• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#1459]Is COVID over?

I'll just repost what I posted earlier. If you have a rebuttal other than your clever bullpoop emogi then by all means post it. Otherwise I will assume you have no idea what you are talking about and like to make things up.

Abstract​

in English, Spanish

Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and Alphainfluenzavirus are RNA viruses that cause coronavirus disease-19 and influenza, respectively. Both viruses infect the respiratory tract, show similar symptoms, and use surface proteins to infect the host. Influenza requires hemagglutinin and neuraminidase to infect, whereas SARS-CoV-2 uses protein S. Both viruses depend on a viral RNA polymerase to express their proteins, but only SARS-CoV-2 has a proofreading mechanism, which results in a low mutation rate compared to influenza. E1KC4 and camostat mesylate are potential inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 S protein, achieving an effect similar to oseltamivir. Due to the SARS-CoV-2 low mutation rate, nucleoside analogs have been developed (such as EIDD-2801), which insert lethal mutations in the viral RNA. Furthermore, the SARS-CoV-2 low mutation rate suggests that a vaccine, as well as the immunity developed in recovered patients, could provide long-lasting protection compared to vaccines against influenza, which are rendered obsolete as the virus mutates.

Have you heard of the new Covid, Mu variant?

How many Covid variants since 2019
and how many Influenza variants.

Repost as you like. Part of being scientific
is to question the quality of of the science
you upload. They are government scientists
after all
;)

Covid is related to the common cold virus that never
had a vaccine because of its' higher than Influenza
mutation rate. But, hey that's just "basic science"

Moi, M.D. ret.
Defender of TRUTHINESS

ChineseCanadian.jpg

Have you heard of the new Covid, Mu variant?

How many Covid variants since 2019
and how many Influenza variants.

Repost as you like. Part of being scientific
is to question the quality of of the science
you upload. They are government scientists
after all
;)

Covid is related to the common cold virus that never
had a vaccine because of its' higher than Influenza
mutation rate. But, hey that's just "basic science"

Moi, M.D. ret.
Defender of TRUTHINESS

Yeah, its all a big conspiracy and the government has doctors that are in on it too.
I found an article that indicated that covid mutates less frequently than influenza and asked you for a scientific article from a reputable source to counter that. You provided nothing but a distrust of government doctors.
Do you think that no one has ever worked on a vaccine for the common cold because nearly no one dies or gets particularly sick from it?
Yes, I have heard of the Mu variant and I think its going to be trouble.

i think COVID is over for the OP and Jim Jordan.

Covid is here to stay
like HIV & Hep. C.

But, we now have specific medicines
for Hep. C and nearly for HIV.

We need more resources invested in anti
Covid medicines. The good news being it
would probably overlap to other adenovirus
infections such as "the common cold".
Why no "common cold" vaccine?
Like Covid, adenoviruses mutate too fast !&!

Moi, MD ret.

Canada-3.png

so is everyone now on board in that COVID wasn't over when this thread was created (in Oct of 2020) and it still isn't over?

Friend and her husband (both vaxxed) both got it last week. So no.

Friend and her husband (both vaxxed) both got it last week. So no.
No one ever said a vaccine offers 100% protection, did they?

(Trying to sound like a leftist here)

is COVID over?
For me it has been over once I got the vaccine. I was done letting a cold disrupt my life. Just about everyone I know has had this virus with or without a vaccine. The only people that I know who went to the hospital were elderly, overweight, smokers, with diabetes, or some other serious health problem. I had covid19 along with my brother and my 80+ parents and everyone is just fine. My dad was asymptomatic. If he didn't complain about a sore throat they would not even have known he had it. The young people in my family (under 50) were over it before the vaccine. The kids brought the virus home and it went through the household like the flu. Their only concern was killing us old folks by accident. Especially after the vaccine. Most of them were asymptomatic or had minor cold symptoms if any.

For me it has been over once I got the vaccine. I was done letting a cold disrupt my life. Just about everyone I know has had this virus with or without a vaccine. The only people that I know who went to the hospital were elderly, overweight, smokers, with diabetes, or some other serious health problem. I had covid19 along with my brother and my 80+ parents and everyone is just fine. My dad was asymptomatic. If he didn't complain about a sore throat they would not even have known he had it. The young people in my family (under 50) were over it before the vaccine. The kids brought the virus home and it went through the household like the flu. Their only concern was killing us old folks by accident. Especially after the vaccine. Most of them were asymptomatic or had minor cold symptoms if any.
I would say a number of the younger people in our country accidentally killed the older people.

I would say a number of the younger people in our country accidentally killed the older people.
Out of the thousands of people in my extended family I have yet to have a single person die from covid19. Also not a single young person has infected an elderly person at risk in my extended family. The biggest spread was by young children to the rest of the family. Of course luckily most children and teenagers have parents in the their 20 to 40 range. So as expected no deaths occurred.

I was most likely infected by my mother who was infected while working the polls. Of course we will never know for sure. One of the people I work the polls with actually died from covid19. Maybe I caught it at the polls as well and it took me longer to get sick. Of course after the vaccine I was not overly concerned about covid19. I took my mom to the doctors to be tested when she caught it and naturally I got sick a couple of days later. Of course I was over the house with her and to be honest I was more concerned about her than myself. As it turned out neither one of us were never in any real danger from the virus.

Back
Top Bottom