• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:162] Florida Moves to Allow Shooting of Looters and Rioters Threatening Property

It was founded with lots of blood and deaths. It was not all tiptoeing through the tulips with the british. The idea of freedom is what fueled it all and it took fighting to achieve it. Do you wish to tell a different perspective?
The country was founded on principles. It took "lots of blood and deaths" to win our freedom but those aren't what we were founded on.

It was founded with lots of blood and deaths. It was not all tiptoeing through the tulips with the british. The idea of freedom is what fueled it all and it took fighting to achieve it. Do you wish to tell a different perspective?

Sooo... To be clear, you're advocating armed sedition, and secession from the lawful government of the United States?

Otherwise, I can't see any reason why you would be appealing to the American Revolution, nor our dealings with the British, here.

The country was founded on principles. It took "lots of blood and deaths" to win our freedom but those aren't what we were founded on.

Exactly. In point of fact, this was essentially the whole point behind forming the Continental Congress. It took the driving power behind the revolution away from the radical, rabble-rousing, groups which had been responsible for all the violence in Boston, and placed it in the hands of a deliberate, and lawful, gathering of appointed representatives instead.

The American Revolution was not in any way, shape, or form a "terrorist," nor even "protest," movement.

Right-wing extremists, as an excuse to commit mass violence, want some people to loot.
Virtually no one wants looting

and besides, if you feel that there’s people waiting to kill you for looting maybe that will deter you from doing it. So the law would be a success

Even if we were to only include the Black Bloc, you're still looking at a violent, radical, group of Left Wing domestic terrorists with nation-wide presence and influence who routinely manage to field numbers, in any single one of their outings, which dwarf any Far Right rally which has taken place in the last 50 some-odd years.

Literally just this one demonstration pictured below likely includes at least as many people, if not substantially more, than groups like the KKK were able to gather at the Charlottesville, VA "Unite the Right" rally that you people are still mewling over, three years later. ANTIFA has managed to put together at least one rally this large, if not larger, in almost every major urban area in the United States since the start of Summer 2020.

Some of the cells responsible have been active, continuously, in those urban areas for literally months on end at this point. In doing so, they've caused at least millions of dollars in property damage, in addition to perpetrating hundreds, if not thousands, of unprovoked assaults (and even some actual killings), and maiming dozens of police officers.

View attachment 67304411

I'm sorry, but as I said previously, this whole "Jim Bob, Buckwheat, and Cleetus sharing spicy memes are the real threat" narrative just doesn't stand up to any sort of real world scrutiny. The red necks might very well get more "bang for their buck" when they do actually try something, but in terms of sheer following, and sheer volume of activity, the Far Left very clearly has them beat, by at least several orders of magnitude.

The Proud Boys are a glorified biker fight club, which specializes in countering ANTIFA Black Blocs, because police often won't. ANTIFA is a group of of Leftist jackboots who specialize in terrorizing civilians, maiming police officers, and destroying property in order to make a political statement.

They're not exactly on the same level, and I'm not going to pretend like they are.

Then BLM, and their supporters, need to stop encouraging it. I'm sorry, but when you've literally got hundreds of prominent people associated with the movement making asinine statements like "Looting is reparations," and "Burn it all down if we don't get what we want," its hard to argue that the movement isn't at least somewhat complicit in the violence taking place.

Another Leftist apologist who insists there is "absolutely nothing to see" in Portland. I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked! :rolleyes:

Dude... Just because you weren't personally there, at the exact moment ANTIFA black shirts were throwing molotov cocktails and industrial grade fireworks at police officers, or shooting ball bearings and high intensity lasers at their faceplates in attempts to cause permanent blindness, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Doesn't mean it wasn't happening on a weekly, or even nightly, basis at certain points in the unrest either.

Sh*t man, I can pull up plenty of YouTube videos of perfectly peaceful city streets in freaking Aleppo, Syria, at the height of the Syrian Civil War as well. That doesn't mean there wasn't a Goddamn war still on at the time they were taken. What's the famous expression regarding the experience of war? "Long periods of utter boredom, occasionally interspersed with moments of sheer terror?"

And what in the actual Hell is up with this "the fires weren't even that big" nonsense? It happened at all... That's the key take away here.
Cities are mostly peaceful during actual civil war. I was reading the book Mine were of Trouble by Peter Kemp, an Englishman who volunteered for the Spanish nationalists during the Spanish civil war, he describes in one chapter he literally stole a car from an enemy officer then decided to take a drive along a beach road he thought his side had taken and it turned out it hasn’t. He was legit able to drive through the enemy line and joy ride around enemy territory and return to his own unit without being caught. Breakdowns in order do not mean the whole area breaks down in order.

And how were those violent folk supposed to know those guys were real feds and not just boogaloos who shop at the same website?

Sorry. I have no sympathy for agents of the state flying no insignia on American soil. If I can't be sure you're a cop, you're not. I don't need to know your name, but you need a number and a department so I know who to yell at if you rape my daughter.

But I concede the point that some cops were actually possibly maimed.
I don’t know, maybe you should work at being somebody Boogaloo’s don’t want to abduct.

I would say that if you are in danger of being of ducted by armed militant, you’ve probably made some bad choices in your life. That is not something that happens to normal members of society

I don’t know, maybe you should work at being somebody Boogaloo’s don’t want to abduct.

I would say that if you are in danger of being of ducted by armed militant, you’ve probably made some bad choices in your life. That is not something that happens to normal members of society
So it's OK to shoot boogaloos.

Got it.

So it's OK to shoot boogaloos.

Got it.
I agree, in the era of the pandemic we should absolutely be shooting people engage in Afro Latino dance. Unless they’re 6 feet or more apart from each other.

Principles? The british didn't have principles? It was founded because people felt they were being mistreated and not represented. If the british principles applied to the colonists we would still be a british colony but they didn't. All the colonies felt like they were just cash cows for england. So the idea of freedom from england's oppression took root and it took fighting to achieve that freedom. If the colonists were treated fairly by england we might not be here today as americans.

The folks on the right look at the discord in the streets and call it rioting, looting and burning. It never dawns on them the same thing we fought for, are the same things black folks are fighting for even though they supposedly have all the rights of white folks and we all know that to be untrue.

You say we were founded on freedom. I say we were founded because the colonists were tired of being oppressed.

The folks on the right look at the discord in the streets and call it rioting, looting and burning. It never dawns on them the same thing we fought for, are the same things black folks are fighting for even though they supposedly have all the rights of white folks and we all know that to be untrue.

Freaking please. :rolleyes:

BLM doesn't even know what it wants; even their mission statement is just a bunch of random Neo-Marxist word salad. Its membership simply knows that it doesn't like law enforcement, being expected to follow laws, or facing consequences at the hands of the one when it fails to abide by the other. They think these "feelings" somehow entitle them to special, preferential, treatment above and beyond what is afforded to people of other races.

I'm sorry, but the answer is freaking no. I honestly couldn't care less how "oppressed" someone might think they are. They will follow the same law as everyone else, or they will suffer the same consequences anyone else would. If they resist the agents of the law, those consequences will be more severe, as should be expected.

Sooner or later, if these people will not come around to see reason on this matter of their own accord, it will be necessary to make them see reason by force. Our society will not survive otherwise.

You say we were founded on freedom. I say we were founded because the colonists were tired of being oppressed.

So you are promoting sedition then.

Last edited:
Sooo... To be clear, you're advocating armed sedition, and secession from the lawful government of the United States?

Otherwise, I can't see any reason why you would be appealing to the American Revolution, nor our dealings with the British, here.

Exactly. In point of fact, this was essentially the whole point behind forming the Continental Congress. It took the driving power behind the revolution away from the radical, rabble-rousing, groups which had been responsible for all the violence in Boston, and placed it in the hands of a deliberate, and lawful, gathering of appointed representatives instead.

The American Revolution was not in any way, shape, or form a "terrorist," nor even "protest," movement.
What's with the group of trump supporters going to dc today? I see pics of them with their confederate flags and armed to the teeth. What do you suppose they are thinking?
I'm sick of you guys talking out of both sides of your mouths. Looks to me the folks on the right are advocating armed sedition. Remember the scene at the capitol in michigan?
You and red can twist the reality any way you wish but it took fighting to win our freedom from england and no matter how much you try to say we were founded on freedom and principles, we were founded because the colonists were sick of being mistreated by england.

Freaking please. :rolleyes:

BLM doesn't even know what it wants; even their mission statement is just a bunch of random Neo-Marxist word salad. Its membership simply knows that it doesn't like law enforcement, being expected to follow laws, or facing consequences at the hands of the one when it fails to abide by the other. They think these "feelings" somehow entitle them to special, preferential, treatment above and beyond what is afforded to people of other races.

I'm sorry, but the answer is freaking no. I honestly couldn't care less how "oppressed" someone might think they are. They will follow the same law as everyone else, or they will suffer the same consequences anyone else would. If they resist the agents of the law, those consequences will be more severe, as should be expected.

Sooner or later, if these people will not come around to see reason on this matter of their own accord, it will be necessary to make them see reason by force. Our society will not survive otherwise.

So you are promoting sedition then.
So shove it, I didn't say that. Your words are not my words. I promote right and wrong. And what america has done to black folks for over two hundred years is wrong.

What's with the group of trump supporters going to dc today? I see pics of them with their confederate flags and armed to the teeth. What do you suppose they are thinking?
I'm sick of you guys talking out of both sides of your mouths. Looks to me the folks on the right are advocating armed sedition. Remember the scene at the capitol in michigan?
You and red can twist the reality any way you wish but it took fighting to win our freedom from england and no matter how much you try to say we were founded on freedom and principles, we were founded because the colonists were sick of being mistreated by england.

When those people start actually trying to harm or kill anyone, or anything, you let me know.

So shove it, I didn't say that. Your words are not my words. I promote right and wrong. And what america has done to black folks for over two hundred years is wrong.

Some random testosterone poisoned street thug getting shot because he thought it would be a good idea to try and "big dick" the cops has literally nothing to do with the last "two hundred years." It has to do with the man in question being an utter moron.

Some random testosterone poisoned street thug getting shot because he thought it would be a good idea to try and "big dick" the cops has literally nothing to do with the last "two hundred years." It has to do with the man in question being an utter moron.
Speaking of, you have a wonderful day.

Principles? The british didn't have principles? It was founded because people felt they were being mistreated and not represented. If the british principles applied to the colonists we would still be a british colony but they didn't. All the colonies felt like they were just cash cows for england. So the idea of freedom from england's oppression took root and it took fighting to achieve that freedom. If the colonists were treated fairly by england we might not be here today as americans.

I would suggest that you actually read the Declaration of Independence. That document and the principles within it (life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, all men are created equal, etc...) is what our nation was founded upon.

It's pretty evident that you seem to not understand what "founded upon" actually means. It's also pretty evident that you don't know what principles are either. I would suggest doing a little more research before you respond again.

I would suggest that you actually read the Declaration of Independence. That document and the principles within it (life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, all men are created equal, etc...) is what our nation was founded upon.

It's pretty evident that you seem to not understand what "founded upon" actually means. It's also pretty evident that you don't know what principles are either. I would suggest doing a little more research before you respond again.
Horsehockey. Let's just take the phrase all men are created equal to start. At the time that was signed and printed, was it true? Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, uh huh, if you are a white land owner. You sir have no idea of what I know and don't know. You can show me all the words on paper and then you can show me how we followed those words and then tell me, which is more accurate, the written words on a piece of paper or the reality of slave life? All men are created equal indeed. I guess for black folks the pursuit of happiness meant being owned by a white person and liberty for them, don't make me laugh. Some folks want to paint america as the land of peaches and cream where all the angels live. Some on the other hand recognize our faults and tries to improve upon them.

Horsehockey. Let's just take the phrase all men are created equal to start. At the time that was signed and printed, was it true? Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, uh huh, if you are a white land owner. You sir have no idea of what I know and don't know. You can show me all the words on paper and then you can show me how we followed those words and then tell me, which is more accurate, the written words on a piece of paper or the reality of slave life? All men are created equal indeed. I guess for black folks the pursuit of happiness meant being owned by a white person and liberty for them, don't make me laugh. Some folks want to paint america as the land of peaches and cream where all the angels live. Some on the other hand recognize our faults and tries to improve upon them.
We didn't follow our founding principles for a long time, and we don't to this very day. Blacks did get a raw deal for a very long time and slavery never should have happened. Fortunately for us, we ended the practice long before most other countries did, but that's no excuse for it ever taking place to begin with. But of course all of this has nothing to do with the fact that we weren't founded on protest as you incorrectly stated.

So you don't know nearly as much as you think you know. You're free to continue to embarrass yourself but I think we both know that you've been proven wrong, yet again.

We didn't follow our founding principles for a long time, and we don't to this very day. Blacks did get a raw deal for a very long time and slavery never should have happened. Fortunately for us, we ended the practice long before most other countries did, but that's no excuse for it ever taking place to begin with. But of course all of this has nothing to do with the fact that we weren't founded on protest as you incorrectly stated.

So you don't know nearly as much as you think you know. You're free to continue to embarrass yourself but I think we both know that you've been proven wrong, yet again.
And as I said, I don't recall the brits handing over the colonies with a coke and a smile. Weren't all the people in the colonies already free? If so what freedoms was all the fighting for? Face it red, we fought over being oppressed.

And as I said, I don't recall the brits handing over the colonies with a coke and a smile. Weren't all the people in the colonies already free? If so what freedoms was all the fighting for? Face it red, we fought over being oppressed.
Wrong again (I don't even know why you keep trying at this point). We declared our independence and the Brits fought to hold on to control. We didn't protest, we told the King of England to **** off. We weren't founded on protests, we were founded on the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

You can keep replying and showing everyone that you don't know the first thing about the history of our founding, that's entirely up to you, but up to this point all you've succeeded in doing is showing your ignorance of history.

What likely was one of many strong inspirations was the remote mountain people of the Appalachian Mountains who had a tendency to shoot the "revenue agents" (British tax collectors) never to be seen from again. Some historians claim this inspired the founders (mostly very rich people) to ponder could the British really win against a revolutionary war 3,000 plus miles away across the great remote expanse the USA was even then - particularly with some help from the French - considering the ongoing conflict between the French and the British.

So how many buildings did that right wing protest burn down? How many cops were shot? How many stores were looted? Was there any trace of violence what so ever?

Back
Top Bottom