• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1607] ***2022 General Election Thread***

People who "punish" politicians are usually just punishing themselves.

If you "punish" a teacher because she gave your kid a bad grade by urging the school administration to replace her with an axe murderer pedophile, who are you really punishing here?
A bit extreme on the analogy here, don't you think?

That said, you are correct. Its one thing to vote for somebody that offers a different policy on solving a problem, but that is not happening here. We are just voting people out because we associate them with a problem. In most cases, the people we are attempting to vote out of office really have nothing to do with the problem, nor are they in a position to be a part of the solution. Moreover, many of the so-called problems do not even exist; they have been oversold.

Now that I think about this, given how awful the Republican candidates are (these people stand for nothing, have zero leadership skills and often show themselves to be devoid of humanity), in many cases, maybe we are indeed replacing the humble school teacher with the axe murderer pedophile.

A bit extreme on the analogy here, don't you think?

No, not really.

That said, you are correct. Its one thing to vote for somebody that offers a different policy on solving a problem, but that is not happening here. We are just voting people out because we associate them with a problem. In most cases, the people we are attempting to vote out of office really have nothing to do with the problem, nor are they in a position to be a part of the solution. Moreover, many of the so-called problems do not even exist; they have been oversold.

Now that I think about this, given how awful the Republican candidates are (these people stand for nothing, have zero leadership skills and often show themselves to be devoid of humanity), in many cases, maybe we are indeed replacing the humble school teacher with the axe murderer pedophile.

Nor on mine. But the school levy one may be Texas. That’s my guess, based upon how their public schools are structured.
Local issues, I guess.

We waited in line for an hour and a half at the church where the voting was held. Ugh. Their internet connection was a hot spot, so I guess Jesus hates wifi.

Massive red wave. To be repeated again in 24 months in with an even larger wave.

Democrats defunded, pronoun'd, and Covid'd their way into obsolescence for the next decade.

Roe v Wade gone. Affirmative action gone. Twitter no longer under their full control. Crime, border control, energy, CRT, inflation, Afghanistan, Hunter Biden......Democrats literally could not have possible done worse the past two years. Blue cities are a sea of tents, homelessness, open drug use, rape, and illegals. New York City literally smells like weed all day every day.

Even Oregon, New York, Washington, and key seats in California are up for grabs this election.

And while Republicans have DeSantis, Youngkin, Lake, Scott, and lots of star players in waiting, the Deomocrats still have their hopes on Beto, Abrams, and others who can't even win a single election.

Today will be full of glorious Shadenfreude.

My apologies for putting words in your mouth. Let me try that again:

People who "show their dissatisfaction" with a political party may just be hurting themselves.

If you "show your dissatisfaction" with a teacher because she gave your kid a bad grade by urging the school administration to replace her with an axe murderer pedophile, who are you really hurting here?

The classroom teacher is an analogy.
I think the problem is our limited choices. If you don’t like the job Biden and company is doing, what’s your only alternative. An alternative that you don’t like either? There isn’t any. You’d be surprise at the amount of people disgusted with both major parties who end up voting for the lesser of two evils, the party they want to lose the least, not win, but lose the least. I’ve been there and done that. Then there were times I was so fed up and disgusted with my choices, I voted third party just so I’d have my vote officially registered as being against both major parties.

I don’t think you realize how much swing voters, independents dislike both major parties. They only govern for their base anyway, not for America as a whole. That’s governing for around 30% of all America. Doing so as they do, it doesn’t surprise me that soon after being elected, an election or two cycle later they’re booted out.

This happened in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 and probably in 2022. Presidential wise, the same. We went from G.H.W. Bush to Bill Clinton to G.W. Bush to Obama, to Trump to Biden. Who knows about 2024?

I think the problem is our limited choices. If you don’t like the job Biden and company is doing, what’s your only alternative. An alternative that you don’t like either? There isn’t any.

Are you suggesting that the two parties are equally bad? And if so, why do you believe that?

You’d be surprise at the amount of people disgusted with both major parties who end up voting for the lesser of two evils

That's how choices are. One is better than the other, or worse than the other, if you will. There's no such thing as perfect vs something-less-than-perfect.

, the party they want to lose the least, not win, but lose the least. I’ve been there and done that. Then there were times I was so fed up and disgusted with my choices, I voted third party just so I’d have my vote officially registered as being against both major parties.

I don’t think you realize how much swing voters, independents dislike both major parties. They only govern for their base anyway, not for America as a whole. That’s governing for around 30% of all America. Doing so as they do, it doesn’t surprise me that soon after being elected, an election or two cycle later they’re booted out.

This happened in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 and probably in 2022. Presidential wise, the same. We went from G.H.W. Bush to Bill Clinton to G.W. Bush to Obama, to Trump to Biden. Who knows about 2024?

What do independents want? Policy-wise, I mean. Not basic concepts like "cooperation" and "good hygiene."

Been a while since I posted. But I voted today... and while in line heard a particular worldview summed up rather succinctly. The line was fairly long for 10am, and the word was it was about an hour wait. Others were complaining that there were only 5 voting machines running for this large polling place. Then one man spoke up:

"Well, you know why. They have been explaining it on the news for 3 years now. They want to suppress our vote. At least this isn't a 'bad neighborhood'. You know they are making it worse for the folks in 'bad neighborhoods'."

So much to unpack in 4 sentences. I will leave it as is though... Should be a fun night to watch. I do not see a result that does not end is turmoil.

I hope I am wrong.

Been a while since I posted. But I voted today... and while in line heard a particular worldview summed up rather succinctly. The line was fairly long for 10am, and the word was it was about an hour wait. Others were complaining that there were only 5 voting machines running for this large polling place. Then one man spoke up:

"Well, you know why. They have been explaining it on the news for 3 years now. They want to suppress our vote. At least this isn't a 'bad neighborhood'. You know they are making it worse for the folks in 'bad neighborhoods'."

So much to unpack in 4 sentences. I will leave it as is though... Should be a fun night to watch. I do not see a result that does not end is turmoil.

I hope I am wrong.
That was literally my sentiment to my wife during our long wait: "At least we aren't in some of the places where this happens on purpose."

Are you suggesting that the two parties are equally bad? And if so, why do you believe that?

That's how choices are. One is better than the other, or worse than the other, if you will. There's no such thing as perfect vs something-less-than-perfect.

What do independents want? Policy-wise, I mean. Not basic concepts like "cooperation" and "good hygiene."
An American agenda, not just a Republican nor just a Democratic one. This push by both parties further left and further right has left many with no political party to call home as both major parties shrink. In 2006 independents made up 30% of the electorate, today independents are up to 43% as more desert both major parties.

Members or party loyalist can’t see this, all they see is through either deep red or deep blue colored glasses. They think everyone else believes as they do. If not, then their stupid and ignorant.

What do independents want? Perhaps compromise, the middle way, good government for all the people, not just for Republicans and or democrats.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx

But both major parties stand in the way of this.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/pol.../07/07/public-says-it-prefers-compromise-poll

The thing is you’ll not get compromise or good government as long as we remain in today’s modern political era of polarization, the great divide and the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship shown by both major parties. It use not be this way, but that seems like eons ago. Here’s an example of what I think most independents want from the two major parties which could have, but didn’t happen after the 2020 election due to today's modern political era we're in.

Senate approves 50-50 power-sharing plan

An American agenda, not just a Republican nor just a Democratic one. This push by both parties further left and further right has left many with no political party to call home as both major parties shrink. In 2006 independents made up 30% of the electorate, today independents are up to 43% as more desert both major parties.

Members or party loyalist can’t see this, all they see is through either deep red or deep blue colored glasses. They think everyone else believes as they do. If not, then their stupid and ignorant.

What do independents want? Perhaps compromise, the middle way, good government for all the people, not just for Republicans and or democrats.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx

But both major parties stand in the way of this.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/pol.../07/07/public-says-it-prefers-compromise-poll

The thing is you’ll not get compromise or good government as long as we remain in today’s modern political era of polarization, the great divide and the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship shown by both major parties. It use not be this way, but that seems like eons ago. Here’s an example of what I think most independents want from the two major parties which could have, but didn’t happen after the 2020 election due to today's modern political era we're in.

Senate approves 50-50 power-sharing plan

I asked what you wanted policy-wise. "Compromise" is nice, but that doesn't tell me what policies you prefer.

Massive red wave. To be repeated again in 24 months in with an even larger wave.

Democrats defunded, pronoun'd, and Covid'd their way into obsolescence for the next decade.

Roe v Wade gone. Affirmative action gone. Twitter no longer under their full control. Crime, border control, energy, CRT, inflation, Afghanistan, Hunter Biden......Democrats literally could not have possible done worse the past two years. Blue cities are a sea of tents, homelessness, open drug use, rape, and illegals. New York City literally smells like weed all day every day.

Even Oregon, New York, Washington, and key seats in California are up for grabs this election.

And while Republicans have DeSantis, Youngkin, Lake, Scott, and lots of star players in waiting, the Deomocrats still have their hopes on Beto, Abrams, and others who can't even win a single election.

Today will be full of glorious Shadenfreude.
:ROFLMAO: I love these predictions. Confirmation bias and wishful thinking is a powerful combination. The GOP will win today and then the electorate will remember they hate them just as much as they hate the Dems.

We waited in line for an hour and a half at the church where the voting was held. Ugh. Their internet connection was a hot spot, so I guess Jesus hates wifi.
I think he prefers more "direct" communication...
;)

Newsweek is predicting a GOP +3 pickup....with some pretty low quality candidates.

I am ROTFLMAO.

This is going to be a very long day...
Month. This thing probably won't be officially "over" if many precincts screw the pooch one way or another.

As it is, Pennsylvania is looking to be this election cycle's "Florida 2000".

Yeah. I always laugh when we get incompetent legislators.

Way to cheer ****ing over the country.

Nobody said anything about the quality of the idiots they are supposedly going to defeat.

So, as has been the case, you'll probably have your ass fall off from laughing so hard this evening as you see who is taking over.

I walked into mine this morning. LOADS of people but absolutely no line. It was moving to perfection.

So Lucerne County ran out of ballots hours before the voting deadline?

LOL, how very convenient.

I waited 2 minutes.
Only one race, 4th District House race in Richmond, VA. Only one on the ballot. I had to turn the ballot over to see if there was more :ROFLMAO:. Nope.
In and out in 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom