• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:162] Florida Moves to Allow Shooting of Looters and Rioters Threatening Property

Bull ****ing shit.

I was in both Portland and Seattle in September. Went to both "epicenters"

The federal building complex in Portland, CHOP/CHAZ in Seattle.

Nary a fire to be seen burning in either of those cities. Hell, all the damage I could find was within a block or two from those epicenters. And interestingly the houses across the street from the CHOP park in Seattle were completely intact. I had to look hard to find a couple of places where graffiti had been painted over.

But not one single burned out building did I see. No smoke in any direction.

This is why we can't have nice things. Y'all swallow whole every single thing your media and trump tell you. Which causes you to have a reality all your own, distinct from that of the rest of the world, found only in conservative media.

So yeah. Even in San Diego we had a couple of banks burned in la mesa.

Weeks ago. Nothing since.

No cities are burning in America. That is a gross, deliberate exaggeration.

Graffiti, broken windows, dumpster fires are the reality for the most part.

Neither city was burning when I was there and there was no evidence they had been unless you can build skyscrapers in days and faux them up to make it look like they've been there for decades.
A good read:

BS.
See Federalist 29:
"THE power of regulating the militia, and of commanding its services in times of insurrection and invasion are natural incidents to the duties of superintending the common defense, and of watching over the internal peace of the Confederacy.
..."
Once again, after 230 years of precedent and legal opinion and at a time when we at present have some 140 MILLION law abiding citizen gun owners owning som 400 MILLION firearms, we have an anti-gun leftist claiming "no no...what they REALLY meant is that only the state run organized militia can own guns........"

Assuming you were right (and facts show...you arent), wouldnt you by your own claim say that citizens as members of the unorganized militia are exercising the true intent of the 2nd Amendment but putting down an insurrection?

It's a proposed law, it hasn't been passed yet.

How much you want to bet the law doesn't see the light of day?

It's a publicity stunt by Santos.

The issue comes down to someone with nearly zero training opening fire on people. If someone’s life is being threatened, use force. If someone breaks in your home, use force. If a CVS is being broken into let the cops who are trained handle it.

Right now it’s typically one group that has guns..the right wing wanna be militia’s and “protectors”. The ramping up of violence by these groups is going to lead to others bringing guns and much worse situations.
So now we have anti-gun leftists...the same people that shit themselves over law enforcment, claim law enforcement cant be trusted, demand a defunding of law enforcement because they believe law enforcement is violent and corrupt...claiming that "hey...you know...what we really need during a time of violent crime and rioting and looting are the people that the rat party mayors and police chiefs have ordered to stand down and not respond to instances of violent crime, rioting, and looting, because the citizens arent capable of adequately and appropriately defending themselves from the violent shitheads we leftists support."

The issue comes down to someone with nearly zero training opening fire on people. If someone’s life is being threatened, use force. If someone breaks in your home, use force. If a CVS is being broken into let the cops who are trained handle it.

Right now it’s typically one group that has guns..the right wing wanna be militia’s and “protectors”. The ramping up of violence by these groups is going to lead to others bringing guns and much worse situations.

You don't know who is trained and who is not?

When a mob of people gather and one breaks a window it is by definition not a peaceful demonstration. Furthermore let’s be frank, all leftist demonstrations are exercises in violence or the threat of it. “Hey hey ho ho [insert pet cause here] has got to go” is in and of itself a demand that their cause be championed as policy even if it goes against elections and the political process.

so if it’s a left wing cause, stay out of a demonstration for it. Because it is either violence or the threat of it.
Well, that explains it.

Any protest you don't like can be shut down by the expedient of going down to it and breaking a window.

No longer a peaceful protest.

Kill 'em all.

Bull ****ing shit.

The federal building complex in Portland, CHOP/CHAZ in Seattle.

Nary a fire to be seen burning in either of those cities. Hell, all the damage I could find was within a block or two from those epicenters. And interestingly the houses across the street from the CHOP park in Seattle were completely intact. I had to look hard to find a couple of places where graffiti had been painted over.
That is simply a lie.

Also multiple people were shot and killed, multiple businesses were extorted, an extremely large number of sexual assaults, etc the zone was a crime magnet in Seattle
But not one single burned out building did I see. No smoke in any direction.
please stop spreading disinformation

This is why we can't have nice things. Y'all swallow whole every single thing your media and trump tell you. Which causes you to have a reality all your own, distinct from that of the rest of the world, found only in conservative media.
I worked in downtown Seattle for several years. We were measuring damage done by the homeless in the millions. In Portland the downtown business association estimates the riots have costed over 25 million dollars in sales for a couple of months
So yeah. Even in San Diego we had a couple of banks burned in la mesa.
not good, people who commit arson should be shot

Weeks ago. Nothing since.
well since we’ve already established you’re either dishonest or inattentive I don’t see why I need to believe you here.
No cities are burning in America. That is a gross, deliberate exaggeration.
rhetorical hyperbole is a commonly accepted form of speech in the English language.
Graffiti, broken windows, dumpster fires are the reality for the most part.
all of this is illegal and property owners should be fully empowered to use force against these criminals including deadly force if the vandals violently resist arrest by private citizens.

Neither city was burning when I was there and there was no evidence they had been unless you can build skyscrapers in days and faux them up to make it look like they've been there for decades.
but again you clearly pay no attention

So now we have anti-gun leftists...the same people that shit themselves over law enforcment, claim law enforcement cant be trusted, demand a defunding of law enforcement because they believe law enforcement is violent and corrupt...claiming that "hey...you know...what we really need during a time of violent crime and rioting and looting are the people that the rat party mayors and police chiefs have ordered to stand down and not respond to instances of violent crime, rioting, and looting, because the citizens arent capable of adequately and appropriately defending themselves from the violent shitheads we leftists support."
I’ve never said any of the above and not all Dems agree with everything said by all protestors everywhere.

I’ve never said any of the above and not all Dems agree with everything said by all protestors everywhere.
Yes you do. At the very least you don’t condemn them. And even if you do now for the sake of argument. The democratic leadership will not condemn black lives matter nor Antifa despite their openly stated goals of destruction of the United States and accompanying violence

Yes you do. At the very least you don’t condemn them. And even if you do now for the sake of argument. The democratic leadership will not condemn black lives matter nor Antifa despite their openly stated goals of destruction of the United States and accompanying violence
Why would I condemn someone for their opinion. I disagree but they are entitled to their opinion.

Also, BLM has legitimate grievances and is a movement not a political party. Just like John Brown was an abolitionist but not abolitionist committed violence.

It’s what movements look like that aren’t parroting what they are told by political operatives.

I mean, we can dive into the deep recesses of conservative groups if you want.

That is simply a lie.

Also multiple people were shot and killed, multiple businesses were extorted, an extremely large number of sexual assaults, etc the zone was a crime magnet in Seattle
please stop spreading disinformation

I worked in downtown Seattle for several years. We were measuring damage done by the homeless in the millions. In Portland the downtown business association estimates the riots have costed over 25 million dollars in sales for a couple of months
not good, people who commit arson should be shot

well since we’ve already established you’re either dishonest or inattentive I don’t see why I need to believe you here.
rhetorical hyperbole is a commonly accepted form of speech in the English language.
all of this is illegal and property owners should be fully empowered to use force against these criminals including deadly force if the vandals violently resist arrest by private citizens.

but again you clearly pay no attention
That building was not burned down. The fire wasn't even that big.

You gotta do better than this.

Everything else is based on your false claim that the police association building was burned down. It wasn't.

There was no smoke anywhere near either of the places I was at. Folks were patronizing businesses across the street from CHOP.

I got within about a block of the Portland epicenter on my walk to the ATM. I was quite surprised to find that out when I put the address in my map app. From posts here I expected carnage everywhere.

But that simply wasn't the case.

And don't try to pretend what you were saying was just hyperbole. It was propaganda. I know because what y'all apparently believe does not reflect what I saw with my lying eyes.

Why would I condemn someone for their opinion. I disagree but they are entitled to their opinion.
So you don’t condemn the white nationalists at Charlottesville?
Also, BLM has legitimate grievances
no they don’t. That’s why they literally lie about everything. It’s a legitimate grievance that armed felons get shot when resisting police arrest?
and is a movement not a political party’s. Just like John Brown was an abolitionist but not abolitionist committed violence.
huh? Brown did commit violence, he was operating what was functionally a death squad in Kansas and later tried to take over a federal arsenal.

It’s what movements look like that aren’t parroting what they are told by political operatives.
I mean, we can dive into the deep recesses of conservative groups if you want.
Yeah show me the ones that are nightly disrupting people’s activities and disrespecting private property with full sanction from authorities.

