• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1458] Atmospheric CO2 Tops 408 PPM

Re: Atmospheric CO2 Tops 408 PPM

So then you DO think if we remove the trace amount of CO2 from the atmosphere that everything will be pretty much the same?

My plants might die if that occurred, just a maybe

No, all the plants would die, what a silly comment to make. Plants breathe CO2, and Make O2. I thought you were all about science and I was supposed to be the anti-science person...

So the trace level of CO2 does have an effect on the environment

So the trace level of CO2 does have an effect on the environment

Minal impact. Tammerlain, minimal. There are so many things that impact climate, so many forces that tying it to Carbon is, frankly stupid scientifically, but politically it's very useful.

You'll see by around 2025 just how dumbassery the whole AGW movement has been. It'll take that long cause the inertia of groupthink takes something of significance to wake people up.

No, all the plants would die, what a silly comment to make. Plants breathe CO2, and Make O2. I thought you were all about science and I was supposed to be the anti-science person...

Wait. So what you’re saying is that significantly changing just 0.4% of the atmosphere WILL lead to CAAATAAASTROPY?

Atmospheric CO2 continues it's extreme rise in the 21st century. The heat trapping gas is affecting the earths climate. 2015-2018 have been the 4 warmest years on record.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/

View attachment 67238019

It is not possible to trap heat. It is not even possible to trap thermal energy. There is always heat.

CO2 is incapable of warming the Earth. There is no need to worry about it.

So then you DO think if we remove the trace amount of CO2 from the atmosphere that everything will be pretty much the same?

No, the plants would die...then us.

Wait. So what you’re saying is that significantly changing just 0.4% of the atmosphere WILL lead to CAAATAAASTROPY?

No, it's 0.04% atm, if you moved it to .4% that would be PPM around 4000 and that might cause some concern with basic composition of the atmosphere, Now should it hit 6%, or 60kppm, then we have a problem.

No, it's 0.04% atm, if you moved it to .4% that would be PPM around 4000 and that might cause some concern with basic composition of the atmosphere, Now should it hit 6%, or 60kppm, then we have a problem.

Excuse the typo.

Wait. So what you’re saying is that significantly changing just 0.04% of the atmosphere WILL lead to CAAATAAASTROPY?[

Excuse the typo.

Wait. So what you’re saying is that significantly changing just 0.04% of the atmosphere WILL lead to CAAATAAASTROPY?[

No, I was mocking the fear mongering of the OP. Sarcasm, I thought it was quite apparent.

No, I was mocking the fear mongering of the OP. Sarcasm, I thought it was quite apparent.

Well, maybe after this little lesson you’ll realize how abjectly stupid your original comment was, and learn from this. Maybe you wont even use it on every other thread anymore.

I’m not real hopeful though.

Well, maybe after this little lesson you’ll realize how abjectly stupid your original comment was, and learn from this. Maybe you wont even use it on every other thread anymore.

I’m not real hopeful though.
You aren't one to judge the intelligence of others post, let alone try to declare anything "stupid".

Great, warmer Canadian winters.

If anyone needs me I'll be outside with my aerosol cans

You aren't one to judge the intelligence of others post, let alone try to declare anything "stupid".

lol...failed ignorant posts like #32 speak for themselves.

Those who resort to personal insults have already lost the debate. Our allies are the data.

Those who resort to personal insults have already lost the debate. Our allies are the data.

Yes, and if I recall, the interpretation of the data was that 0.04% of a gas in the atmosphere is too small to matter.

That was, as is obvious to everyone except for two people, a vapidly stupid position, and one which deserves to be ridiculed mercilessly.

Yes, and if I recall, the interpretation of the data was that 0.04% of a gas in the atmosphere is too small to matter.

That was, as is obvious to everyone except for two people, a vapidly stupid position, and one which deserves to be ridiculed mercilessly.

No one said it didn't matter, I was referring to the OP that was all panic over 400ppm.

Have a nice day.

As this thread well illustrates, the data alone are not enough to allow us to draw conclusions. A level of scientific expertise sufficient to correctly interpret those data is also an essential requirement. The AGW deniers fail to understand this.

No one said it didn't matter, I was referring to the OP that was all panic over 400ppm.

Have a nice day.

Bicycles don’t ride well when pedaling backwards.

Have a nice day.

Right. And your position seems to be that 400ppm of an atmospheric gas is too little to have an impact on anything.

Until you realized that it literally would wipe out most life on earth if it wasn’t there.

Whose pedaling backwards, not my fault neither you nor 3g can read.

I think we read quite well:

It's the end of the world as we know it...

OH GNOES! 405 out of 1,000,000! In an atmosphere where CO2 is less than 0.04% of all the gasses! IT'S A CAAAATAAASTROPHY!

You’ve mentioned this several times in other threads, too.

Sounds to me like you now realize how abjectly stupid this is now, and are pretending it was just a joke...although it’s an odd joke since you clearly recognize that 400ppm of a gas in the atmosphere is literally keeping all of us alive.

I think we read quite well:

You’ve mentioned this several times in other threads, too.

Sounds to me like you now realize how abjectly stupid this is now, and are pretending it was just a joke...although it’s an odd joke since you clearly recognize that 400ppm of a gas in the atmosphere is literally keeping all of us alive.
Making a big deal out of CO2 increasing from 280 ppm to 408 ppm, is a joke.
We have minimal evidence that CO2 actually performs as a greenhouse gas.
What evidence we do have is not conclusive, and shows that CO2 has a minimal response.

Making a big deal out of CO2 increasing from 280 ppm to 408 ppm, is a joke.
We have minimal evidence that CO2 actually performs as a greenhouse gas.
What evidence we do have is not conclusive, and shows that CO2 has a minimal response.

Odd.

Thousands of scientists wrote a document and rewrote it about five times over the last 20 years that says you’re wrong.

And dozens of scientific organizations, including the most respected ones on the planet, are quite concerned about the increase.

But I guess vague statements from anonymous internet posters who’ve done no work in the field are very important.

You seem to have missed the point.

Back
Top Bottom