• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:153]Don't You Liberals Realize that your Welfare for life program will result in nat'l bankruptcy

Virgil Jones

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Honestly, you don't think so many third world peasants will work out, with you in power, without national bankruptcy?

Re: Don't You Liberals Realize that your Welfare for life program will result in national bankruptcy

Economic assistance is not a repub/liberal thing. Just as many poor republicans as there are poor democrats, and they're all on assistance.

Re-title the bait thread. You might get better debate that way.

Re: Don't You Liberals Realize that your Welfare for life program will result in national bankruptcy

Honestly, you don't think so many third world peasants will work out, with you in power, without national bankruptcy?

I can't think of a single liberal who supports "welfare for life" but it does make a good stawman.

straw-man-meme.jpg

Economic assistance is not a repub/liberal thing. Just as many poor republicans as there are poor democrats, and they're all on assistance.

What about crime? Why is it that most crimes in the west are committed by leftists? Is it the laws? Consider that 52% of murders in the US are committed by 13% of the population. How is that possible?

If you really think that just as many republicans are on welfare as democrats, perhaps you should post those official stats

What about crime? Why is it that most crimes in the west are committed by leftists? Is it the laws? Consider that 52% of murders in the US are committed by 13% of the population. How is that possible?

OK, but what about Frisbees?

I can't think of a single liberal who supports "welfare for life" but it does make a good stawman.

straw-man-meme.jpg

Perhaps you don't get out much

Perhaps you don't get out much

I live in Northern Florida. Literally everyone I know who is on welfare here is an avid Trump supporter.

OK, but what about Frisbees?

Latinos are also heavily in the crime logs. White people, not so much. As for frisbees, I once had a dog that could catch them.

I live in Northern Florida. Literally everyone I know who is on welfare here is an avid Trump supporter.

I have a sister on welfare, a true Obama devotee. Your fake news stories do not impress me. Lie all you want

There are 5 times as many blacks on welfare as whites, based on population size.

You leftists teach latinos to be victims as well, resulting in an untenable situation with 22 million to 30 million illegals in this country now. We cannot afford this.

I have a sister on welfare, a true Obama devotee. Your fake news stories do not impress me. Lie all you want

My friends are fake news? That may be news to them.

There are 5 times as many blacks on welfare as whites, based on population size.

You leftists teach latinos to be victims as well, resulting in an untenable situation with 22 million to 30 million illegals in this country now. We cannot afford this.

Huh?

Medicaid had more than 70 million beneficiaries in 2016, of whom 43 percent were white, 18 percent black, and 30 percent Hispanic. Of 43 million food stamp recipients that year, 36.2 percent were white, 25.6 percent black, 17.2 percent Hispanic and 15.5 percent unknown.

My friends are fake news? That may be news to them.

The entire Democrat Party is fake news. Just consider the Democratic party legacy:

Slavery, Jim Crowe, Dred Scott, The KKK, Opposition to Civil Rights.

Yes, that is your legacy in a nutshell.

Now you focus on "white privilege" and other racist pogroms again conservative white people, with you liberal whites hating yourselves. Well done.

The entire Democrat Party is fake news. Just consider the Democratic party legacy:

Slavery, Jim Crowe, Dred Scott, The KKK, Opposition to Civil Rights.

Yes, that is your legacy in a nutshell.

Now you focus on "white privilege" and other racist pogroms again conservative white people, with you liberal whites hating yourselves. Well done.

I am not a Democrat. But yes, that has been the legacy of Southern Democrats. Until they switched parties after the Civil Rights era.

Huh?

Medicaid had more than 70 million beneficiaries in 2016, of whom 43 percent were white, 18 percent black, and 30 percent Hispanic. Of 43 million food stamp recipients that year, 36.2 percent were white, 25.6 percent black, 17.2 percent Hispanic and 15.5 percent unknown.

43% were white, yet whites are 70% of the population. 30 million were black, despite being 13% of the population

43% were white, yet whites are 70% of the population. 30 million were black, despite being 13% of the population

I believe you said 5 times? Could you work that math out for me? Would not want to accuse you of fake news.

I am not a Democrat. But yes, that has been the legacy of Southern Democrats. Until they switched parties after the Civil Rights era.

The only one who switched was Strom Thurmond and nobody care about what that asshole had to say

I believe you said 5 times? Could you work that math out for me? Would not want to accuse you of fake news.

It is a per population calculation, perhaps you think it is unfair?

If 13% of the population (blacks) commit 52% of the murders (since 1980), then the math is 52 to 13. Close to 5 times.

The only one who switched was Strom Thurmond and nobody care about what that asshole had to say

That is factually and historically incorrect. Johnson even famously predicted handing the South to Republicans immediately after signing the Civil Rights Act. It was the campaign strategy of Nixon that took him to the White House.

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-party-of-lincoln-won-over-the-once-democratic-south

The night that Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his special assistant Bill Moyers was surprised to find the president looking melancholy in his bedroom. Moyers later wrote that when he asked what was wrong, Johnson replied, “I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come.”It may seem a crude remark to make after such a momentous occasion, but it was also an accurate prediction.
To understand some of the reasons the South went from a largely Democratic region to a primarily Republican area today, just follow the decades of debate over racial issues in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

That (bolded above) assertion is nonsense - which is likely why you didn't (can't and therefore won't) post a link to back it up.

It is a per population calculation, perhaps you think it is unfair?

What is 25.6 percent of 43 million? What is 18 percent of 70 million? It isn't unfair, your math is simply wrong.

Seems like a lot of new trolls joined the forum in the new year.

That is factually and historically incorrect. Johnson even famously predicted handing the South to Republicans immediately after signing the Civil Rights Act. It was the campaign strategy of Nixon that took him to the White House.

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-party-of-lincoln-won-over-the-once-democratic-south

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Dinsesh DSouza recently named those who switched in his film. Obviously, since Obama imprisoned him for a year for his films, there has to be some truth there. An awful lot of truth.

Back
Top Bottom