That building was not burned down. The fire wasn't even that big.
irrelevant. The fact that they’re shitty arsonists is evidence they are in fact arsonists. In fact once you purposefully start a fire you’re responsible for all consequences.
You gotta do better than this.
no, you need to stop being ignorant.
Everything else is based on your false claim that the police association building was burned down. It wasn't.
it in fact was. Or at least that was the intent.
There was no smoke anywhere near either of the places I was at. Folks were patronizing businesses across the street from CHOP.
I mean other then the black teens gunned down by CHOP security I guess it was all cool 😎
I got within about a block of the Portland epicenter on my walk to the ATM. I was quite surprised to find that out when I put the address in my map app. From posts here I expected carnage everywhere.
well you should tell the downtown business association and fire department and the people who’ve suffered property damage and the Trump supporter who was assasinated. They’ll all be happy to hear about your wonderful walk to the ATM I’m sure.
But that simply wasn't the case.

And don't try to pretend what you were saying was just hyperbole. It was propaganda. I know because what y'all apparently believe does not reflect what I saw with my lying eyes.
blah blah blah

irrelevant. The fact that they’re shitty arsonists is evidence they are in fact arsonists. In fact once you purposefully start a fire you’re responsible for all consequences.
no, you need to stop being ignorant.
it in fact was. Or at least that was the intent.
I mean other then the black teens gunned down by CHOP security I guess it was all cool 😎
well you should tell the downtown business association and fire department and the people who’ve suffered property damage and the Trump supporter who was assasinated. They’ll all be happy to hear about your wonderful walk to the ATM I’m sure.
blah blah blah
You do realize that your literally telling me my eyes and ears and nose were lying to me, right?

You are using episodes spread over months as if they are constant occurrences. And applying ridiculous spin to others.

Nary a fire engine to be seen or heard anywhere, no gunfire near or in the distance in either place. People going about their business all around both areas. I liked the bar that had plywood over their windows covered with protest art, people happily patronizing inside and out. Right across the stretch from CHOP, where a handful of people were called out. It wasn't possible to tell if they were protesters or just the homeless people that have been camping there since before the protests.

Rightists?

I know plenty of Democrats who would shoot as well.

It doesn't matter if it's supremacist's or thugs, a person has the right to protect is person and property.

Right-wing extremists, as an excuse to commit mass violence, want some people to loot.

First, looting is stealing and not violence, as you asserted.

Allow me to present you with the literal definition of the word "violence."

Violence Definition

"behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something."

Invading a neighborhood or community in a giant, angry mob, with the explicit intention of randomly destroying property, in order to intimidate both local, and national, governments and resident populations into compliance with your political ideas is not only "violence," but it is actually literal terrorism.

So, Florida is sanctioning killing someone suspected of stealing. When we allow citizens to shoot other suspected thieves with little restraint, what do you think happens? More citizens get shot and at least some of them will be unjustified. The definition of "looting" isn't precise and will be defined by the shopkeeper as shoplifting. So, Florida is sanctioning shooting shoplifters, without trial, in a state whose penalty for shoplifting isn't death.

Simple fix: Don't loot and riot.

You will get so sympathy from me if you fatally run afoul of someone simply defending themselves, or their property, while you are in the act of unlawfully pillaging an area as part of a violent, angry mob.

Moreover, the 2nd Amendment's purpose was to provide for a citizen army, in the absence of a national standing army. It had nothing to do with stopping store thieves.

And just what, precisely, do you think "citizen armies" are meant to do, if not provide for the "common defense" of the citizenry, their property, and their interests against enemies, both foreign and domestic?

The FBI is run by leftists that created a "fake political narrative," who knew?

Ummm... Yeah, pretty much, actually. Especially after Obama's tenure, the FBI (like pretty much all of the civil service) is basically run by, and for, milquetoast "Establishment Liberal" types. Their behavior with regards to the Trump Administration more than demonstrates this.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't lend the FBI's opinion on any of what's been happening this year any more credence than I would CNN, or the BBC's. They're taking in garbage information, passing it through a garbage filter, and then spitting it back out again with garbage ideological spin to fit their pre-existing biases.

Well, if you would include Black bloc and professional thieves in your assessments we might.

Even if we were to only include the Black Bloc, you're still looking at a violent, radical, group of Left Wing domestic terrorists with nation-wide presence and influence who routinely manage to field numbers, in any single one of their outings, which dwarf any Far Right rally which has taken place in the last 50 some-odd years.

Literally just this one demonstration pictured below likely includes at least as many people, if not substantially more, than groups like the KKK were able to gather at the Charlottesville, VA "Unite the Right" rally that you people are still mewling over, three years later. ANTIFA has managed to put together at least one rally this large, if not larger, in almost every major urban area in the United States since the start of Summer 2020.

Some of the cells responsible have been active, continuously, in those urban areas for literally months on end at this point. In doing so, they've caused at least millions of dollars in property damage, in addition to perpetrating hundreds, if not thousands, of unprovoked assaults (and even some actual killings), and maiming dozens of police officers.

Capture.PNG

I'm sorry, but as I said previously, this whole "Jim Bob, Buckwheat, and Cleetus sharing spicy memes are the real threat" narrative just doesn't stand up to any sort of real world scrutiny. The red necks might very well get more "bang for their buck" when they do actually try something, but in terms of sheer following, and sheer volume of activity, the Far Left very clearly has them beat, by at least several orders of magnitude.

At best you say "antifa", which is really a group like the proud boys or patriot prayer who have been going to protests to fight with each other.

The Proud Boys are a glorified biker fight club, which specializes in countering ANTIFA Black Blocs, because police often won't. ANTIFA is a group of of Leftist jackboots who specialize in terrorizing civilians, maiming police officers, and destroying property in order to make a political statement.

They're not exactly on the same level, and I'm not going to pretend like they are.

But all we hear from y'all is "BLM is burning american cities".

Then BLM, and their supporters, need to stop encouraging it. I'm sorry, but when you've literally got hundreds of prominent people associated with the movement making asinine statements like "Looting is reparations," and "Burn it all down if we don't get what we want," its hard to argue that the movement isn't at least somewhat complicit in the violence taking place.

Bull ****ing shit.

Another Leftist apologist who insists there is "absolutely nothing to see" in Portland. I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked! :rolleyes:

You do realize that your literally telling me my eyes and ears and nose were lying to me, right?

Dude... Just because you weren't personally there, at the exact moment ANTIFA black shirts were throwing molotov cocktails and industrial grade fireworks at police officers, or shooting ball bearings and high intensity lasers at their faceplates in attempts to cause permanent blindness, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Doesn't mean it wasn't happening on a weekly, or even nightly, basis at certain points in the unrest either.

Sh*t man, I can pull up plenty of YouTube videos of perfectly peaceful city streets in freaking Aleppo, Syria, at the height of the Syrian Civil War as well. That doesn't mean there wasn't a Goddamn war still on at the time they were taken. What's the famous expression regarding the experience of war? "Long periods of utter boredom, occasionally interspersed with moments of sheer terror?"

And what in the actual Hell is up with this "the fires weren't even that big" nonsense? It happened at all... That's the key take away here.

Last edited:
Even if we were to only include the Black Bloc, you're still looking at a violent, radical, group of Left Wing domestic terrorists with nation-wide presence and influence who routinely manage to field numbers, in any single one of their outings, which dwarf any Far Right rally which has taken place in the last 50 some-odd years.

Literally just this one demonstration pictured below likely includes at least as many people, if not substantially more, than groups like the KKK were able to gather at the Charlottesville, VA "Unite the Right" rally that you people are still mewling over, three years later. ANTIFA has managed to put together at least one rally this large, if not larger, in almost every major urban area in the United States since the start of Summer 2020.

Some of the cells responsible have been active, continuously, in those urban areas for literally months on end at this point. In doing so, they've caused at least millions of dollars in property damage, in addition to perpetrating hundreds, if not thousands, of unprovoked assaults (and even some actual killings), and maiming dozens of police officers.

View attachment 67304411

I'm sorry, but as I said previously, this whole "Jim Bob, Buckwheat, and Cleetus sharing spicy memes are the real threat" narrative just doesn't stand up to any sort of real world scrutiny. The red necks might very well get more "bang for their buck" when they do actually try something, but in terms of sheer following, and sheer volume of activity, the Far Left very clearly has them beat, by at least several orders of magnitude.

The Proud Boys are a glorified biker fight club, which specializes in countering ANTIFA Black Blocs, because police often won't. ANTIFA is a group of of Leftist jackboots who specialize in terrorizing civilians, maiming police officers, and destroying property in order to make a political statement.

They're not exactly on the same level, and I'm not going to pretend like they are.

Then BLM, and their supporters, need to stop encouraging it. I'm sorry, but when you've literally got hundreds of prominent people associated with the movement making asinine statements like "Looting is reparations," and "Burn it all down if we don't get what we want," its hard to argue that the movement isn't at least somewhat complicit in the violence taking place.

Another Leftist apologist who insists there is "absolutely nothing to see" in Portland. I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked! :rolleyes:

Dude... Just because you weren't personally there, at the exact moment ANTIFA black shirts were throwing molotov cocktails and industrial grade fireworks at police officers, or shooting ball bearings and high intensity lasers at their faceplates in attempts to cause permanent blindness, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Doesn't mean it wasn't happening on a weekly, or even nightly, basis at certain points in the unrest either.

