• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:171] AOC and ‘Squad’ Defund Israel’s Iron Dome Defence System from Democrats’ $1Bn Spending Bill

He was referring to the many people who were there.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

Reporter: "Sir, I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying."

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.

This is an example of the left trying to argue that 2+2=5. They so want it to be that Trump called White Supremacists "very fine people". But, he didn't, ever in his life, do that. So they lie. The real disgusting thing is that the media lied about it too. What use is the media if they will lie to promote one party over another?

That’s entirely what the glorification of the Arabs in Palestine is about. They are glorified as freedom fighters when they are actually primitive peoples who are lashing out of resentment over the success of the Israelis
You are entirely clueless, and you ignorant bigotry is evident to anyone reading your posts. Those 'primitive people' introduced the West to mathematics and developed sophisticated civilisations while your ancestors were still living in caves. Those 'primitive people' developed sustainable agriculture, irrigation and a host of inventions you regard as commonplace today.

You are entirely clueless, and you ignorant bigotry is evident to everyone reading your posts. Those 'primitive people' introduced the West to mathematics and developed sophisticated civilisations while your ancestors were still living in caves. Those 'primitive people' developed sustainable agriculture, irrigation and a host of inventions you regard as commonplace today.
The arabs now living in Palestine introduced the modern west to mathematics. Ok. Whatevs dude. Did they teach the Mayans this too? 🙄

Wrong. The Arabs have always been primitive and poor.

So when an advanced society develops on the same land mass it causes the more backward people to assume that success was rightfully theres and it was stolen from them. It would not. Arabs living in Palestine would not have created an advanced society if given any amount of time. So nothing was stolen from them.
How much more sheer ignorance are you going to display which your 'advanced' society has taught you?

You are entirely clueless, and you ignorant bigotry is evident to anyone reading your posts. Those 'primitive people' introduced the West to mathematics and developed sophisticated civilisations while your ancestors were still living in caves. Those 'primitive people' developed sustainable agriculture, irrigation and a host of inventions you regard as commonplace today.
lol your link says Muslims invented airplanes!

I encourage everyone to read this nonsense this guy I’m quoting cited. His source says Muslims invented the plane and their evidence is some idiot who put on a bird suit and broke his neck falling from a roof! You can’t make this stuff up! 😆

How much more sheer ignorance are you going to display which your 'advanced' society has taught you?
Have you tried putting feathers on your arms and flapping like a bird? You may really invent the next big thing if your link is to be believed!

5188B7E1-EB11-4F4D-97C1-1227C703AB1C.pngStupid white Christians! They didn’t even invent the flying machine before 1903. Dumb honkeys and their contraptions. While honky was living in caves the Arabs invented flight!

You can’t make this stuff up!

By the way, number one on this list is surgery, and it also credits Muslims with inventing forecepts and the C-section.

Wrong, Forecepts were used by the Romans, what for? Surgery! C-sections are first recorded in Ancient China. Lol you really didn’t do any research did you?

The moderates Manchin and Sinema, as obvious puppets of the US Chamber of Commerce, will be infinitely more culpable for any pending Republican sweep given they are hellbent on hamstringing and denying elements of the Dem agenda that are extremely popular come hell or highwater (by contrast the idea that denying Israel a free 1 bil for a weapon system they can easily afford will cause some kind of political rout is utterly laughable), even after they've already scored a major compromise in halving the infrastructure bill from 6 trillion to 3.5.

What will cost the Dems in mid terms is their inability to legislate, and that inability primarily stems from these two corrupt assholes who aren't even representing the will of their districts and constituents (their usual, go-to excuse that they now refrain from making as the evidence clearly suggests the opposite) as can be seen by polling on issue after issue.
How did you get under this myth that people vote on policy? I think we need to pass an infrastructure bill, but thats not what will drive votes in competitive districts. If the Democrats don't want an utter blowout in 2022, they need to nationalize the election by tying the entire GOP and every candidate to Trump, QAnon, and Marjorie Taylor Greene. "Smart America", which is where these swing districts are, has to be reminded again and again that a vote for a GOP candidate in their district is a vote for Trumpism, QAnon, and the type of fascists that stormed the capital on January 6th. Otherwise the election will be ceded to the Republicans who are nationalizing the election on city crime, out of control spending, inflation, the border, critical race theory and so on.

What the election will not be about is whether the infrastructure bill is the bipartisan 1 trillion one or has the bigger Democratic one with it.

View attachment 67355305Stupid white Christians! They didn’t even invent the flying machine before 1903. Dumb honkeys and their contraptions. While honky was living in caves the Arabs invented flight!

You can’t make this stuff up!

By the way, number one on this list is surgery, and it also credits Muslims with inventing forecepts and the C-section.

Wrong, Forecepts were used by the Romans, what for? Surgery! C-sections are first recorded in Ancient China. Lol you really didn’t do any research did you?
No, you couldn't make anything up that's remotely sophisticated and clearly beyond your intellectual capability.

So much leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media BS.
If you read the actual transcript, it was clear that Trump was referring to the 'fine' people on both sides of the statue controversy.
For example:

Seems to be pretty unequivocal. Supported by one of the media's own talking potato heads.
He was talking about people at the rally.

There were fine people on one side, none on the other.

People who March with nazis are not fine people.

Yep; who was it said you can judge a person's character by looking at the company they keep? March with a Nazi, you are a Nazi.

"I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly".

Who are you referring to apart from the Nazis and White Nationalists?
Lol.

You still haven't read my post.

The answer to your question is already in my post......just read it.

Again, those were not the people Trump was referring to. He was referring to both sides of the statue controversy.
It was the 'news' (political propaganda) media who's maligned, out of context and distortion of the quote, made it out to be that, which it wasn't.

Again, those were not the people Trump was referring to. He was referring to both sides of the statue controversy.
It was the 'news' (political propaganda) media who's maligned, out of context and distortion of the quote, made it out to be that, which it wasn't.
Nonsense.

Yup if not for the darn Iron Dome we would have had many more dead Jews. Maybe next time.
History before the Iron Dome does not show that there were .many mor casualties, so those in the US who talk about the survival of Israel are exaggerating.

In any case, l am not saying that Israelis should not try to minimize their losses. I am saying that they should pay for it and that the US has no reason to help them buy Israeli made weapons. If they want anti-rocket defense, they should buy US equipment made in USA. If that equipment was good for the US soldiers in Afghanistan, it is good for the Israelis too.

Nonsense.
You are wrong there. Link to actual transcript provided below, direct quotations provided below.
My colleagues seem prepared to dispute our own network’s correct contemporaneous reporting and the very clear transcripts of the now-infamous Trump Tower presser on the tragic events of Charlottesville. Here are the unambiguous actual words of President Trump:​

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:​

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.
By Steve Cortes, March 21, 2019​

As I accurately posted, the 'news' (political propaganda) media who's maligned, out of context, distortion fragments of the quote. How dishonest in reporting can you get?

You are wrong there. Link to actual transcript provided below, direct quotations provided below.
My colleagues seem prepared to dispute our own network’s correct contemporaneous reporting and the very clear transcripts of the now-infamous Trump Tower presser on the tragic events of Charlottesville. Here are the unambiguous actual words of President Trump:​

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:​

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.
By Steve Cortes, March 21, 2019​

As I accurately posted, the 'news' (political propaganda) media who's maligned, out of context, distortion fragments of the quote. How dishonest in reporting can you get?
Lol.

I quoted that too.

He was talking about the Charlottesville rally.

He was wrong.

Lol.

I quoted that too.

He was talking about the Charlottesville rally.
Yes, he was. He was also talking about the groups gathered their to demonstrate, and he called out 3 specific groups:
  • People who were protesting to keep the statues (good people)
  • People who were protesting to take down the statues (good people)
  • And the Neo-Nazis which he called "very bad people in that group"
He was wrong.
He was not wrong about the above 3 groups, nor of their description.

Yes, he was. He was also talking about the groups gathered their to demonstrate, and he called out 3 specific groups:
  • People who were protesting to keep the statues (good people)
  • People who were protesting to take down the statues (good people)
  • And the Neo-Nazis which he called "very bad people in that group"

He was not wrong about the above 3 groups, nor of their description.
If any good people showed up at the Charlottesville rally, they would have seen the nazi flags, etc and either left immediately or joined the opposition.

Anyone who stayed and stood with, or marched with, the nazis is not a good person.

There were lots of fine people opposing the nazis, no good people marching/standing with them.

Back
Top Bottom