• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:162]Does using this image as an avatar make you a racist?

Is using this image racist?

• Yes, it racist

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No, it's meant to honor MLK

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Does using this image as an avatar make you a racist?

People, putting that hat on MLK is saying "MLK, (and all he stands for, blacks being free and equal) **** you.

We all know that is what the poster means.

How is saying this, in picture, not racist?

More of King's actual words...

“The evils of capitalism are as real as the evils of militarism and evils of racism.” – Speech to SCLC Board, March 30, 1967."

People, putting that hat on MLK is saying "MLK, (and all he stands for, blacks being free and equal) **** you.

We all know that is what the poster means.

How is saying this, in picture, not racist?

Seems there are more open minded, free thinking folks on the forum than what you thought. Huh?

No, it's not mocking him. It's saying that they think MLK would be for the MAGA thing.

An answer Trump himself might well utter.

Hardly. He was a REPUBLICAN and CONSERVATIVE.

Bull****

Show the proof. For once, give some form of proof of your claim. Trump Heads follow a man who lies on average 15 times a day and don't care, ergo truth is a rare commodity so no one believes any of the **** you spew at all.

FFS, you expect anyone to believe Martin Luther King would support Richard Nixon?

Bull**** through and through

Racist? No.

Here we go again, where accusations of racism are really little more than 'that, or whom, which I don't like'. :roll:

OMFG

This is appalling.

I should have ln own better. Trumpets will not admit to racism, ever. I am so done with the deplorables. .

I would have voted but you just had to add in that extra little bit of "it's meant to honor MLK". It's not meant to honor MLK. But neither is it racist.

And just because you view the MAGA hat as meaning to represent modern racism doesn't mean that it actually does.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't actually admit to being a racist or that institutions or symbols they're associated with are racist?

MLK would burn that hat before he would wear it.

After studying the man and his speeches I doubt he would even show that much negativity and anger.

My take is he would carry it to the podium and THEN make a sermon about what is says, what it really stands for and what kind of lies Trump was telling

One thing that separates him from every American living today is that he never engaged in hate toward the people who resisted him, he spoke with respect and honor ALL the time, so to compare him to today's "leaders" is simply ugly wrong.

People forget HIS hero: Jesus, followed by Mahatmas Ghandi. They turned another cheek and never fired back. Martin Luther King did not have to make insulting personal attacks to get his point as do Trump and his ilk.

MLK supporting Richard Nixon :lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

How else can it be viewed?

It could be viewed by some Republicans as saying MLK was one of them. I disagree with that but it is a common belief.

OMFG

This is appalling.

I should have ln own better. Trumpets will not admit to racism, ever. I am so done with the deplorables. .

I'm do done with those from the left who are constantly accusing racism where none exists. This is appalling.

The overuse of the racism accusation has left it to near meaninglessness.

To me it seems obvious that using this image,

A pic of MLK in a hat that represents modern racism, a MAGA hat, which is clearly intended to mock not honor Mr. King is overtly racist.

Does anyone see it differently?

And if so, how so?

Insofar as the hat clearly does not represent racism, except in the desperate eyes of liberals who so deeply need to use racism as their mantra, yes, I see it differently.

No, it's not mocking him. It's saying that they think MLK would be for the MAGA thing.

They think that anything that is "sticking it to the libtards" is good, because the "sticking" is the little drug "high" that they seek.
A equals A equals A equals A equals A equals A equals A if "A" is "MAGA"...everything is a little MAGA crack rock because all they want in life is another little MAGA crack rock, because that's how crackheads think.

An answer Trump himself might well utter.

Probably. I mean, it doesn't have to be reality or anything but that's what they think.

No, its not.

Which poster? The one that uses the avatar? Or the OP?

That hat is representative of everything that Trump and his "base" stand for.

Now, let us begin to see if there are not some threads of racism in what Trump and his ilk stand for:

- can't get a fair trial because the judge is "Mexican" - born in the USA.

"There were great people there - on both sides" immediate aftermath to a entire week end of race based rioting and the death of one person and many more injured -- because of a racist who had been "pumped" by the rhetoric of racists.

There's really too ****ing much to spell out, but anyone looking at that hat and NOT thinking racist is either a hard core Trump supporter or just a simple racist.

Hardly. He was a REPUBLICAN and CONSERVATIVE.

Actually King was, if any thing, an Independent. He critiqued both Republicans and Democrats and publicly never endorsed either party. When voting he was undecided between Stevenson and Eisenhower and voted for Kennedy.

They think that anything that is "sticking it to the libtards" is good, because the "sticking" is the little drug "high" that they seek.
A equals A equals A equals A equals A equals A equals A if "A" is "MAGA"...everything is a little MAGA crack rock because all they want in life is another little MAGA crack rock, because that's how crackheads think.

That's hilarious, coming from a Liberal.

I mean, look at this thread. :lamo

That hat is representative of everything that Trump and his "base" stand for.

Now, let us begin to see if there are not some threads of racism in what Trump and his ilk stand for:

- can't get a fair trial because the judge is "Mexican" - born in the USA.

"There were great people there - on both sides" immediate aftermath to a entire week end of race based rioting and the death of one person and many more injured -- because of a racist who had been "pumped" by the rhetoric of racists.

There's really too ****ing much to spell out, but anyone looking at that hat and NOT thinking racist is either a hard core Trump supporter or just a simple racist.

1: Mexican is not a race. Its a nationality. You also forgot the part where he mentions that the judge was an advocate for illegal immigration. Something that Trump is opposed to. (and fyi, I didn't agree with Trumps statement and posted such when it was first being talked about)

2: Why do people continually like to take Trumps comments out of context? Give the full context...if you dare....

And yes yes yes, there are racists that support Trump. That does not mean that Trump supports them. He has not ONCE advocated for them and you will not find one single proof of such when given FULL CONTEXT. Something that Trump haters hate to give when it comes to Trump.

Actually King was, if any thing, an Independent. He critiqued both Republicans and Democrats and publicly never endorsed either party. When voting he was undecided between Stevenson and Eisenhower and voted for Kennedy.

That reinforces my point. Kennedy wouldn't be allowed in the modern Democrat party, either.

They would **** themselves if he were alive today, saying this...

Martin Luther King Jr. was not a Republican or a Democrat. The avatar in question is just more lies from the Trump authoritarian regime. Trump wanted black votes so his supporters being conspiracy theorists latched on to the conspiracy theory that MLK was a conservative Republican. Its all about getting votes for 2020.

" I'm not a politician. I have no political ambitions. I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses. And I'm not inextricably bound to either party. I'm not concerned about telling you what party to vote for. But what I'm saying is this, that we must gain the ballot and use it wisely."

Author: King, Martin Luther, Jr.
Date: February 11, 1958
Genre: Interview
Topic: Little Rock School Crisis, 1957
Martin Luther King, Jr. - Threats/attacks against
Montgomery Bus Boycott

Just out of curiosity, doesn't actually admit to being a racist or that institutions or symbols they're associated with are racist?

You might want to flesh that out some? As it stands it doesn't make much sense.

1: Mexican is not a race. Its a nationality. You also forgot the part where he mentions that the judge was an advocate for illegal immigration. Something that Trump is opposed to. (and fyi, I didn't agree with Trumps statement and posted such when it was first being talked about)

2: Why do people continually like to take Trumps comments out of context? Give the full context...if you dare....

And yes yes yes, there are racists that support Trump. That does not mean that Trump supports them. He has not ONCE advocated for them and you will not find one single proof of such when given FULL CONTEXT. Something that Trump haters hate to give when it comes to Trump.

They wouldn't have an argument, if they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom