• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:193] Trump dominates & exposes Pelosi & Schumer

re: [W:193] Trump dominates & exposes Pelosi & Schumer

Wrong!!! ROTFLOL...

He did lead and EXPOSE. That’s obvious to any school child. Trump also had Chuck & Nancy writhing like the snakes they are, with Pelosi pleading this not be debated publicly.

Nope chuck and Nancy were trying to be professionals while Trump was acting like a child. :lamo

Why would she do that it if is a winning hand?

Because he doesn't have a winning hand. If a shutdown happens, it will be because him and the Republicans WANT it. The Dems don't control congress and Republicans COULD go nuclear if they wanted to. They don't so it ALL FALLS ON THEM if the shutdown happens.

Because it’s not, and she knows it. Chuck knows it too.

The shutdown will not be beneficial for Leftists. Trump won largely on this one issue... and he has the Bully Pulpit, and he’s not a coward... he will cut your hearts out. :)

He will only be cutting out his own heart since it will be him and the Republicans responsible for the shutdown of a wall he said Mexico would pay for. If he shuts down the government over his lies, that's on him and the Republicans.

I’ve blogged the OP, for easy reference. We will see the outcome of this in the not so distant future.

You can "blog" whatever nonsense you want you cannot REFUTE the following FACTS:

#1. Trump PROMISED Mexico would pay for the wall, why should Dems fund something Trump PROMISED Mexico would pay for?

#2. Republicans control BOTH houses of congress.

#3. Republicans in the house COULD go nuclear and fund the wall themselves, they don't want to. (Most likely because they wouldn't have the votes from their own party to do so).

go right ahead and REFUTE those FACTS Zimmer. Your lack of being able to do so will be your concession I've won. :lamo

Still not addressing the OP.

Which is not at all surprising.

This is the Leftist Way. When you cannot debate... obfuscate.

Stick around... I’m here to educate the ignorant.

PS. Www.democraticundergound.comm is right up your alley. They don’t debate either.

You still haven't been able to refute the FACTS I've already laid out.

The Republicans control BOTH houses of congress and the presidency. The house COULD go nuclear and Republicans fund the wall themselves. Since you cannot refute those facts, YOU'VE LOST! :lamo

Nope chuck and Nancy were trying to be professionals while Trump was acting like a child. :lamo

Because he doesn't have a winning hand. If a shutdown happens, it will be because him and the Republicans WANT it. The Dems don't control congress and Republicans COULD go nuclear if they wanted to. They don't so it ALL FALLS ON THEM if the shutdown happens.

He will only be cutting out his own heart since it will be him and the Republicans responsible for the shutdown of a wall he said Mexico would pay for. If he shuts down the government over his lies, that's on him and the Republicans.

You can "blog" whatever nonsense you want you cannot REFUTE the following FACTS:

#1. Trump PROMISED Mexico would pay for the wall, why should Dems fund something Trump PROMISED Mexico would pay for?

#2. Republicans control BOTH houses of congress.

#3. Republicans in the house COULD go nuclear and fund the wall themselves, they don't want to. (Most likely because they wouldn't have the votes from their own party to do so).

go right ahead and REFUTE those FACTS Zimmer. Your lack of being able to do so will be your concession I've won. :lamo

This is what I mean by educating the ignorant. You fail at the most basic level, but that is not surprising... for you’re a Democrat... which is synonymous with “ignorant”.

In the Senate, you need 60-votes. That means Democrats must join in.

No Democrat assistance on the wall, and Trump will force them to join in. And he will. :)

Your Open Border day’s are coming to an end... one way or another.

The following will make an excellent political ad.

That televised meeting was awesome... as Trump cornered Chuck & Nancy.

Trump revealed Democrats do not want The Wall built at any cost.

Trump revealed he will force the Leftists hands... with a shutdown... and Democrats will lose this one too... miserably.

For the wigged-out Leftists... ROTFLOL... let’s remind you... THIS is the issue which catapulted him to the front of the pack.

And Nancy also illustrated the effectiveness of Trump’s tact, by pleading for this to be hidden behind closed doors. THAT... was a fatal error... indicating the weakness of the Leftist position.

****ing brilliant job by Trump once again.

To my Leftists friends. You have Congress now... And it’s going to be a looooong two years for you folks. Trump is going to squeeze your whacked-out party... exposing it for the moronic, anti-American entity it is...

... and he will have fun doing it!!! ROTFLOL...

This was just a showcase of coming attractions... ROTFLOL...

height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg

Trump announcing his candidacy... replete with a litany of references to the mass of illegal invaders... which must be stopped. It won him the candidacy.

You must have been watching a whole ‘nother meeting because Trump got pummeled in the one I watched. Trump set up the whole show so he could demonstrate his nonexistent power over opposition members of Congress and ended up getting bi** slapped, repeatedly. Pelosi was first, naming the “Trump shutdown”, followed by Schumer talking about WaPo’s recent Pinocchio score on Trump’s recent lies, and the fact that Trump has only spent a very small fraction of the $1.3B Congress gave him last year, saying if it was good enough last year it’s good enough this year. Trump tried to recover by touting fake numbers written on a piece of paper and citing complete BS statistics, Pelosi responded by suggesting they take their conversation private. Dum Dum Trump then says he wants transparency and Pelosi says they should speak privately because she doesn’t want to embarrass him by pointing out all his lies publicly.

Game, set, match.

you right wingers truly are full of ****. Trump was made to look like a child and a complete idiot in that meeting

Trump exposed Chuck & Nancy, and had Nancy pleading for the issue to be debated behind closed doors.

Why?

ROTFLOL... we know why.

This is a losing issue for Democrats. BIG TIME.

It is one massive reason Hillary Clinton is not in the White House, and Trump is.

Remember Trump’s announcement? You Leftists thought that was it.

It was... but 180 degrees from your expectations.

You folks are playing with an inferno, and you do not seem to understand it.

That’s OK... I like it when Leftists commit political suicide.

This is what I mean by educating the ignorant. You fail at the most basic level, but that is not surprising... for you’re a Democrat... which is synonymous with “ignorant”.

Nope, I've stated all facts. You've gone with ignorance. Here, free of charge I'll even educate you (You can thank me later):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

In the Senate, you need 60-votes. That means Democrats must join in.

The Senate can go nuclear so you are incorrect. See link.

No Democrat assistance on the wall, and Trump will force them to join in. And he will. :)

No need to since Republicans could go nuclear and vote for the wall themselves.

Your Open Border day’s are coming to an end... one way or another.

/yawn, I just wish your dishonest comments would come to an end, but alas they continue.

You must have been watching a whole ‘nother meeting because Trump got pummeled in the one I watched. Trump set up the whole show so he could demonstrate his nonexistent power over opposition members of Congress and ended up getting bi** slapped, repeatedly. Pelosi was first, naming the “Trump shutdown”, followed by Schumer talking about WaPo’s recent Pinocchio score on Trump’s recent lies, and the fact that Trump has only spent a very small fraction of the $1.3B Congress gave him last year, saying if it was good enough last year it’s good enough this year. Trump tried to recover by touting fake numbers written on a piece of paper and citing complete BS statistics, Pelosi responded by suggesting they take their conversation private. Dum Dum Trump then says he wants transparency and Pelosi says they should speak privately because she doesn’t want embarrass him by pointing out all his lies publicly.

Game, set, match.

Seems you’ve been consuming a lot of the Goebbels Media propaganda. That’s too bad for you.

You probably thought Hillary was going to win too.

Obviously 1.3 isn’t good enough this year when it’s a 25 Billion project.

Trump exposed Chuck & Nancy, and had Nancy pleading for the issue to be debated behind closed doors.

Funniest post of the day!!!!! :mrgreen:

That had me in stitches. :lamo :lol:

Still not addressing the OP.

Which is not at all surprising.

This is the Leftist Way. When you cannot debate... obfuscate.

Stick around... I’m here to educate the ignorant.

PS. Www.democraticundergound.comm is right up your alley. They don’t debate either.

lol

I'm not impressed by your powers of "education". The Republicans had 2 years to get funding for the wall and couldn't. 2 years they controlled House, Senate, and White House and they couldn't get it done. 2 years, and no movement. It's because there's not even enough support within the GOP to pass it. It's not the "Democrats" fault. Furthermore, Trump demonstrated his petulant attitude. Not only were the Republicans not capable of passing funding for the wall when they owned everything, now that the Dems will take the House and offer more resistance, Trump is throwing temper tantrums and threatening to shut down the government if he doesn't get his way.

Trump showed his true colors at that meeting, and it's one of a narcissistic cry baby.

Well then Trump better get on getting that check from Mexico huh? Otherwise Republicans will be at fault for yet another Shutdown. :lamo

Nope, I've stated all facts. You've gone with ignorance. Here, free of charge I'll even educate you (You can thank me later):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

The Senate can go nuclear so you are incorrect. See link.

No need to since Republicans could go nuclear and vote for the wall themselves.

/yawn, I just wish your dishonest comments would come to an end, but alas they continue.

Stealing my lines I see. ROTFLOL... and you do not understand what you post.

Let me help you... and once again, you can thank me later.

From your own source:

In November 2013, Senate Democrats led by Harry Reid used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, but not for the Supreme Court[1]. In April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court and the nomination of Neil Gorsuch ending the debate[2].[3][4]

As of January 2018, a three-fifths majority vote is still required to end debates on legislation.[5]

Which brings us back to Leftists coming on board or suffering the consequences. And that was obvious from Pleading Pelosi.

Stealing my lines I see. ROTFLOL... and not understand what you post.

Let me help you... and once again, you can thank me later.

Sorry let me help you out again.

They can go nuclear and eliminate the 3/5 majority vote. Republicans after all control the senate to do so. You're welcome and my education to you is free of charge.

well then trump better get on getting that check from mexico huh? Otherwise republicans will be at fault for yet another shutdown. :lamo

usmca.

PS. How did the last shutdown work out for Democrats? ROTFLOL...

usmca.

PS. How did the last shutdown work out for Democrats? ROTFLOL...

Worked well for Dems since they regained the House in 2018.

and when the usmca gets the money needed from that agreement, then Trump can have his wall. Not a second sooner.

Trump really came off as a petulant baby in that meeting. And we see that he's willing to shut down the government to get his way, like some toddler throwing a tantrum. Pelosi even got him to own the looming government shutdown and put it on his shoulders. He'll shut down the government if he's not given exactly what he wanted.

The Republicans owned Congress and the White House for 2 years, so why couldn't they have gotten the wall funding passed earlier? There's not even enough support within their own party to get it done. But now it's the Democrats fault because...well it's an easy scapegoat. But we all know now it's all on Trump, he'll cry and whine and shut the government down unless he gets exactly what he wants.

Do you really not understand that if he got every single republican vote a bill that funds the border wall could not be had. Seriously.
You need 60 votes in the senate. Do we have 60 republicans in the senate?

Do you really not understand that if he got every single republican vote a bill that funds the border wall could not be had. Seriously.

You do realize the senate can go nuclear on this issue and get rid of the 60 vote rule right? They don't want to, and for good reason. So yes, the Republicans (if they REALLY wanted the wall) could go nuclear and then vote to fund it.

And yet here we sit. Republicans controlled House and Senate and how many times have they even attempted to fund the wall?

lol

Do you not understand that Republican leadership could never get the wall funded, never seriously tried to, while they were in charge. Now that the Dems are taking the House, y'all are just using it as convenient scapegoating because Republicans couldn't get anything done when they were in charge.

And yet here we sit. Republicans controlled House and Senate and how many times have they even attempted to fund the wall?

lol

Do you not understand that Republican leadership could never get the wall funded, never seriously tried to, while they were in charge. Now that the Dems are taking the House, y'all are just using it as convenient scapegoating because Republicans couldn't get anything done when they were in charge.

You still can't fathom that to pass a bill that you would need 9 democrats to vote yes on it.
But yet you try to say republicans control things why don't they get things passed. its laughable

Jeez, you and zimmer dont really understand the whole nuclear option do you guys...

why-senate-republicans-arent-listening-to-trumps-pleas-to-go-nuclear

Trump pushes Republicans to use ‘nuclear option’ on border

Trump tried to get Republicans to use the nuclear option, Repubs refused because a wall makes NO FREAKING SENSE...Both Pelosi and Schumer agreed with Trump during the meeting they wanted stronger border control...Just not a wall.

You still can't fathom that to pass a bill that you would need 9 democrats to vote yes on it.
But yet you try to say republicans control things why don't they get things passed. its laughable

Oh noes! You mean our system was based on compromise. They merely had to get 9 Dems to support their bill (assuming that all Repubs would have voted yes for the wall funding, which isn't likely). So Republicans controlled bought chambers of the Congress and they couldn't work to gain just 9 little votes.

What's laughable is that the Republicans controlled everything, but didn't have the leadership to get anything passed. The Republicans could have 60 Senators, we still wouldn't see a bill funding the wall.

Trump wouldn't need 9 Democrats to vote yes if the Republicans went Nuclear...Do you know how the Nuclear option works?

Seems you’ve been consuming a lot of the Goebbels Media propaganda. That’s too bad for you.

You probably thought Hillary was going to win too.

Seems you don’t know what you’re talking about. Read the transcript. Trump tried to bully and show off and he ended up making a fool of himself, as usual.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/A98E8D6C-FD86-11E8-95C1-5E5DFA743B98

“THE PRESIDENT: It’s called transparency.

HOUSE SPEAKER-DESIGNATE PELOSI: I know. But it’s not transparency when we’re not stipulating to a set of facts. And when we wanted to have a debate with you about saying we’d confront some of these facts --”

Seems you don’t know what you’re talking about. Read the transcript. Trump tried to bully and show off and he ended up making a fool of himself, as usual.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/A98E8D6C-FD86-11E8-95C1-5E5DFA743B98

“THE PRESIDENT: It’s called transparency.

HOUSE SPEAKER-DESIGNATE PELOSI: I know. But it’s not transparency when we’re not stipulating to a set of facts. And when we wanted to have a debate with you about saying we’d confront some of these facts --”

I watched it. More than once.

I enjoyed watching it.

Pelosi and Schumer exposed themselves, and Pelosi’s pleading to deal with this behind closed doors illustrated what a loser it is for Democrats.

If it was a winner for Leftists they would have eagerly engaged.

They didn’t.

Wonderful... ROTFLOL.

You do realize the senate can go nuclear on this issue and get rid of the 60 vote rule right? They don't want to, and for good reason. So yes, the Republicans (if they REALLY wanted the wall) could go nuclear and then vote to fund it.

They could, but that is busting a couple centuries of Senate decorum.

We’ll wait for Democrats to do that. You folks are good at it.

Until then, Trump can slam Democrats all over the place... and he will.

PS. Do you hear the Leftist media even whisper the use of the Nuclear Option? No... you... do... not.

Why is that? ROTFLOL...

Nice try though. ROTFLOL...

PSPS. You ignore the education I provided you through your very own link. You seem to enjoy wading in ignorance. Not surprising... you’re a Leftist.

1. Yes... he did say he would take responsibility for shutting down the government... until Democrats come to their senses and fund what he was elected for.

Great straight forward tactic. He let the nation know he would shut it down... for the Democrats failings. That was obvious, except to the deaf, dumb and blind.

2. Senate requires 60-votes. That means 10 D’s. this is lost on you, and the person who liked your post... because you’re both ignorant. I’ve just helped fill that massive void of ignorance...

You both can thank me later.

PS. This was a huge Trump win... as the Chuck & Nancy Show was exposed in public... with Nancy begging for this not to be debated publicly... ROTFLOL...

The democrats are pressuring trump to honor his election promise! trump promised SEVERAL TIMES that he would build a wall and MEXICO WOULD PAY FOR IT.

Now almost 2 years after having full control of the senate and the house, trump is threatening the democrats that if they don't approve a wall that AMERICANS would pay for , he is going to shut down government - force millions of Americans out of their jobs - and costing the US economy OVER $5 BILLION!!!

This is not a win for trump. Even Pence just sat there with his jaw on the ground. He didn't say one word during this meeting. He just sat there thinking 'keep ranting donny and I will be president in 2019".

Back
Top Bottom