• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 146] Three killed, four wounded in California bowling alley shooting

Re: Three killed, four wounded in California bowling alley shooting

Actually an M1 carbine would not be considered an illegal assault rifle in most states that have such bans and I don't think anyone would argue that it is equal to an AR 15 either.

It's a semi-automatic, military style rifle with a detachable magazine and a bayonet lug. It can be fitted with a folding stock, flash hider and grenade launcher. Of course it's illegal under anti-assault weapon laws.

I agree that it isn't equal to the AR platform. It's far superior both in reliability, accuracy, firepower and lethality.

Show me the xrays, and a doctors assessment, proving that the AK75's "545x39 bullet" is nastier.

Further, give a report on the number of times the 30-06 has been used in a mass shooting and the damage it did on the human targets.

not relevant-My nephew served in three combat tours in the ME. twice as a Lt in the rangers and then once as an alpha camp CO in the Green Beret. He said that the 53 or 55 grain round out of the 74 caused worse wounds than the SS109 that his rifle shot. google it

I was told, "don't get shot by those, they tumble, they were banned by Geneva." They were used as sniper rifles when I was in many years ago. I dunno if they were banned by Geneva or not, but I've seen stuff backing up the tumble claim.

Edit: perhaps I was thinking ak74. Probably same concept.

There's always a lot of talk, but you really need Xrays, and medical reports to be sure.

And several in the 70s.

He said never.

Are you really taking that literally? So that it becomes an either/or argument?

Actually an M1 carbine would not be considered an illegal assault rifle in most states that have such bans and I don't think anyone would argue that it is equal to an AR 15 either.

sort of shows how stupid those laws are given that the two firearms function almost exactly the same. The 556 round has a bit better ballistics but since all but one massacre was short-range engagements, the superior ballistics of the AR 15 past 150 yards is irrelevant.

not relevant-My nephew served in three combat tours in the ME. twice as a Lt in the rangers and then once as an alpha camp CO in the Green Beret. He said that the 53 or 55 grain round out of the 74 caused worse wounds than the SS109 that his rifle shot. google it

Not relevent? Ha ha, please. Get back to me when you have some evidence besides some relative you say saw A, or B.

Last edited:

There's always a lot of talk, but you really need Xrays, and medical reports to be sure.

The ak74 thing is old and proven. It was a back weighted sniper round, similar to the 556 but, obviously, bigger and more back heavy.

Maybe ak75 is a new fangled gadget but I'm guessing same idea. Goggle should suffice.

The ak74 thing is old and proven. It was a back weighted sniper round, similar to the 556 but, obviously, bigger and more back heavy.

Maybe ak75 is a new fangled gadget but I'm guessing same idea. Goggle should suffice.

I did the goggling to support my claim, if you want to put up evidence supporting yours feel free. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but medical reports and Xrays are the only way you can prove it.

Last edited:

I did the googling to support my claim, if you want to put up evidence supporting yours feel free. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but medical reports and Xrays are the only way you can prove it.

It's not my claim, unless we're talking ak74 then I back the claim. Ak75, I dunno. I'm not gonna google.

Maybe...... But we did have lots and lots of guns then so what has changed?

What has changed is the perception that it’s not your fault you went ape****, but it’s the unfair societal pressures that made you go bonkers.

Are you really taking that literally? So that it becomes an either/or argument?

He literally said “there were no mass shootings then”. I showed him that there were. I’m not sure why you’re arguing this.

It's a semi-automatic, military style rifle with a detachable magazine and a bayonet lug. It can be fitted with a folding stock, flash hider and grenade launcher. Of course it's illegal under anti-assault weapon laws.

I agree that it isn't equal to the AR platform. It's far superior both in reliability, accuracy, firepower and lethality.

The only disqualifying feature on that particular photo of an M1 carbine in my state would be probably be the bayonet lug. Other than that it would be good to go. The detachable magazine wouldn't be an issue either as long as it's total capacity is 10 rounds or less. Add any of the other stuff there you mentioned you would be doing so at your own risk.

Not relevent? Ha ha, please. Get back to me when you have some evidence besides some relative you say saw A, or B.

so tell me-what is the legal difference between an AR 15 and an MI carbine? do you want to go on record and say the bullets most used in AR 15s (M193, 55 Grain FMJ) are more lethal than those used in the MI Carbine (110 grain FMJ) or the "wasp" 545x39 rounds

The only disqualifying feature on that particular photo of an M1 carbine in my state would be probably be the bayonet lug. Other than that it would be good to go. The detachable magazine wouldn't be an issue either as long as it's total capacity is 10 rounds or less. Add any of the other stuff there you mentioned you would be doing so at your own risk.

If that's the case, then an AR platform could easily be built that didn't have any of those features.

It begs the question: WTF is the point of the ban?

He literally said “there were no mass shootings then”. I showed him that there were. I’m not sure why you’re arguing this.[/QUOTE

So what? That doesn't mean he was saying that there were absolutely no mass shootings at all. There isn't any point in being so literal minded about it.

so tell me-what is the legal difference between an AR 15 and an MI carbine? do you want to go on record and say the bullets most used in AR 15s (M193, 55 Grain FMJ) are more lethal than those used in the MI Carbine (110 grain FMJ) or the "wasp" 545x39 rounds

Look, I proved how damaging the 5.56 is out of the M16/AR15/M4 platform. You want to prove something put up real evidence like medical reports from surgeons with Xrays like I did.

More:

What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns
They weren’t the first mass-shooting victims the Florida radiologist saw—but their wounds were radically different.

Heather Sher is a radiologist.Feb 22, 2018

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...land-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

Last edited:

If that's the case, then an AR platform could easily be built that didn't have any of those features.

It begs the question: WTF is the point of the ban?

That's not anything we don't know already. You want to build a rifle based on the AR platform that doesn't have any those features then that what is you should do. Because that is what the law requires. Beg to question????? Really? The reason obvious. To try to make it more difficult to kill a mass number of people in a very short time.

Look, I proved how damaging the 5.56 is out of the M16/AR15/M4 platform. You want to prove something put up real evidence like medical reports from surgeons.

More:

you just have been schooled-the AR15 round-most commonly encountered, causes less damage than the normal 545x39 round and far less damage than soft tip (banned by the Hague Convention)hunting rounds fired out of firearms chambered in 308,30-06, 7mm, 270 and 243

you just have been schooled-the AR15 round-most commonly encountered, causes less damage than the normal 545x39 round and far less damage than soft tip (banned by the Hague Convention)hunting rounds fired out of firearms chambered in 308,30-06, 7mm, 270 and 243

Still no evidence on your part from reports based on real wounds to humans from surgeons. Still no mass shooting evidence where the rounds you're talking about were used. You're just blowing smoke.

That's not anything we don't know already. You want to build weapon based on the AR platform that doesn't have any those features that what is you should do. Because that is what the law requires. Beg to question????? Really? The reason obvious. To try to make it more difficult to kill a mass number of people in a very short time.

so given your pronounced expertise on firearms

how do the following make an AR 15 more deadly when it has

a pistol grip

a flash hider

a bayonet lug

a telescoping stock

versus this politically correct version designed to be sold in NY

R16M4FTT-NYTHD-R-1024x260.jpg

no pistol grip, no bayonet lug, not flash hider, no adjustable stock

Still no evidence on your part from reports based on real wounds to humans from surgeons.

did your surgeon compare the 556 to hunting rounds? no

so tell me-what is your criteria for banning guns

Suppose to be the weapon used by the cop killer in Dallas a few years ago. Get the autopsy reports.

MicahJohnsonAK-1.jpg

did your surgeon compare the 556 to hunting rounds? no

so tell me-what is your criteria for banning guns

I didn't say anything about banning guns. You're still blowing smoke.

I didn't say anything about banning guns. You're still blowing smoke.

so good, then why whine about the trauma a M193 causes. Do you want to go on record and claim its more destructive than a normal deer rifle round? what was your point in posting that?

Back
Top Bottom