• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1889] Minnesota police fatally shot Black man after traffic stop, family says; crowd holds protest

I was skeptical as well (as we all should be). In the heat of the moment, under pressure, people make split second decisions - often ones that in hindsight are stupid. In this case, two people did so - the suspect and the officer.

They released the bodycam footage. I would encourage you to watch it. The officer clearly thought she was going to use her taser, and was in shock when she realized her mistake.

When I slowed down the video to get the timestamps what surprised me was that within the same second as she's screaming holy shit I shot him!! her right had appears on the back door and her weapon is gone. Her left hand is raised which you can see in the reflection. It truly doesn't seem like she would have had time to holster it so that leaves that she dropped it to the ground. Her left hand appears in the next second and it's still holding the paper she had from the beginning of the arrest.

right hand.png

You're the emotional one, so don't speak for me pal. Keep your nonsense to yourself.

If you do not want push back on your unreasoned posts, don't post as such.

Peace

Ha ha, it takes balls to say the offender ****ed up? No, it takes balls to say the cops ****ed up. Any jerk can jump on the offender.

I've been saying that the entire ****ing thread, learn how to read. You havent said ****all about the offender

BTW, saying the officer ****ed up is not saying the offender is a great guy.
She messed up. Now lets admit that had he not had expired tags that he didn't bother to get, that he had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court, that he fought free as police attempted to cuff him, jumped into his car in an attempt to get free. Now all of that is criminal behavior going from bad to worse and the left just want to ignore that his behavior created the situation. The police woman made a tragic error, I doubt it was her intention to shot him but she will have to deal with the justice system now. The dead man, made several errors and he suffered the harshest puninshment. If looking at cause and effect mean anything the young man contributed substantially to what happened. No he shouldn't have had to die but when will the left face the facts that there are consequences for bad judgment and being involved in lawless behavior. He would be alive if, he had his tags, if he didn't have a warrant for failure to appear related to possession of an illegal firearm, if he had not resisted being cuffed, if he hadn't jumped into his car and tried to evade arrest. When is he responsible for his choices? Teach people to obey the law instead of encouraging them to fight agains the law and against police.

Just as soon as some of these LEFT WING posters.....acknowledge that allowing criminals to avoid arrest, because they don't like being arrested, is a ****ed up and shitty policy....

Ready? You go first.
I don't think any weapons needed to be involved.... Period !!! There were other ways to handled the situation. There were other officers on the scene, so shooting first should not be the first choice!!!

Now, you can spin that any way you want.

You see
I did watch it. It just seems...off.

LOL. You're on another thread right now arguing that Police have every right to execute people for crimes while they are in commission.
Nah. No hypocrisy there at all.
Thats not a good look.

She messed up. Now lets admit that had he not had expired tags that he didn't bother to get, that he had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court, that he fought free as police attempted to cuff him, jumped into his car in an attempt to get free. Now all of that is criminal behavior going from bad to worse and the left just want to ignore that his behavior created the situation. The police woman made a tragic error, I doubt it was her intention to shot him but she will have to deal with the justice system now. The dead man, made several errors and he suffered the harshest puninshment. If looking at cause and effect mean anything the young man contributed substantially to what happened. No he shouldn't have had to die but when will the left face the facts that there are consequences for bad judgment and being involved in lawless behavior. He would be alive if, he had his tags, if he didn't have a warrant for failure to appear related to possession of an illegal firearm, if he had not resisted being cuffed, if he hadn't jumped into his car and tried to evade arrest. When is he responsible for his choices? Teach people to obey the law instead of encouraging them to fight agains the law and against police.
He is responsible for his choice, and his choice was a dumb choice. I think they could have handled it different. I don't know what that different should or could be, but there have been situation of non compliance, that did not result in people dying.

Last edited:
I don't think any weapons needed to be involved.... Period !!! There were other ways to handled the situation. There were other officers on the scene, so shooting first should not be the first choice!!!

Now, you can spin that any way you want.

Dumb Duante sure could have handled the situation differently.
I just feel bad for poor Officer Potter, a good cop now ruined by the actions of a 2 bit punk, and her own horrible mistake.
She'll be scarred by this.

I don't give a shit what he did. We don't pay our police officers to act as judge and jury. That's the whole point. I don't expect much from a law breaker. I expect a lot from the cops. They're paid to keep their shit together.

I don't give a shit what he did.

Thats obvious.
You are here to find fault with the Police no matter what. We know that. No need to tell us. We believe you.

Dumb Duante sure could have handled the situation differently.
I just feel bad for poor Officer Potter, a good cop now ruined by the actions of a 2 bit punk, and her own horrible mistake.
She'll be scarred by this.
talk to other posters... I don't care to interact with you

There are a lot of things you're unaware of, apparently, including any claim from me that "driving away from a policeman represented a threat." This pond is chock-full of red herring today.
A person running for police in their vehicle poise a HUGE risk to everyone on the road. Those usually end in hard T-boning innocent people in another vehicle.

Daunte Wright had an outstanding warrant for gross misdemeanor carrying a pistol without a permit and misdemeanor fleeing police.

The warrant was issued on April 2 after he failed to appear for court, Hrapsky said.

Sounds like he previously got away with running from police without being shot - while carrying an illegal pistol. This time, it's sounding like they shot him as soon as it looked like he might clee - though we really need to see the bodycam footage. If they shot him simply because he ran, I don't see how this goes differently than the cop who was charged with murder in SC - but there certainly may be more to the story.

Absolute reason to believe he likely had a pistol in the vehicle and was going to resist arrest.

Officer arrested, charged with second-degree manslaughter in killing of Daunte WrightThe charge carries maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.
By Matt McKinney Star Tribune

APRIL 14, 2021 — 3:18PM
potter77.jpg

HENNEPIN COUNTY JAIL
Kimberly A. Potter was booked into the Hennepin County jail on Wednesday.

Former Brooklyn Center police officer Kimberly A. Potter was arrested late Wednesday morning at the offices of the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the agency said in a statement.

https://wgntv.com/news/minnesota-co...slaughter-in-fatal-shooting-of-daunte-wright/

What was the pressure on the officer? Did the offender have a firearm? Did he pull a knife? Any pressure she felt was self-made. You have to wonder if she wasn't on something?
Surely you are not serious. A person with a warrant for his arrest for multiple offenses involving firearms attempting to flee in a car with another person? And now resisting arrest?

I can find it, but remember an officer telling of seeing a car traveling at a high rate of speed the wrong way on the Interstate. He turned around to give chase, with the person in the vehicle ignoring him even getting beside - then having to drop back to clear a lane for cars and trucks going the other way - meaning a combined speed approaching around 170 mph if a head-on. Time and again he got beside the car with siren on and shouting into the loud speaker.
Until he hit a car with an entire family in it, killing all of them and himself.

He quit policing. He could have shot the driver - but of course that is forbidden.

Because he didn't shot a fleeing person in a vehicle everyone in that family died. So did the person who caused it. But I've noticed many progressives never really care about REAL victims or potential victims of criminals nor the police - only that the criminal isn't harmed.

An entire family died under the "don't shoot just because someone with warrants is fleeing in a vehicle." Not shooting to stop a fleeing suspect or criminal is declaring you are fine with innocent people crippled for life or killed by being T-bones at extreme speed.

Surely you are not serious. A person with a warrant for his arrest for multiple offenses involving firearms attempting to flee in a car with another person? And now resisting arrest?

Hey, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. And she couldn't handle a lit match let alone the kitchen.

Hey, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Too bad you couldn't tell that to the criminal, though I don't think he'd have listened to you.

Well, police were called to a report of a 'man with a gun'. He was charged with having a pistol without a permit AND fleeing police, then he failed to come to court.
That is nothing like the horseshit you've been screaming. When caught lying you do an "about face".

I am done with you.

This is her partners taser in it's holster, and her pointing her weapon. The taser has some yellow but the top looks to be black which imo should not exist on any tasers. Bright colors like yellow, orange or green. Unlike the orange safety tips kid pull off or paint black it should be a required standard for all LE to have bright colors. The second is as she pointed the weapon before firing. Unfortunately we know there have been at least 15 instances of officers pulling their weapons vs tasers. Fortunately most of those didn't kill anyone.

View attachment 67328641 View attachment 67328642
The Taser should be mainly a single/double yellow/green bright color as possible

According to this article “Motor memory” can come into play.
That makes a lot of sense. They also receive training to focus on the subject which would account for her holding the weapon in front of her, and not seeing it. Instinct came into play in a very fast moving situation.

That cop showed far more restraint than I would have.
And somehow I'm sure that there are plenty of liberals who think the guy was justified in that ridiculous behavior. The cop could have pulled his service weapon and shot him and been well within the law. He didn't and that's to his credit, but what if the idiot had run over the cop as he fled, or had gone a block further and run over a pedestrian. I'm sure in that event they wouldn't have blamed the idiot either. These situations almost always start because of the person that winds up shot, tazed, held on the ground with a choke hold and the left never sees them with fault.

Back
Top Bottom