• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:171] AOC and ‘Squad’ Defund Israel’s Iron Dome Defence System from Democrats’ $1Bn Spending Bill

What's the point? That not 100% of Trump supporters agree with 100% of Trump's positions? Not sure what you are trying to say.
I am proving very clearly that it is not liberals whose "motivation is pure hatred of Jews, nothing else."

Those were Trump supporters. Trump said some of them were "very fine people".

Personal responsibility my ass. Fiscal responsibility, BS!

And now they're trying to complain about deficit and debt when Democrats are trying to help Americans, but deficit and debt goes out the window for Israel.
my point is that it isn't just Israel
we can't even take care of our own and here we are giving aid to countries like RUSSIA , CHINA, NORTH KOREA
I thought these countries were not our friends at all
it is a LOT easier to tell people just what countries we DON'T give aid to then it is who we give aid to
or at least a LOT shorter list
have a nice day

The comparison is absurd since Ukraine is facing a much bigger and more powerful adversary which it cannot handle alone.

Was I talking to you? Obama gave them $1B, remember the Biden trip? Seems the leftwingers were okay with it, so how is Israel any different?
This is an internet forum, I can respond to whoever I please. And I did not support Obama giving them aid. Why did you feel the need to bring that up.

AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib struck down the funding for Israel's defensive Iron Dome system -- and for what? Because it's a defensive system that saves lives from incoming missiles that would otherwise take lives.

I'll just note that these three couldn't strike down any funding of any kind. That isn't how the House works. What gave them the power to strip the funding was the math in the House. This is for a debt ceiling bill, and the GOP are unanimously going to vote NO. That is what gave a few people in the Democratic party the power to demand ANYTHING. Pelosi has to have nearly every Democrat on board or else the bill will fail, thanks to unanimous GOP opposition. If a half dozen Republicans supported the bill, they'd make the Iron Dome demand toothless, but that's not going to happen.

So the "Squad" thanks the GOP for giving them the power to make demands and get what they demanded. Not that it will matter - I'm sure the $1B will pass the House and Senate in fairly short order. The only thing unusual here is it's usually a GOP-lite "moderate" on the Democratic side, like Manchin (and unanimous GOP opposition), that gets to make demands and kill legislation that is supported broadly by the Democrats. Now the left fringe are doing the same thing and it's making people upset.....

Two nazis walk into a bar and the bartender says, "how about that Squad really sticking it to Israel?"

What happens? I'm not sure. I wanna see.

Two nazis walk into a bar and the bartender says, "how about that Squad really sticking it to Israel?"

What happens? I'm not sure. I wanna see.
I would argue that making a wealthy country with a healthy tax base pay for their own defense instead of making American taxpayers foot the bill.......is not 'sticking it to israel'.

I would argue that making a wealthy country with a healthy tax base pay for their own defense instead of making American taxpayers foot the bill.......is not 'sticking it to israel'.

That is not what a nazi would say. You're not even trying.

We have tons of problems here in the homeland that need addressed financially, including the prices of products going up substantially....those things need addressed before Israel's defense system*which they can afford on their own*

Why pick this battle though? We are talking about 0.27% of federal outlays.

I'll just note that these three couldn't strike down any funding of any kind. That isn't how the House works. What gave them the power to strip the funding was the math in the House. This is for a debt ceiling bill, and the GOP are unanimously going to vote NO. That is what gave a few people in the Democratic party the power to demand ANYTHING. Pelosi has to have nearly every Democrat on board or else the bill will fail, thanks to unanimous GOP opposition. If a half dozen Republicans supported the bill, they'd make the Iron Dome demand toothless, but that's not going to happen.

So the "Squad" thanks the GOP for giving them the power to make demands and get what they demanded. Not that it will matter - I'm sure the $1B will pass the House and Senate in fairly short order. The only thing unusual here is it's usually a GOP-lite "moderate" on the Democratic side, like Manchin (and unanimous GOP opposition), that gets to make demands and kill legislation that is supported broadly by the Democrats. Now the left fringe are doing the same thing and it's making people upset.....
This is a good summary of the political drama that inspired all this, thank you.

Israel has a higher per capita of billionaires than the US....6.7 per every million people...the US 1.853. We only have 724 billionaires in our country, with a population of 330,000,000 and Israel has

yeah, almost as wealthy as the US....they have about the same amount of billionaires per capita that we do.
number of billionaires is not the only arbiter of national wealth

I am proving very clearly that it is not liberals whose "motivation is pure hatred of Jews, nothing else."

Those were Trump supporters. Trump said some of them were "very fine people".
So, off on a tangent. Great, Thanks.

You brought it up.

I just proved you wrong
I don't think you are on point. I said "Trump was the best friend Israel ever had. Their motivation is pure hatred of Jews, nothing else".
You claim you proved it wrong, how? Remember, it has to have some logic to it, it's not correct just because you hate Trump.

why would they die? Is Israel not capable of funding their own defense?
Such a small country, financing their own defense against surrounding nations filled with people who hate them? Under normal circumstances, they would be. But these aren't normal circumstances, and this isn't a normal place. If funding is the only thing they need for their defense, then why not?

AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib struck down the funding for Israel's defensive Iron Dome system -- and for what? Because it's a defensive system that saves lives from incoming missiles that would otherwise take lives.

Just curious why we are responsible for funding their defense system?

I don't think you are on point. I said "Trump was the best friend Israel ever had. Their motivation is pure hatred of Jews, nothing else".
You claim you proved it wrong, how? Remember, it has to have some logic to it, it's not correct just because you hate Trump.
It is not the left that is motivated by pure hatred of jews.

That was the right, the group of people opposing that crap were "the left".

Last edited:
I think the better way to frame this is as corporate stimulus. The money never actually goes to Israel, missiles do. The money goes to ABC defense contractor.

Israel doesn't "need" these weapons. The "danger" is that if we don't give them to Israel for free at taxpayer expense, they may not buy them at all, and then how're we supposed to make up those sales?
That makes no sense. If the Israel really needs them they will buy them. We certainly can find things that we need to keep the contractors busy. We bought billions in "stimulus" for Afghanistan already and that was a total waste. Then there is the fact that military spending has the lowest return employment wise.

Peltier%20Job%20Creation%20from%20%24260B.png

So, that means we have to support them financially? Do you support all of your friends financially?
Biden reversed Trump energy policies and made us go from the worlds biggest oil producer to once again being reliant for oil on this volatile region. It pays to have a friend there.

It is not the left that is motivated by pure hatred of jews.

That was the right, the group of people opposing that crap were "the left".
So, you think that posting some video of a handful of people that hate Jews, proves that Omar and her band of jerks doesn't hate Jews? I guess you skipped over the part about it needing to be logical.

So, you think that posting some video of a handful of people that hate Jews, proves that Omar and her band of jerks doesn't hate Jews? I guess you skipped over the part about it needing to be logical.
That was the United the RIGHT rally, not a Unite the LEFT rally, where they were chanting 'Jews will not replace us' and other antisemitic slogans, carrying nazi flags, etc.

Trump said some of them were good people.

It was the left opposing that antisemitic crap.

So obviously your claim that the left is motivated by pure hatred of jews is illogical nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom