• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#149]An interview if you want to understand Putin's thinking behind the war

Yeah, he was so eager to avoid a nuclear conflict that he supplied his most advanced jet fighter aircraft and pilots to the North Koreans and Chinese, while the Ukrainians can't get Sleepy to authorize the transfer of a handful of Soviet-era MiG-29s.

The last post I plan to read from you doesn't deserve a response.

The last post I plan to read from you doesn't deserve a response.

Sorry. Don’t mind me. I’m just pissed and venting because people are dying unnecessarily due to our president’s stupidity.

It's a good headline, but doesn't mean 'support Putin'. It leaves out things like the bill being part of a $1.5 trillion bill, their wanting them split, and their complaining about having no time to review the bill.

What's wrong with the bigger bill?

I don't think something is wrong with it, but Republicans are taking issue with it - which is different than supporting Putin.

I think you're making a mistake thinking of them as mutually exclusive issues.
They're finding something wrong with it because they support Putin.

I think you're making a mistake thinking of them as mutually exclusive issues.
They're finding something wrong with it because they support Putin.
Yes, Republicans have never had any issues with Democratic budgets except as support for Putin. Seriously?

You're not making sense trying to make it about Putin.

Yes, Republicans have never had any issues with Democratic budgets except as support for Putin. Seriously?

You're not making sense trying to make it about Putin.

Ask yourself how many Republicans are parroting the Putin talking points about Ukraine, the so called "secret US bioweapons labs", the "Ukraine is run by nazis" crap, the entire Republican Party is part of a gigantic
feedback loop comprised of The Kremlin, Qanon, FOX News. Marjorie Taylor Green is very VERY likely to become a BIG GOP power broker if Republicans win in the midterms, and she is repeating the Putin conspiracy theory that the attack on the maternity hospital in Mariupol, Ukraine was staged.

Take a close look at the individuals who voted against.
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Burr (R-NC)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Fischer (R-NE)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
Paul (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sasse (R-NE)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Tillis (R-NC)
Toomey (R-PA)

"What in the hell are we doing here? I asked for the Senate to do a very simple thing: vote today on desperately needed aid for Ukraine, and Senate Democrats have blocked it," Scott said in an angry floor speech. "We could send this to the president's desk today, but Senate Democrats have said no because they're insisting that it be passed with the omnibus."

---Tell me what specifically is in the omnibus package that offends them so much, other than pretty much everything because AS WE already KNOW, Republicans LOVE
government shutdowns.
Sorry Craig but it's difficult for me to not see that they wanted to make Democrats look soft on Ukraine, which is precisely WHY so many of them went on
TV news talking point junkets IMMEDIATELY in order to "demand Biden do more for Ukraine".
That last part is exactly WHY I see it as all about Ukraine, they MADE it about Ukraine.... "Biden must do more for Ukraine" while VOTING AGAINST the bill that has aid for Ukraine attached.

The bill DID pass but I am pointing out that the people listed above are Putin puffers, and you know it.

Sorry Craig but it's difficult for me to not see that they wanted to make Democrats look soft on Ukraine, which is precisely WHY so many of them went on TV news talking point junkets IMMEDIATELY in order to "demand Biden do more for Ukraine".

I certainly don't put it above them politicizing 'Biden is weak on Ukraine' attacks, however false and hypocritical. But 'Biden should do more to help Ukraine' isn't exactly a Putin talking point.
The bill DID pass but I am pointing out that the people listed above are Putin puffers, and you know it.

You're right the fact it passed has nothing to do with their voting no, does nothing to absolve them; but you can't just assert their reason for voting no was to serve Putin. If Putin was in favor of Obama's Iran nuclear deal, could someone just say "Obama did that deal to serve Putin"?

Back
Top Bottom