Sh*t man, I can pull up plenty of YouTube videos of perfectly peaceful city streets in freaking Aleppo, Syria, at the height of the Syrian Civil War as well. That doesn't mean there wasn't a Goddamn war still on at the time they were taken. What's the famous expression regarding the experience of war? "Long periods of utter boredom, occasionally interspersed with moments of sheer terror?"

And what in the actual Hell is up with this "the fires weren't even that big" nonsense? It happened at all... That's the key take away here.
OK. We're getting closer. Antifa and Black Bloc are not the same entities.

If we can agree that BLM is not Black Bloc nor antifa, and stop conflating the former with the latter, we may be able to come to a meeting of the minds.

And you keep saying "maiming police officers". Do you mean maiming, permanently injuring, or just injuring?

OK. We're getting closer. Antifa and Black Bloc are not the same entities.

The "Black Bloc" is a tactic, not a group. Its basically a "riot phalanx." It is ANTIFA's signature tactic.

If we can agree that BLM is not Black Bloc nor antifa, and stop conflating the former with the latter, we may be able to come to a meeting of the minds.

BLM is a radical Leftist group, which has substantial overlap with violent groups like ANTIFA, and has a bad habit of condoning the violence groups like ANTIFA do.

It is not, however, necessarily a group known to engage in organized violence in and of itself.

And you keep saying "maiming police officers". Do you mean maiming, permanently injuring, or just injuring?

White House: 3 Federal Officers Likely Permanently Blinded By Portland Protesters

Federal officers in Portland suffered 113 eye injuries from lasers, DHS official says

Again... What on Earth is with you, and trying to downplay and justify the violence done by these groups?

When you've got organized mobs of Far Left militants engaging in coordinated attempts to try to burn out the retinas of literally hundreds of different police officers using high powered lasers, or physically destroy the eyes of police officers using steel ball bearings fired from sling-shots, it doesn't freaking matter how successful the attempts may be. The intent to cause grievous harm is objectively there.

View attachment 67304411

All I expect is accuracy over hyperbole. Nuance over talking points.

You'll notice I haven't condoned any of the violence/vandalism, and acknowledged that spme BLM folks almost certainly jump on the free shit/wreck shit wagon if it goes by.

What I cannot countenance is the litany of "American cities are burning" bullshit. That isn't what's happening. Some shit goes down sometimes. In some part of a city. Sometimes it's pretty bad. But BLM=anarchy and desruction is not an accurate statement.

It is a fallacy sometimes referred to a "failure to draw the line" like claiming someone who is against the death penalty is pro murder.

Please stop. We can actually discuss this if you do.

Shoot the white supremacist looters and rioters too.

Happy now?

Why is it that every time the violent antics of the idiot left is discussed 'people' like you have to shriek "bu buh...but...white supremacists!!!!!!" as if you believe that your leftist rhetoric and excuses will somehow just magically make the violent antics of the idiot left that you support go away?
Because some idiots on here and probably throughout the country blame the dems for everything. If it's violent, it's the dems, looting, dems, burning dems. You can tell it's dems doing it from the horns on their heads and the reddish color of their skin.

Oh flori-duh. This from the same guy who was teaching his son how to build a trump wall with blocks to keep all the brown skinned people out. Now all you white folks, back to the beaches and don't forget the oil, or else your skin won't turn brown.

The "Black Bloc" is a tactic, not a group. Its basically a "riot phalanx." It is ANTIFA's signature tactic.

BLM is a radical Leftist group, which has substantial overlap with violent groups like ANTIFA, and has a bad habit of condoning the violence groups like ANTIFA do.

It is not, however, necessarily a group known to engage in organized violence in and of itself.

White House: 3 Federal Officers Likely Permanently Blinded By Portland Protesters

Federal officers in Portland suffered 113 eye injuries from lasers, DHS official says

Again... What on Earth is with you, and trying to downplay and justify the violence done by these groups?

When you've got organized mobs of Far Left militants engaging in coordinated attempts to try to burn out the retinas of literally hundreds of different police officers using high powered lasers, or physically destroy the eyes of police officers using steel ball bearings fired from sling-shots, it doesn't freaking matter how successful the attempts may be. The intent to cause grievous harm is objectively there.
And how were those violent folk supposed to know those guys were real feds and not just boogaloos who shop at the same website?

Sorry. I have no sympathy for agents of the state flying no insignia on American soil. If I can't be sure you're a cop, you're not. I don't need to know your name, but you need a number and a department so I know who to yell at if you rape my daughter.

But I concede the point that some cops were actually possibly maimed.

Back
Top Bottom