• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:148] Affirmative Action promotes systemic racial discrimination.

So we agree that if AA policies and procedures that systematically discriminate against Asian-American applicants and discriminate for black applicants at Harvard [and other elite universities] are illegal and should be stopped? And yet you still want us to believe that the huge difference in SAT scores and other objective predictors of academic success between blacks and Asian-American applicants is not evidence of unlawful policies that the AA administrators at Harvard are doing to limit the number of Asian-Americans? And these AA policies and procedures at Harvard are greatly increasing the number of much less qualified black applicants at Harvard. And even though this discrimination is the result of policies and procedures being administrated by the AA bureaucrats at Harvard this is not AA? Seems a tad incongruous. Is that some kind of leftist logic?

You are the one make lame ad hominem insults. Kind of looks like you do not want to debate what is really going on in the name of AA and pretend it is not really AA. That is your argument and it seems out of sync with the evidence and logic to me.

My claims are not false. Your pretense that what is done by AA administrators to discriminate against much better qualified Asian-American applicants to Harvard and for much less academically qualified black applicants has nothing to do with AA seems a tad far fetched.

Just exposing the flaws in your questionable argument. That is not an excuse but just an explanation of what is and is not reality.
BOOM!! and there it is . . the but but but train fails again LMAO Man I called that perfectly

Nice try . .your lies, moronic strawmen, and false claims were proven wrong . . more deflecting and repeating your failed lies and strawmen won't change that.
I made no "argument" i pointed out the fact that you dont know what AA is and that the claims in the OP and thread title cant be supported with any facts that make them true.
You can post with honesty and integrity and admit that fact or keep denying it and continue our entertainment. The choice is yours.

Either way . . .the fact remains anything that discriminates/breaks the law or takes into consideration (takes into regard) race, gender, etc etc is by definition is NOT AA no matter what YOU or anybody else falsely "claims". This fact wont change no matter how many meltdowns and tantrums you post.

We get it, you want your feelings to matter they just dont. Facts dont care about your feelings. thanks for entertainment🙋‍♂️

😁🍿

BOOM!! and there it is . . the but but but train fails again LMAO Man I called that perfectly

Nice try . .your lies, moronic strawmen, and false claims were proven wrong . . more deflecting and repeating your failed lies and strawmen won't change that.
I made no "argument" i pointed out the fact that you dont know what AA is and that the claims in the OP and thread title cant be supported with any facts that make them true.
You can post with honesty and integrity and admit that fact or keep denying it and continue our entertainment. The choice is yours.
More lame ad hominem insults. That is what you see from people who are driven more by ego and emotion than in any reall interest in determining what is and is not most likely true.
Either way . . .the fact remains anything that discriminates/breaks the law or takes into consideration (takes into regard) race, gender, etc etc is by definition is NOT AA no matter what YOU or anybody else falsely "claims". This fact wont change no matter how many meltdowns and tantrums you post.
So when Harvard's AA bureaucrats were systematically discriminating against Asian-Americans and showing a clear preference for people who they identified as black Americans they were breaking the law? And yet they were doing exactly what the Executive Orders from JFK and LBJ that created AA sought to accomplish. So AA as practiced at Harvard is violating the law. Can we agree on that?
We get it, you want your feelings to matter they just dont. Facts dont care about your feelings. thanks for entertainment🙋‍♂️

😁🍿
Actually, the law matters and it appears we agree that discriminating for or against people based on the race or ethnicity is unethical and illegal. And yet that is exactly what Harvard's AA bureaucrats have been doing for decades. That is in fact what AA bureaucrats in the Federal government have been doing. That is what AA is in practice. But you say what the AA bureaucrats are doing has nothing to do with AA because AA cannot legally discriminate based on race? That seems like a rather disingenuous argument. According to you I am wrong because I am calling what is done in the name of AA, by people who are in fact AA administrators and bureaucrats, that it is not really AA because you believe Cornell's AA bureaucrats that AA does not discriminate based on race? And you think you are winning this debate? That is entertaining progressive left logic at its finest.

More lame ad hominem insults. That is what you see from people who are driven more by ego and emotion than in any reall interest in determining what is and is not most likely true.

So when Harvard's AA bureaucrats were systematically discriminating against Asian-Americans and showing a clear preference for people who they identified as black Americans they were breaking the law? And yet they were doing exactly what the Executive Orders from JFK and LBJ that created AA sought to accomplish. So AA as practiced at Harvard is violating the law. Can we agree on that?

Actually, the law matters and it appears we agree that discriminating for or against people based on the race or ethnicity is unethical and illegal. And yet that is exactly what Harvard's AA bureaucrats have been doing for decades. That is in fact what AA bureaucrats in the Federal government have been doing. That is what AA is in practice. But you say what the AA bureaucrats are doing has nothing to do with AA because AA cannot legally discriminate based on race? That seems like a rather disingenuous argument. According to you I am wrong because I am calling what is done in the name of AA, by people who are in fact AA administrators and bureaucrats, that it is not really AA because you believe Cornell's AA bureaucrats that AA does not discriminate based on race? And you think you are winning this debate? That is entertaining progressive left logic at its finest.
Aaaaaand another long meaningless post about your feelings filled with lies LMAO. this is awesome and keeps getting better and better!.

here we go lets put a cherry on top and test your honesty and integrity for all to see.
What AA actually is was already posted and proven by me in post 198.

So here's a very simple question,is this statement true:
"Anything that discriminates/breaks the law by taking into consideration (take into regard) race, gender, etc etc is by definition is NOT AA"
YES or NO

any other answer besides a simple yes or no will tell us all we need to know.
Ready? . . GO!! Yes or no

I cant wait to see this 😁 🍿

Aaaaaand another long meaningless post about your feelings filled with lies LMAO. this is awesome and keeps getting better and better!.

here we go lets put a cherry on top and test your honesty and integrity for all to see.
What AA actually is was already posted and proven by me in post 198.
Nope, what AA has been and continues to be in practice is preferential treatment of under-represented minorities. There can be no doubt that Harvard's AA policies have allowed academically less qualified black-, Hispanic-, and Native-American applicants to be accepted over better qualified white-, and Asian-American applicants at elite colleges. The fact that you found an article that implied it is illegal to do what AA has been doing for decades and is clearly still doing at Harvard, does not change reality. It just shows AA in practice is not in sync with the law according to a Cornell Law definition. Who cares how some progressive left elite university defines AA, when in fact Cornell continues to use the same (or very similar) AA policies as Harvard and other elite universities to justify discrimination based on race? Does some definition of AA trump how AA is in fact being practiced? I think not. You are making a semantic argument.
So here's a very simple question,is this statement true:
"Anything that discriminates/breaks the law by taking into consideration (take into regard) race, gender, etc etc is by definition is NOT AA"
YES or NO
By some definition Yes, but not by all definitions of AA and certainly not by how AA is in fact being used. More importantly than how AA is defined is how it is being practiced. Clearly AA bureaucrats are still practicing race-based discrimination against Asian-American applicants at elite universities like Harvard, Cornell Does AA as practice break the law? I think we agree it does.

Does AA as it has been and is being practiced by Harvard's AA bureaucrats today at odds with the Cornell Law definition because it discriminates based on race? Yes. Does this prove anything? Yup, it shows progressive left ideologues are using AA policies that in the real world to systematically discriminate based on race (and other factors) but are pretending what they are doing is not race-based discrimination. That is hypocrisy.
any other answer besides a simple yes or no will tell us all we need to know.
Ready? . . GO!! Yes or no

I cant wait to see this 😁 🍿
So your argument is semantic. The definition of AA is a semantic issue, but in practice what AA bureaucrats do determines what it is. That means your dubious argument here is only an issue of what word someone thinks is appropriate. It is an issue of word choice rather than of real substance. My claims are based on reality of how AA policies and procedures are being used to justify race-based and increasingly other types of discrimination that I and most Americans believe are out of sync with the law and so should be stopped.

So when AA bureaucrats are discriminating for and against individuals based in part on race is that illegal and immoral? Yes or No?
If we agree raced based discrimination should be viewed illegal and yet the AA bureaucrats have been violating the law does this not mean AA bureaucrats should be arrested and prosecuted for their criminal acts? Yes or No?

Last edited:
Nope, what AA has been and continues to be in practice is preferential treatment of under-represented minorities. There can be no doubt that Harvard's AA policies have allowed academically less qualified black-, Hispanic-, and Native-American applicants to be accepted over better qualified white-, and Asian-American applicants at elite colleges. The fact that you found an article that implied it is illegl to do what AA has been doing for decades and is clearly still doing at Harvard does not change reality. I just shows AA in practice is not in sync with the law according to a Cornell Law definition. Who cares how some progressive left elite university defines AA? Does that trump how AA is in fact being proacticed? I think not.

Not as it has been and is still being practiced. Does AA as practice break the law? I think we agree it does. Does AA as it has been and is being practiced by Harvard's AA bureaucrats today in opposition to the Cornell Law definition because it discriminates based on race? Yes. Does this prove anything? Yup, it shows progressive left ideologues are using AA policies that in the real world to systematically discriminate based on race (and other factors) but are pretending what they are doing is not race-based discrimination. That is hypocrisy.

Your argument is semantic. The definition of AA is a semantic issue. That means it is only an issue of what word someone thinks is appropriate -- it is an issue of word choice rather than of real substance. My claims are based on reality of how AA policies and procedures are being used to justify discrimination that I and most Americans believe is illegal and should be stopped.

So when AA bureaucrats in fact are discriminating for and against people based in part on race is that illegal and immoral? Yes or No?
It seems we agree raced based discrimination should be viewed illegal and yet the AA bureaucrats have been violating this law. Should they be arrested and prosecuted for their criminal acts? Yes or No?
LMAO can I call it or can I call!!!!! . . . wow kicking the shit out of your posts is so easy. This is awesome!
i didnt even read any of that nonsense . . all you had to do to show you are posting in good faith based on honesty and integrity was answer yes or no . . . one word . . . two or three letters instead you posted some unhinge triggered meltdown deflections LMAO

thank you for proving my point! Now go ahead make another long failed post that changes nothing. 😂

Facts:
-There has been nothing presented in this thread that make the false claims in your op or thread title factual.
-Anything that discriminates/breaks the law by taking into consideration (take into regard) race, gender, etc etc is by definition is NOT AA
Facts > than your feelings

🍿

Last edited:
LMAO can I call it or can I call!!!!! . . . wow kicking the shit out of your posts is so easy. This is awesome!
i didnt even read any of that nonsense . . all you had to do to show you are posting in good faith based on honesty and integrity was answer yes or no . . . one word . . . two or three letters instead you posted some unhinge triggered meltdown deflections LMAO

thank you for proving my point! Now go ahead make another long failed post that changes nothing. 😂

Facts:
-There has been nothing presented in this thread that make the false claims in your op or thread title factual.
-Anything that discriminates/breaks the law by taking into consideration (take into regard) race, gender, etc etc is by definition is NOT AA

🍿
Wrong. What I stated is correct based on how AA bureaucrats are using their diversity goals to discriminate based on race and other factors. Your semantic argument is irrelevant as it is clear AA policies and procedure are out of sync with how AA policies are being used in the real world. Your chosen definition of AA is out of sync with how AA operates in the real world so your simplistic semantic argument proves nothing other than you would rather debate semantics and I am far more interested in what is and is not happening in the real world. The sad truth is what you define as AA is not what AA us in practice. And you have been unable to answer my questions, while I have no trouble answering yours.

Wrong. What I stated is correct based on how AA bureaucrats are using their diversity goals to discriminate based on race and other factors. Your semantic argument is irrelevant as it is clear AA policies and procedure are out of sync with how AA policies are being used in the real world. Your chosen definition of AA is out of sync with how AA operates in the real world so your simplistic semantic argument proves nothing other than you would rather debate semantics and I am far more interested in what is and is not happening in the real world. The sad truth is what you define as AA is not what AA us in practice. And you have been unable to answer my questions, while I have no trouble answering yours.
is there anyone who actually denies that AA allows blacks with substandard academic records and test scores to jump ahead of whites and asians with higher numbers when it comes to admissions at elite universities?

No matter how many factual lies you post reality doesn't change it just further my entertainment watching your post fail over and over again LMAO
Facts:

😁 🍿

No matter how many factual lies you post reality doesn't change it just further my entertainment watching your post fail over and over again LMAO
Facts:

😁 🍿
Actually, two things have been proven. First it is clear that AA in practice is immoral and certainly illegal. Some lame definition of AA from some elitist progressive left lawyer at Cornell does not change that reality. Secondly, your semantic argument is disingenuous and you are desperately avoiding any and all questions about how AA is being used in the real world. That is what is being debated here. You cannot even say whether or not you believe race-based discrimination by AA bureaucrats is the norm, and if it is the norm claim that it is immoral. You just do not like calling AA what it is, and prefer to call it what it has been shown not to be in practice. Par for the course for a progressive left ideologue.

Actually, two things have been proven. First it is clear that AA in practice is immoral and certainly illegal. Some lame definition of AA from some elitist progressive left lawyer at Cornell does not change that reality. Secondly, your semantic argument is disingenuous and you are desperately avoiding any and all questions about how AA is being used in the real world. That is what is being debated here. You cannot even say whether or not you believe race-based discrimination by AA bureaucrats is the norm, and if it is the norm claim that it is immoral. You just do not like calling AA what it is, and prefer to call it what it has been shown not to be in practice. Par for the course for a progressive left ideologue.
more failed feelings, opinions, lies, strawmen, deflections and meaningless claims but ZERO facts, I love it! So much desperation but nothing more than another swing and a miss!
Quick post another triggered a meltdown and false claims that change zero facts!!!! GRRRRRRR LMAO
ZcUhJks.gif

🍿

more failed feelings, opinions, lies, strawmen, deflections and meaningless claims but ZERO facts 😂 I love it! So much desperation but nothing more than another swing and a miss!
Quick post another triggered a meltdown and false claims that change zero facts!!!! LMAO

🍿
are you denying that Affirmative Action has allowed blacks-with lower academic scores and poorer records-to get into elite universities ahead of whites/Asians with better scores and records?

are you denying that Affirmative Action has allowed blacks-with lower academic scores and poorer records-to get into elite universities ahead of whites/Asians with better scores and records?
Im pointing out the fact that the claims in the OP and thread title cant be backed by anything that makes them factually true and I easily proved that fact. 😁

Im pointing out the fact that the claims in the OP and thread title cant be backed by anything that makes them factually true and I easily proved that fact. 😁
well we both know that whites have lost admissions to lower qualified blacks and that certainly promotes discrimination based on race

well we both know that whites have lost admissions to lower qualified blacks and that certainly promotes discrimination based on race
WHats your cliam have to do with my post and the facts i proved about the failed op? oh that's right . . . . . .absolutely nothing LMAO
😂 🍿

WHats your cliam have to do with my post and the facts i proved about the failed op? oh that's right . . . . . .absolutely nothing LMAO
😂 🍿
Affirmative Action (AA) began with an presidential executive order by JFK back in 1961. Over time AA has evolved into laws and regulations that support systemic racism. Paradoxically the intent of AA was it was supposed to undermine racial discrimination. Like so many progressive left programs AA actually creates systemic racial discrimination and undermines individual liberty. No doubt the intent of AA was to reduce race based discrimination, but the effect of AA is now the only form of government promoted and condoned race-based discrimination. AA is immoral and conflicts with the civil rights laws which were intended to outlaw and discourage racial discrimination. AA seriously undermine merit and demands people be judged less on objective qualifications and more based on race, ethnicity, and gender indenity.

the OP noted that AA is racial discrimination. He is correct

Affirmative Action promotes systemic racial discrimination.
- Over time AA has evolved into laws and regulations that support systemic racism.
- Like so many progressive left programs AA actually creates systemic racial discrimination and undermines individual liberty.
- No doubt the intent of AA was to reduce race based discrimination, but the effect of AA is now the only form of government promoted and condoned race-based discrimination.
- AA is immoral and conflicts with the civil rights laws which were intended to outlaw and discourage racial discrimination.
-AA seriously undermine merit and demands people be judged less on objective qualifications and more based on race, ethnicity, and gender indenity.

the OP noted that AA is racial discrimination. He is correct
cool-story-bro-r8fsdt.jpg

:ROFLMAO: 😂 :ROFLMAO:😁

Affirmative Action (AA) began with an presidential executive order by JFK back in 1961. Over time AA has evolved into laws and regulations that support systemic racism. Paradoxically the intent of AA was it was supposed to undermine racial discrimination. Like so many progressive left programs AA actually creates systemic racial discrimination and undermines individual liberty. No doubt the intent of AA was to reduce race based discrimination, but the effect of AA is now the only form of government promoted and condoned race-based discrimination. AA is immoral and conflicts with the civil rights laws which were intended to outlaw and discourage racial discrimination. AA seriously undermine merit and demands people be judged less on objective qualifications and more based on race, ethnicity, and gender indenity.

I thought discrimination based on race was against the law.

This pretty much sums up the essence of Affirmative Action:

AA seriously undermines merit and demands people be judged less on objective qualifications and more based on race, ethnicity, and gender identity.

your stupid argument has been annihilated and this is the best you can do. AA is institutionalized racial discrimination against whites and Asians and it also is racist in seeing blacks as less competent than whites and Asians

BOOM! and another post that shows people factually have no clue what AA is.😂
That would be against AA.

this is awesome, these type of tin foil hat dishonest threads always fail and get the shit kicked out of them LOL
Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?
AA is discrimination base on race.
Why can't you see that?
Ask the hard working Asian students what they think of affirmative action that favors black students because of skin color and not because of academic merit.

your stupid argument has been annihilated and this is the best you can do. AA is institutionalized racial discrimination against whites and Asians and it also is racist in seeing blacks as less competent than whites and Asians
its cute that you think your feelings and opinions matter or that i presented any "argument" but they don't and i didn't.
I simply pointed out facts and exposed the OP for the nonsense hence why nobody could prove otherwise. ANd then I watched the op and now you meltdown about it and its AWESOME! 😂 :ROFLMAO:

Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?
AA is discrimination base on race.
Why can't you see that?
Ask the hard working Asian students what they think of affirmative action that favors black students because of skin color and not because of academic merit.
Facts and definitions prove otherwise.
Asian students? They have nothing to do with anything i said. LMAO
😂🍿

Facts and definitions prove otherwise.
Asian students? They have nothing to do with anything i said. LMAO
😂🍿
Asians are a people of color. They are being discriminated against by people who believe African-Americans deserve to be preferred over Asians who worked hard to achieve academic success. But you can't see that.

Asians are a people of color. They are being discriminated against by people who believe African-Americans deserve to be preferred over Asians who worked hard to achieve academic success. But you can't see that.
:ROFLMAO: 😂 People of color? What do "people of color" have to do with what i said and the facts i pointed out?
THis is what happens when posters get triggered and post moronic meltdowns that have nothing to do with what I posted . . . WOW

Fact remains the claims in the OP and the thread title itself has nothing to prove that its factual. Maybe read them again and read things I actually posted.
Let me know if there's any other factual mistakes i can help you with, you're welcome!

I thought discrimination based on race was against the law.

This pretty much sums up the essence of Affirmative Action:

AA seriously undermines merit and demands people be judged less on objective qualifications and more based on race, ethnicity, and gender identity.
True, but AGENT J's arguments makes no sense. What he is doing is what cult's do. He is making ad hominem insults, he is denying objective evidence, he is making semantic arguments, and he is providing no objective evidence to rebut my arguments. Why? What he is doing is what people who are part of a cult do. It is the first step in attempting to brainwash those who disagree with the cult's dubious ideology. If you found yourself in a CCP "re-education camp" what he is doing is the same step one methodology. If you were a Christian and the cult of radical Islam had power over you they would also use these brain washing techniques. Of course, they are more effective the people doing the brainwashing have the power seriously harm or kill you. But if you have ever gone through "diversity training" required by your employer then you can see why the progressive left seek to have more authority over those that do not share dubious ideology. You can see how angry AGENT J is getting. Can you imagine if he had the power to ruin your life? If you want to see how the progressive left is trying to destroy the US to make more people dependent on the government take a look at what is going on now in Cuba, or Hong Kong, or in South Africa. Where ever Marxist totalitarians gain power you see individual freedom and free enterprise being destroyed and the people converted into this delusional cult.

The reason the progressive left cult makes no sense is because they have no principles and their utopian dream invariably turns into a nightmare for those who find themselves living under such tyrannical rulers. Just as the Marxist political leaders in S. Africa sowed racial animus and promised the blacks retributions for past discrimination we are seeing the US now going in this same dangerous direction. S. Africa had open borders, had AA and reparations, and we are seeing more and more of the oppressed minority fleeing the country just as we saw when Castro took over Cuba or Mao took over China. We see a two tiered justice system developing in the US where only members of the ruling Marxist ideologues are protected from the law. Do you see any difference in the way Trump and his sons were treated by the FBI and our legal system and the way the Biden and his son Hunter are being treated by the FBI and the US Justice system? Why do you suppose Biden/Harris want millions of poor uneducated people coming to the US, but not those from Cuba? Why do you suppose the Democrat party is undermining the ability of our police to enforce the laws against rioters who are members of Antifa and BLM but are very aggressively prosecuting the law breakers who killed no one but are refusing to prosecute rioters committing mayhem in Democrat controlled cities?

True, but AGENT J's arguments makes no sense. What he is doing is what cult's do. He is making ad hominem insults, he is denying objective evidence, he is making semantic arguments, and he is providing no objective evidence to rebut my arguments. Why? What he is doing is what people who are part of a cult do. It is the first step in attempting to brainwash those who disagree with the cult's dubious ideology. If you found yourself in a CCP "re-education camp" what he is doing is the same step one methodology. If you were a Christian and the cult of radical Islam had power over you they would also use these brain washing techniques. Of course, they are more effective the people doing the brainwashing have the power seriously harm or kill you. But if you have ever gone through "diversity training" required by your employer then you can see why the progressive left seek to have more authority over those that do not share dubious ideology. You can see how angry AGENT J is getting. Can you imagine if he had the power to ruin your life? If you want to see how the progressive left is trying to destroy the US to make more people dependent on the government take a look at what is going on now in Cuba, or Hong Kong, or in South Africa. Where ever Marxist totalitarians gain power you see individual freedom and free enterprise being destroyed and the people converted into this delusional cult.

The reason the progressive left cult makes no sense is because they have no principles and their utopian dream invariably turns into a nightmare for those who find themselves living under such tyrannical rulers. Just as the Marxist political leaders in S. Africa sowed racial animus and promised the blacks retributions for past discrimination we are seeing the US now going in this same dangerous direction. S. Africa had open borders, had AA and reparations, and we are seeing more and more of the oppressed minority fleeing the country just as we saw when Castro took over Cuba or Mao took over China. We see a two tiered justice system developing in the US where only members of the ruling Marxist ideologues are protected from the law. Do you see any difference in the way Trump and his sons were treated by the FBI and our legal system and the way the Biden and his son Hunter are being treated by the FBI and the US Justice system? Why do you suppose Biden/Harris want millions of poor uneducated people coming to the US, but not those from Cuba? Why do you suppose the Democrat party is undermining the ability of our police to enforce the laws against rioters who are members of Antifa and BLM but are very aggressively prosecuting the law breakers who killed no one but are refusing to prosecute rioters committing mayhem in Democrat controlled cities?
RC,
You make some excellent points.
It is interesting how Sleepy Joe continues to hold onto his ratings while he can't hold a complete thought while talking to a reporter.
But the mainstream media is doing an excellent job of covering for Old Joe, Nasty Kamala, and Joe's sleazebag son.
It's a good thing there is still FoxNews, the WSJ, the Daily Wire, and a number of excellent Conservative pundits on the radio and creating podcasts.
Otherwise fantasists like Agent might continue to influence more people with half a brain.

Back
Top Bottom