• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] [W:18]Madeleine Albright, first female secretary of state, dies at 84

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Albright died of cancer, her family said, adding that she was "surrounded by family and friends" at the time.

Then-President Bill Clinton named Albright the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations shortly after he was inaugurated in 1993, and nominated her as the secretary of state three years later. She was confirmed in 1997 by a vote of 99-0. At the time, she was the highest-ranking woman in the history of the U.S. government.

RIP, Madame Secretary.

I support her handling of the Elian situation.

She was a brilliant and classy lady. I’m glad she immigrated to the United States and that we got to keep her for as long as we did. Rest In Peace.
a guy I grew up with married into her family. Though it's been years since I last saw him, he had nothing but good things to say about her. That'g good enough for me. RIP

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Double down why don't you?

The woman was scum. Hate speeching scum and a war criminal who profited from the wars she jingoed for. Just because you die that shouldn't be air brushed out of the history.

That " liberals" like yourself are falling over yourselves to bestow flowers on her is embarrassing for you, or should be.

Moderator's Warning:
To quote the rules of the forum: With the recognition that the passing of political leaders (and other figures) can be a tumultuous time stirring up a variety of feelings, from sorrow to elation, the Mod Team has worked to find a solution that will allow all facets of discussion concerning a person’s death to be civil. New threads with a thread tag, the “R.I.P.” tag, should be treated with the same general respect and etiquette one would show at a funeral. It is a thread for members to express their grief or condolences and to speak about the dead or the family of the dead in a respectful way free of mudslinging. The same story that is used in a R.I.P thread may be used to create a standard thread about the matter as well (and vice versa). Conversation in this thread will run per the normal rules of Debate Politics. Personal attacks about individuals speaking ill of the dead, as per the standard rules, will not be allowed. As long as the discussion remains within the rules and on topic, it is fair game.

I strongly recommend following that.

Back
Top Bottom