somehow.

The right: how dare you suggest that we’ve normalized radicalism!

Also the right: how dare you think that advocating the execution of trans people by firing squad is wrong, it’s just a strong opinion!

🙄

The Buffalo attack has apparently become a 100 percent mask off moment for the right. They aren’t even bothering to hide their seething hatred for minorities in any way, shape or form anymore.

Dude seems like a complete douche and has some serious issues.

I don’t agree he should be forbidden to run for a office. There is not nor should there be a qualification you can only hold popular opinions to run for office. It is up to the voters to decide if this is the kind of person they want to represent them or not

I don’t agree he should be forbidden to run for a office. There is not nor should there be a qualification you can only hold popular opinions to run for office. It is up to the voters to decide if this is the kind of person they want to represent them or not
Until a bunch of them get elected. It always starts with one.

The mark of a sniveling uneducated coward.
Failure to condemn language like this will literally get people killed. It is actually chilling that the first reply to this post was a deflection on what should be an easy moral total condemnation.
****ing pathetic.
Pathetic.
The right: how dare you suggest that we’ve normalized radicalism!

Also the right: how dare you think that advocating the execution of trans people by firing squad is wrong, it’s just a strong opinion!

🙄

The Buffalo attack has apparently become a 100 percent mask off moment for the right. They aren’t even bothering to hide their seething hatred for minorities in any way, shape or form anymore.
Oh stop already. I'm so sick of the hypocritical sanctimony of some here on the left I want to literally puke.

Y'all get triggered so fast by even the barest hint of something to attack - reminds me of a pack of ravenous wolves - you don't even stop to question the validity of your faux rage.

Good grief.

So, can we all agree that people like this need to be completely ostracized from politics and that if the GOP doesn't actively excise people who use this type of rhetoric then they are culpable for allowing it to continue and persist within their movement?
Of course I can agree. Hypocritical religious right wing psychos that make these statements should be booted out of politics in the least. All these republicans who remain silent and look the other way when these hateful terrorist types spew this shit should also be culpable for anything negative that results from this.

I can't believe the crap I hear from the Trump Cult Party/GQP these days. Never thought I'd see our country dealing with the insurrection and these damaging lies from the repugs......they need to be held accountable.....period. They are angry and full of hate for people of color, LGBTQ, women, non-Christians, and anyone that is not exactly as bigoted as they are. **** them all, they are a cancer in our society and they are destroying our Republic and our democracy.

ok that is just plain idiotic. But he's hardly representative of the GOP

Really what I'm saying is that no member of the GOP should support him if he runs again. They have a tendency of letting people like this slide as long as they keep the party line. I do not think that is acceptable as an organization when it comes to individuals who use this type of language. He should not get funding, he should not get endorsements, he should get nothing but derision and condemnation for making statements like this. And if he runs again and they fail to do those things, I think that is worthy of some mighty criticism as well.

Oh stop already. I'm so sick of the hypocritical sanctimony of some here on the left I want to literally puke.

Y'all get triggered so fast by even the barest hint of something to attack - reminds me of a pack of ravenous wolves - you don't even stop to question the validity of your faux rage.

Good grief.
Need a tissue?

Good grief.

Gee bud, I wonder why people would be “triggered” by your little attempt at downplaying a political candidate literally advocating the execution of minorities?

As usual, the right spews a bunch of vile garbage, then falls back on sobbing about what a victim they think they are.

ok that is just plain idiotic. But he's hardly representative of the GOP
I'm not claiming that he is. Indeed he lost his reelection. But he can run again, and I do not think the GOP should do anything to support people like this if he does.

Good grief.
He is openly calling for people who support trans rights to be killed, tens of millions of Americans, and we are "triggered" for saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't politically support this guy".

You need to do some soul searching.

Gee bud, I wonder why people would be “triggered” by your little attempt at downplaying a political candidate literally advocating the execution of minorities?

As usual, the right spews a bunch of vile garbage, then falls back on sobbing about what a victim they think they are.
Then when someone actually takes their bullshit seriously and hurts someone, they walk it back and blame it on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom